OtherGround Forums Anyone have Bam in their Death Pool?

6 days ago
11/6/06

Bam is dead in 6 months

6 days ago
5/8/13

Who is Novak? 

6 days ago
1/1/01
Dugs95 -

Who is Novak? 

Former scumbag that sounds like a rehab hustler these days.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Novak

6 days ago
12/5/12

Bams problems were around along time before Dunn pasted AWAY. There is a reason why alot of his friends did not appear on Bams Unholy Union show. Rabb and Dunn just couldn't deal with all his drinking etc. Dunn was there for Bam first intervention attempt and talked Bam out of his room. 

6 days ago
12/10/09
topteam71 -
scrapdo -
topteam71 -

When he was a young man His mental illness was championed, encouraged and applauded by his parents. They fed into it, while the family was making money off of it. You can only be so famous, do so much drugs and alcohol before you start to “lose it”. Bam has probably never self reflected or knows his true self. 

I had no idea that he was mentally ill.

I'm curious, what was his diagnosis back then?

Please. If you don’t think addiction is not a form of mental illness you are mistaken. His parents share some of the blame since his show was him acting like a degenerate on national tv while disrespecting his parents.  Heavy alcohol and drug use was fine when everyone was getting paid. It all comes at a cost, usually an empty existence which is what we are seeing manifest.

I honestly hope he gets help, recovers and lives a meaningful life. From what I heard he was a legit good skater, sad to see him where he is now.

Addiction is not a mental illness. Thanks for clearing up that you just don’t know WTF you’re talking about. 

6 days ago
1/1/01
Goochy Mang -

Met a guy the other day who says he is Bam’s manager. Not sure why anyone would want that job. 

Manage what?

6 days ago
4/27/05
scrapdo -
topteam71 -
scrapdo -
topteam71 -

When he was a young man His mental illness was championed, encouraged and applauded by his parents. They fed into it, while the family was making money off of it. You can only be so famous, do so much drugs and alcohol before you start to “lose it”. Bam has probably never self reflected or knows his true self. 

Please. If you don’t think addiction is not a form of mental illness you are mistaken. His parents share some of the blame since his show was him acting like a degenerate on national tv while disrespecting his parents.  Heavy alcohol and drug use was fine when everyone was getting paid. It all comes at a cost, usually an empty existence which is what we are seeing manifest.

I honestly hope he gets help, recovers and lives a meaningful life. From what I heard he was a legit good skater, sad to see him where he is now.

Addiction is not a mental illness. Thanks for clearing up that you just don’t know WTF you’re talking about. 

It is a treatable mental illness. 

6 days ago
10/30/05
kungfugrip -
Goochy Mang -

Met a guy the other day who says he is Bam’s manager. Not sure why anyone would want that job. 

Manage what?

Exactly what I thought. He sounded busy doing whatever the fuck he does. 

6 days ago
7/15/17

after that many drugs and that much alcohol can if really be pensil whipped as a mental health issue 

6 days ago
1/1/01
BJ Penn Forever - 
Dugs95 -

Who is Novak? 

Former scumbag that sounds like a rehab hustler these days.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Novak

lol @ "In early February 2011, Novak claimed on Radio Bam that he had used his cellmate's urine to pass a drug test and mentioned the facility by name. The episode was intercepted by the staff at the correctional facility, and on February 11, 2011, the judge revoked Novak's weekend sentence and ordered him to be jailed for 10 months. Novak was released from the jail on December 30, 2011. He was then on parole for one year and was on probation until the end of 2013, during which time he had to stay clean of illegal substances."
6 days ago
3/29/13
scrapdo -
topteam71 -
scrapdo -
topteam71 -

how is it not a mental illness?

6 days ago
8/31/18
BJ Penn Forever -

That is fucked Novak won't speak to Bam after Bam has spent untold amounts of money helping him throughout the years.

Sounds like Novak will still talk to him but bam just doesn't want to hear the sobriety shit. 

Almost seemed upset that he's sober. Btw the whole he gets paid for sending people to rehab... really? People are paying Novak to encourage others in rehab? Lol.bams doing the thing all druggies do. Ruining any relationship around them and blaming others for it. 

6 days ago
5/14/08
CobraKaiRep - 
BJ Penn Forever -

That is fucked Novak won't speak to Bam after Bam has spent untold amounts of money helping him throughout the years.

Sounds like Novak will still talk to him but bam just doesn't want to hear the sobriety shit. 

Almost seemed upset that he's sober. Btw the whole he gets paid for sending people to rehab... really? People are paying Novak to encourage others in rehab? Lol.bams doing the thing all druggies do. Ruining any relationship around them and blaming others for it. 

Yup. And since Novak is sober nowadays he knows that sooner or later you have to pull back and stop "helping"/enabling. Which sounds like that has pissed off Bam. Not to mention being around Bam isnt a safe place for Novaks sobriety either.

6 days ago
12/10/09
KaepernicksTheAppleOfMyEye -
scrapdo -
topteam71 -
scrapdo -
topteam71 -

Just because they’ve relatively recently decided to classify it as one, doesn’t make it true. Just like no longer classifying being a transsexual as a mental disorder doesn’t mean it isn’t. It is. 

And being addicted to drugs can cause mental illness, but it’s not one. That’s just another example of removing personal responsibility from society so that everyone can be a victim, even of their own choices. 

6 days ago
6/3/11

40 years old and blaming his mom for being a loser. I've never liked Bam and thought hes always been a bad human. He was nothing without Knoxville helping him out. Dude would've been a loser without Jackass. Turns out he fucked that all up also. I don't feel bad for him. 

6 days ago
7/4/09

In

6 days ago
3/9/07
scrapdo -
scrapdo -
topteam71 -
scrapdo -
topteam71 -

Just because they’ve relatively recently decided to classify it as one, doesn’t make it true. Just like no longer classifying being a transsexual as a mental disorder doesn’t mean it isn’t. It is. 

And being addicted to drugs can cause mental illness, but it’s not one. That’s just another example of removing personal responsibility from society so that everyone can be a victim, even of their own choices. 

It's not a disease but it is an illness.  Drugs literally fuck with your brain. 

Edited: 6 days ago
12/10/09
gooner666 -
scrapdo -
scrapdo -
topteam71 -
scrapdo -
topteam71 -

It's not a disease but it is an illness.  Drugs literally fuck with your brain. 

Btw, obesity is next. They do this shit to create awareness ave funding and reduce stigma. Not because these problems are suddenly revealed to be mental illness by some emperical measures. 

6 days ago
3/29/13
scrapdo -
scrapdo -
topteam71 -
scrapdo -
topteam71 -

I didn't know it was recently classified, in that case your argument is completely invalid isn't it?

6 days ago
4/20/17

Bam won't live to see the end of 2021.

6 days ago
1/1/01
6 days ago
1/1/01

His profile really does look like Phil 

6 days ago
12/5/12

6 days ago
3/13/18
Region Rat -

40 years old and blaming his mom for being a loser. I've never liked Bam and thought hes always been a bad human. He was nothing without Knoxville helping him out. Dude would've been a loser without Jackass. Turns out he fucked that all up also. I don't feel bad for him. 

Bam was making a lot of money before Knoxville got in the mix

6 days ago
3/16/10
Region Rat -

I like Bam, used to watch him skate before he did Viva la Bam and Jackass.

Sucks seeing him like this, I hope he eventually can pull his shit together.