OtherGround Forums Average IQ by occupation:

6 days ago
11/17/10
EFM -

that is the dumbest estimation i've ever seen in my life.  the methodology is ridiculous.  it backs into IQ based on income and indexes them both against a paralegal with an iq of 100.  there's nothing scientific about that at all.

"Career Cast recently published a list ranking 200 major occupations from best to worst, as measured by five criteria. One of those is income, displayed as the median earnings in a field plus a small premium based on income growth potential.

While income is positively correlated with IQ, it’s obviously not perfectly so. Nonetheless, the following table estimates average IQ scores by occupation solely on the basis of the Career Cast mid-level income figures. The median salary (of a paralegal assistant) is taken to correspond to an IQ of 100. One standard deviation is assumed to be 15 IQ points:"

yeah

unbelievable

LOL @ people saying "read the article, im smart so i read the article!"

as if that means anything when the article is based on shat

6 days ago
11/20/13
In Limbo -
ksacs revenge -
In Limbo -
ksacs revenge -
In Limbo -

how can the AVERAGE IQ of surgeons be in the 230s when there have only been several confirmed IQs above 200?

They read the article. +30 IQ bonus aftrer doing so.

i didnt bother to read the article when i saw that initial list, bc i already knew there ahve only been a handful of 200+ IQ recorded scores prior

my bad

That's actually why I read the article, to get an explanation. Running to the OG is another...option.

yeah...some "study" made some ridiculous conclusion using made up "Factors" without any actual evidence

lol @ any group of people having an AVERAGE 200+ IQ score

regardless of the mental gymnastic methods used to arrive at the "conclusion"

what a nonsense "study", didnt need to read article to come to that conclusion

and i have no dog in this race, i would hope that surgeons are the smartest among us, but lol @ an AVG 200+ "IQ" no matter how you come up with it

Ummm...ok.

6 days ago
11/17/10
saglv -
scrapdo - 
EFM -

that is the dumbest estimation i've ever seen in my life.  the methodology is ridiculous.  it backs into IQ based on income and indexes them both against a paralegal with an iq of 100.  there's nothing scientific about that at all.

"Career Cast recently published a list ranking 200 major occupations from best to worst, as measured by five criteria. One of those is income, displayed as the median earnings in a field plus a small premium based on income growth potential.

While income is positively correlated with IQ, it’s obviously not perfectly so. Nonetheless, the following table estimates average IQ scores by occupation solely on the basis of the Career Cast mid-level income figures. The median salary (of a paralegal assistant) is taken to correspond to an IQ of 100. One standard deviation is assumed to be 15 IQ points:"

This, absolutely ridiculous article. lol

What else would you expect from a website run by a holocaust denier?

oh so that's why Ksacsrevenge is so in love with this "study" and the article

makes perfect sense now, considering he used to love the KKK

/ backfire

6 days ago
11/17/10
ksacs revenge -
In Limbo -
ksacs revenge -
In Limbo -
ksacs revenge -
In Limbo -

how can the AVERAGE IQ of surgeons be in the 230s when there have only been several confirmed IQs above 200?

i didnt bother to read the article when i saw that initial list, bc i already knew there ahve only been a handful of 200+ IQ recorded scores prior

my bad

That's actually why I read the article, to get an explanation. Running to the OG is another...option.

yeah...some "study" made some ridiculous conclusion using made up "Factors" without any actual evidence

and i have no dog in this race, i would hope that surgeons are the smartest among us, but lol @ an AVG 200+ "IQ" no matter how you come up with it

Ummm...ok.

look up the website this came from

no wonder you are so married to this study...it comes naturally to you

6 days ago
11/20/13
In Limbo -
EFM -

yeah

unbelievable

as if that means anything when the article is based on shat

No one is saying that. At best, you have me pointing out how implusive you are running to OG to comment on something you didn't even bother to read. Quit lashing out because you made a mistake. It's not my fault.

6 days ago
6/13/03
In Limbo -
saglv -
scrapdo - 
EFM -

/ backfire

kkksacs revenge strikes again

6 days ago
11/20/13
In Limbo -
saglv -
scrapdo - 
EFM -

/ backfire

I think the study is bullshit. Man, you really don't take the time to think anything through. You just run off whatever feels riught at the time. Sorry you feel the need to act this way.

6 days ago
11/20/13
In Limbo -
ksacs revenge -
In Limbo -
ksacs revenge -
In Limbo -
ksacs revenge -
In Limbo -

my bad

Ummm...ok.

Where did you even get the idea that I favor this study? Really? Where?

6 days ago
5/30/05
129. Machinist 96.2

How many people above 129 can program and set up a 7 axis Swiss lathe? lol
6 days ago
1/25/04
In Limbo - 
ksacs revenge -
In Limbo -
ksacs revenge -
In Limbo -
ksacs revenge -
In Limbo -

my bad

Ummm...ok.

Don't worry, even with his fictitious IQ bonus power boost, he's still a few points shy of your IQ level.

Edited: 6 days ago
4/13/12

hey guys, lets not fight.  we all agree it's a dumb article.

i think JC just wanted to see how much shit he could stir up with a bogus study.

6 days ago
11/17/10
ksacs revenge -
In Limbo -
saglv -
scrapdo - 
EFM -

/ backfire

I think the study is bullshit. Man, you really don't take the time to think anything through. You just run off whatever feels riught at the time. Sorry you feel the need to act this way.

lol @ your tuck after realizing you played yourself

DOH!

6 days ago
11/20/13

I guess no one actually wants to read the article, they just want to see where they are on the list so they can be outraged or feel superior.

6 days ago
11/20/13
In Limbo -
ksacs revenge -
In Limbo -
saglv -
scrapdo - 
EFM -

/ backfire

lol @ your tuck after realizing you played yourself

DOH!

Ok buddy, you're obviously completely insane.

6 days ago
11/20/13
EFM -

hey guys, lets not fight.  we all agree it's a dumb article.

i think JC just wanted to see how much shit he could stir up with a bogus study.

I guess I don't. Or at least that's what I'm told.

11/20/13
Jack Carter -
In Limbo - 
ksacs revenge -
In Limbo -
ksacs revenge -
In Limbo -
ksacs revenge -
In Limbo -

my bad

Ummm...ok.

Don't worry, even with his fictitious IQ bonus power boost, he's still a few points shy of your IQ level.

This is a guy who thought the list was real, In Limbo. Have at it.

By the way, the +30 IQ was the difference between 200 and 230, the numbers used the post I responded to. The reason for getting a +30 IQ bonus for reading the article is the realization of where the surgeons got the +30 IQ (and more). Sorry if that was too 100+ IQ range for you guys.

6 days ago
11/20/13

In Limbo, you're posting in the wrong thread. This is the one about IQ. You're welcome.

6 days ago
11/20/13

Look, guy. You came in here feeling all smart becasue you know 230 average IQ is too high. Then I pointed out the article explains where it got the numbers. Then you got butt-hurt. I'm sorry. There's not much else can do beyond apologizing.

6 days ago
11/20/13

Jack, you're welcome to bring your dumbass back here to instead of talking about this shit in another unrelated thread. I'm only suggesting.

6 days ago
11/17/10
ksacs revenge -

Look, guy. You came in here feeling all smart becasue you know 230 average IQ is too high. Then I pointed out the article explains where it got the numbers. Then you got butt-hurt. I'm sorry. There's not much else can do beyond apologizing.

dont lynch me, bro

you found credibility in this study by "readding it"

hahaha

dont hang me from a tree man, just the internet

6 days ago
11/20/13
In Limbo -
ksacs revenge -

dont lynch me, bro

you found credibility in this study by "readding it"

hahaha

dont hang me from a tree man, just the internet

Maybe if you would have read it, you also would have known where the numbers came from. They don't relate to IQ in any meaningful way, but at least you would have known what the 230 meant instead of thinking it meant actual IQ.

6 days ago
1/25/04
ksacs revenge - 

Jack, you're welcome to bring your dumbass back here to instead of talking about this shit in another unrelated thread. I'm only suggesting.

Says the guy who brought up this thread in the other, unrelated thread and got spanked for it by In Limbo.

6 days ago
11/20/13

And the reason you're going after me, instead of Jack Carter, is becasue you have emtional reactions to seeing me post.

6 days ago
11/20/13
Jack Carter -
ksacs revenge - 

Says the guy who brought up this thread in the other, unrelated thread and got spanked for it by In Limbo.

Jack...you actually believed this bullshit. No one should think you have any clue to what you're talking about on anything at all.

10/20/18

At our BJJ school I have legitimately mistaken two “normal” people for mildly retarded and both turned out to be attorneys. 

One guy wore his jockstrap/cup outside his pants. 

The second guy asked in what scenario it would be appropriate to roll at an opponent like we practiced (front rolls during warmups).