OtherGround Forums Are Felines P4P the best fighters in animal world?

7 days ago
7/13/09
Pedro Navaja -

Discounting poisonous animals, and only counting land animals. Obviously a shark would kill a tiger in water.

i believe the only challenge for felines on ground are canines. 

Apex canine is a wolf right?

Mountain Lion vs Wolf? Who takes it?

no land animal is beating a tiger (equal weight)

obviously a big pit bull beats a house cat.

what about Gorillas and Bears? Keep in mind this is P4P!

Google says a full grown Gorilla is 300-500 lbs.

and a full grown tiger is in the same range.

Alpha tiger vs Alpha gorilla same weight who wins?

thoughts? No sports on these days so I had this argument with a friend, curious to see the OG thoughts.

cats are bad ass man. Agile strong and vicious. A game feline beats any other non poisonous land animal of the same weight.

What if the shark makes a breathing apparatus out of kelp? 

7 days ago
5/10/04
SuperKamiGuru - 
Pedro Navaja -
onepunchJD - 
Pedro Navaja - 
onepunchJD - 

A wolverine is the undisputed king of mammals p4p.

I've seen footage of a wolverine chasing a bear up a tree.
Chasing a pack of wolves off a kill.
Etc...

A Komodo Dragon is one of the scariest land animals though.
You couldn't even out run one.
Fuck that..

These are good points. 

I was looking at pictures of Lynxes (the feline in the weight of Wolverines) and I think the wolverine might fuck them up.

See, they look so fluffy, not as strong as tigers:

The cat is much more agile, but wolverines are thick as fuck and look tougher. 

And good point about the Komodo dragon.

Average weight of a male komodo: Male: 79 – 91 kg

Lets say the Feline matchup should be a Cougar (50-100kg as an adult)... Would a Cougar fuck a Komodo dragon up?

The wolverine has very thick skin, and can rotate its body almost completely inside the skin.

It's also p4p the strongest mammal IIRC.

Basically, most of the weasel family (wolverine is a part of), are bad asses. Wolverines, Badgers, Mongoose, etc.

Weasel family would be the p4p kings overall, and would most times beat a similar sized feline IMO.

Cats are awesome though.

As far as Cougar vs Komodo dragon...

Thw Dragon bites the Cougar, cougar runs off to kick its wounds... but then the Komodo's mouth bacteria causes an infection that hobbles would eventually kill the cougar.
The Komodo Dragon takes it's time following the big cat until it can no longer run... then it eats the cougar Ali e before the big cat can die with dignity.

Komodo dragons are like real life nightmares.

I may have to concede that Weasels are P4P the strongest land animal fighters.

Because they pack so much into that small weight and frame.

If it was a fight to the death though....

That badger has big giant hairy man balls

WOLVERINE for the win!!!!!!
7 days ago
5/10/04
Telamon - 

What makes wolverines so tough? I know they are super ballsy but do they have really thick hide or something?

Super thick.

And they can move under their skin.

Plus IIRC they are p4p strongest mammal.

A big part of it is attitude:)
7 days ago
3/19/04
onepunchJD -

Etc...

Fuck that..

I think a lion fucks up the dragon 

7 days ago
5/10/04
ChaosOverkill - 

The weasel family fight dirty and go for genitalia or anything that will bleed profusely.

They have thick loose hide like a gi, where they can take a full on bite and reverse the tables and go for a cats junk.

Honey Badger and Giant Otters (pack hunting weasels) are contenders.

Don't forget the WOLVERINE

King of the weasel family.
7 days ago
5/10/04
Pedro Navaja - 
onepunchJD - 
Pencil Neck - Big cats prefer to attack from behind, so a cougar vs Komodo dragon would likely have the cougar circling around and pouncing on the Komodo from behind and then biting its neck from there. There's a well known YouTube of a tiger doing the same thing when it was facing a croc. Also a Komodo the same weight as a cougar would be noticeably smaller in body because its tail is so long and thick and takes up a big percentage of its body weight.

Komodo Dragon gets one bite, and it's over.

The venom stops the blood from clotting, so the cougar starts to bleed out.
Rapid blood loss sends cougar into shock, triggering flight response -- only accelerating the blood loss.
Komodo Dragon has found it's dinner.

Also, the Komodo Dragon armor means it can weather a hell of a storm.

Cougar has to fight a flawless fight...
.. would be better off just buying the dragon a beer and live to fight another day.

Technically the dragon has venom in his saliva no? That would disqualify him.

We're talking MMA rules here. No venom, no flying or swimming.

The Komono Dragon doesn't give a fuck about your rules man.
7 days ago
6/7/05
Great thread!

Has anyone mentioned monkeys in the pound for pound game? How do they stack up?
7 days ago
5/10/04
MMA Promoter1 - 

P4P Honey badger easy. 

You spelled wolverine wrong.

Props to the honey badger though.

7 days ago
12/10/16

Considering OP is a well known pussy, I'd say that makes him an expert on being a pussy and how pussies fight. 

7 days ago
5/10/04
Abradolf Lincler - 

Considering OP is a well known pussy, I'd say that makes him an expert on being a pussy and how pussies fight. 

Thread was going just fine man.

Relax.

Have a beer.
7 days ago
5/10/04
Canooke - 
onepunchJD -

Etc...

Fuck that..

I think a lion fucks up the dragon 

I don't know man...

Dragon just needs one bite.

Dragon doesn't have soft furry skin like a deer or a bear or another lion.
Dragon has bone/scale armor.

One bite... the venom prevents the blood from clotting... lion starts bleeding out in the middle of the fight.

Not good man.. not good.
7 days ago
3/13/17
sadic1 - Great thread!

Monkeys have been brought up, someone said they die from shock easily. Based on nothing but this guys comment, I believe this to be true.

Like OnepunchJD said, attitude is everything. I don't know if Monkeys and gorillas have it in them to go balls to the wall like weasels and felines.

Although in my hypothetical OP, I did say the animals have to be game. So we are suspending belief in that the animal opponents MUST and WILL fight to the death.

A silverback would be a formidable opponent for any land animal (if it was a game silverback.)

7 days ago
3/8/04
Pedro Navaja -
DaveFu -

Wolverine average weight 12-55 pounds. That’s a pretty big range. Not sure if a 50 pound Wolverine will beat a it’s size in cat. A lynx would be the matchup IMO

There always has to be some fucking cat fanboy around here fucking serious animal battle discussions up with nonsense like this.

WOLVERINES!

7 days ago
10/8/13
onepunchJD -
MMA Promoter1 - 

P4P Honey badger easy. 

You spelled wolverine wrong.

Props to the honey badger though.

Honey badgers literally have evolved to live in an environment inhabited by predators such as lions, leopards, cheetahs, and hyenas. Total badasses. 

7 days ago
6/7/05
Pedro Navaja - 
sadic1 - Great thread!

Monkeys have been brought up, someone said they die from shock easily. Based on nothing but this guys comment, I believe this to be true.

Like OnepunchJD said, attitude is everything. I don't know if Monkeys and gorillas have it in them to go balls to the wall like weasels and felines.

Although in my hypothetical OP, I did say the animals have to be game. So we are suspending belief in that the animal opponents MUST and WILL fight to the death.

A silverback would be a formidable opponent for any land animal (if it was a game silverback.)

Fair point, but chimps and other monkeys have a reputation for being very aggressive at times, and a chimp tore that CT woman's face off pretty handily some years back. Pound for pound they wreck humans, but not sure about honey badgers and felines. The athleticism and flexibility of felines is pretty major, but monkeys have 4 articulate appendages and possibly a stronger bite.
7 days ago
9/2/10

A tiger sized honey badger would have no equal.

7 days ago
1/1/01
onepunchJD - 
Pencil Neck - Big cats prefer to attack from behind, so a cougar vs Komodo dragon would likely have the cougar circling around and pouncing on the Komodo from behind and then biting its neck from there. There's a well known YouTube of a tiger doing the same thing when it was facing a croc. Also a Komodo the same weight as a cougar would be noticeably smaller in body because its tail is so long and thick and takes up a big percentage of its body weight.

Rapid blood loss sends cougar into shock, triggering flight response -- only accelerating the blood loss.

.. would be better off just buying the dragon a beer and live to fight another day.

Komodo wouldn't even get one bite in. Cat reflexes are too fast. In that tiger vs croc fight vid, the croc didn't get one bit in either, and it's got a much longer jaw than the Komodo. The other thing too is that the Komodo's bite takes days to kill. This is fact proven from naturalists studying them hunting the deer on the island. They stalk the deer and when they can get a bit on an unsuspecting one the deer runs off. They track the deer for days until the deer is too sick to run from them any longer and that's when they can come in and overpower it. In a life/death fight the cougar would kill the Komodo long before it succumbs to the Komodo's bite.
7 days ago
7/24/14

Hippopotamus for the win

7 days ago
10/8/13
sadic1 -
Pedro Navaja - 
sadic1 - Great thread!

Fair point, but chimps and other monkeys have a reputation for being very aggressive at times, and a chimp tore that CT woman's face off pretty handily some years back. Pound for pound they wreck humans, but not sure about honey badgers and felines. The athleticism and flexibility of felines is pretty major, but monkeys have 4 articulate appendages and possibly a stronger bite.

Honey badger vs chimp is interesting. Honey badgers go for the genitalia as one of their weapons and big cats have a problem trying to kill honey badgers. Honey badgers also have seemingly unlimited stamina. Honey badger kills a chimp either by ripping it's nuts off or prolonged mutilation.

7 days ago
5/10/04

I guess a wolverine killed a polar bear in a zoo.

Looking for source...
7 days ago
5/10/04
Pencil Neck - 
onepunchJD - 

Komodo wouldn't even get one bite in. Cat reflexes are too fast. In that tiger vs croc fight vid, the croc didn't get one bit in either, and it's got a much longer jaw than the Komodo. The other thing too is that the Komodo's bite takes days to kill. This is fact proven from naturalists studying them hunting the deer on the island. They stalk the deer and when they can get a bit on an unsuspecting one the deer runs off. They track the deer for days until the deer is too sick to run from them any longer and that's when they can come in and overpower it. In a life/death fight the cougar would kill the Komodo long before it succumbs to the Komodo's bite.

Depends on where the bite is..

And the Komodo doesn't always wait till they die. Sometimes they just eat their prey alive.

7 days ago
3/13/17
DollawayGotFistedByAPillow - 

Hippopotamus for the win

Wow! A late comer to the battle.

Hippos are indeed beastly. THey reach their prime at 1500-1800 Kg according to google.

Its tough to find an even matchup for that. Thats the weight of 3 full grown tigers.

The only fair matchup would be a lightweight Hippo vs a Tiger... If weights are equal i'm not sure who would win. here is some visual example to see if we can make a decision on this one:

7 days ago
3/13/17
Pencil Neck - 
onepunchJD - 

Solid points. If this is true we might have to rule the dragons out of the p4p. 

Weasels (honey badger and wolverine) so far are the front runners. With Felines a close 2nd.

This is on P4P only though. Weasels just pack so much heat into that small frame.

7 days ago
6/23/12

Mongoose. P4P, 

7 days ago
6/13/03