OtherGround Forums Are Felines P4P the best fighters in animal world?

15 days ago
3/13/17

Discounting poisonous animals, and only counting land animals. Obviously a shark would kill a tiger in water.

i believe the only challenge for felines on ground are canines. 

Apex canine is a wolf right?

Mountain Lion vs Wolf? Who takes it?

no land animal is beating a tiger (equal weight)

obviously a big pit bull beats a house cat.

what about Gorillas and Bears? Keep in mind this is P4P!

Google says a full grown Gorilla is 300-500 lbs.

and a full grown tiger is in the same range.

Alpha tiger vs Alpha gorilla same weight who wins?

thoughts? No sports on these days so I had this argument with a friend, curious to see the OG thoughts.

cats are bad ass man. Agile strong and vicious. A game feline beats any other non poisonous land animal of the same weight.

15 days ago
1/1/01

15 days ago
1/1/01

Edited: 15 days ago
2/4/07

Feline of even a relatively smaller size will still fuck up any canine.

A house cat is an extreme example, because they are just tiny, but even a small cat will fuck up a small dog if it’s pissed off enough.

Also, lots of videos of cats killing poisonous animals such as cobras and such. The cat is just too fast and agile for them.

15 days ago
9/1/06

Could a Honey Badger take out a Tiger?

15 days ago
3/13/17
DaveFu -

Wolverine average weight 12-55 pounds. That’s a pretty big range. Not sure if a 50 pound Wolverine will beat a it’s size in cat. A lynx would be the matchup IMO

15 days ago
3/13/17
HokutoShinken -

Feline of even a relatively smaller size will still fuck up any canine.

A house cat is an extreme example, because they are just tiny, but even a small cat will fuck up a small dog if it’s pissed off enough.

My house cat used to bully my friends huge pit bull. Scratching his nose and the poor dog would run away from him whenever he saw him lol.

15 days ago
7/30/14

I think a honey badger fucks up a similar-sized cat.

15 days ago
5/10/04

A wolverine is the undisputed king of mammals p4p.

I've seen footage of a wolverine chasing a bear up a tree.
Chasing a pack of wolves off a kill.
Etc...

A Komodo Dragon is one of the scariest land animals though.
You couldn't even out run one.
Fuck that..
15 days ago
5/10/04
Dragunov - 

Handling the wolverine's light work.
15 days ago
10/13/02
P4P I would go with an Ant.
15 days ago
9/1/06
onepunchJD -

Etc...

Fuck that..

Komodos, didnt even cross my mind.  Those things are vicious.  Eating monkeys whole!

15 days ago
3/13/17
onepunchJD - 

Etc...

Fuck that..

These are good points. 

I was looking at pictures of Lynxes (the feline in the weight of Wolverines) and I think the wolverine might fuck them up.

See, they look so fluffy, not as strong as tigers:

The cat is much more agile, but wolverines are thick as fuck and look tougher. 

And good point about the Komodo dragon.

Average weight of a male komodo: Male: 79 – 91 kg

Lets say the Feline matchup should be a Cougar (50-100kg as an adult)... Would a Cougar fuck a Komodo dragon up?

15 days ago
4/23/02

i'm putting my money on a pregnant mexican woman carrying her 14 month old

Image result for pregnant mexican gang banger

15 days ago
1/1/01
Slydawg - P4P I would go with an Ant.

15 days ago
3/13/17
Dragunov - 

This is a good one. Honey badger weighs 9-16kg.

His feline matchup would be an Ocelot, weighing between 8-20 kg:

Maybe I was wrong in my initial assesment. Some weight have clear winners. But across all weights... which animal group dominates the most? Still felines.

The honey badger is part of the weasel family, related to skunksottersferrets, and other badgers. Its proper name is ratel, but it gets the common name honey badger from what seems to be its favorite food: honey. Yet what the animal is actually looking to eat are the bee larvae found in the honey!

Badgers are weasels ffs. I'm not so sure if they can kill an ocelot 1v1 anymore...

The honey badger is part of the weasel family, related to skunksottersferrets, and other badgers. Its proper name is ratel, but it gets the common name honey badger from what seems to be its favorite food: honey. Yet what the animal is actually looking to eat are the bee larvae found in the honey!

15 days ago
3/13/17
Pretjah - 

Solid addition but I think a mountain lion still beats this.

Edited: 15 days ago
7/30/14
Pedro Navaja -
Dragunov - 

This is a good one. Honey badger weighs 9-16kg.

His feline matchup would be an Ocelot, weighing between 8-20 kg:

Maybe I was wrong in my initial assesment. Some weight have clear winners. But across all weights... which animal group dominates the most? Still felines.

Badgers are weasels ffs. I'm not so sure if they can kill an ocelot 1v1 anymore...

Yes, extend it out and weasels aren’t doing shit but we’re talking best in C.lass

15 days ago
5/10/04
Pedro Navaja - 
onepunchJD - 

Etc...

Fuck that..

These are good points. 

I was looking at pictures of Lynxes (the feline in the weight of Wolverines) and I think the wolverine might fuck them up.

See, they look so fluffy, not as strong as tigers:

The cat is much more agile, but wolverines are thick as fuck and look tougher. 

And good point about the Komodo dragon.

Average weight of a male komodo: Male: 79 – 91 kg

Lets say the Feline matchup should be a Cougar (50-100kg as an adult)... Would a Cougar fuck a Komodo dragon up?

The wolverine has very thick skin, and can rotate its body almost completely inside the skin.

It's also p4p the strongest mammal IIRC.

Basically, most of the weasel family (wolverine is a part of), are bad asses. Wolverines, Badgers, Mongoose, etc.

Weasel family would be the p4p kings overall, and would most times beat a similar sized feline IMO.

Cats are awesome though.

As far as Cougar vs Komodo dragon...

Thw Dragon bites the Cougar, cougar runs off to kick its wounds... but then the Komodo's mouth bacteria causes an infection that hobbles would eventually kill the cougar.
The Komodo Dragon takes it's time following the big cat until it can no longer run... then it eats the cougar Ali e before the big cat can die with dignity.

Komodo dragons are like real life nightmares.
15 days ago
1/1/01

Weasels and Mongoose are TOUGH. I wouldn't sleep on them. 

15 days ago
5/10/04

Raccoons are no joke either.

Not on wolverine level... but still tough little shits.
15 days ago
4/23/02

Image result for elf raccoon gif

15 days ago
3/1/13
Pretjah -

Easily taken out with Fentanyl.

15 days ago
6/29/09

Yeah....they are the best killers on the planet. We're all lucky housecats arent 40-50lbs heavier.

15 days ago
5/10/04

KOMODO DRAGONS from National Geographic.com

Size and Weight

Reaching 10 feet in length and more than 300 pounds, Komodo dragons are the heaviest lizards on Earth. They have long, flat heads with rounded snouts, scaly skin, bowed legs, and huge, muscular tails.

Diet

As the dominant predators on the handful of islands they inhabit, they will eat almost anything, including carrion, deer, pigs, smaller dragons, and even large water buffalo and humans. When hunting, Komodo dragons rely on camouflage and patience, lying in wait for passing prey. When a victim ambles by, the dragon springs, using its powerful legs, sharp claws and serrated, shark-like teeth to eviscerate its prey.

Feeding

The dragon has venom glands, which are loaded with toxins that lower blood pressure, cause massive bleeding, prevent clotting, and induce shock. They bite down with serrated teeth and pull back with powerful neck muscles. The result: huge gaping wounds. The venom then quickens the loss of blood and sends the prey into shock. Animals that escape the jaws of a Komodo will only feel lucky briefly. Dragons can calmly follow an escapee for miles as the venom takes effect, using their keen sense of smell to hone in on the corpse. A dragon can eat a whopping 80 percent of its body weight in a single feeding.