OtherGround Forums Anyone have Bam in their Death Pool?

10 days ago
6/26/06

10 days ago
3/20/15
Girly - 

I could have gone to bed tonight without seeing this and been okay with it.....

10 days ago
3/9/07
scrapdo -
gooner666 -
scrapdo -
KaepernicksTheAppleOfMyEye -
scrapdo -
topteam71 -
scrapdo -
topteam71 -

When he was a young man His mental illness was championed, encouraged and applauded by his parents. They fed into it, while the family was making money off of it. You can only be so famous, do so much drugs and alcohol before you start to “lose it”. Bam has probably never self reflected or knows his true self. 

I had no idea that he was mentally ill.

I'm curious, what was his diagnosis back then?

Please. If you don’t think addiction is not a form of mental illness you are mistaken. His parents share some of the blame since his show was him acting like a degenerate on national tv while disrespecting his parents.  Heavy alcohol and drug use was fine when everyone was getting paid. It all comes at a cost, usually an empty existence which is what we are seeing manifest.

I honestly hope he gets help, recovers and lives a meaningful life. From what I heard he was a legit good skater, sad to see him where he is now.

Addiction is not a mental illness. Thanks for clearing up that you just don’t know WTF you’re talking about. 

how is it not a mental illness?

Just because they’ve relatively recently decided to classify it as one, doesn’t make it true. Just like no longer classifying being a transsexual as a mental disorder doesn’t mean it isn’t. It is. 

And being addicted to drugs can cause mental illness, but it’s not one. That’s just another example of removing personal responsibility from society so that everyone can be a victim, even of their own choices. 

It's not a disease but it is an illness.  Drugs literally fuck with your brain. 

Btw, obesity is next. They do this shit to create awareness ave funding and reduce stigma. Not because these problems are suddenly revealed to be mental illness by some emperical measures. 

Drugs literally altar your brain, obesity does not. 

10 days ago
4/1/11
Banjaxo -
Floppy Divac -

How are Steve O and the rest of em doing these days? Wee man, fat dude, Pontius, etc

I heard from someone that Steve-O made some big changes and got himself sorted out, too lazy to google it to check though.

Steve o still crazy but 100% sober and Pontius after his mishap in Miami i think he went sober as well.

10 days ago
6/30/07
bigJ6464 -
Banjaxo -
Floppy Divac -

How are Steve O and the rest of em doing these days? Wee man, fat dude, Pontius, etc

I heard from someone that Steve-O made some big changes and got himself sorted out, too lazy to google it to check though.

Steve o still crazy but 100% sober and Pontius after his mishap in Miami i think he went sober as well.

What happened to party boy?

10 days ago
9/14/12

“OCTOBER 24--What would you expect from a thong-loving guy whose new MTV show is called "Wildboyz" and co-stars the great Steve-O? Early yesterday morning, Miami Beach cops found Chris Pontius, a 29-year-old "Jackass" graduate, passed out on the hood of a car. He was, of course, drunk and naked (but you probably could have figured that one out). When cops woke Pontius, according to the below incident report, he became agitated and told one officer, "I'm going to kick your posterior." Amazingly, the woozy Pontius actually used the word posterior--the term wasn't substituted in the report for the word ass. After Pontius ignored police directions, he was pepper sprayed by cops and bundled off to a local hospital” per TheSmokingGun

10 days ago
6/26/06

10 days ago
12/5/12
Mr Sizzzz -

“OCTOBER 24--What would you expect from a thong-loving guy whose new MTV show is called "Wildboyz" and co-stars the great Steve-O? Early yesterday morning, Miami Beach cops found Chris Pontius, a 29-year-old "Jackass" graduate, passed out on the hood of a car. He was, of course, drunk and naked (but you probably could have figured that one out). When cops woke Pontius, according to the below incident report, he became agitated and told one officer, "I'm going to kick your posterior." Amazingly, the woozy Pontius actually used the word posterior--the term wasn't substituted in the report for the word ass. After Pontius ignored police directions, he was pepper sprayed by cops and bundled off to a local hospital” per TheSmokingGun

That was in 2003 and Steve O and Chris were doing wild Boyz he definitely continued drinking during and after that. 

10 days ago
1/1/01
Thats fukin illegal -

after that many drugs and that much alcohol can if really be pensil whipped as a mental health issue 

Wut?

10 days ago
1/1/01
Girly -

Who is the chick? Is this recent poon Steve O is banging? Lucky fucker.

10 days ago
6/30/07
thegreatone287 -
Mr Sizzzz -

That was in 2003 and Steve O and Chris were doing wild Boyz he definitely continued drinking during and after that. 

This

That was just a regular Tuesday

10 days ago
6/3/11
The_Pundits_Ghost -
Region Rat -

40 years old and blaming his mom for being a loser. I've never liked Bam and thought hes always been a bad human. He was nothing without Knoxville helping him out. Dude would've been a loser without Jackass. Turns out he fucked that all up also. I don't feel bad for him. 

Bam was making a lot of money before Knoxville got in the mix

How so? Skating? I highly doubt he was making alot of money and it certainly wouldn't have been for the long term. 

10 days ago
12/5/12
Region Rat -
The_Pundits_Ghost -
Region Rat -

40 years old and blaming his mom for being a loser. I've never liked Bam and thought hes always been a bad human. He was nothing without Knoxville helping him out. Dude would've been a loser without Jackass. Turns out he fucked that all up also. I don't feel bad for him. 

How so? Skating? I highly doubt he was making alot of money and it certainly wouldn't have been for the long term. 

He was signed to element and he had also made CKY, CKY2K and CKY The latest and greatest. At that time he had already bought his parents their house and his Audi as well as his Ferrari. And that was before jackass. 

10 days ago
2/23/12
thegreatone287 -
Region Rat -
The_Pundits_Ghost -
Region Rat -

He was signed to element and he had also made CKY, CKY2K and CKY The latest and greatest. At that time he had already bought his parents their house and his Audi as well as his Ferrari. And that was before jackass. 

He said he made a million dollars from the first cky movie which was when he was 20/21. He also had a lot of endorsement deals

9 days ago
5/22/04
I think he'll kill himself within a year
he can't quit drinking.
9 days ago
7/12/15

There is debate among mental health clinicians whether addiction is a disease/illness, or just poor coping skills/behaviors.

There is no research pointing to a biological or heritable component that would qualify addiction as a disease/illness.  Still, many clinicians refer to addiction as a disease.  I believe that is because they were addicts themselves or someone close to them was/is.  

I believe that experimenting with substances is a choice.  I beilieve abusing substances is a choice.  I believe people make progressively worse choices regarding substances when areas of their lives become out of control.  Some people harden and press forward.  Some people break.  Some people get mermaid hair.  Some people dull the pain with drugs, then do it more and more.  Addiction is, in my opinion, the culmination of terrible choices that results in strong habits that require professional help to break.  Addiction should not be equated to mental illness.  Mental illness is not the result of choice.  Calling addiction an illness enables the addict to wiggle out of responsibility for their choices.  Without taking full responsibility, real and lasting change is not possible.

Bam was fun when he was a kid.  As he got older, people died, grew up, moved on, or got stuck.  Relationships fell apart.  His behavior became unacceptable, but he did not know how else to act and only had enablers left in his life.  Turned to drugs as the cast of characters and yes men got smaller.  Now people expect him to stop the drugs, but he knows deep down that he turned to drugs because he was lonely and did not know how to move into the next phase of his life.  Take away the drugs and all he’s got is lonely in his mind, which is what led to the drugs.  Maybe he has a mood disorder.  Maybe a personality disorder.  Maybe he’s just a teenager emotionally and intellectually that never grew up, doesn’t know how to, and is scared, alone, and resentful.  So he sticks with what he knows: being a druggy and a half assed shock jock.  It obviously isn’t working, but he knows how to do that.  It’s easy.  Sometimes it’s even fun.  It gets attention.  People that know him seem to be tired of him.  People that knew him and got sober are using his troubles to present an illusion of their personal triumphs.  He’s a selfish guy barely surrounded by other selfish people, all of whom have varying degrees of adjustment problems and maladaptive coping skills.  

Translation: he’s fucked.

9 days ago
2/24/13

For some reason I was thinking this was more recent but this was a good episode:

https://youtu.be/hFsuKGgStPw

9 days ago
3/29/13
MrShush -

There is debate among mental health clinicians whether addiction is a disease/illness, or just poor coping skills/behaviors.

There is no research pointing to a biological or heritable component that would qualify addiction as a disease/illness.  Still, many clinicians refer to addiction as a disease.  I believe that is because they were addicts themselves or someone close to them was/is.  

I believe that experimenting with substances is a choice.  I beilieve abusing substances is a choice.  I believe people make progressively worse choices regarding substances when areas of their lives become out of control.  Some people harden and press forward.  Some people break.  Some people get mermaid hair.  Some people dull the pain with drugs, then do it more and more.  Addiction is, in my opinion, the culmination of terrible choices that results in strong habits that require professional help to break.  Addiction should not be equated to mental illness.  Mental illness is not the result of choice.  Calling addiction an illness enables the addict to wiggle out of responsibility for their choices.  Without taking full responsibility, real and lasting change is not possible.

Bam was fun when he was a kid.  As he got older, people died, grew up, moved on, or got stuck.  Relationships fell apart.  His behavior became unacceptable, but he did not know how else to act and only had enablers left in his life.  Turned to drugs as the cast of characters and yes men got smaller.  Now people expect him to stop the drugs, but he knows deep down that he turned to drugs because he was lonely and did not know how to move into the next phase of his life.  Take away the drugs and all he’s got is lonely in his mind, which is what led to the drugs.  Maybe he has a mood disorder.  Maybe a personality disorder.  Maybe he’s just a teenager emotionally and intellectually that never grew up, doesn’t know how to, and is scared, alone, and resentful.  So he sticks with what he knows: being a druggy and a half assed shock jock.  It obviously isn’t working, but he knows how to do that.  It’s easy.  Sometimes it’s even fun.  It gets attention.  People that know him seem to be tired of him.  People that knew him and got sober are using his troubles to present an illusion of their personal triumphs.  He’s a selfish guy barely surrounded by other selfish people, all of whom have varying degrees of adjustment problems and maladaptive coping skills.  

Translation: he’s fucked.

dis·ease

/d??z?z/

Learn to pronounce

noun

1. a disorder of structure or function in a human, animal, or plant, especially one that produces specific signs or symptoms or that affects a specific location and is not simply a direct result of physical injury.

"bacterial meningitis is a rare disease"

synonyms:illness, sickness, ill health; More
    • a particular quality, habit, or disposition regarded as adversely affecting a person or group of people.

9 days ago
7/26/07
Banjaxo - 
Floppy Divac -

He's doing triathalons now and i think i read is completely sober

9 days ago
1/1/01

I read Bam is bipolar and has been off his meds and that is why he has been nuts as of late.

9 days ago
1/1/01

Him being bipolar makes perfect sense. One look at his vids and you can tell it was not just a booze issue.

9 days ago
6/30/07
Chimonos Revenge -
Banjaxo - 
Floppy Divac -

Sober vegan. He's all in on clean living. And just living in general.

9 days ago
4/27/05
Mountain Medic -
Chimonos Revenge -
Banjaxo - 
Floppy Divac -

Sober vegan. He's all in on clean living. And just living in general.

I am also very impressed with Steve-O. He grew up to have a great life yet kept his sense of humor. He has his shit together. Always seemed like he had a big heart.

9 days ago
6/13/09

He may be in the death pool for this year or next year, but he'll have to take a back seat to Henry Kissinger.

9 days ago
1/1/01

Is this a theoretical death pool, a death pool I don't know about or Stanhope's real celeb deathpool?