OtherGround Forums BREAKING: LMPD Brett Hankison Charged 3 counts..

27 days ago
1/1/01
GladiatorGannon - 

The timing on this is rather strange. The announcement was supposed to come out days ago. I wonder if the grand jury initially came up with a no bill, and were convinced to change it by the threat of more intense rioting?

What is a "no bill"?

27 days ago
1/1/01
baj54 - 

So your saying we should make sure to have popcorn and frosty cold adult beverages on hand? 

I remember when the rioting started after the George Floyd incident and looking forward to the Saturday night because I figured law enforcement had time to get ready at that point to quell the violence and was looking forward to those images.  Literally had popcorn on the couch looking forward to what the television was going to show me.

Fuck I was stupid.

27 days ago
12/10/09
Samoa -
baj54 - 

So your saying we should make sure to have popcorn and frosty cold adult beverages on hand? 

I remember when the rioting started after the George Floyd incident and looking forward to the Saturday night because I figured law enforcement had time to get ready at that point to quell the violence and was looking forward to those images.  Literally had popcorn on the couch looking forward to what the television was going to show me.

Fuck I was stupid.

27 days ago
1/1/01
scrapdo - 
Samoa -
baj54 - 

Fuck I was stupid.

Geez, I spend way too much time explaining to Samoans that they are watching a reality show where drama is manufactured.

27 days ago
12/23/08
strict9 -

It is crazy how misinformed people are on this case and now there is most likely going to be riots by a bunch of idiots who believe the initial story. 

Any links on legit info about everything?

Don’t really know much about it, except I saw someone in a thread saying the Hulu special was BS

27 days ago
1/1/01

In for the domestic terrorist peaceful protests! 

27 days ago
9/13/08
Supposedly they're legit handing guns out of a UHaul to protesters.
27 days ago
12/10/09
Samoa -
scrapdo - 
Samoa -
baj54 - 

Fuck I was stupid.

Geez, I spend way too much time explaining to Samoans that they are watching a reality show where drama is manufactured.

It’s not your fault they found a legitimate retard to represent and entire island. 

27 days ago
7/15/04

27 days ago
1/1/01

Once again the bullshit narrative pushed by the left fails. This is why a jury system is so important. 

27 days ago
1/1/01
saglv -
uniquetechnique - 

Because the officers did not shoot first — it was the young woman’s boyfriend who opened fire; he has said he mistook the police for intruders — many legal experts had thought it unlikely the officers would be indicted in her death.

Ms. Taylor’s name and image have become part of a national movement over racial injustice, with celebrities writing open letters and erecting billboards demanding that the white officers be criminally charged for the death of a young Black woman. City and state officials feared that a grand jury decision not to prosecute the officers would inflame a city that has been roiled by demonstrations that have sometimes turned violent.

This is why no-knock warrants for most situations are a terrible idea.

If you break into my house violently and without warning and don't identify yourself or I somehow didn't hear you, I can easily see this happening to me.

According to the AG and witnesses they did knock and identified themselves for almost two minutes 

27 days ago
2/4/06
Samoa -
GladiatorGannon - 

The timing on this is rather strange. The announcement was supposed to come out days ago. I wonder if the grand jury initially came up with a no bill, and were convinced to change it by the threat of more intense rioting?

What is a "no bill"?

Basically saying there isn't enough evidence to charge. Gannon is wondering if the Grand Jury didn't want to move forward with any of the charges, but we talked into throwing the rioters a bone.

27 days ago
1/1/01
Ebony - 
Samoa -
GladiatorGannon - 

What is a "no bill"?

Basically saying there isn't enough evidence to charge. Gannon is wondering if the Grand Jury didn't want to move forward with any of the charges, but we talked into throwing the rioters a bone.

Ah.  I definitely understood the rest of his post, just wasn't sure what a "no bill" was.  Learnin' me.

27 days ago
7/29/13
2mmafreaks -
saglv -
uniquetechnique - 

Because the officers did not shoot first — it was the young woman’s boyfriend who opened fire; he has said he mistook the police for intruders — many legal experts had thought it unlikely the officers would be indicted in her death.

Ms. Taylor’s name and image have become part of a national movement over racial injustice, with celebrities writing open letters and erecting billboards demanding that the white officers be criminally charged for the death of a young Black woman. City and state officials feared that a grand jury decision not to prosecute the officers would inflame a city that has been roiled by demonstrations that have sometimes turned violent.

If you break into my house violently and without warning and don't identify yourself or I somehow didn't hear you, I can easily see this happening to me.

According to the AG and witnesses they did knock and identified themselves for almost two minutes 

The guy in the house even admitted they knocked. They 100% knew it was the police at the door. 

27 days ago
11/15/04
eubie5 - 
Corn Pop -
GladiatorGannon - 
jcblass - But the police officer was charged, so why would they riot? Did they want a stiffer charge? I am confused. I could understand riots if the Grand Jury decided not to pursue anything. However, that's not the case.

Why is the black community upset (other than their usual destructive ways).

There would have been riots if they came back with anything less than murder charges for every officer involved.

There would be riots if he was charged with murder 1, just like with Chauvin and Floyd. Nothing is ever enough.

That’s why I don’t get this whole movement and don’t see an end. They don’t know what they want. I still see “Justice for George Floyd” stickers on helmets and on NBA apparel. The officer was immediately fired, arrested, and charged with murder. That’s the definition of justice. There’s literally nothing else that can be done at this point.

BLm is all over the NFL, yet Kaepernick is bitching it’s not enough or it’s fake.

It’ll never be enough.

Many protesters/rioters aren't there for Floyd or Taylor. They are there just for anarchy and to fuck shit up 

Wrong. A large percent are out to be heard and a small percent to fuck shit up. After curfew is when that flips around and you see the destruction begin. When I went to protest in Oakland this year, it was very organized and if people got out of line then they were dealt with quick. Everyone there is to show support and then go home safe. After curfew it's a shit show and needs to be squashed by police and the National Guard.

I believe that as soon as curfew starts they need to have a plan to disperse the crowd in a safe manner and make arrest to the people that don't leave. Have enough police to make as many arrest as it takes to get people to go home.
27 days ago
1/13/04
JoMi - 
eubie5 - 
Corn Pop -
GladiatorGannon - 
jcblass - But the police officer was charged, so why would they riot? Did they want a stiffer charge? I am confused. I could understand riots if the Grand Jury decided not to pursue anything. However, that's not the case.

There would have been riots if they came back with anything less than murder charges for every officer involved.

There would be riots if he was charged with murder 1, just like with Chauvin and Floyd. Nothing is ever enough.

That’s why I don’t get this whole movement and don’t see an end. They don’t know what they want. I still see “Justice for George Floyd” stickers on helmets and on NBA apparel. The officer was immediately fired, arrested, and charged with murder. That’s the definition of justice. There’s literally nothing else that can be done at this point.

BLm is all over the NFL, yet Kaepernick is bitching it’s not enough or it’s fake.

It’ll never be enough.

Many protesters/rioters aren't there for Floyd or Taylor. They are there just for anarchy and to fuck shit up 

Wrong. A large percent are out to be heard and a small percent to fuck shit up. After curfew is when that flips around and you see the destruction begin. When I went to protest in Oakland this year, it was very organized and if people got out of line then they were dealt with quick. Everyone there is to show support and then go home safe. After curfew it's a shit show and needs to be squashed by police and the National Guard.

I believe that as soon as curfew starts they need to have a plan to disperse the crowd in a safe manner and make arrest to the people that don't leave. Have enough police to make as many arrest as it takes to get people to go home.

Curious what you were protesting (honest question)?

27 days ago
7/3/06
uniquetechnique -
saglv -
uniquetechnique - 

I agree. I’m almost certain this will change in a lot of departments.

They did knock on this Warrant though. A no knock Warrant might have saved her life because they might have had time to react. 

27 days ago
1/1/01
Mutant -

Lol. Yea I’m getting the popcorn , beer, Popeyes Chicken all ready. 

27 days ago
1/13/04
uniquetechnique - 
Mutant -

Popeyes Chicken? Let me guess, watermelon for dessert?

Heeeehooooooooooooo

27 days ago
1/7/10
GladiatorGannon -
VinegarStrokes - 

They followed procedure and were fired upon. Want the laws regarding no knock warrants changed I’m with you. But that doesn’t mean he deserves to be charged. 

Ironically, doing an actual no knock entry would have prevented this scenario. They had a "no knock" warrant but decided to knock first instead (the warrant ALLOWS a no knock entry but doesn't mandate it). The initial shooter heard the knocking, got his gun and went to the door. If they would have just went in, this wouldn't have happened.

I usually agree with you but here I don't. A lot of my friends and family sleep with a pistol on the night stand. If they here someone breaking down the door at night they are 100% sending rounds down range. The dumb ass boyfriend that didn't respond except with shooting is the reason this happened. No more and no less.

27 days ago
1/1/01
strict9 -
uniquetechnique -
saglv -
uniquetechnique - 

I agree. I’m almost certain this will change in a lot of departments.

They did knock on this Warrant though. A no knock Warrant might have saved her life because they might have had time to react. 

Yea I heard this just about 30 minutes ago because of the witness that lived the next apartment over. There were also reports about a dozen people that say they didn’t identify theirselves verbally. 

27 days ago
2/19/14
JoMi -
eubie5 - 
Corn Pop -
GladiatorGannon - 

It’ll never be enough.

Where did i say "most"?

There are plenty of people walking in the day, who stay after nightfall 

I definitely understand the difference between peaceful protest and the rioters. And there's definitely people that do both.

On a completely different subject, it's hilarious to hear a local reporter, walking with the protesters, sucking wind while trying to do interviews.

27 days ago
1/1/01
eubie5 - 
Samoa -
ShortElbowInTheClinch - 

So now cops are expected to follow rules and procedure in the middle of a gunfight. Got it.  Very reasonable.  

Were there shots fired from inside?  Or was it just police firing inside FROM the outside?

2 cops breached the front door, with mattingly entering 1st. See the 2 standing at the end of the hall, with walker pointing a 9mm at him.

Walker fired 1st, and hit mattingly in the leg, and he returned fire

The officer who was charged stayed outside and fired blindly though a door and window, with several rounds going into the next apt with 3 occupants

Thanks, I haven't been following this closely at all.  Was Breonna in that next apartment?  Or was she in the hallway behind Walker (suspect)?

27 days ago
8/11/12
JoMi -
eubie5 - 
Corn Pop -
GladiatorGannon - 

It’ll never be enough.

My cock and balls, most if not all of the people at these protests are fucking losers that are lazy and just want to fuck shit up so everyone can be as miserable as them. Why don't you just get a job and then maybe a nice girlfriend? Life isn't call of duty kiddo, work a full time job for a year, pay some bills, fuck a few girls, then we'll see if you'll still want to protest or not. Wtf are you protesting exactly?

27 days ago
1/1/01
Graduate1 -
uniquetechnique - 
Mutant -

Popeyes Chicken? Let me guess, watermelon for dessert?

Heeeehooooooooooooo

Fuck you Racist!

Its grapes and grape soda we’re having