OtherGround Forums Are Felines P4P the best fighters in animal world?

15 days ago
5/10/04

Oh...

And Komodo Dragons have armored skin, to protect them from other dragons, because they can be canables. There are tiny bone fragments blended with the skin under their scales.

Also, female Komodo Dragons can reproduce without mating.

Real life monsters.

15 days ago
1/1/01
onepunchJD - 
Oh...

And Komodo Dragons have armored skin, to protect them from other dragons, because they can be canables. There are tiny bone fragments blended with the skin under their scales.

Also, female Komodo Dragons can reproduce without mating.

Real life monsters.

All those poor male Komodo Dragons having to pay child support.......

15 days ago
6/22/12

Got to be a tiger, fast and big, giant claws and that feline instinct and stalking ability. Nothing hunts like a cat.

15 days ago
11/11/11

Really guys?

15 days ago
3/25/14
DaveFu -

Badgers. BADGERS!

WE DONT NEED NO STINKIN BADGERS!

15 days ago
1/7/06
onepunchJD -
Pedro Navaja - 
onepunchJD - 

A wolverine is the undisputed king of mammals p4p.

I've seen footage of a wolverine chasing a bear up a tree.
Chasing a pack of wolves off a kill.
Etc...

A Komodo Dragon is one of the scariest land animals though.
You couldn't even out run one.
Fuck that..

These are good points. 

I was looking at pictures of Lynxes (the feline in the weight of Wolverines) and I think the wolverine might fuck them up.

See, they look so fluffy, not as strong as tigers:

The cat is much more agile, but wolverines are thick as fuck and look tougher. 

And good point about the Komodo dragon.

Average weight of a male komodo: Male: 79 – 91 kg

Lets say the Feline matchup should be a Cougar (50-100kg as an adult)... Would a Cougar fuck a Komodo dragon up?

The wolverine has very thick skin, and can rotate its body almost completely inside the skin.

It's also p4p the strongest mammal IIRC.

Basically, most of the weasel family (wolverine is a part of), are bad asses. Wolverines, Badgers, Mongoose, etc.

Weasel family would be the p4p kings overall, and would most times beat a similar sized feline IMO.

Cats are awesome though.

As far as Cougar vs Komodo dragon...

Thw Dragon bites the Cougar, cougar runs off to kick its wounds... but then the Komodo's mouth bacteria causes an infection that hobbles would eventually kill the cougar.
The Komodo Dragon takes it's time following the big cat until it can no longer run... then it eats the cougar Ali e before the big cat can die with dignity.

Komodo dragons are like real life nightmares.

I just heard that while yes, komodo dragons have bacteria from previous dinners,  they are also, indeed venomous.  My whole worldview was rocked.  Its Like ive been lied to my whole life.  

15 days ago
3/13/17
onepunchJD - 
Pedro Navaja - 
onepunchJD - 

Etc...

Fuck that..

These are good points. 

I was looking at pictures of Lynxes (the feline in the weight of Wolverines) and I think the wolverine might fuck them up.

Lets say the Feline matchup should be a Cougar (50-100kg as an adult)... Would a Cougar fuck a Komodo dragon up?

The wolverine has very thick skin, and can rotate its body almost completely inside the skin.

Basically, most of the weasel family (wolverine is a part of), are bad asses. Wolverines, Badgers, Mongoose, etc.

Weasel family would be the p4p kings overall, and would most times beat a similar sized feline IMO.

Cats are awesome though.

Thw Dragon bites the Cougar, cougar runs off to kick its wounds... but then the Komodo's mouth bacteria causes an infection that hobbles would eventually kill the cougar.
The Komodo Dragon takes it's time following the big cat until it can no longer run... then it eats the cougar Ali e before the big cat can die with dignity.

I may have to concede that Weasels are P4P the strongest land animal fighters.

Because they pack so much into that small weight and frame.

If it was a fight to the death though....

Edited: 15 days ago
1/1/01
Big cats prefer to attack from behind, so a cougar vs Komodo dragon would likely have the cougar circling around and pouncing on the Komodo from behind and then biting its neck from there. There's a well known YouTube of a tiger doing the same thing when it was facing a croc. Also a Komodo the same weight as a cougar would be noticeably smaller in body because its tail is so long and thick and takes up a big percentage of its body weight.
15 days ago
5/10/04
Pencil Neck - Big cats prefer to attack from behind, so a cougar vs Komodo dragon would likely have the cougar circling around and pouncing on the Komodo from behind and then biting its neck from there. There's a well known YouTube of a tiger doing the same thing when it was facing a croc. Also a Komodo the same weight as a cougar would be noticeably smaller in body because its tail is so long and thick and takes up a big percentage of its body weight.

Komodo Dragon gets one bite, and it's over.

The venom stops the blood from clotting, so the cougar starts to bleed out.
Rapid blood loss sends cougar into shock, triggering flight response -- only accelerating the blood loss.
Komodo Dragon has found it's dinner.

Also, the Komodo Dragon armor means it can weather a hell of a storm.

Cougar has to fight a flawless fight...
.. would be better off just buying the dragon a beer and live to fight another day.
15 days ago
5/10/04
TheBearStare - 

Really guys?

I once saw a wolverine chase one of your brothers up a tree.

How embarrassing.
1/1/01
onepunchJD -
Dragunov - 

I think a honey badger fucks up a similar-sized cat.

Handling the wolverine's light work.

honey badger = Rangers

wolverine = special forces.

different mission profiles. both tier one operators

Mountain Lion vs Wolf? zuffa make it happen

15 days ago
6/22/12
TheBearStare -

Really guys?

Sorry man.... I mean bear.

15 days ago
6/22/12
Pedro Navaja -
onepunchJD - 
Pedro Navaja - 
onepunchJD - 

Etc...

Fuck that..

These are good points. 

Cats are awesome though.

I may have to concede that Weasels are P4P the strongest land animal fighters.

Because they pack so much into that small weight and frame.

If it was a fight to the death though....

That badger has big giant hairy man balls

15 days ago
3/13/17
pumpkinpuss - 
onepunchJD -
Dragunov - 

honey badger = Rangers

Score one for the Felines

15 days ago
1/1/01

P4P best hunter would have to be weasels, stoats, martens. 

https://www.earthtouchnews.com/natural-world/predator-vs-prey/mustelid-vs-primate-yellow-throated-marten-pair-kills-rhesus-macaque/

15 days ago
1/1/01
BeavTek - 
DaveFu -

Badgers. BADGERS!

WE DONT NEED NO STINKIN BADGERS!

15 days ago
3/2/11

The weasel family fight dirty and go for genitalia or anything that will bleed profusely.

They have thick loose hide like a gi, where they can take a full on bite and reverse the tables and go for a cats junk.

Honey Badger and Giant Otters (pack hunting weasels) are contenders.

15 days ago
12/1/03

What makes wolverines so tough? I know they are super ballsy but do they have really thick hide or something?

15 days ago
3/13/17
onepunchJD - 
Pencil Neck - Big cats prefer to attack from behind, so a cougar vs Komodo dragon would likely have the cougar circling around and pouncing on the Komodo from behind and then biting its neck from there. There's a well known YouTube of a tiger doing the same thing when it was facing a croc. Also a Komodo the same weight as a cougar would be noticeably smaller in body because its tail is so long and thick and takes up a big percentage of its body weight.

Komodo Dragon gets one bite, and it's over.

The venom stops the blood from clotting, so the cougar starts to bleed out.
Rapid blood loss sends cougar into shock, triggering flight response -- only accelerating the blood loss.
Komodo Dragon has found it's dinner.

Also, the Komodo Dragon armor means it can weather a hell of a storm.

Cougar has to fight a flawless fight...
.. would be better off just buying the dragon a beer and live to fight another day.

Technically the dragon has venom in his saliva no? That would disqualify him.

We're talking MMA rules here. No venom, no flying or swimming.

15 days ago
10/4/18
Pedro Navaja - 
pumpkinpuss - 
onepunchJD -
Dragunov - 

honey badger = Rangers

Score one for the Felines

Guy said the wolf had the cat then when he got out to get a closer look, they stopped because of the distraction then the cat took advantage of the situation and grabbed the wolf by the neck and killed it. I think the guy changed the outcome of the fight....maybe.
5/22/09

What about a box jellyfish?  Enough venom to kill 60 people.  Have killed over 5000 people since the 50's apparently.  Very light too, so fits the P4P mantra.

15 days ago
10/8/13

P4P Honey badger easy. 

15 days ago
7/13/09
Pencil Neck - Big cats prefer to attack from behind, so a cougar vs Komodo dragon would likely have the cougar circling around and pouncing on the Komodo from behind and then biting its neck from there. There's a well known YouTube of a tiger doing the same thing when it was facing a croc. Also a Komodo the same weight as a cougar would be noticeably smaller in body because its tail is so long and thick and takes up a big percentage of its body weight.

Varanus are not crocodilians.  They are much more agile and fast .  Monitors are one of the few maybe only repitikes that can breathe as they run which means they don't have the short bursts of energy followed by long periods of rest like most reptiles.  Obviously I  haven't  with komodos but I have been around asian water monitors quite Abit when I was younger. 

15 days ago
10/4/18
Oh and primates shouldn't be in this at all as they die fairly easily from shock when injured. A cat would kill a gorilla fairly easily.
15 days ago
6/22/12
MrMcPeach -

What about a box jellyfish?  Enough venom to kill 60 people.  Have killed over 5000 people since the 50's apparently.  Very light too, so fits the P4P mantra.

I think neutral ground kinda fucks the jellyfish what neutral for an aquatic creature vs a land creature? Also i believe op ruled out venom