OtherGround Forums Anyone getting shredded for summer? Get in here?

3/30/20 1:28 AM
5/4/14
Neil McCauley -

any of you freaks start a home gym cause of the corona? I feel so lucky I started a while ago.

Looks good brotha. Never seen a trap bar like that.

I actually bought a bowflex, some hex weights and two benches. I never thought I’d buy a bowflex but I have limited space and it’s actually pretty decent. I pre exhaust with the dumbbells and then use the bowflex. Tons of variations on the machine and I just work in a higher rep range. My son has been using it everyday as well. 

3/30/20 3:34 PM
12/13/11

had a bowflex when I was about 15. good times. 

3/30/20 8:41 PM
12/13/11

done I suppose.
3/31/20 6:30 AM
1/1/01

Been getting fatter since Christmas, no lifting, no exercise, just eating, feel like dogshit. Thankfully my insanely large muscular calves are still looking good, so thick, solid, tight. Got a lot of belly fat to lose. Clean eating and workouts start again today. I'll be a JACKED white boy again by Halloween!

4/1/20 4:41 AM
1/1/01
Straydog24 -
Dragunov -
Straydog24 -

I've done it all and I truly feel best when I'm eating a clean balanced diet. My macros are essentially broken into thirds (calories) at the end of the day.

Where are you getting your fats from Stray? I’m averaging about 30g’s a day which is low (15%).

My fats comes mostly from almonds, eggs, lean ground turkey and a little light cheese. The remainder of those fat grams come from small amounts in assorted lean foods I eat throughout the day. 

I gotta cut back on the cheese or find some light cheese I guess. That doesn't sound appealing though. Hah

4/1/20 6:52 AM
5/2/02
Floppy Divac -
Straydog24 -
Dragunov -
Straydog24 -

I've done it all and I truly feel best when I'm eating a clean balanced diet. My macros are essentially broken into thirds (calories) at the end of the day.

Where are you getting your fats from Stray? I’m averaging about 30g’s a day which is low (15%).

My fats comes mostly from almonds, eggs, lean ground turkey and a little light cheese. The remainder of those fat grams come from small amounts in assorted lean foods I eat throughout the day. 

I gotta cut back on the cheese or find some light cheese I guess. That doesn't sound appealing though. Hah

Can’t you just choose different cheese?   Like a young mozzarella will have fewer calories than a brie 

4/1/20 8:45 PM
1/1/01
nottheface -
Floppy Divac -
Straydog24 -
Dragunov -
Straydog24 -

Can’t you just choose different cheese?   Like a young mozzarella will have fewer calories than a brie 

Thanks. It's mainly the fat/saturated fat content I'm thinking about.

And Stray, if you get tired of almonds and haven't already given sprouted pumpkin seeds a try you should check em out. I got some "harvested for you" brand with a touch of sea salt and they're pretty delicious. Been adding them to my overnight oats but unlike most of the other stuff I put in there they're a tasty nutritious snack on their own.

4/1/20 9:32 PM
9/15/11

Alright, fuck this Im in.  Just started a 4 day push-pull routine with cardio after each workout.  Cleaned up diet, bit partial to jagerbombs.  With coronavirus and working from home, Im ready to get in shape with you degenrates.  Keep it going you sexy dicks.

4/1/20 10:27 PM
5/4/14

K boys. I’m starting a new 2020 thread next Monday. Well start the mafucka all over again and chase better results.

4/2/20 1:22 AM
1/1/01
Straydog24 -

K boys. I’m starting a new 2020 thread next Monday. Well start the mafucka all over again and chase better results.

I'm in a much better place for it this go round. I'm just getting back on it whereas last year I didn't get my diet in order until a couple months later in. I now have an understanding of a decent diet and am building my workouts back up after a couple months of inactivity. My tan is waaay ahead of schedule. And it's all natty, Neil MelanoCauley!! Lol

4/2/20 1:26 AM
5/4/14

A fucking bowflex boys. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
4/2/20 2:47 AM
1/1/01
Straydog24 - 

Bowflex, lol. Bad move. Should have gone with the Chuck Norris Total Gym. Hit that bad boy for power, then mix in some Tony Little Gazelle action for cardio.

4/2/20 2:49 AM
5/4/14
PeteyWheatstraw -
Straydog24 - 

Bowflex, lol. Bad move. Should have gone with the Chuck Norris Total Gym. Hit that bad boy for power, then mix in some Tony Little Gazelle action for cardio.

YEAH BABY! 

4/2/20 3:15 AM
1/1/01
Straydog24 - 
PeteyWheatstraw -
Straydog24 - 

YEAH BABY! 

lol.

Actually looks pretty fun. Might even be a decent workout. You can still buy one on Amazon for 289, lol.

4/2/20 5:33 AM
1/1/01
Floppy Divac -
nottheface -
Floppy Divac -
Straydog24 -
Dragunov -
Straydog24 -

And Stray, if you get tired of almonds and haven't already given sprouted pumpkin seeds a try you should check em out. I got some "harvested for you" brand with a touch of sea salt and they're pretty delicious. Been adding them to my overnight oats but unlike most of the other stuff I put in there they're a tasty nutritious snack on their own.

Sprouted pumpkin seeds?

That sounds like something that little dirty hippie girls eat on the way to the Lilith Fair.

4/2/20 3:54 PM
12/13/11
Floppy Divac -
Straydog24 -

I'm in a much better place for it this go round. I'm just getting back on it whereas last year I didn't get my diet in order until a couple months later in. I now have an understanding of a decent diet and am building my workouts back up after a couple months of inactivity. My tan is waaay ahead of schedule. And it's all natty, Neil MelanoCauley!! Lol

LOL but you live  in California, right? I am in canada. it snowed here a bit yesterday and its April! If I could build upon my tan year round and never lose it as consequence I'd be on the O'natural as well. it's a shitty time right now cause I cant leave for Vacation cause of the corona, tanning salons are not open and it's cold. Means I haven't taken the melanotan in a long while. I am still a bit tanned though. Perhaps my DNA has changed? 

4/2/20 3:58 PM
12/13/11
Straydog24 -

you have plenty room for a power rack. why didn't you get one? squat bench deadlift pullups dips etc. 

on an unrelated story I had a second bench in my gym that Ive had for like 10 years. it's fully adjustable but quite cheap. prob bought for 150 originally. I put it on craigslist for 100 dollars and no shit I got 50 emails within an hour wanting it. people cant get gym shit anywhere. I look forward to this quarantine ending so I can buy a bunch of used shit off all the people that are buying shit temporarily. 

4/2/20 9:21 PM
1/1/01
Neil McCauley -
Floppy Divac -
Straydog24 -

LOL but you live  in California, right? I am in canada. it snowed here a bit yesterday and its April! If I could build upon my tan year round and never lose it as consequence I'd be on the O'natural as well. it's a shitty time right now cause I cant leave for Vacation cause of the corona, tanning salons are not open and it's cold. Means I haven't taken the melanotan in a long while. I am still a bit tanned though. Perhaps my DNA has changed? 

Just teasing buddy. Do you have room for a tanning bed in there? 

4/2/20 9:24 PM
1/1/01
BJ Penn Forever -
Floppy Divac -
nottheface -
Floppy Divac -
Straydog24 -
Dragunov -
Straydog24 -

Sprouted pumpkin seeds?

That sounds like something that little dirty hippie girls eat on the way to the Lilith Fair.

Well I do sun bathe in the nude down by the river whenever I can find a secluded spot. But honestly they are delicious and similar to sunflower seeds. Just a lot more nut meat and no shells. I'm all about the meaty nuts. 

4/3/20 12:41 AM
5/4/14
Neil McCauley -
Straydog24 -

you have plenty room for a power rack. why didn't you get one? squat bench deadlift pullups dips etc. 

on an unrelated story I had a second bench in my gym that Ive had for like 10 years. it's fully adjustable but quite cheap. prob bought for 150 originally. I put it on craigslist for 100 dollars and no shit I got 50 emails within an hour wanting it. people cant get gym shit anywhere. I look forward to this quarantine ending so I can buy a bunch of used shit off all the people that are buying shit temporarily. 

I’d love to put a power rack in but I got something for the whole family. My 11 year son and I did an arm workout today and it’s pretty versatile. There are bowflex YouTube videos which cater to all different levels. I’m already looking for the heavier rods. All in all I’ve had some decent workouts and some great cardio sessions on my new heavy bag. 

4/3/20 12:42 AM
5/4/14
Neil McCauley -
Floppy Divac -
Straydog24 -

Get your shit together Powder ;)

4/8/20 6:56 AM
1/2/11

Hey Stray - did you post a new 2020 shredded thread?

4/8/20 9:49 AM
5/4/14
Lukinho -

Hey Stray - did you post a new 2020 shredded thread?

No sir. I will do it later today. 

4/8/20 10:42 PM
5/4/14

Shredded for Summer - 2020 thread has been posted. Let’s do this boys.