OtherGround Forums Australia steps up, destroys leftist narratives

29 days ago
9/12/05

Despite the nonstop bragging and claims of being unbeatable, the left has taken a big loss in Australia.  Good for you guys!

29 days ago
10/2/06

Unlike the US....I think the Aussies will handle the results better and move forward united.

29 days ago
4/22/17
Sgt_Doakes_Got_Jokes -

Unlike the US....I think the Aussies will handle the results better and move forward united.

You mean the left in Australia won't dress like gigantic vaginas and scream at the sky all the while claiming they're the reasonable ones? No claims of not my president? Lets hope.

29 days ago
4/27/15

Wood bang Mrs Morrison

29 days ago
11/11/14
beautiful
29 days ago
7/13/17

Russian memes win again 

29 days ago
3/11/11

It is mistaken to believe that there was any defeat of the left wing in Australia. Both the Labour and Liberal parties are right-wing enterprises that agree on all fundamental issues. The election result was simply one conservative organisation defeating another, the two being barely distinguishable in their policies and practices.

When the left wing re-emerges in Australia, as it has done in France, Britain, Spain, Algeria, Mexico, Iran, Brazil and so many other countries, then there will be a fight, whether it is election time or not. Until then, the Australian status quo will remain unchallenged.

29 days ago
9/15/07
Proteus The Invincible -

It is mistaken to believe that there was any defeat of the left wing in Australia. Both the Labour and Liberal parties are right-wing enterprises that agree on all fundamental issues. The election result was simply one conservative organisation defeating another, the two being barely distinguishable in their policies and practices.

When the left wing re-emerges in Australia, as it has done in France, Britain, Spain, Algeria, Mexico, Iran, Brazil and so many other countries, then there will be a fight, whether it is election time or not. Until then, the Australian status quo will remain unchallenged.

I don’t follow Aussie politics closely enough to know if you’re full of shit or not; but this sound about right.

29 days ago
2/13/16

Any aussies that can chime in?

29 days ago
6/3/03

#BillaryClintonFTW

29 days ago
9/22/16
TFK_likatiga - 
Proteus The Invincible -

I don’t follow Aussie politics closely enough to know if you’re full of shit or not; but this sound about right.

You have to know who you're talking to. Proteus here is talking about communists when he says "left wing". He's hoping Aussies end up starving and eating their dogs.
29 days ago
1/1/01

Subbed for later 

29 days ago
6/1/07
TFK_likatiga - 
Proteus The Invincible -

He's full of shit.

He's one of those 'no true Scotsman' lefties who thinks anyone to the left of Lenin is a right winger. He thinks Nancy Pelosi is a right-winger. He thinks Obama is a right-winger. He defines 99% of the electorate as right-wing because they aren't pure enough for his liking.

Australia is much like the US in terms of politics with a dominant establishment center-left party and a dominant establishment center-right party. The main difference between them in this election is the center-left Labour party went full-retard on climate change, promising to shutter the coal industry, jack up carbon taxes, and pretty much every other environmentalist boondoggle you can think of. The voters chose jobs and cheap energy over global warming alarmism.
29 days ago
6/1/07
http://joannenova.com.au/2019/05/it-was-a-climate-election-and-the-skeptics-won-australia-2019/

Against all the polls, the money, advertising, and the non-stop media coverage, against all expectations and the betting agencies — the Extreme Climate Fix was a flop. The Labor Plan to cut Australian emissions by 45% percent is now gone — per capita this would have been a world record sacrifice in a country already increasing their renewable energy faster than any other.

They called this a climate election and the people voted “No”

Labor was tipped to win decisively in every poll. Even in the exit polls. So thousands of people told pollsters one thing, then they voted the other way, and hid that again on the way out the polling door.

This was not just the abject failure of climate change as a vote winner, it was also a crashing fail for the pollsters. Australians have been badgered and bullied into saying they believe in climate change and prefer the left-leaning parties. (They knew it was uncool to vote “right”.) But when the time came, they voted against them both.

Bullying works in public, but people vote alone.

To understand just how far they got it wrong, read Aaron Patrick yesterday:

------------------------
The latest Ipsos poll predicted Labor would win 78 lower house seats on Saturday… Betting on seven commercial marketspredicted Labor would win 83… the chances of 12 polls getting it wrong is 0.024 per cent.

Even though recent opinion polls have put the two sides within the margin of error, 44 polls since Scott Morrison became prime minister have pointed in the same direction: a narrowing contest, but one which Labor has exclusively led.

A Coalition win would represent one of the great upsets of modern Australian polling…”It’s virtually impossible for them to win,” says Andy Marks, a political scientist at Western Sydney University.
------------------------

So much for academics.

This will be a brutal shake for the Labor Party. A tough pill. They believed the polls and pushed aggressive, risky policies, doomed by their overconfidence.

Australia missed a bullet today.

Let’s build another coal mine.
29 days ago
6/13/03

lol @ listening to Proteus

29 days ago
10/20/10

Us Aussies are happy with ScoMo as our Prime Minister.

That other fuck Bill Shorten was a Tranny lover, pushing leftist ideas and wanted to open our borders.

Fuck him.

29 days ago
1/1/01
Darth Potato - 

G'day mate!

I'm Australian.

I can tell you, when I was out walking me Koala "Blinky" this morning --out near the cricket pitch-- I chatted with a couple of sheilas and they were right excited about Mr. Morrison's victory!

--Gotta go, Mastermind is on!

29 days ago
12/17/06
shen -
Darth Potato - 

G'day mate!

I'm Australian.

I can tell you, when I was out walking me Koala "Blinky" this morning --out near the cricket pitch-- I chatted with a couple of sheilas and they were right excited about Mr. Morrison's victory!

--Gotta go, Mastermind is on!

How does it feel knowing your country gave the world Hitler?

29 days ago
2/7/08
crudz - 

Us Aussies are happy with ScoMo as our Prime Minister.

That other fuck Bill Shorten was a Tranny lover, pushing leftist ideas and wanted to open our borders.

Fuck him.

... but is Lee Priest happy? That's all I care about.
29 days ago
2/22/03

As long as the Greens Party got jack shit that is all that matters.

29 days ago
9/12/05
Proteus The Invincible - 

How do people like you take yourselves seriously?
29 days ago
3/27/03

Someone cut pulsar down from the rafters before he starts to stink 

Edited: 29 days ago
3/11/11
factseatfeelings -
Proteus The Invincible - 

Nothing I said was particularly bold or controversial. It shouldn’t be difficult to take seriously. But if the idea of there being virtually no leftist political force in Australia seems unbelievable—certainly no leftist program offered by the leaders of the two main political parties—just keep paying attention to Australia.

You will see a left-wing movement emerge there soon, and it will be virulently hostile to double-talking bureaucrats like Bill Shorten. His kind will be targeted and torn down throughout the next period, but the fight hasn't begun yet.

29 days ago
3/27/03
Proteus The Invincible -
factseatfeelings -
Proteus The Invincible - 

Nothing I said was particularly bold or controversial. It shouldn’t be difficult to take seriously. But if the idea of there being virtually no leftist political force in Australia seems unbelievable—certainly no leftist program offered by the leaders of the two main political parties—just keep paying attention to Australia.

You will see a left-wing movement emerge there soon, and it will be virulently hostile to double-talking bureaucrats like Bill Shorten. His kind will be targeted and torn down throughout the next period, but the fight hasn't begun yet.

Don’t hold your breath mate 

29 days ago
11/3/12

Im australian and both parties are fucking idiots they both have left and right tendencies cant stand either of them so not really a win either way imo