OtherGround Forums Beating Bitterness by Joel Osteen

30 days ago
1/1/01

Get a jet.

Bitterness disadisappeabove 30,000 feet.

30 days ago
9/27/15

He is a vampire

30 days ago
12/4/18
CRE -

You can't beat Father Time though.

Sounds like a Brendon Schlob quote 

30 days ago
2/15/13
MagicMark -
HotSteppa -
tajmills - Can't understand why anyone would listen to that charlatan..

How is he a charlatan?

Il explain ... 

He is a pastor of a church that is bible based.  

Yet his teachings conflict with the word of god. He preaches inner strength and the law of attraction,  which is a big no no to what the bible says. His message isn't bad or wrong.  The problem is he's using the church and it's people to make money and run a motivational business tax free.   He cons morons into giving money for god, and he doesn't believe or teach the word of god. 

Yeah this guy is dead on. The issue isn’t that he is rich mega church televangelist, it’s that he very controversially figure within the Protestant religion and amongst Protestant preachers and theologians 

30 days ago
3/14/08
MagicMark -
HotSteppa -

How is he a charlatan?

Il explain ... 

Yet his teachings conflict with the word of god. He preaches inner strength and the law of attraction,  which is a big no no to what the bible says. His message isn't bad or wrong.  The problem is he's using the church and it's people to make money and run a motivational business tax free.   He cons morons into giving money for god, and he doesn't believe or teach the word of god. 

Every church is used to make money lmao. 

How is inner streangth and laws of attraction both no no’s? If your a believer you should believe in positive energy and your inner God given strength and Power lol.  Your not suppose to say “hey God, take care of this for me, I don’t have time” 

30 days ago
3/17/14
JessDogg -
MagicMark -
HotSteppa -

How is he a charlatan?

Il explain ... 

Every church is used to make money lmao. 

How is inner streangth and laws of attraction both no no’s? If your a believer you should believe in positive energy and your inner God given strength and Power lol.  Your not suppose to say “hey God, take care of this for me, I don’t have time” 

If the church itself if making money and that money is reused for the items the church needs like repairs then it's totally fine. 

However JO uses his time while preaching to sell his books that he personally gains financially from. While the church is a non profit, he used the church as a platform to profit himself directly. That is a no-no.

30 days ago
11/9/15

Turning away flood victims by Joel Osteen

29 days ago
12/4/08
TheBearStare -

LOL! I looooovvveee youuuuuuu!!!

29 days ago
11/9/17
tajmills - Can't understand why anyone would listen to that charlatan..

lol... Religion is the biggest farce ever! That guy and everyone like him make a killing off people being so gullible. 

29 days ago
5/22/05
He'd be a muslim if it paid better.
29 days ago
3/17/14
banco - He'd be a muslim if it paid better.

Well I hear its retirement plan promises more pussy.....

29 days ago
5/12/03
BruteDion -
banco - He'd be a muslim if it paid better.

Well I hear its retirement plan promises more pussy.....

And more raisins. 

28 days ago
1/23/06
Good video for the soon to be 30 crowd..lol
28 days ago
3/28/10
tajmills - Can't understand why anyone would listen to that charlatan..

Edited: 28 days ago
12/18/03
UGPTT_Rear Naked Chode -

I probably wouldn't be bitter if I had a private jet.

Yet, those preachers are always trying to out do each other. 

One gets a G6 and next thing you know all the others are raising donations towards lease a G7 (or whatever the better jet is). 

In the name of the lord, of course. 

28 days ago
1/1/01
HotSteppa - 

How is he a charlatan?

It pretty much told you all you needed to know about him when he turned away all the people in need of someplace to stay in Houston during the flooding.  Can't have a bunch of drowing people getting his nice minstry colloseum carpet wet!  It's gotta look good when he gets on TV and begs for money.

28 days ago
1/1/01
Soup and Beer - 
HotSteppa - 

How is he a charlatan?

It pretty much told you all you needed to know about him when he turned away all the people in need of someplace to stay in Houston during the flooding.  Can't have a bunch of drowing people getting his nice minstry colloseum carpet wet!  It's gotta look good when he gets on TV and begs for money.

I thought it was actually reported that the reason why he turned people away was because the church actually was flooded, too? That it made it unfit for shelter?

Or was that just his attempt at an excuse? I didn't really pay attention, tbh
28 days ago
10/27/03
ons ear -
mongrel 911 - 

This desert frog makes more sense than this hoodoo POS!

How does that thing survive for longer than 2 months without getting eaten?

Cause nothing wants to eat that weird little freak

27 days ago
3/17/14
Khun Kao -
Soup and Beer - 
HotSteppa - 

How is he a charlatan?

I thought it was actually reported that the reason why he turned people away was because the church actually was flooded, too? That it made it unfit for shelter?

Or was that just his attempt at an excuse? I didn't really pay attention, tbh

That was his (or his peoples) attempt to not allow people in.

Others got mad and went to the church and took pictures, proving it was not flooded. Turns out the church or someone from the church posted photos of another time it flooded to say this time it was flooded aswell, which was a lie. 

After all the outrage they finally let people in but told them they could only stay until they find shelter somewhere else or recommended they find shelter somewhere else.

To cap it off, a news crew went down to the church after everyone was let in and they interviewed JO. He was visible bothered with all the people being there according to many who seen the interview, including myself.

27 days ago
8/15/14

That is a grade A muthafucka, muthafucka.

27 days ago
4/1/14

Thanks OP, great message.

26 days ago
1/23/13
Didn't watch the full thing. Lemme guess, Jesus is the answer?
26 days ago
3/18/02

You could finance a major charity, feed tons of hungry people, or.....have a house with 900 rooms!  LMFAO @ anyone who takes these frauds seriously.  Greeeee-heee-seey!

26 days ago
1/3/18

25 days ago
3/15/15
MagicMark -
HotSteppa -

How is he a charlatan?

Il explain ... 

Thanks, I've heard the name, but never have listened to him.