OtherGround Forums As you've gotten older, what has surprised you the

4 days ago
5/2/02
TheRealJoker -
cruedi - adults actually believe that one political party actually cares for them and other wants them enslaved or dead

This is a good one. And often they can make observations of similar biases in religion or pro sports teams for example but can't make the connection with their own fanatical bias in politics.

Or even when their political party or themselves are engaging in the exact same behavior they've been criticizing.  

very few people are principled and fewer still hold to them unflinchingly.  

4 days ago
3/26/13

A lot of solid posts in this thread.  Thanks guys.

4 days ago
11/17/10

common observations here

wife and I attended a town xmas party with over 30 different couples and once we left we both agreed that it reminded us of high school behavior at a party

complete with a "mean girls" group that stayed to the side and were visibly and obviously talking shit about everyone else at the party and judging

4 days ago
1/1/01

That silence is awesome. That EVERYTHING in life is a tightrope. Balance, yin & yang. Fill what is empty, empty what is full, scratch what itches. 

Being around hard working positive people looking to be a productive member of society is as necessary as limiting or avoiding time around soul sucking depressed individuals wanting to be sponges 24/7. They only take, rarely give. 

4 days ago
1/1/01

Cars not flying. I mean, all cars.

4 days ago
4/13/12

Most people are giving you their best. As dumb, lazy, rotten, mean or any other negative adjective a person comes off as, more than likely that's the best they can do.

It's staggering.

4 days ago
11/19/19
Brianmx234 -

Lots of rude, ignorant assholes.... have to go to chik fil a and order a sandwich just to hear someone use some manners once in a while...."my pleasure", love that shit

Chick Fil A does have the ability to socially check your ass once in awhile. lol

4 days ago
11/19/19

I never thought in my younger days that i would fart while i walk, and not care.

4 days ago
8/29/09
cheech -

That silence is awesome. That EVERYTHING in life is a tightrope. Balance, yin & yang. Fill what is empty, empty what is full, scratch what itches. 

Being around hard working positive people looking to be a productive member of society is as necessary as limiting or avoiding time around soul sucking depressed individuals wanting to be sponges 24/7. They only take, rarely give. 

You posted something I agree with. 

Kiss your kids tonight, the end times are upon us. 

4 days ago
3/26/13
cheech -

Great point.  Steve Jobs said something along the lines of being proud of the things he DIDN'T do as much as the things he did.