OtherGround Forums Are Felines P4P the best fighters in animal world?

15 days ago
7/8/02

I think the Komodo dragon is a worthy entry. the cat takes it out though. I think 200lb of leopard is much “bigger” than 200lb of dragon. Stronger, faster, far far better fighter, better weapons by a mile. That poison is the big equalizer though. Likely the cat wins the battle but dies due to injuries.

200lb wolverine or honey badger is a scary thought. Considering 50lb ones can at least hold their own against predators 3x their size, I think they’re the favourites here. 

Bears can’t be forgotten. I would favour them over the dragon as well.

As far as hunting goes, hard to go against the cat. Ultimate predator.

15 days ago
6/13/03

Dive Bomber

15 days ago
7/8/02

And a primate vs cat is a joke fight. 500lb silverback vs 200lb leopard. Ok, that’s a tossup. 500lb silverback vs male lion. GTFO. No chance.

15 days ago
10/4/18
MrColdCock - 

And a primate vs cat is a joke fight. 500lb silverback vs 200lb leopard. Ok, that’s a tossup. 500lb silverback vs male lion. GTFO. No chance.

I meant a primate vs a "cat", not a house cat. Talking about any cat from a mountain lion up easily wrecks the biggest silverback you can find. Primates do not handle pain well and will generally die of shock from injuries. A cat will tear it to ribbons.
15 days ago
7/8/02

^ wasn’t you. I agree with what you said.

Always a few gorilla lovers in these threads that don’t get the concept of predator/prey. They just see gorillas as 500lb superhumans.

15 days ago
5/29/17

15 days ago
7/8/02
Sogsteel -

That’s incredible. Dumbass monkey LOL. Although In all fairness it probably didn’t realize jaguars can fly.

15 days ago
3/13/17
MrColdCock - 

P4P BRO

Weight exist for a reason!

Obviously a 500lb silverback beats a 200lb leopard! although if the leopard slashes his eyes out... 

Rules are as follows:

Land animals only

Same weight fights only

Both animals are GAME, fight is to the death in a neutral environment arena OR with an arena with both animals normal environments split 50/50

and no VENOM

15 days ago
7/8/02
Pedro Navaja -
MrColdCock - 

P4P BRO

Obviously a 500lb silverback beats a 200lb leopard! although if the leopard slashes his eyes out... 

Rules are as follows:

Land animals only

Same weight fights only

Both animals are GAME, fight is to the death in a neutral environment arena OR with an arena with both animals normal environments split 50/50

and no VENOM

200lb leopard vs 500lb silverback is a fair fight.

Youre the one bringing up silverbacks. They don’t belong in this thread.

I don’t think anything makes me rage as hard as I do when someone brings up silverbacks in an animal fight thread. So don’t test me bro!

15 days ago
6/13/03
jju - 
Pedro Navaja -
DaveFu -

Wolverine average weight 12-55 pounds. That’s a pretty big range. Not sure if a 50 pound Wolverine will beat a it’s size in cat. A lynx would be the matchup IMO

There always has to be some fucking cat fanboy around here fucking serious animal battle discussions up with nonsense like this.

WOLVERINES!

15 days ago
6/22/12
MrColdCock -
Pedro Navaja -
MrColdCock - 

P4P BRO

Rules are as follows:

Land animals only

Same weight fights only

and no VENOM

I don’t think anything makes me rage as hard as I do when someone brings up silverbacks in an animal fight thread. So don’t test me bro!

How about this for you, is there any human alive or dead that you believe could knock out a silverback gorilla with a punch?

15 days ago
2/20/09
Pedro Navaja -
MrColdCock - 

P4P BRO

Rules are as follows:

Land animals only

Same weight fights only

and no VENOM

If we’re adhering strictly to the same weight rule, it’s going to be a honey badger followed closely by a feline of some description.

If we allow for weight differential, it’s without a doubt a hippo or elephant.

I do think allowing for some weight disparity makes the conversation more interesting though.

15 days ago
5/10/04
donkypunch55 - 
Pedro Navaja -
MrColdCock - 

P4P BRO

Rules are as follows:

Land animals only

Same weight fights only

and no VENOM

If we’re adhering strictly to the same weight rule, it’s going to be a honey badger followed closely by a feline of some description.

If we allow for weight differential, it’s without a doubt a hippo or elephant.

I do think allowing for some weight disparity makes the conversation more interesting though.

Wolverine > Badger at same weight.
15 days ago
6/22/12

Also Op we need some details on the battle, neutral grounds i assume but are they aware of each other or are they dropped in seperate areas? Because not many animals will have a chance if a tiger jumps out of a tree on their ass

15 days ago
7/8/02
SuperKamiGuru -
MrColdCock -
Pedro Navaja -
MrColdCock - 

P4P BRO

Rules are as follows:

Land animals only

Same weight fights only

and no VENOM

How about this for you, is there any human alive or dead that you believe could knock out a silverback gorilla with a punch?

Uh. I’m sure it’s possible a Mike Tyson could hit it in the right spot to turn out the lights.

I’m not sure how that’s relevant.

15 days ago
5/10/04
Pedro Navaja - 
Pencil Neck - 
onepunchJD - 
Pencil Neck - Big cats prefer to attack from behind, so a cougar vs Komodo dragon would likely have the cougar circling around and pouncing on the Komodo from behind and then biting its neck from there. There's a well known YouTube of a tiger doing the same thing when it was facing a croc. Also a Komodo the same weight as a cougar would be noticeably smaller in body because its tail is so long and thick and takes up a big percentage of its body weight.

Komodo Dragon gets one bite, and it's over.

The venom stops the blood from clotting, so the cougar starts to bleed out.
Rapid blood loss sends cougar into shock, triggering flight response -- only accelerating the blood loss.
Komodo Dragon has found it's dinner.

Also, the Komodo Dragon armor means it can weather a hell of a storm.

Cougar has to fight a flawless fight...
.. would be better off just buying the dragon a beer and live to fight another day.

Komodo wouldn't even get one bite in. Cat reflexes are too fast. In that tiger vs croc fight vid, the croc didn't get one bit in either, and it's got a much longer jaw than the Komodo. The other thing too is that the Komodo's bite takes days to kill. This is fact proven from naturalists studying them hunting the deer on the island. They stalk the deer and when they can get a bit on an unsuspecting one the deer runs off. They track the deer for days until the deer is too sick to run from them any longer and that's when they can come in and overpower it. In a life/death fight the cougar would kill the Komodo long before it succumbs to the Komodo's bite.

Solid points. If this is true we might have to rule the dragons out of the p4p. 

Weasels (honey badger and wolverine) so far are the front runners. With Felines a close 2nd.

This is on P4P only though. Weasels just pack so much heat into that small frame.

I'm not saying the Dragon is p4p best fighter.. and I can see a big cat killing one.

But in terms of scariness and danger, the Dragon is up there.

A big cat could potentially kill a dragon, then walk off and die from the fight.

I also don't know that a crocodile is a great comparison.

15 days ago
9/20/19

Kodiak brown bear wins the highest % 1 on 1. Cats would gas. 

15 days ago
7/31/09
HokutoShinken -

Feline of even a relatively smaller size will still fuck up any canine.

A house cat is an extreme example, because they are just tiny, but even a small cat will fuck up a small dog if it’s pissed off enough.

Also, lots of videos of cats killing poisonous animals such as cobras and such. The cat is just too fast and agile for them.

Having your childhood cat brought to you in a trash bag by your neighbor because his dog got a hold of it says otherwise.

I've seen some bitch ass dogs get "beat up" by cats. I've never seen a cat come close to killing a dog though.  Feral cats are badasses until they meet a dog that don't give a fuck.

Also, a snake easily takes down a cat. Hardly the top fighters you make them out to be.

I'd go with the honey badger as posted above. Motherfuckers would fight a polar bear underwater while chewing on a king cobra. And when it passes out from the cobras venom it'd wake up and continue fighting the polar bear. There's a reason it has its own "dgaf" meme.

Toughest critters in the gsme.

15 days ago
5/10/04
MrColdCock - 
Pedro Navaja -
MrColdCock - 

P4P BRO

Rules are as follows:

Land animals only

Same weight fights only

and no VENOM

Gorillas are strong as fuck.
15 days ago
5/10/04
Kings21 - 
HokutoShinken -

Feline of even a relatively smaller size will still fuck up any canine.

A house cat is an extreme example, because they are just tiny, but even a small cat will fuck up a small dog if it’s pissed off enough.

Also, lots of videos of cats killing poisonous animals such as cobras and such. The cat is just too fast and agile for them.

Having your childhood cat brought to you in a trash bag by your neighbor because his dog got a hold of it says otherwise.

I've seen some bitch ass dogs get "beat up" by cats. I've never seen a cat come close to killing a dog though.  Feral cats are badasses until they meet a dog that don't give a fuck.

Also, a snake easily takes down a cat. Hardly the top fighters you make them out to be.

I'd go with the honey badger as posted above. Motherfuckers would fight a polar bear underwater while chewing on a king cobra. And when it passes out from the cobras venom it'd wake up and continue fighting the polar bear. There's a reason it has its own "dgaf" meme.

Toughest critters in the gsme.

Not tougher than a wolverine.

15 days ago
11/2/12

Hippo count ? They seem like a terrible way to die 

15 days ago
6/29/09

Just looked it up....wild african dogs equal #1 kill percentage. Next 3 are felines.....who go 1 on 1 with their pray.

15 days ago
1/24/10

Green anaconda I guess could be thrown in. Average 15 to 20 feet biggest being 29feet and 550lb. That much solid muscle is hard to deal with for almost all animals 

15 days ago
6/22/12
MrColdCock -
SuperKamiGuru -
MrColdCock -
Pedro Navaja -
MrColdCock - 

P4P BRO

Rules are as follows:

Land animals only

Same weight fights only

and no VENOM

Uh. I’m sure it’s possible a Mike Tyson could hit it in the right spot to turn out the lights.

I’m not sure how that’s relevant.

None of this is relevant lol this is quarantine talk

15 days ago
7/8/02

Ya, African wild dogs seem so damn cool. Like killer whales their pack hunting is on another level. They don’t have the advantage of being giants like killer whales do.