OtherGround Forums Atheists know more about religion than xians lol..

28 days ago
7/26/07
The Jentleman -

LOL!

Well I’ve wiped the floor with a couple atheists on this site several times over when it comes to Christianity. So far, all the “atheists” who have commented, especially the OP.

28 days ago
4/3/08

Gnosticism “having knowledge”. I wonder what the opposite would be? Answer: OP is a fucking idiot. 

28 days ago
3/27/03
KZTT_MMAfan55 -
BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane -

Of course, anyone who has read the bible knows its a crock of shit that answers fuck all. 

Hey check out Johnny Revolutionary here with his groundbreaking discovery. 

So edgy.

Dude has got some huge stones speaking truth to power like that!  

28 days ago
11/19/06

My Dad literally called Dish the other day and berated them because he’s an “Atheist” and doesn’t want the Christian channels! I just looked at him like the retard he was. Atheism is like their own little religion. It’s comical. 

28 days ago
9/10/07
most american atheists were born into religion. they are no longer religious because they examined the faith that they were indoctrinated into and realized there was not good justification to hold those beliefs. most religious people just believe the shit they were told when they were little kids and have never really examined why they hold those beliefs.

so, yeah, its totally natural for atheists to have a better grasp of religion than believers.
28 days ago
3/27/03
Wolfs Law -

I consider myself an atheist, one of my biggest criticisms of religion isn't evangelism.

I actually think religion is good for a lot of people and it has helped a lot of people. Most people need something like God to believe in to have hope or faith, or to 'do the right thing'.

But religion for a lot of people is also dangerous when considering pedophilia in many modern religions, racism and Pluralism in Mormonism, mistrust of western medicine in Scientology and radicalism in islam for example.

I just saw a documentary about child sacrifice for witchcraft in Ghana.

I don’t believe in god either but let’s tally up everyone killed by theists vs governments over the last hundred years and it’s not even close

28 days ago
1/3/18
Throwin’Knuckles -

My Dad literally called Dish the other day and berated them because he’s an “Atheist” and doesn’t want the Christian channels! I just looked at him like the retard he was. Atheism is like their own little religion. It’s comical. 

I’m overwhelmed by the irony 

28 days ago
1/3/18
Beninger -

Gnosticism “having knowledge”. I wonder what the opposite would be? Answer: OP is a fucking idiot. 

Everyone has some forms of knowledge. That doesn’t mean it’s correct or valid knowledge. 

Thanks for making nearly every atheist’s/skeptic’s point about theists for them though. 

Edited: 28 days ago
7/13/09

Atheists have surpassed Vegans in the unbearable cunt department. 

How do you know someone’s a Vegan? They’ll tell you.

How do you know someone’s an atheist? You’ll end up in this awkward conversation you weren’t planning on having where someone’s spews an inordinate amount of hate insulting their ancestors and the majority of the planet so that they can feel some nontangible superiority over the masses. “All I said was bless you Chad! You sneezed, It’s a figure of speech bro calm down” 

28 days ago
12/28/04
The Jentleman - 

LOL!

Well I’ve wiped the floor with a couple atheists on this site several times over when it comes to Christianity. So far, all the “atheists” who have commented, especially the OP.

LOL, the ONLY person that thinks you have wipped the floor with anyone is you. You are one of, if not the most, retarded posters on the OG when it comes to religion. Your arguments are pathetic.  

28 days ago
12/28/04
HULC - "Yes, agnostics that don't believe in god are atheists too. Boo Hoo!"

Not according to the actual definition of the terms they aren't. I mean, the man who coined the word agnosticism specifically explained how it is different to atheism.

Yet militant atheists take a lot of their debating tactics from the far left, who they overlap with in many cases, and a key plank in their debating repertoire is to try and redefine the meaning of words. That way when someone disagrees with them they can sidestep having to answer the points and instead be condescending about their opponent not accepting their newly made up definitions.

Berrtand Russel, widely considered one of the greatest philosophers and most influential atheists of the 20th century, on agnosticism:

"An agnostic thinks it impossible to know the truth in matters such as God and the future life with which Christianity and other religions are concerned. Or, if not impossible, at least impossible at the present time.

Are Agnostics Atheists?

No. An atheist, like a Christian, holds that we can know whether or not there is a God. The Christian holds that we can know there is a God; the atheist, that we can know there is not. The Agnostic suspends judgment, saying that there are not sufficient grounds either for affirmation or for denial."

Yeah he is/was wrong too. Atheists do not hold that we can know if there is a god or not. Like many others he simply misunderstands the meaning of the word. 

7/26/07

Theists: “Theres an invisible man in the sky that created all things in 6 days, preordains your fate as “his will” and will send you to an eternal firey pit of pain and suffering if you dont follow some of his specific rules But he LOVES you and wants to Save you! Also, he picks his favorite athletes to win a sportsball, and sends hurricanes to punish gay people

Agnostics/atheists: Yeah, i dont believe any of that unless you show me proof

Theists: what a crazy “religion” atheism is! 

12/28/04
Wylong06 - 

"Yes, agnostics that don't believe in god are atheists too. Boo Hoo!"

didn’t watch the video but a statement this stupid is the reason I question everything op posts.

Its actually 100% correct. 

Atheist and theist are binary positions on the single claim, that claim being god/gods exist. If you accept (believe) the claim then you are a theist, if you do not accept the claim you are an atheist. It really is that simple. 

This is where people get confused, some people can't understand the difference between rejecting a claim and asserting the opposite. If we have 2 positions A and B and I reject position A as unprove, that does not mean that I accept positon B. 

atheist /?e?θ??st/ 

noun

a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods. 

7/26/07

^snarky i know, but thats all i can think of when i hear bible thumpers call agnosticism/atheism a religion,  because they feel the need to be in competition with all the other worlds beliefs or lack of beliefs.

its like the concept of not believing in religion is so foreign to them that they can't help label it as such because its all they know.

Blindly following religion is the biggest example of giving up your personal freedom that i can think of

28 days ago
12/28/04
HULC - 
JCMcGee - 

That's a bollox defenition... 

The difference between an atheist and an agnostic is the difference between belief and knowledge. 

Fuck it, can't be bothered explaining to dumb religitards... If they haven't learned by now, it's too late. 

Proving my point exactly. Someone makes up a new definition of a word and you swallow it without question, and then think you're sooper shmart when you repeat it, even if given evidence to disprove you. lol

And btw that definition was from one of the most famous atheists of the last hundred years, you dumb cunt. ;)

Atheism has never been a knowledge claim, like I said in the other post it is simply a position in regard to a single claim. 

28 days ago
9/10/07
JJitsu - 

How do you know someone’s an atheist? You’ll end up in this awkward conversation you weren’t planning on having where someone’s spews an inordinate amount of hate insulting their ancestors and the majority of the planet so that they can feel some nontangible superiority over the masses. “All I said was bless you Chad! You sneezed, It’s a figure of speech bro calm down” 

this must be why atheists are going to door to door to tell you about their atheism and trying to convert you.

oh....wait....
28 days ago
9/10/07
BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane - 
The Jentleman - 

LOL!

LOL, the ONLY person that thinks you have wipped the floor with anyone is you. You are one of, if not the most, retarded posters on the OG when it comes to religion. Your arguments are pathetic.  

i disagree vehemently with your "when it comes to religion" qualifier.
28 days ago
1/3/18
JJitsu -

It’s very possible that your claim about atheists has merit. However, atheists will need a humongous boost if they ever want to get to that pinnacle trophy of cuntery that xtians/religious people hold.

Atheists are not: 

-going door to door

-constantly bombarding billboards, magazines, tv, internet with religious propaganda

-swindling hundreds of millions of people out of billions of dollars under a privileged tax-free position.

-hijacking established holidays in an effort to suppress them for selfish purposes.

-selling guilt, fake prophesies and doomsday fantasies

-making a billion dollar + market out of selling religious paraphernalia, gear, jewelry, etc.

-watching as poor people are fleeced of their finances in any one of a hundred mega-churches in America.

-(most importantly) unwilling to be wrong or convinced with credible evidence.

-condemning unbelievers while ignoring or covering up sexual crimes against children by those holding invisible positions of authority.

-making blind assertions and then justifying them with faith (which is just a catch-all excuse for lack of evidence)

-crying foul and persecution just because the playing field is becoming more even. 

But oh yeah, atheists sure are a bunch of whiny cunts. Lol

28 days ago
11/19/06
Chimonos Revenge -

Theists: “Theres an invisible man in the sky that created all things in 6 days, preordains your fate as “his will” and will send you to an eternal firey pit of pain and suffering if you dont follow some of his specific rules But he LOVES you and wants to Save you! Also, he picks his favorite athletes to win a sportsball, and sends hurricanes to punish gay people

I’m not religious at all.. I just find the labels funny. If someone asked me my religion? I would say I’m not religious. 

28 days ago
12/28/04
Throwin’Knuckles - 
Chimonos Revenge -

I’m not religious at all.. I just find the labels funny. If someone asked me my religion? I would say I’m not religious. 

There is actually a lot of truth to this, its actually a redundant word and I can't think of any other case where a comparable label exists for not accepting something, though I imagine there must be; enter the non stamp collecter. 

The bottom line for me it this...

The religious claim a god exists.

They don't have a single shred of verifiable evidence to support that claim.

Therefore, I do not accept their claim.  

28 days ago
1/3/18

when atheism is properly defined to a religious theist on teh og
28 days ago
3/27/03
Im with the banned -
JJitsu -

It’s very possible that your claim about atheists has merit. However, atheists will need a humongous boost if they ever want to get to that pinnacle trophy of cuntery that xtians/religious people hold.

Atheists are not: 

-going door to door

-constantly bombarding billboards, magazines, tv, internet with religious propaganda

-swindling hundreds of millions of people out of billions of dollars under a privileged tax-free position.

-hijacking established holidays in an effort to suppress them for selfish purposes.

-making a billion dollar + market out of selling religious paraphernalia, gear, jewelry, etc.

-watching as poor people are fleeced of their finances in any one of a hundred mega-churches in America.

-condemning unbelievers while ignoring or covering up sexual crimes against children by those holding invisible positions of authority.

-making blind assertions and then justifying them with faith (which is just a catch-all excuse for lack of evidence)

-crying foul and persecution just because the playing field is becoming more even. 

Atheists have also killed 50-100 million people in the last hundred years or so 

28 days ago
12/28/04
jacktripper - 
Im with the banned -
JJitsu -

Atheists are not: 

-going door to door

Atheists have also killed 50-100 million people in the last hundred years or so 

No, headcases did that. Its like me saying look how many people non Rangers fans killed in the last 100 years!

28 days ago
1/8/12

You can't argue with logic against faith, but believing in magic as an adult is weird.

28 days ago
1/1/01
There are plenty of retards on both sides... And in my experience is most on both sides lack an understanding of why religious texts are written the way they are and how to understand them.