5 days ago
12/28/04
I think the list is broken.
5 days ago
11/11/14

Was this study made by surgeons? I'm entertained

5 days ago
5/31/07
Also, being #181 is highly offense to all of the photographic process workers I know
Edited: 5 days ago
4/13/12

that is the dumbest estimation i've ever seen in my life.  the methodology is ridiculous.  it backs into IQ based on income and indexes them both against a paralegal with an iq of 100.  there's nothing scientific about that at all.

"Career Cast recently published a list ranking 200 major occupations from best to worst, as measured by five criteria. One of those is income, displayed as the median earnings in a field plus a small premium based on income growth potential.

While income is positively correlated with IQ, it’s obviously not perfectly so. Nonetheless, the following table estimates average IQ scores by occupation solely on the basis of the Career Cast mid-level income figures. The median salary (of a paralegal assistant) is taken to correspond to an IQ of 100. One standard deviation is assumed to be 15 IQ points:"

5 days ago
3/23/07
ptper - 9. Attorney

16. Nuclear Engineer

Riiiiighhhhhhht

source: unz.com

5 days ago
1/1/01
Physicist is below attorney? lol. This list is useless and dumb.
5 days ago
1/1/01

Is this also the list of people who are most likely to lie about their actual IQ?

5 days ago
8/26/13
ptper - 9. Attorney

16. Nuclear Engineer

Riiiiighhhhhhht

It's pronounce nucular - Homer J. Simpson

5 days ago
1/1/01
160. Roustabout 93.7
5 days ago
1/1/01
Khun Kao - 160. Roustabout 93.7

I think I uh bring that one up a lot........

Edited: 5 days ago
12/10/09
EFM -

that is the dumbest estimation i've ever seen in my life.  the methodology is ridiculous.  it backs into IQ based on income and indexes them both against a paralegal with an iq of 100.  there's nothing scientific about that at all.

"Career Cast recently published a list ranking 200 major occupations from best to worst, as measured by five criteria. One of those is income, displayed as the median earnings in a field plus a small premium based on income growth potential.

While income is positively correlated with IQ, it’s obviously not perfectly so. Nonetheless, the following table estimates average IQ scores by occupation solely on the basis of the Career Cast mid-level income figures. The median salary (of a paralegal assistant) is taken to correspond to an IQ of 100. One standard deviation is assumed to be 15 IQ points:"

This, absolutely ridiculous article. lol

Aparently nearly everyone in this thread didn't even read the first paragraph to see there is no real IQ measurement used, not even self-reported. 

5 days ago
3/23/07
scrapdo - 
EFM -

This, absolutely ridiculous article. lol

What else would you expect from a website run by a holocaust denier?

5 days ago
1/1/01
Surgeons are definitely some of the smartest people on the planet. Most of them will even tell you that! lol
5 days ago
11/20/13
EFM -

Seems that professional OG poster would rank at the bottom of the list, even if it did actually use IQ measurments.

5 days ago
11/17/10

how can the AVERAGE IQ of surgeons be in the 230s when there have only been several confirmed IQs above 200?

5 days ago
11/20/13
In Limbo -

how can the AVERAGE IQ of surgeons be in the 230s when there have only been several confirmed IQs above 200?

They read the article. +30 IQ bonus aftrer doing so.

5 days ago
11/17/10
ksacs revenge -
In Limbo -

i didnt bother to read the article when i saw that initial list, bc i already knew there ahve only been a handful of 200+ IQ recorded scores prior

my bad

5 days ago
4/13/12
In Limbo -

the methodology was arrived at by an imbecile.

5 days ago
11/20/13
In Limbo -
ksacs revenge -
In Limbo -

i didnt bother to read the article when i saw that initial list, bc i already knew there ahve only been a handful of 200+ IQ recorded scores prior

my bad

That's actually why I read the article, to get an explanation. Running to the OG is another...option.

5 days ago
12/17/06

Knifemakers: 7

With a 5 point margin of error

5 days ago
11/17/10
ksacs revenge -
In Limbo -
ksacs revenge -
In Limbo -

my bad

That's actually why I read the article, to get an explanation. Running to the OG is another...option.

yeah...some "study" made some ridiculous conclusion using made up "Factors" without any actual evidence

lol @ any group of people having an AVERAGE 200+ IQ score

regardless of the mental gymnastic methods used to arrive at the "conclusion"

what a nonsense "study", didnt need to read article to come to that conclusion

and i have no dog in this race, i would hope that surgeons are the smartest among us, but lol @ an AVG 200+ "IQ" no matter how you come up with it

5 days ago
6/13/03

99999. IQ list designer