OtherGround Forums Attn Kirik - Re: politics on the OG

13 days ago
9/2/09

They've been a dozen threads over the last few months asking for politics to be moved off the OG. Every time this gets brought up, we get just as many folks upvoting as there are down voting. It's clear that folks are divided on this. We've tried moving politics to the PoliticalGround but the usual suspects started having an absolute meltdown and demanded that everything got moved back.

My proposal is this - since there's no closing Pandora's box on politics on the OG, how about creating a separate sub-forum for those of us that don't want to be bombarded with political content and just to use for casual content. Just like you do with GeekGround or BJJ Ground. You can name the forum whatever you want. 

Does that sound like a reasonable request?

Cue all the moaning about safe space, snowflake etc. etc. 

13 days ago
10/15/13

Its called the UG faggot!

13 days ago
9/2/09
Al Cappucino -

Its called the UG faggot!

UG is for MMA?

13 days ago
1/9/19

13 days ago
1/9/19

I just don't read/don't click what I don't wish to read

13 days ago
5/10/04

Just don't view the threads you aren't interested in.
13 days ago
9/13/12
onepunchJD -

Imagine if some fat guy said: I will fart all around you, just make sure you breathe only the non-fart air.

13 days ago
9/13/12
CyborgRoyce -

They've been a dozen threads over the last few months asking for politics to be moved off the OG. Every time this gets brought up, we get just as many folks upvoting as there are down voting. It's clear that folks are divided on this. We've tried moving politics to the PoliticalGround but the usual suspects started having an absolute meltdown and demanded that everything got moved back.

My proposal is this - since there's no closing Pandora's box on politics on the OG, how about creating a separate sub-forum for those of us that don't want to be bombarded with political content and just to use for casual content. Just like you do with GeekGround or BJJ Ground. You can name the forum whatever you want. 

EXACTLY. The OG is being ruined with that shit.

13 days ago
10/30/05
GarlicSauce -
onepunchJD -

Imagine if some fat guy said: I will fart all around you, just make sure you breathe only the non-fart air.

Just when we thought your level of retardation had maxed out you come at us with this.

Bravo Homeslice Jr!

13 days ago
1/9/19

are the wingNUTS getting worried that the Other Team is going to WIN?

13 days ago
5/10/04
GarlicSauce - 
onepunchJD -

There seems to be a couple technical/physical flaws with your analogy.

Try again.

Edited: 13 days ago
9/13/12
onepunchJD -
GarlicSauce - 
onepunchJD -

Try again.

Spending time explaining an already obvious analogy to you seems like a remarkably fruitful use of my time.

No, really, I have nothing better to do.

13 days ago
9/5/12

These kinds of threads are more annoying than political ones.

13 days ago
7/16/13

OP is a true pussy. 

13 days ago
9/2/09
John Wick -

OP is a true pussy. 

So insightful and so edgy

13 days ago
11/1/19

God damn bunch of crying ass women on here. Stop making these dumb fucking threads. Put up some content and quit bitching.

13 days ago
9/2/09
JThomasufc91 -

God damn bunch of crying ass women on here. Stop making these dumb fucking threads. Put up some content and quit bitching.

11/1/19

13 days ago
12/22/10
CyborgRoyce -

13 days ago
9/18/13

MODS

PLEASE MOVE THIS THREAD TO THE POLITICALGROUND

THANKS

13 days ago
1/12/07

13 days ago
1/1/01

Go post in the Canada Ground, faggot! 

13 days ago
5/10/04
GarlicSauce - 
onepunchJD -
GarlicSauce - 
onepunchJD -

Try again.

Spending time explaining an already obvious analogy to you seems like a remarkably fruitful use of my time.

No, really, I have nothing better to do.

You cannot smell threads, and you can choose to ignore them.

You cannot escape a fart unless you leave or hold your breath.
You also cannot choose which air molecules to breathe in.

13 days ago
11/1/19
Paramount Donkey -

These kinds of threads are more annoying than political ones.

Kirik literally said he wasn't going to do it. These threads are pointless. It's almost November.. Of course political threads are going to be a big thing. It's a sign of the times. You take an already dying forum and split it into multiple sub forums and it will be dead. I love how all the people who seem to bitch about political threads NEVER post content. If you're so concerned about it, make a thread about boobs, games or dicks.. Whatever. Lol.

13 days ago
1/1/01

Politics are part of life. A very important part.  This forum is about the other stuff in life besides our love of martial arts.  Its important to have a place to talk about what is affecting our lives. If you want to talk about cars, pro wrestling, comics, etc. There are sub forums for that. 

13 days ago
9/2/09
buddie -

Politics are part of life. A very important part.  This forum is about the other stuff in life besides our love of martial arts.  Its important to have a place to talk about what is affecting our lives. If you want to talk about cars, pro wrestling, comics, etc. There are sub forums for that. 

Yep, which is why I'm not advocating to get politics off the OG.

Kirik removed most the sub-forums a while back already. If you aren't into grabbing the ass of cartoon characters or other men, there's no sub-forum