OtherGround Forums BREAKING: LMPD Brett Hankison Charged 3 counts..

27 days ago
8/7/12

So your saying we should make sure to have popcorn and frosty cold adult beverages on hand? 

27 days ago
9/1/04
MojoSoDope - 

That dumb ass lawyer just hyped up the protesters. He got them all riled up and now they are screaming they didn't get justice so no peace

You're assuming that this wasn't his goal. We've been loaded with activist DAs that are actually trying to crash the system. Heck the Minnesota DA blocked the release of the full bodycam video which would have quelled most of the riots before they even happened. We only got to see it because eventually a foreign newspaper payed someone to sneak into the court house in the middle of the night and make a copy. The prosecutor even scheduled the trial for the beginning of riot season next year.

27 days ago
12/13/16

https://dlive.tv/GloomTube

27 days ago
1/12/07

Seems like a crazy timed distraction from Hunter Biden and Ukraine imo.

27 days ago
11/20/12
SpunQ -
uniquetechnique - 
SpunQ -

Can someone explain to me what i missed, what is all this about.

ELI5

cheers.

Policeman charged over Breonna Taylor shooting

US grand jury indicts one police officer over fatal shooting of black woman Breonna Taylor in her home in Kentucky

Right, so the police dun goof'd and they got a payout but people died. What would the protests achieve now? The officer is charged, the family got cash - its a win?

I'm sure you'd think it was a win if it was your family lol.

27 days ago
9/1/04
jcblass - But the police officer was charged, so why would they riot? Did they want a stiffer charge? I am confused. I could understand riots if the Grand Jury decided not to pursue anything. However, that's not the case.

Why is the black community upset (other than their usual destructive ways).

There would have been riots if they came back with anything less than murder charges for every officer involved.

27 days ago
4/9/16

Doesn't the fact that the cops were shot at first nullify any argument of reckless endangerment?  What was their alternative after being shot at? 

27 days ago
4/9/16

Oh so one of the cops actually GOT shot??  Officer Mattingly got shot in the leg??  

27 days ago
11/9/10

They followed procedure and were fired upon. Want the laws regarding no knock warrants changed I’m with you. But that doesn’t mean he deserves to be charged. 

27 days ago
7/29/13
GladiatorGannon -
MojoSoDope - 

That dumb ass lawyer just hyped up the protesters. He got them all riled up and now they are screaming they didn't get justice so no peace

You're assuming that this wasn't his goal. We've been loaded with activist DAs that are actually trying to crash the system. Heck the Minnesota DA blocked the release of the full bodycam video which would have quelled most of the riots before they even happened. We only got to see it because eventually a foreign newspaper payed someone to sneak into the court house in the middle of the night and make a copy. The prosecutor even scheduled the trial for the beginning of riot season next year.

I didn't assume that. He intentionally riled them up. He was saying that it's outrageous after 400 years of suffering that this still happens and that there was no justice and he's seen people charged with more for less. He was trying to piss them off.

27 days ago
4/12/04
uniquetechnique -

Breaking: Former Louisville Metro Police Department Detective Brett Hankison has been charged with three counts of first-degree wanton endangerment by the grand jury in the fatal shooting of Breonna Taylor.

Oh oh, City’s gonna feel the wrath unfortunately maybe later tonight on this

IT BEGINS

27 days ago
1/1/01

Costgrove fired the fatal shot?

27 days ago
8/22/08
Hankinson charged because he went around and fired through sliding glass door and rounds went into apartment next to Taylors apartment.
27 days ago
11/21/19

27 days ago
4/9/16

So now cops are expected to follow rules and procedure in the middle of a gunfight. Got it.  Very reasonable.  

27 days ago
1/1/01

Holy Shit!

Justified!

27 days ago
9/1/04
VinegarStrokes - 

They followed procedure and were fired upon. Want the laws regarding no knock warrants changed I’m with you. But that doesn’t mean he deserves to be charged. 

Ironically, doing an actual no knock entry would have prevented this scenario. They had a "no knock" warrant but decided to knock first instead (the warrant ALLOWS a no knock entry but doesn't mandate it). The initial shooter heard the knocking, got his gun and went to the door. If they would have just went in, this wouldn't have happened.

Edited: 27 days ago
11/17/05

the two officers who fired on boyfriend and accidentally shot breonna were cleared.  a third officer firing through a sliding glass door went into an occupied apartment where three innocents were.  These are basically manslaughter charges.  The Kentucky AG laid out the entire incident as it was found and how the law applied. He then is going on to try and calm the crowd and explaining that the rule of law has been followed, etc. admonishing celebrities and outside agitators. 

27 days ago
1/1/01

This stream showing Protesters about to get stupid.

https://youtu.be/fYCNTg74faQ

27 days ago
1/1/01

Police knocked and announced themselves multiple times. Then they breeches the door and her boyfriend shot the cop so cops returned fire. They were both standing in the hallway. (She was not innocently sleeping as has been the narrative). Totally justified use of force. 
So why did the city give her family millions of dollars?

27 days ago
7/29/13

The national guard just pulled up

27 days ago
9/1/04
MojoSoDope - 
GladiatorGannon -
MojoSoDope - 

I didn't assume that. He intentionally riled them up. He was saying that it's outrageous after 400 years of suffering that this still happens and that there was no justice and he's seen people charged with more for less. He was trying to piss them off.

My apologies, I was referring to your comment calling him a dumbass. He would be a dumbass if he wanted peace and safety. I he wants this response, it's a clever move.

27 days ago
7/3/06

It is crazy how misinformed people are on this case and now there is most likely going to be riots by a bunch of idiots who believe the initial story. 

27 days ago
1/1/01

And another stream showing Protesters in Kentucky. Crowd gets bigger and bigger

27 days ago
9/1/04

The timing on this is rather strange. The announcement was supposed to come out days ago. I wonder if the grand jury initially came up with a no bill, and were convinced to change it by the threat of more intense rioting?