OtherGround Forums Atheists know more about religion than xians lol..

8/21/19 11:48 AM
10/6/17
Im with the banned -
The Jentleman -

LOL!

Well I’ve wiped the floor with a couple atheists on this site several times over when it comes to Christianity. So far, all the “atheists” who have commented, especially the OP.

Lmao!!! Ohhhh shit! Um, no dude.

When it comes specifically to religion/theism, you’ve got full orcus numerous times and just believe you wiped the floor with atheists. 

You are one of the most perfect examples of intellectual, logical and philosophical dishonesty when it comes to discussions about religion/theism.

You are the Orcus of theism. 

LOL!When you constantly take things out of context, and use misquotes that you got from ignorantatheist.com, then I have to provide true context with actual quotes. Usually it gets reduced to you guys going straight to name calling afterwards instead of admitting that you had no idea what you were talking about before slinking off to pretend you don’t hate the fact that you were shown how ignorant you were.

But sure, whatever you want to tell yourselves.

LOL!

8/21/19 12:00 PM
7/13/09
dabigchet -
JJitsu - 

Atheists have surpassed Vegans in the unbearable cunt department. 

How do you know someone’s a Vegan? They’ll tell you.

How do you know someone’s an atheist? You’ll end up in this awkward conversation you weren’t planning on having where someone’s spews an inordinate amount of hate insulting their ancestors and the majority of the planet so that they can feel some nontangible superiority over the masses. “All I said was bless you Chad! You sneezed, It’s a figure of speech bro calm down” 

this must be why atheists are going to door to door to tell you about their atheism and trying to convert you.

oh....wait....

Yeah those guys are obnoxious pricks too. If you weren’t so godless you would know two wrongs don’t make a right. 

8/21/19 12:09 PM
7/13/09
Im with the banned -
JJitsu -

How do you know someone’s an atheist? You’ll end up in this awkward conversation you weren’t planning on having where someone’s spews an inordinate amount of hate insulting their ancestors and the majority of the planet so that they can feel some nontangible superiority over the masses. “All I said was bless you Chad! You sneezed, It’s a figure of speech bro calm down” 

It’s very possible that your claim about atheists has merit. However, atheists will need a humongous boost if they ever want to get to that pinnacle trophy of cuntery that xtians/religious people hold.

Atheists are not: 

-going door to door

-constantly bombarding billboards, magazines, tv, internet with religious propaganda

-swindling hundreds of millions of people out of billions of dollars under a privileged tax-free position.

-hijacking established holidays in an effort to suppress them for selfish purposes.

-selling guilt, fake prophesies and doomsday fantasies

-making a billion dollar + market out of selling religious paraphernalia, gear, jewelry, etc.

-watching as poor people are fleeced of their finances in any one of a hundred mega-churches in America.

-(most importantly) unwilling to be wrong or convinced with credible evidence.

-condemning unbelievers while ignoring or covering up sexual crimes against children by those holding invisible positions of authority.

-making blind assertions and then justifying them with faith (which is just a catch-all excuse for lack of evidence)

-crying foul and persecution just because the playing field is becoming more even. 

But oh yeah, atheists sure are a bunch of whiny cunts. Lol

Whatever you say Chad, that diatribe didn’t just prove my point at all. 

8/21/19 12:15 PM
4/13/12

Gave up the NFL and politics a few years back.  I never followed a religion after age 13.

My weekends are wide open.

8/21/19 12:47 PM
12/18/07

Belief in the supernatural is for children, conformists, and idiots.

8/21/19 12:52 PM
10/21/14
outspoken atheists are just as annoying as outspoken Christians. the best atheists and Christian's are the ones that keep their thoughts to themselves unless asked. of course outspoken atheists and Christians believe it is their duty to be outspoken so not much you can do.
8/21/19 12:56 PM
7/26/07
tumbleweed - outspoken atheists are just as annoying as outspoken Christians. the best atheists and Christian's are the ones that keep their thoughts to themselves unless asked. of course outspoken atheists and Christians believe it is their duty to be outspoken so not much you can do.

Well yeah, that's because you're talking about extremists.

Extremists from any group, no matter how good or harmless you think that group may be, are irritating and obnoxious.

I don't believe in religion. I don't argue with people about it though, unless they're trying to shove their shit in my face. I do poke fun at people that take the bible literally though, or think it's a history or science text.

Also, Religious Politics can get the fuck out.

Comments like "America is nothing without God." That will get a prompt "Fuck off" from me.
8/21/19 12:59 PM
10/21/14
Chimonos Revenge - 
tumbleweed - outspoken atheists are just as annoying as outspoken Christians. the best atheists and Christian's are the ones that keep their thoughts to themselves unless asked. of course outspoken atheists and Christians believe it is their duty to be outspoken so not much you can do.

Well yeah, that's because you're talking about extremists.

Extremists from any group, no matter how good or harmless you think that group may be, are irritating and obnoxious.

I don't believe in religion. I don't argue with people about it though, unless they're trying to shove their shit in my face. I do poke fun at people that take the bible literally though, or think it's a history or science text.

Also, Religious Politics can get the fuck out.

Comments like "America is nothing without God." That will get a prompt "Fuck off" from me.

agreed.
8/21/19 1:09 PM
12/28/04

Its hard not to be outspoken against religion when you see the damage it does around the world. Granted not all religions are equal but its the same thought processes, just a different outcome. 

Edited: 8/21/19 1:13 PM
7/26/07
BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane - 

Its hard not to be outspoken against religion when you see the damage it does around the world. Granted not all religions are equal but its the same thought processes, just a different outcome. 

Organized Religion, agreed.

Personal beliefs/religion..fine. I feel all organized religion is twisted and manipulated, and only does things to suit it's own ends, which usually means...suit the higher ups that make money off selling snake oil to a bunch of rubes.

There's a local church near me that preaches that you aren't a "True Christian" unless you belong to a church. Since when is that a rule?
Isn't it painfully obvious to everyone that they say that to get your money? Don't be dopes.

8/21/19 1:19 PM
7/24/14

Didn’t watch the video but agnostic and atheism are nothing alike.

atheism is like a religious person in that they put all their belief in being correct and superior to everyone else. 

Agnostic is saying I don’t know, maybe maybe not, but you probably don’t know either.

atheism is being a cunt

agnostic is being the most honest type of person.

even if you’re diehard Christian you are blindly believeing just like an antheist because there is no suggestive evidence to imply Christianity is based on anything real at all, most likely it was created by the romans to control the poor by making them a bunch of pacifists. But ultimately no one knows and no one can make an absolute claim. 

As far as I am concerned I will respect your beliefs as long as it isn’t preached as the absolute truth because you don’t know what is true.

8/21/19 1:28 PM
12/28/04
DollawayGotFistedByAPillow - 

Didn’t watch the video but agnostic and atheism are nothing alike.

atheism is like a religious person in that they put all their belief in being correct and superior to everyone else. 

Agnostic is saying I don’t know, maybe maybe not, but you probably don’t know either.

atheism is being a cunt

agnostic is being the most honest type of person.

even if you’re diehard Christian you are blindly believeing just like an antheist because there is no suggestive evidence to imply Christianity is based on anything real at all, most likely it was created by the romans to control the poor by making them a bunch of pacifists. But ultimately no one knows and no one can make an absolute claim. 

As far as I am concerned I will respect your beliefs as long as it isn’t preached as the absolute truth because you don’t know what is true.

lol, too obvious. 

8/21/19 1:38 PM
7/7/17
GoffRAMSmahome'sgutsOUT -

Another unprompted religion thread that shows everyone just how nasty and dogmatic atheists really are. You guys are right there with the muzzies when it comes to thoughtfulness and keeping an open - mind, though I'm sure the irony is lost on all of you that are dug in that deep. Claiming atheism isn't a religion is laughable.

I'm trying to be respectful here. I'm just interested in your thought process.

"Theism" means the belief in god or gods. "Atheism" means lack of a belief in god or gods. So what is it about atheism that makes you think it's a religion? I don't believe in any god. Assuming you are a Christian, we agree that the many thousands of gods that we could worship are bullshit. We're 99.99% on the same page. Your lack of belief in the Loch Ness Monster isn't a religion.

Atheism demands that one be open minded. If you or anyone else can offer up compelling evidence of god (any god), I'm willing to be swayed. Indeed, I can come up with thousands of scenarios in which I could be convinced of god. The closed minded folks are those who, all evidence to the contrary, refuse to consider an alternative to their god. If you believe in god on the basis of faith, you are closed minded. 

8/21/19 3:18 PM
7/4/05
2006 called, it wants its thread back.
8/21/19 3:35 PM
12/9/13
JJitsu -
Im with the banned -
JJitsu -

It’s very possible that your claim about atheists has merit. However, atheists will need a humongous boost if they ever want to get to that pinnacle trophy of cuntery that xtians/religious people hold.

Atheists are not: 

-going door to door

-constantly bombarding billboards, magazines, tv, internet with religious propaganda

-swindling hundreds of millions of people out of billions of dollars under a privileged tax-free position.

-hijacking established holidays in an effort to suppress them for selfish purposes.

-making a billion dollar + market out of selling religious paraphernalia, gear, jewelry, etc.

-watching as poor people are fleeced of their finances in any one of a hundred mega-churches in America.

-condemning unbelievers while ignoring or covering up sexual crimes against children by those holding invisible positions of authority.

-making blind assertions and then justifying them with faith (which is just a catch-all excuse for lack of evidence)

-crying foul and persecution just because the playing field is becoming more even. 

Whatever you say Chad, that diatribe didn’t just prove my point at all. 

He just eviscerated you point and you just did the debating version of sticking you thumbs in your ears and going “la la la la la”.

clown 

8/21/19 3:35 PM
1/1/01
BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane -
HULC - "Yes, agnostics that don't believe in god are atheists too. Boo Hoo!"

Not according to the actual definition of the terms they aren't. I mean, the man who coined the word agnosticism specifically explained how it is different to atheism.

Yet militant atheists take a lot of their debating tactics from the far left, who they overlap with in many cases, and a key plank in their debating repertoire is to try and redefine the meaning of words. That way when someone disagrees with them they can sidestep having to answer the points and instead be condescending about their opponent not accepting their newly made up definitions.

Berrtand Russel, widely considered one of the greatest philosophers and most influential atheists of the 20th century, on agnosticism:

"An agnostic thinks it impossible to know the truth in matters such as God and the future life with which Christianity and other religions are concerned. Or, if not impossible, at least impossible at the present time.

Are Agnostics Atheists?

No. An atheist, like a Christian, holds that we can know whether or not there is a God. The Christian holds that we can know there is a God; the atheist, that we can know there is not. The Agnostic suspends judgment, saying that there are not sufficient grounds either for affirmation or for denial."

Yeah he is/was wrong too. Atheists do not hold that we can know if there is a god or not. Like many others he simply misunderstands the meaning of the word. 

So everyone in history was wrong, even the people who invented the words you're using, just because you say so? Yeh that's bullshit.

The fact that you think you're proving that atheists are smarter by refusing to acknowledge a words actual meaning is a great example of the disconnect you have with reality.

8/21/19 3:42 PM
1/1/01
gtownhoya -
GoffRAMSmahome'sgutsOUT -

Another unprompted religion thread that shows everyone just how nasty and dogmatic atheists really are. You guys are right there with the muzzies when it comes to thoughtfulness and keeping an open - mind, though I'm sure the irony is lost on all of you that are dug in that deep. Claiming atheism isn't a religion is laughable.

I'm trying to be respectful here. I'm just interested in your thought process.

"Theism" means the belief in god or gods. "Atheism" means lack of a belief in god or gods. So what is it about atheism that makes you think it's a religion? I don't believe in any god. Assuming you are a Christian, we agree that the many thousands of gods that we could worship are bullshit. We're 99.99% on the same page. Your lack of belief in the Loch Ness Monster isn't a religion.

Atheism demands that one be open minded. If you or anyone else can offer up compelling evidence of god (any god), I'm willing to be swayed. Indeed, I can come up with thousands of scenarios in which I could be convinced of god. The closed minded folks are those who, all evidence to the contrary, refuse to consider an alternative to their god. If you believe in god on the basis of faith, you are closed minded. 

Atheism is the claim that god/gods do not exist, it isn't a position of ambiguity on the subject. Look around and do some research, atheism has had a specific meaning for hundreds of years, and the claim that it actually means agnosticism (which is what you're describing) can be traced back to an article written in the 70s. An article that openly admitted the author wanted to change the definition to make it easier to argue with theists.

8/21/19 3:43 PM
1/1/01
Wylong06 - 

"Yes, agnostics that don't believe in god are atheists too. Boo Hoo!"

didn’t watch the video but a statement this stupid is the reason I question everything op posts.

Its actually 100% correct. 

Atheist and theist are binary positions on the single claim, that claim being god/gods exist. If you accept (believe) the claim then you are a theist, if you do not accept the claim you are an atheist. It really is that simple. 

This is where people get confused, some people can't understand the difference between rejecting a claim and asserting the opposite. If we have 2 positions A and B and I reject position A as unprove, that does not mean that I accept positon B. 

atheist /?e?θ??st/ 

noun

a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods. 

How many times do you have to bw provwn wrong before you stop repeating your claim?

8/21/19 3:49 PM
7/4/09
TheHawker - 2006 called, it wants its thread back.

Lol

8/21/19 3:59 PM
7/7/17
HULC -

Not according to the actual definition of the terms they aren't. I mean, the man who coined the word agnosticism specifically explained how it is different to atheism.

Yet militant atheists take a lot of their debating tactics from the far left, who they overlap with in many cases, and a key plank in their debating repertoire is to try and redefine the meaning of words. That way when someone disagrees with them they can sidestep having to answer the points and instead be condescending about their opponent not accepting their newly made up definitions.

Berrtand Russel, widely considered one of the greatest philosophers and most influential atheists of the 20th century, on agnosticism:

"An agnostic thinks it impossible to know the truth in matters such as God and the future life with which Christianity and other religions are concerned. Or, if not impossible, at least impossible at the present time.

Are Agnostics Atheists?

No. An atheist, like a Christian, holds that we can know whether or not there is a God. The Christian holds that we can know there is a God; the atheist, that we can know there is not. The Agnostic suspends judgment, saying that there are not sufficient grounds either for affirmation or for denial."

Yeah he is/was wrong too. Atheists do not hold that we can know if there is a god or not. Like many others he simply misunderstands the meaning of the word. 

So everyone in history was wrong, even the people who invented the words you're using, just because you say so? Yeh that's bullshit.

The fact that you think you're proving that atheists are smarter by refusing to acknowledge a words actual meaning is a great example of the disconnect you have with reality.

Isn't this a distinction without a difference? Neither atheists nor agnostics believe in any god. Isn't the real issue that we live in a world where the vast majority of its inhabitants believe that something that cannot be proved, and for which there is ample evidence to the contrary, watches over them at all time? 

Atheists seem to constantly get caught up in definitional and philosophical issues, as if they bear the burden of proof. Who cares? I think your god is bullshit. Churches cost Americans $71 billion in lost tax revenue every year. I don't want to debate whether god can be found in the nucleus of atoms. You think a dude walked on water and died because of the world's sins, and expect me to pay thousands of dollars/year so that you can meet to discuss it. Don't we deserve some verification?

8/21/19 3:59 PM
3/27/03
jacktripper - 
Im with the banned -
JJitsu -

Atheists are not: 

-going door to door

Atheists have also killed 50-100 million people in the last hundred years or so 

No, headcases did that. Its like me saying look how many people non Rangers fans killed in the last 100 years!

Idiotic response... you can use that for anything 

the soviets, chi coms etc were militantly atheist 

8/21/19 4:01 PM
12/28/04
HULC - 

Are Agnostics Atheists?

Nope not everyone in history, him. 

Lack of belief is THE actual meaning of the word.

It really is very simple A-theism... i.e. without theism. 

8/21/19 4:05 PM
12/28/04
HULC - 
Wylong06 - 

"Yes, agnostics that don't believe in god are atheists too. Boo Hoo!"

didn’t watch the video but a statement this stupid is the reason I question everything op posts.

Its actually 100% correct. 

Atheist and theist are binary positions on the single claim, that claim being god/gods exist. If you accept (believe) the claim then you are a theist, if you do not accept the claim you are an atheist. It really is that simple. 

This is where people get confused, some people can't understand the difference between rejecting a claim and asserting the opposite. If we have 2 positions A and B and I reject position A as unprove, that does not mean that I accept positon B. 

atheist /?e?θ??st/ 

noun

a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods. 

How many times do you have to bw provwn wrong before you stop repeating your claim?

How on earth have I been proven wrong when I am using the accepted definition of the word?

https://www.google.com/search?q=atheiism+meanin&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB716GB716&oq=atheiism+meanin&aqs=chrome..69i57.3487j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

atheism /?e?θ??z(?)m/ Learn to pronounce noun disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.

Atheism is, in the broadest sense, the absence of belief in the existence of deities.[1][2][3][4] 

Atheism is not an affirmative belief that there is no god nor does it answer any other question about what a person believes. It is simply a rejection of the assertion that there are gods. 

Edited: 8/21/19 4:09 PM
12/28/04

However as I explained on the last page the words are not overly important...

The bottom line for me is this...

The religious claim a god exists.

They don't have a single shred of verifiable evidence to support that claim.

Therefore, I do not accept their claim.  

8/21/19 4:07 PM
12/28/04
jacktripper - 
jacktripper - 
Im with the banned -
JJitsu -

Atheists are not: 

-going door to door

Atheists have also killed 50-100 million people in the last hundred years or so 

No, headcases did that. Its like me saying look how many people non Rangers fans killed in the last 100 years!

Idiotic response... you can use that for anything 

the soviets, chi coms etc were militantly atheist 

And the also were not Rangers fans, whats you point?