OtherGround Forums Atheists know more about religion than xians lol..

8/20/19 10:46 PM
12/28/04

Yes, agnostics that don't believe in god are atheists too. Boo Hoo!
8/20/19 10:49 PM
8/29/09

Without watching, I’d say that’s true. Atheists have questions, and then seek the answers. The answers to the questions they have are supposed to be in the Bible, do they study it. 

Those who don’t question their faith don’t need to dig so deep into the good book. 

8/20/19 10:51 PM
12/28/04
Bad Monkey - 

Without watching, I’d say that’s true. Atheists have questions, and then seek the answers. The answers to the questions they have are supposed to be in the Bible, do they study it. 

Those who don’t question their faith don’t need to dig so deep into the good book. 

"Supposed" being to operative word.

8/20/19 10:52 PM
7/26/07

What do you call someone thats read the bible cover to cover?

-an atheist

12/28/04

Of course, anyone who has read the bible knows its a crock of shit that answers fuck all. 

12/28/04
Chimonos Revenge - 

What do you call someone thats read the bible cover to cover?

-an atheist

This is what I meant to say above. ^^^

8/20/19 11:12 PM
4/11/05

Some... Some atheists, usually the older ones who were born into a religion. 

Many younger atheists just don't give a fuck about it and consider it rediculous. 

Usually they are the ones who ask dumb questions in debates that, if they're going to debate, they really should have read up on... 

Edited: 8/20/19 11:18 PM
1/1/01

What bull...

As a devout Christian, I hope a Jesus thunderbolt from Mt. Olympus strikes these guys dead.

8/20/19 11:17 PM
7/4/09

CNN news report bashes Christians through the tried and true persuasion tactic of "study says".

Pew and CNN also predicted trump would be overwhelmingly defeated 2016.

Anecdotally I know many average theists can wipe the floor with average atheists regarding their own religion. Not on obscure non relevant questions to their beliefs. 

Quantitatively, CNN and PEW aren't the ones to trust on these issues because of there train wreck of a record.

8/20/19 11:19 PM
11/4/10
BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane -

Of course, anyone who has read the bible knows its a crock of shit that answers fuck all. 

Hey check out Johnny Revolutionary here with his groundbreaking discovery. 

So edgy.

8/20/19 11:20 PM
7/4/09
BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane -

Lol- it's only been used as the guiding moral principles for western civilization with the exception of the last 100 yers.

But yes,  probably fuck all value associated with it of course. 

8/20/19 11:24 PM
7/30/10

Bible thumpers want you to believe: For the tens of thousands of years before the Bible, civilization was fucked. 

8/20/19 11:26 PM
3/12/07

Why is it that atheists care so much about telling other people god isn't real when one of their biggest criticisms is evangalism? Isn't what they're doing basically the same thing?

8/21/19 12:32 AM
7/30/10

I consider myself an atheist, one of my biggest criticisms of religion isn't evangelism.

I actually think religion is good for a lot of people and it has helped a lot of people. Most people need something like God to believe in to have hope or faith, or to 'do the right thing'.

But religion for a lot of people is also dangerous when considering pedophilia in many modern religions, racism and Pluralism in Mormonism, mistrust of western medicine in Scientology and radicalism in islam for example.

I just saw a documentary about child sacrifice for witchcraft in Ghana.

8/21/19 1:24 AM
10/31/13

Gotta' start by stating I'm agnostic just to avoid being accused of bias.

Did anyone actually watch the video?  It's ridiculous.  The questions were more about knowing facts about other religions, not your own.  One question was about religious politics in the U.S., and another was about geography and culture.  It only answers the question of whether atheists have more general knowledge of history, politics, and world cultures than religious folks.  Apparently (according to this 'study'), they do.

8/21/19 1:50 AM
5/14/10
This must be really old footage because it says CNN on it but they didn't blame the fact that Christians don't know about Christianity on Trump.
8/21/19 1:58 AM
7/24/16

Another unprompted religion thread that shows everyone just how nasty and dogmatic atheists really are. You guys are right there with the muzzies when it comes to thoughtfulness and keeping an open - mind, though I'm sure the irony is lost on all of you that are dug in that deep. Claiming atheism isn't a religion is laughable.

8/21/19 4:17 AM
4/11/05

Fuck sake goff... Point flys right over your head... Nasty, dogmatic...whatever, its irrelevant, atheists are right. 

8/21/19 6:00 AM
10/6/17

LOL!

Well I’ve wiped the floor with a couple atheists on this site several times over when it comes to Christianity. So far, all the “atheists” who have commented, especially the OP.

8/21/19 7:10 AM
1/1/01
"Yes, agnostics that don't believe in god are atheists too. Boo Hoo!"

Not according to the actual definition of the terms they aren't. I mean, the man who coined the word agnosticism specifically explained how it is different to atheism.

Yet militant atheists take a lot of their debating tactics from the far left, who they overlap with in many cases, and a key plank in their debating repertoire is to try and redefine the meaning of words. That way when someone disagrees with them they can sidestep having to answer the points and instead be condescending about their opponent not accepting their newly made up definitions.

Berrtand Russel, widely considered one of the greatest philosophers and most influential atheists of the 20th century, on agnosticism:

"An agnostic thinks it impossible to know the truth in matters such as God and the future life with which Christianity and other religions are concerned. Or, if not impossible, at least impossible at the present time.

Are Agnostics Atheists?

No. An atheist, like a Christian, holds that we can know whether or not there is a God. The Christian holds that we can know there is a God; the atheist, that we can know there is not. The Agnostic suspends judgment, saying that there are not sufficient grounds either for affirmation or for denial."
8/21/19 7:38 AM
4/11/05

That's a bollox defenition... 

The difference between an atheist and an agnostic is the difference between belief and knowledge. 

Fuck it, can't be bothered explaining to dumb religitards... If they haven't learned by now, it's too late. 

8/21/19 7:41 AM
2/11/14

"Yes, agnostics that don't believe in god are atheists too. Boo Hoo!"

didn’t watch the video but a statement this stupid is the reason I question everything op posts.

8/21/19 8:26 AM
1/3/18
Argonaut -

CNN news report bashes Christians through the tried and true persuasion tactic of "study says".

Pew and CNN also predicted trump would be overwhelmingly defeated 2016.

Anecdotally I know many average theists can wipe the floor with average atheists regarding their own religion. Not on obscure non relevant questions to their beliefs. 

Quantitatively, CNN and PEW aren't the ones to trust on these issues because of there train wreck of a record.

What is an average theist?

What is an average atheist?

Can You “wipe” the figurative floor with the so-called average atheist?

Please clarify your metric, then give proper examples to support your claims. 

8/21/19 8:29 AM
1/1/01
JCMcGee - 

That's a bollox defenition... 

The difference between an atheist and an agnostic is the difference between belief and knowledge. 

Fuck it, can't be bothered explaining to dumb religitards... If they haven't learned by now, it's too late. 

Proving my point exactly. Someone makes up a new definition of a word and you swallow it without question, and then think you're sooper shmart when you repeat it, even if given evidence to disprove you. lol

And btw that definition was from one of the most famous atheists of the last hundred years, you dumb cunt. ;)
8/21/19 8:36 AM
1/3/18
The Jentleman -

LOL!

Well I’ve wiped the floor with a couple atheists on this site several times over when it comes to Christianity. So far, all the “atheists” who have commented, especially the OP.

Lmao!!! Ohhhh shit! Um, no dude.

When it comes specifically to religion/theism, you’ve got full orcus numerous times and just believe you wiped the floor with atheists. 

You are one of the most perfect examples of intellectual, logical and philosophical dishonesty when it comes to discussions about religion/theism.

You are the Orcus of theism.