OtherGround Forums Are Felines P4P the best fighters in animal world?

5 days ago
1/1/01
P4P would be the golden eagle. Heaviest ones only weigh 15 pounds. Those talons are longer than any of the big mammals' claws. Scale any animal down to 15 pounds and put it against the golden and it's a goner.
5 days ago
5/10/04
MrColdCock - 
onepunchJD -
MrColdCock - 

Must come down the being a scavenger vs being a hunter. Hunters are built to hunt. Scavengers are built to steal kills.

Or maybe it’s because scavengers have to steal kills to eat, where hunters have the ability to make another kill. The risk isn’t worth the reward for the hunter.Not to mention the exhaustion that follows a big kill. I’m sure the cougar vs Wolverine looks a lot different if the cougar is properly motivated.

Goes both ways.

Plenty of stories about Wolverines taking on much larger animals. They live in cold climates, where food isn't just falling off trees.

So if a cougar or a bear is willing to ditch an important meal it worked hard for -- because a scrap with a wolverine is too big an injury risk -- that says a lot about just how formidable the wolverine is.

Old predators that can’t hunt resort to scavenging as a last ditch resort. So scavenging can’t be an easy gig.

I still think it just comes down to evolution of each species. Hunters hunt and scavengers scavenge. That’s just what they do. That wolverine is willing to fight to fight for each meal while the cougar isn’t. 

To see a true battle that cougar has to be properly motivated by the #1 motivating factor, PUSSY. Turn that wolverine into a cockblocker and he’ll be strips of fur lying on the snow.

I do think the wolverine (or honey badger) is still p4p #1. I wonder how big of an advantage is it to be so low to the ground and attacking up. Has to be huge. Disadvantage when hunting, but perfect for fighting.

Valid points.

Not sure about the strips of fur on the snow part though..
5 days ago
5/10/04
RhinoHog - 
onepunchJD - 
RhinoHog - 
mdrndaysamurai - 

I feel like some of u guys need to revisit "pfp" definition 

Maybe it's just me??

2 beings of different sizes....

If they were the same size, who's skill set wins out....

That is p4p. 

Imagine a 300ln Wolverine

I would imagine it would lose a whole bunch of it's agility and endurance....or you could just say..imagine a bear....

How about a 300 lb dung beetle...

Sure... but how many animals fuck with a bear?

Shrink a tiger down to Wolverine size...

The p4p thing doesn't always work.
5 days ago
10/4/18
I think as far as land animals go, the Polar or Grizzly is the Alpha even over Siberian Tigers etc.
5 days ago
3/20/15
TheRoguewrestler - I think as far as land animals go, the Polar or Grizzly is the Alpha even over Siberian Tigers etc.

Siberian Tiger is far better hunter than North American grizzly bear. ... Siberian tiger canine teeth are longer and thicker than grizzly bear. Grizzly bear is slightly heavier, longer and taller than Siberian tigerSiberian tiger once use to kill brown bear for its food in Russia when there was the lack of natural prey

5 days ago
10/17/08
I can't believe you grown nerds are having this debate.

Everyone knows wolverines are the pound for pound kings.
5 days ago
10/4/18
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ggJ627z4jU

Small Sloth Bear beating a Tiger.
5 days ago
10/4/18
https://youtu.be/DV9ZGtQ8JZc
5 days ago
10/4/18
ANother

https://youtu.be/A7zvQmD8DnU

Tiger died after encounter with Brown bear
5 days ago
3/20/15

Dude, every dog has his day. Siberian tigers preyed on brown bears. It never happened in reverse.

Now a 1500lb kodiak, well that's a different story, but they aren't in the same ecosystems so both are apex where they live.

5 days ago
10/4/18
RhinoHog - 

Dude, every dog has his day. Siberian tigers preyed on brown bears. It never happened in reverse.

Now a 1500lb kodiak, well that's a different story, but they aren't in the same ecosystems so both are apex where they live.

They prey on juveniles and smaller brown bears. They aren't looking for full grown males for a meal.
5 days ago
5/10/04
johnsonbarr - I can't believe you grown nerds are having this debate.

Everyone knows wolverines are the pound for pound kings.

This guy knows.
5 days ago
12/26/05

I'd also point out the P4P thing doesnt work well outside of species, simply for the fact that the size of the animal has something to do with how its built.

An elephant the size of a housecat would be easily victimized...the the way its built would no longer make any sense.

An ant the size of a hippo sounds terrifying in theory....but in reality it would collapse under it's own weight and die.

A bird the weight of a horse would never fly, etc, etc.  You get my point.

5 days ago
3/20/15
TheRoguewrestler - 
RhinoHog - 

They prey on juveniles and smaller brown bears. They aren't looking for full grown males for a meal.

So now you're Steve Irwin ?

I was just quoting an article and you have to start posting the 3 times a tiger lost to a bear....

Tigers preyed on brown bears when their normal prey was scarce...brown bears never preyed on tigers at anytime. And if you were the tiger, would you pick the biggest bear to go after ? Probably.....

Really, who fucking cares.....

5 days ago
3/20/15

I'll add. Where tigers and brown bears live in close proximity....the tiger is the apex....As nothing preys on the tiger...

What animal eats a tiger?

5 days ago
8/14/18

300 lb ant for the win. Insects, they don't give 2 fucks, they just keep coming. P4P insect vs any mammal or reptile, insect takes it.

5 days ago
7/8/02
CavemanDave -

I'd also point out the P4P thing doesnt work well outside of species, simply for the fact that the size of the animal has something to do with how its built.

An elephant the size of a housecat would be easily victimized...the the way its built would no longer make any sense.

An ant the size of a hippo sounds terrifying in theory....but in reality it would collapse under it's own weight and die.

A bird the weight of a horse would never fly, etc, etc.  You get my point.

Sheesh. Who invited this guy?

5 days ago
1/7/06
RhinoHog -
mdrndaysamurai - 

I feel like some of u guys need to revisit "pfp" definition 

Maybe it's just me??

2 beings of different sizes....

If they were the same size, who's skill set wins out....

That is p4p. 

Right?  That's how I took it.  I'm telling you you right now (imo) it would be an insect of some sort....

Lots can lift/move 50x their weight.  Can you imagine an 800lb ant?  How thick would that exoskeleton be?  Remove any venom from something like a wasp, or spider and they STILL win hands down I think

Edited: 5 days ago
6/13/04
P4P...

The obvious answer is an insect. Can you imagine the damage a 50 pounds spider or a 50 pound mosquito would do?
5 days ago
6/23/12
Pencil Neck - P4P would be the golden eagle. Heaviest ones only weigh 15 pounds. Those talons are longer than any of the big mammals' claws. Scale any animal down to 15 pounds and put it against the golden and it's a goner.

Good post! A mongoose would fuck up a golden eagle, though.

5 days ago
1/1/01
joeywu36 -
onepunchJD -

A wolverine is the undisputed king of mammals p4p.

I've seen footage of a wolverine chasing a bear up a tree.
Chasing a pack of wolves off a kill.
Etc...

A Komodo Dragon is one of the scariest land animals though.
You couldn't even out run one.
Fuck that..

Komodos, didnt even cross my mind.  Those things are vicious.  Eating monkeys whole!

There's a video out there of a Komodo eating a baby deer right out of its mother womb while the mother is still alive. Those things are fucking evil, they're the Chinese of the animal kingdom.

5 days ago
1/1/01
TheRoguewrestler - ANother

https://youtu.be/A7zvQmD8DnU

Tiger died after encounter with Brown bear

Not to get into the whole tiger bear thing, but this is the gayest and fakest video I've seen of an animal fight in many years.

5 days ago
2/22/13

Well, you’re a pussy Pedro, so you tell us.

5 days ago
5/14/13

Haven't read full thread.

5 days ago
10/4/18
RhinoHog - 
TheRoguewrestler - 
RhinoHog - 

So now you're Steve Irwin ?

I was just quoting an article and you have to start posting the 3 times a tiger lost to a bear....

Tigers preyed on brown bears when their normal prey was scarce...brown bears never preyed on tigers at anytime. And if you were the tiger, would you pick the biggest bear to go after ? Probably.....

Really, who fucking cares.....

Who cares? Seems like you are pretty invested in your opinion. You quoted an article..... I posted an actual video...