OtherGround Forums Bet he won't be grabbing anyone's phone again.

2 days ago
8/22/13

Seeing your penchant for wasting time and embarrassing yourself im sure you'd try lol

2 days ago
11/5/19
Jed - Angryinch, why do you have such hatred for cops?

It’s always the low life scumbags who have a huge problem, because they’re always getting arrested, have nothing going for them and never will, and need someone to blame. They’re always the victim, and everyone, especially cops are out to get them, and pick on them
2 days ago
3/14/04
Tight Butthole - 
angryinch -
Tight Butthole - 
MrSmokalotapotamus -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
MrSmokalotapotamus -

If you put your phone in someone's face you deserve to get your phone smashed.

If you assault someone and destroy their property you deserve to get KTFO. 

Agreed 

Assault. Thats a laugh. Get ready for another assault - you ladies are idiots. 

Really?  Walk up to a cop and snatch something out of his hands and throw it on the ground trying to break it.  Come back here and let us know what happened to you and what you got charged with.  Go ahead, do it. 

You can not compare the two. If I snatch something you bring within a foot of my face out of your hands and toss it, and you try and charge me with assault, you will have wasted a lot of time embarrasing yourself for nothing. 

Again, try that with a cop and let me know how it works out for you.

Oh, and I already explained why this particular situation was entirely and completely different from the random situation you're describing.  This was a protest and the cops know going into it that there will be people getting close to them, sometimes nose to nose, yelling at them, etc... This is all legally protected free speech, under the constitution.

However, this guy did not get nose to nose, did not yell at him, at least not at that moment, and did NOT, for the thousandth fucking time, go up to the cop's face.  He wasn't even looking at the cop's face. He wasn't posturing in a threatening way, nothing, just taking a pic of the cop's badge.  Nothing the guy did was illegal.  The cop 100% escalated the situation by assaulting and robbing him and breaking, or trying to break his phone. 

BTW, I've already posted the legal definitions of assault and also of robbery.  What the cop did falls under the definitions of both of them. 

Or did you not read them, or maybe are just ignoring them because they're inconvient to your desired narrative?

2 days ago
1/27/14
Jed - Angryinch, why do you have such hatred for cops?

Why do you have such a hatred for the constitution? Do you ever get tired of licking boots?

2 days ago
1/1/01
Angryinch, calm down dude. I will never say all cops are good. I’m just saying that in that situation that you don’t just walk on a cop and get in his space. The big goof was in the wrong and I hope he does hard time for doing that.
2 days ago
3/14/04
Tight Butthole - 

Seeing your penchant for wasting time and embarrassing yourself im sure you'd try lol

I've backed up everything I've said, including posting the relevant laws and crimes I'm saying the cop committed.  The ONLY questionable or debatable thing I've said was the armed robbery part.  I'll agree that that's debatable.  But I've posted the statutes for assault and robbery and what the cop did absolutely falls under those definitions.

So tell me again, how have I embarrassed myself?

2 days ago
1/1/01
Who pulled your chain OpenUp? Shut the fuck up. Me and angryinch are having a discussion.
2 days ago
3/14/04
Jed - Angryinch, calm down dude. I will never say all cops are good. I’m just saying that in that situation that you don’t just walk on a cop and get in his space. The big goof was in the wrong and I hope he does hard time for doing that.

And I already pointed out that in a crowded protest, there is no fucking personal space and the cop and everyone there damn well knows it.  It's the cop's JOB  in that situation to keep his cool when people are getting close to him, some, again, nose to nose, some yelling at him and insulting him, probably hundreds of the filming him, etc...

This cop simply wasn't cut out for the job and should be flipping burgers. 

Given how our justice system operates, I doubt the cop will get hard time for it although if the value of the phone was over, I think it's $950, he certainly could do some time.  But as we all know damn well, the system is corrupt and enables corrupt cops who break the law so most likely not a damn thing will happen to him. 

I fully expect the guy the cop assaulted to bear the brunt of the legal system, as again, it is designed to shield and protect abusive and corrupt cops. 

And yes, the guy's response was a little over the top, but as many here have already pointed out, next time a cop gets close to you and he's holding his phone, snatch his phone out of his hand and try to break it on the ground and let me know how that turns out.  I expect you will be on the receiving end of a wood shampoo, a "rough ride", and charges of assault, robbery, and whatever else they can think of throwing at you.

2 days ago
1/1/01
Oh well, I guess we can agree to disagree. I still think that if someone walked up on you and got a few inches from you, you would not like it very much. I think it would be instinctively for me to put my hands up and push the dude back.
2 days ago
7/31/09

People that stick their phones in peoples faces deserve to be curb stomped.

2 days ago
3/14/04
Jed - Oh well, I guess we can agree to disagree. I still think that if someone walked up on you and got a few inches from you, you would not like it very much. I think it would be instinctively for me to put my hands up and push the dude back.

I think it would be instinctively for me to put my hands up and push the dude back.

Quite different from what the cop actually did, isn't it?

And again, situational context.  Not sure why you're not understanding it.  Ever been to Disney World?  Ever gone in the Haunted Mansion ride?  Remember the small room they first pack people into?  You're usually standing about 3 inches from someone else, on all sides of you.  I've been on that ride at least 20 times.  I've yet to assault someone in it. 

Situational context. 

If my job is crowd control in a large crowd, which I've also done, including in professional boxing and MMA events in which I've had to keep groups of people from jumping into the ring after a heated fight, I'd accept people 3 inches from me and wouldn't have a fit and assault and rob the first person who got close to me. 

Again, situational context.  It makes a big difference.  Don't you think?

2 days ago
3/23/06
angryinch -

Before everyone starts reeeeeeeing, what would happen if a regular person did that to a cop who was holding a phone?

Dude this is so weak.  You used to be a good troll.  What happened?

2 days ago
3/14/04
Kings21 - 

People that stick their phones in peoples faces deserve to be curb stomped.

Can you point me to the time stamp in the vid where anyone sticks a phone in the cop's face?  I've watched the vid very closely looking for that moment and haven't found it yet.  If you could give me the exact time stamp that would be a big help.  Thanks. 

2 days ago
1/1/01
Whatever. Don’t you live in San Diego? My son lives there. Next time I come out we can meet up and I’ll buy you a beer. I haven’t been out there yet this year because of all this Covid shit but I hope to later this year. Deal?
2 days ago
3/25/19
Jed - Oh well, I guess we can agree to disagree. I still think that if someone walked up on you and got a few inches from you, you would not like it very much. I think it would be instinctively for me to put my hands up and push the dude back.

I like you Jed. You seem like you're probably the coolest cat on this site. Just fyi

2 days ago
3/14/04
Jed - Whatever. Don’t you live in San Diego? My son lives there. Next time I come out we can meet up and I’ll buy you a beer. I haven’t been out there yet this year because of all this Covid shit but I hope to later this year. Deal?

I go back and forth between a couple of different cities. 

2 days ago
1/1/01
Thanks Kirick Jr. Likewise.
2 days ago
10/31/07

Filming someone in public is a right, it’s protected, however I don’t think you should be allowed to walk up and stick your camera/phone in someone’s face. Just like flipping someone off isn’t illegal but if you run up and stick your hand in my face I’m going to perceive that as a threat and defend myself. Either way getting your camera thrown also doesn’t give you permission to punch someone. Now if you were filming someone and they approached you and got in your face and grabbed your phone I think you should be able to defend yourself. The fact that this dude approached the cop and not the other way around is the only reason I lean towards the cop here. 

2 days ago
4/15/16

The cop had absolutely no right to grab and throw his phone. This is yet another case of a person that may not have the patience it professionalism to be a cop.

That said, the guy today punched the cop should be arrested and charged with aggravated assault on a peace officer.

2 days ago
3/14/04
NineFightFour - 

Filming someone in public is a right, it’s protected, however I don’t think you should be allowed to walk up and stick your camera/phone in someone’s face. Just like flipping someone off isn’t illegal but if you run up and stick your hand in my face I’m going to perceive that as a threat and defend myself. Either way getting your camera thrown also doesn’t give you permission to punch someone. Now if you were filming someone and they approached you and got in your face and grabbed your phone I think you should be able to defend yourself. The fact that this dude approached the cop and not the other way around is the only reason I lean towards the cop here. 

Can you point me to the time stamp in the vid where anyone sticks a phone in the cop's face?  I've watched the vid very closely looking for that moment and haven't found it yet.  If you could give me the exact time stamp that would be a big help.  Thanks.

2 days ago
3/14/04
Hashtag - 

The cop had absolutely no right to grab and throw his phone. This is yet another case of a person that may not have the patience it professionalism to be a cop.

That said, the guy today punched the cop should be arrested and charged with aggravated assault on a peace officer.

A reasonable position, as long as you agree that the cop should also be charged with the crimes he committed.  I posted the relevant California statutes and at the very least, what he did meets the requirements of assault and possibly robbery.  I didn't check into destruction of private property yet, but that may also apply if he succeeded in breaking the phone.   Would you agree?

Also if the guy who hit the cop were charged with aggravated assault, what is the aggravating factor?

2 days ago
4/11/08
Nice shot and well deserved. Grab someones shit, get KO'd.

Fair play.
2 days ago
4/11/08
angryinch - 
Hashtag - 

A reasonable position, as long as you agree that the cop should also be charged with the crimes he committed.  I posted the relevant California statutes and at the very least, what he did meets the requirements of assault and possibly robbery.  I didn't check into destruction of private property yet, but that may also apply if he succeeded in breaking the phone.   Would you agree?

Also if the guy who hit the cop were charged with aggravated assault, what is the aggravating factor?

Nah. That's basic self defense.

You are allowed to punch someone if they assault you. The cop assaulted him and stole his property.

Guy should face no charges.
Edited: 2 days ago
3/14/04
hermanitor - 
angryinch - 
Hashtag - 

Nah. That's basic self defense.

You are allowed to punch someone if they assault you. The cop assaulted him and stole his property.

Guy should face no charges.

Also reasonable.  A cop's badge should not afford him any special protections when he illegally assaults and robs someone and destroys their property while on the job (or off the job, for that matter).  As a matter of fact, given a cop's authority and position in society, which they should be honored to have been entrusted with, although few are, the penalties for cops pulling shit like that should be even more severe. 

But I can also see an argument being made that the response was not proportional to the level of the assault. 

That said, I think the guy will be charged and if he doesn't end up pleading down, his lawyer will definitely claim self defense.

And unfortunately, I don't think the cop will be charged at all, which only highlights the reason why I have a problem with our justice system as it relates to abusive and corrupt policing, and with the individual cops who exploit that system to carry out their own ego-driven or sadistic tendencies on society.

2 days ago
10/31/07
angryinch -
NineFightFour - 

I’m not new here so I would never fucking entertain your troll ass. Good day sir.