OtherGround Forums Astros just got blasted by MLB for cheating

9 days ago
7/31/09

"Prior to the 2018 season, and with MLB approval, the Astros relocated their replay review system to a video room located much closer to the dugout, as is the case in many ballparks throughout the league. The investigation uncovered no evidence that Astros players utilized the banging scheme in 2018. However, the Astros’ replay review room staff continued, at least for part of the 2018 season, to decode signs using the live center field camera feed, and to transmit the signs to the dugout through in-person communication. At some point during the 2018 season, the Astros stopped using the replay review room to decode signs because the players no longer believed it was effective. The investigation did not reveal any attempt by the Astros to utilize electronic equipment to decode and transmit signs in the 2018 Postseason."

9 days ago
1/1/01
Wayne Glamcock - 
robbie380 -

Absolutely disaster by Crane to fire Luhnow. He wasn't even implicated in this. The report said it was all on the players and Cora. 

if you’re the GM you have to know because you’re responsible (as unreasonable as that may  be) and the organization has to clean house to get away from this as soon as possible 

If Luhnow knows he's innocent, I figure he'll come out guns blazing. His professional career may be on the line.

And if you really want to put an end to this, then take away the title and give the runner up the championship.
9 days ago
9/28/15

Every team cheats. Not every team gets caught Its not about the game, never was. Money. Fill stands, Get press, sell $10 boxes of popcorn, $15 beers. Who cares anymore. 

yes. I’m from Houston. Cripes!!!!!

9 days ago
1/1/01

As an A's fan, my body is ready.

9 days ago
4/6/19
Liyon -
Wayne Glamcock - 
robbie380 -

Absolutely disaster by Crane to fire Luhnow. He wasn't even implicated in this. The report said it was all on the players and Cora. 

if you’re the GM you have to know because you’re responsible (as unreasonable as that may  be) and the organization has to clean house to get away from this as soon as possible 

If Luhnow knows he's innocent, I figure he'll come out guns blazing. His professional career may be on the line.

And if you really want to put an end to this, then take away the title and give the runner up the championship.

the Astros putting an end to it... they'll want to move past this 'era' asap

8 days ago
7/20/08

I'd take Luhnow back in the Cards org today if I could.  Dude is a winner.  

8 days ago
10/29/13
Vegito Blue -

They should lose their fucking World Series victory too 

Damm straight and I should be given to the Yankees. Fuck this shit!!

8 days ago
1/1/01

Odd it took this long to come to this, or did this information just come out??

8 days ago
6/9/09

I really admire how MLB doesnt fuck around with the integrity of the sport by their athletes.

8 days ago
8/20/09

8 days ago
2/4/06

Those are Yankee titles they stole 

8 days ago
6/9/09
Sonester Sambo -

you spelt Dodgers wrong.

8 days ago
7/10/02
I don't follow baseball and hadn't heard about it till this made news. Good! Now if the NFL could do the same with those damn Cheats (Patriots)
8 days ago
11/9/10

8 days ago
7/15/11
VinegarStrokes -

Your 2017 WORLD CHAMPIONS

8 days ago
1/1/01
Luhnow says he had no idea this was going on.

Hinch says he knew what was going on, but turned a blind-eye to it and never addressed it with the players.

The players claim they would have stopped immediately if Hinch had told them to stop.
8 days ago
1/12/12
invalid - 
Tigah Bait - 
MMASMG -
Tigah Bait -
MMASMG -
Tigah Bait -
MMASMG -

How many games do the Astros win this coming season?

This was from the 2017 season. They went to the World Series last year lol. I’m not going to sit here and say it was right (it wasn’t) but they’ve got a great team and I’m sure they’ll be just fine.

I am aware it was 2017. They cheated to get to the World Series and it came up again this past season but give me a number? How many games they winning? Half the team will bat around 200 at home now.

How many did they win LAST YEAR?? Batted .200?? Lmao at this BS.

92 games. That’s my number. Analyze away.

They cheated in 2017 but that's it. -tigah
What kind of stupid logic is this? 

Shit team will be back to where it was before they started cheating. Rangers and As finish ahead of the " they only cheated in 17" Astros.

S/N bet for a year?

lol they definitely stole signs last year

I would be extremely surprised if they did not continue stealing signs up until rumors started to circulate which was last year.
8 days ago
9/27/15
AnthonyWeiner - 
rudiger - 

I don't follow baseball what did they do?

Used cameras to electronically steal the signs catchers would give to pitchers, then relay them to the batter from the bench. Incredibly illegal.

So how did the Astros get caught though? How did other teams know they were using their camera to steal signs?
8 days ago
1/28/07
A shitty relief pitcher on the team found out. The fact that they were knocking the shit out of opponents pitchers and then seeing that pitcher get sent back to the minors the next day was wearing on him. He ratted them out a few years later when he changed teams
8 days ago
7/15/11
VinegarStrokes -

And STILL....

8 days ago
7/31/09
keithws2 -
invalid - 
Tigah Bait - 
MMASMG -
Tigah Bait -
MMASMG -
Tigah Bait -
MMASMG -

How many games do the Astros win this coming season?

This was from the 2017 season. They went to the World Series last year lol. I’m not going to sit here and say it was right (it wasn’t) but they’ve got a great team and I’m sure they’ll be just fine.

I am aware it was 2017. They cheated to get to the World Series and it came up again this past season but give me a number? How many games they winning? Half the team will bat around 200 at home now.

How many did they win LAST YEAR?? Batted .200?? Lmao at this BS.

92 games. That’s my number. Analyze away.

They cheated in 2017 but that's it. -tigah
What kind of stupid logic is this? 

Shit team will be back to where it was before they started cheating. Rangers and As finish ahead of the " they only cheated in 17" Astros.

S/N bet for a year?

lol they definitely stole signs last year

I would be extremely surprised if they did not continue stealing signs up until rumors started to circulate which was last year.

Read the report.  It doesn't sound like they were and it sounds like it was likely a group of players that was trying it and not the whole team.  I'm guessing the players union said fuck you to the commissioner and that's why no players are getting named or punished. From the report they said this scheme faded away in 2018 because the players didn't think it was effective anymore and some never thought it was effective.  In 2019 they didn't see any evidence of this sign stealing happening.  

7 days ago
2/8/08
RJJH - 
Sonester Sambo -

you spelt Dodgers wrong.

I hate the Dodgers, but they would still be wiping the Yankees poop off of their cranks if this pretend scenario had been the WS. Dodgers were absolutely the 2nd best team.
Edited: 7 days ago
7/13/09
VinegarStrokes -

Thank You!!! I haven’t re installed Photoshop since upgrading my computer and was too lazy. I had grabbed the logo but then got distracted with other things...and lazy

7 days ago
12/8/12

Can't wait for the names of the players to leak....guranteed that cocky fuck Bregman is one of them.

7 days ago
7/31/09

Logan Morrison just called out the Dodgers, Yankees, and Red Sox as doing the exact same thing.  

I hope you fucks get nuked too. 

This is all bullshit btw.  MLB needs to move into the 21st century.  No more umps calling balls and strikes and no more hand signals to call pitches.  Get some sort of other communicatio device to do it.  Hand signals being broadcast on TV is only inviting people to try to spy.