OtherGround Forums Ballers tv series...any good?

4 days ago
9/27/15
With the Rock Dwayne Johnson..I need a new series to get into..is this one worth it?
4 days ago
10/16/16

It used to be. The first few seasons are worth it. 

4 days ago
1/1/01
It's black Entourage.
4 days ago
8/29/08

Episodes are so short. 

4 days ago
2/5/05
FG_Gall -

Every season erodes a little. It’s not great but it’s not terrible. 

4 days ago
3/16/18
FG_Gall -

This. The last two season are just about how cool, and awesome, and amazing, and sexy, and bad ass the Rock is. It use to be about football but now it’s a 30 minute commercial for the Rock. I tried to get through last season and did. But this season with him wanting to be an Owner. GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE WITH THAT TRASH. 

4 days ago
4/30/03

First two seasons are good but it’s played out now

4 days ago
10/27/10

Its fucking hilarious. Especially rob corddry. It's nothing but dumb fun with lots of hot ass spread throughout. Very similar to entourage 

4 days ago
1/1/01
clattymine -
FG_Gall -

This season is doing well so far.  It looks like Spence and Joe are going to be mad at each other until they kiss and make up so they can run the Chiefs together.

Charles’ wife is no longer hot, imo.  

The old rich white fucker bros are way more like-able this season.

4 days ago
9/27/15
I read it gets into political storylines in season 4? Ugh I'll watch up until then
4 days ago
1/1/01
phydeau - It's black Entourage.

nailed it.

It's alright. I wouldn't say it is a must see, but I wouldn't say it would be a waste of your time either.
4 days ago
4/13/12

Its gone straight down hill.  First season was very good, now i watch because im invested 

4 days ago
1/1/01
ons ear - I read it gets into political storylines in season 4? Ugh I'll watch up until then

There are some super cringe scenes when they go full black lives matter.  A couple times it was so bad I couldn’t tell if it was intentional satire or just trying way too hard.

4 days ago
4/19/09

ts fun and enjoyable.

3 days ago
10/27/10
White347LX -
clattymine -
FG_Gall -

This season is doing well so far.  It looks like Spence and Joe are going to be mad at each other until they kiss and make up so they can run the Chiefs together.

How is charles wife no longer hot? I missed season 4 =/

3 days ago
1/1/01
It's a background show for me. It's really not bad, but they should have pruned some characters a long time ago or maybe spun them off into their own show. Like the guy who's the GM of the Rams - Ok, I don't really buy that he would be in that position - but that's a meaty character who could have his own show. I mean, he's the fucking GM of an NFL team and he's barely on screen.

In the meantime I really don't get what happened with Spencer between the end of the last season and the beginning of this one, and they're not really filling in any of the gaps. At the end of last season everything was falling apart, and it seemed like Spencer had some plan to "sting" the NCAA, and then at the beginning of this season he's super rich and retired, with no mention of the NCAA? What happened?
3 days ago
1/1/01
Rhymenoceros - It's a background show for me. It's really not bad, but they should have pruned some characters a long time ago or maybe spun them off into their own show. Like the guy who's the GM of the Rams - Ok, I don't really buy that he would be in that position - but that's a meaty character who could have his own show. I mean, he's the fucking GM of an NFL team and he's barely on screen.

In the meantime I really don't get what happened with Spencer between the end of the last season and the beginning of this one, and they're not really filling in any of the gaps. At the end of last season everything was falling apart, and it seemed like Spencer had some plan to "sting" the NCAA, and then at the beginning of this season he's super rich and retired, with no mention of the NCAA? What happened?

Yes, last year we had him get screwed out of the Raiders deal, literally thrown in jail by OSU and swearing to tear down the whole NCAA.  Now this year he’s been offered to buy the chiefs and he hates the only guy who can satisfy the investors, his former best friend Joe.

I clearly missed something or these clips they’re showing of spencer giving some kind of personal  interview are part of an upcoming plot twist that explains the missing storylines.

3 days ago
1/1/01
Juggernautt -
White347LX -
clattymine -
FG_Gall -

How is charles wife no longer hot? I missed season 4 =/

She’s giant preggo.

3 days ago
1/1/01

This season is pure shit.

3 days ago
1/1/01
White347LX - 
Rhymenoceros - It's a background show for me. It's really not bad, but they should have pruned some characters a long time ago or maybe spun them off into their own show. Like the guy who's the GM of the Rams - Ok, I don't really buy that he would be in that position - but that's a meaty character who could have his own show. I mean, he's the fucking GM of an NFL team and he's barely on screen.

Yes, last year we had him get screwed out of the Raiders deal, literally thrown in jail by OSU and swearing to tear down the whole NCAA.  Now this year he’s been offered to buy the chiefs and he hates the only guy who can satisfy the investors, his former best friend Joe.

I clearly missed something or these clips they’re showing of spencer giving some kind of personal  interview are part of an upcoming plot twist that explains the missing storylines.

Goddamn, I'm glad I'm not the only one. My wife and I started watching the first episode and we were both convinced that we had missed an entire season.
3 days ago
2/16/09
garbage
Edited: 3 days ago
4/13/12

i dont' really get how any of those guys achieved the positions they did from where the show started.  a lot of it makes no sense which is really what lost me.  spencer goes from a starving financial planner to buying an entire firm in season 1 or two and then on to a dude buying a fucking NFL team by season 4?  are you kidding me?

3 days ago
1/1/01
I find it entertaining. But the acting is TRASH. Like I can't believe how bad every actor is.

But I watch every ep.
3 days ago
12/9/13

first two seasons, after that it crashed, now its a drama show

3 days ago
12/2/05
Also agree I didn't get where they were at the beginning of the season. I must have forgotten how it ended.