OtherGround Forums Bet he won't be grabbing anyone's phone again.

Edited: 2 days ago
5/16/08
buddie -
NewEraNik -

Let’s get down to the brass tax here...

that was a helluva punch.

Hope it's worth looking cool to a bunch of losers to warn a nice long prison sentence. Sucker punching is not impressive, its cowardly.  

Is it a sucker punch if you get touched first? If I come up and slap your hand and you punch me, I shouldn't be surprised by your reaction because I touched you first...

2 days ago
5/13/11
burk -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
MrSmokalotapotamus -

If you put your phone in someone's face you deserve to get your phone smashed.

If you assault someone and destroy their property you deserve to get KTFO. 

Does this apply to those that are trying to burn buildings?  I own those buildings...they are my property as a citizen of the USA?  

You property is not always the same as your person in every state. Would depend on where you were and specific laws and circumstances. 

2 days ago
5/13/11
Corn Pop -
burk - 
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
MrSmokalotapotamus -

If you put your phone in someone's face you deserve to get your phone smashed.

If you assault someone and destroy their property you deserve to get KTFO. 

Does this apply to those that are trying to burn buildings?  I own those buildings...they are my property as a citizen of the USA?  

He’ll need to know the race of the assailants and victims before he can answer you

Go away troll. The grown ups are talking. 

2 days ago
5/13/11
buddie -

You disgust me angry inch. While I agree that grabbing the phone was wrong, since when is that any type of a justification for assaulting a police officer? This pos should be thrown in prison.  What's wrong with you?  

The assault started with the cop. 

If this were any random civilian that got pissed someone got that close and did the same, the OG would almost unanimously be "mattserra.jpg" when the douche gets KTFO. Yet because it's a cop, and politically charged, people want to virtue signal and defend the douche(cop). 

2 days ago
5/13/11

I love the hypocrisy of posters regarding "personal space" during protest stand offs. Never has one of these Authoritarian sheep complained about the "personal space" of the actual peaceful protesters getting shoved/gassed/assaulted despite not commiting any crimes. 

2 days ago
5/13/11
adam209 -
buddie -
NewEraNik -

Let’s get down to the brass tax here...

that was a helluva punch.

Hope it's worth looking cool to a bunch of losers to warn a nice long prison sentence. Sucker punching is not impressive, its cowardly.  

Is it a sucker punch if you get touched first? If I come up and slap your hand and you punch me, I shouldn't be surprised by your reaction because I touched you first...

Exactly. 

Full riot gear, assaults first, but somehow it's a "suckered punch" to the bootlickers. 

Yet we can go to the 18yo girl protester in Chicago thread, where she actually DOES get sucker punched by a cop, and the same sheep celebrate and applaud.

2 days ago
1/1/01
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
buddie -

You disgust me angry inch. While I agree that grabbing the phone was wrong, since when is that any type of a justification for assaulting a police officer? This pos should be thrown in prison.  What's wrong with you?  

If this were any random civilian that got pissed someone got that close and did the same, the OG would almost unanimously be "mattserra.jpg" when the douche gets KTFO. Yet because it's a cop, and politically charged, people want to virtue signal and defend the douche(cop). 

The fight probably started in the defendant's mind when he put his hand (and phone) in the officer's face and tried to provoke a response.  The law (and common sense) do not recognize the officer's actions as assault. That doesn't mean I agree with the officer's actions but they did not merit being assaulted. A punch like that is definitely capable of causing death. Yet if his partner shot that guy, hed most certainly be arrested.  If another cop reacted and knocked the guy out, hed also have been arrested and vilified.  

The big picture is that these cities experiencing rioting are exhibiting a major failure in leadership.  The police are being completely fucked over by being used as pawns.  Do you want the police to enforce law and order or not? If not don't put them out there in conditions where it is impossible to achieve any positive outcome.  

2 days ago
4/20/20
Lancifer -

I Support grabbing and throwing and destroying any phone that gets stuck in my face while recording.

I also support savagely beating, all about the face and neck, anyone who does that.

The Wrong guy got KOd in this vid.

And I support you getting ktfo.

2 days ago
3/14/04
buddie - 
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
buddie -

The fight probably started in the defendant's mind when he put his hand (and phone) in the officer's face and tried to provoke a response.  The law (and common sense) do not recognize the officer's actions as assault. That doesn't mean I agree with the officer's actions but they did not merit being assaulted. A punch like that is definitely capable of causing death. Yet if his partner shot that guy, hed most certainly be arrested.  If another cop reacted and knocked the guy out, hed also have been arrested and vilified.  

The big picture is that these cities experiencing rioting are exhibiting a major failure in leadership.  The police are being completely fucked over by being used as pawns.  Do you want the police to enforce law and order or not? If not don't put them out there in conditions where it is impossible to achieve any positive outcome.  

You really are a disgusting human being.  Not only do you disgust me, but you are one of the worst examples of a cop I have ever seen.  You know who lies on police reports all the time?  Disgusting cops like you. 

You know how I know this about you?  Because you're doing it on this very thread, over and fucking over.

Once again you claim that the guy put his hand (and phone in the cop's face to provoke a response.  I'll ask you the same question I've been asking all of the pieces of shit who have surfaced on this thread.  Please provide us with the actual timestamp on the video where the guy is putting his hand, and phone, in the cop's face deliberately trying to provoke a response.  Can you do this?  Seriously, can you?

The video is there for everyone to see.  The guy does NOT, at any point in time, "stick his hand" or anything else "in the cop's face."  The guy CLEARLY has the phone at the cop's chest level, pointing at the cop's badge, not at the cop's face.  He is not sticking ANYTHING in the cop's face.

But you, like a typical lying cop, somehow tries to turn that into "the perpertrator assaulted the officer by placing his hand directly in the officer's face in a threatening manner."

Dude, newsflash, WE CAN ALL SEE THE FUCKING VIDEO!!!  This is not a police report you get to lie on like most of the ones you file.  We all see what happened here! 

So once again, can you give us the timestamp showing what you keep trying to claim? 

5/13/11
buddie -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
buddie -

The law does recognize the officer's actions as assault. Unless you mean because he is an officer he gets some special treatment. 

It is extremely disingenuous to even attempt to argue that the fight started (in anyone's mind) when the guy put the camera up to the officers badge. That is common in filming police actions, and is in no way the start of a "fight". 

3/14/04
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
buddie -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
buddie -

The law does recognize the officer's actions as assault. Unless you mean because he is an officer he gets some special treatment. 

It is extremely disingenuous to even attempt to argue that the fight started (in anyone's mind) when the guy put the camera up to the officers badge. That is common in filming police actions, and is in no way the start of a "fight". 

Here's what keeps pissing me off about this guy and his ilk - he keeps trying to claim that the guy stuck his hand literally "in the cop's face."  Not in front of his badge, but in his face.

That is a lie.  A 100% lie.  Buddie, I believe, is a cop.   This shows the typical cop mentality.  We couldn't ask for a better example right here on this thread.  The cop (buddie) knows the incident is on video. He knows everyone can see it clearly.  Yet despite knowing this, he still can't help himself.  He is compelled to lie about it in a way that paints the incident in the cop's favor rather than how it really happened. 

We're seeing their thought process in action.  Imagine if on a forum in which everyone is seeing the vid, he still lies about it, the lies and bullshit his official police reports must consist of.  It's scary. 

2 days ago
1/1/01
angryinch -

Before everyone starts reeeeeeeing, what would happen if a regular person did that to a cop who was holding a phone?

You are such a fucking loser. 

2 days ago
3/14/04
Fast Pitch - 
angryinch -

Before everyone starts reeeeeeeing, what would happen if a regular person did that to a cop who was holding a phone?

Why?  For posting this?  How many vids are posted here of all kinds of people getting KTFO, fight vids, instant karma vids, etc...?  Why is this one any different?

2 days ago
1/1/01
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
buddie -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
buddie -

No, grabbing someone’s phone is not assault. 

2 days ago
1/1/01
angryinch -
Fast Pitch - 
angryinch -

Why?  For posting this?  How many vids are posted here of all kinds of people getting KTFO, fight vids, instant karma vids, etc...?  Why is this one any different?

Because you gloat that it’s a cop that got hurt. You absolutely despise all cops and you love to see them get fucked up. 

2 days ago
5/13/02
Kirik Jr - 

This is a tough one. Not sure where I fall. Someone walking up and sticking their phone in my face would piss me right off so I can understand the cop. 

But someone fucking up my property would piss me off too. So I also think the cop deserved to get his chin checked. 

I'll call it a push. They both did what they did and everything is ok. 

I like the cut of your jib

2 days ago
5/13/11
angryinch -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
buddie -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
buddie -

Here's what keeps pissing me off about this guy and his ilk - he keeps trying to claim that the guy stuck his hand literally "in the cop's face."  Not in front of his badge, but in his face.

That is a lie.  A 100% lie.  Buddie, I believe, is a cop.   This shows the typical cop mentality.  We couldn't ask for a better example right here on this thread.  The cop (buddie) knows the incident is on video. He knows everyone can see it clearly.  Yet despite knowing this, he still can't help himself.  He is compelled to lie about it in a way that paints the incident in the cop's favor rather than how it really happened. 

We're seeing their thought process in action.  Imagine if on a forum in which everyone is seeing the vid, he still lies about it, the lies and bullshit his official police reports must consist of.  It's scary. 

You've made it very clear already how you feel about them saying "in his face". 

I get that they are using that phrase with hypebole to try and exaggerate the "threat" to passively justify the officer's actions. You likely do too...

Let it go man. Everyone can see why they are doing it. 

2 days ago
5/13/11
Fast Pitch -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
buddie -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
buddie -

Snatching someone's property and throwing it absolutely can be considered assault. You don't even need to physically touch someone for their to be assault. (Which the officer did touch him)

2 days ago
1/27/14
angryinch -
Jump Kick - 

Same people who were excited about the driver who got out and KO’d the naked guy are demonizing this black guy. Only on the OG.

The hypocrisy of the authoritarian right. 

If the guy who got KTFOd hadn't been a cop and was just a regular guy who snatched a phone out of another guy's hand, threw it down, and got KTFO for his troubles, they'd be cheering and screeching like wild monkeys and saying how awesome it was and how great instant karma is.  But since the guy who stole the phone and tried to break it was a cop, he gets a free pass because according to the authoritarians, cops are to be worshipped and a cop acting like a thug is supposed to be worshipped rather than have to deal with the same social consequences anyone else would have to suffer when they acted like a douchebag. 

This forum is full of vids of fights, KOs, instant karma incidents, etc...  and invariably, the collective OG cheers and says the guy on the receiving end got what was coming to him.  But suddenly when it's a cop that gets what's coming to him, suddenly the cop is supposed to be immune from karma. 

Exactly this. Most people treat cops like some kind of quasi divine beings. They are pos like everyone else except they are getting off and hurting people and others applaud them for it 

2 days ago
1/27/14
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Fast Pitch -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
buddie -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
buddie -

Snatching someone's property and throwing it absolutely can be considered assault. You don't even need to physically touch someone for their to be assault. (Which the officer did touch him)

If someone grabbed something from a cop they would be charged with assault. No discussion needed 

2 days ago
3/14/04
OpenedUp - 
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Fast Pitch -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
buddie -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
buddie -

If someone grabbed something from a cop they would be charged with assault. No discussion needed 

Charged with assault, beaten to a bloody pulp, and the OG's badge bunnies would cheer at the beating and say they deserved it for assaulting/touching a cop.   

2 days ago
1/1/01
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
buddie -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
buddie -

Do you know the elements of assault?  Assault requires bodily injury.  Your feelings do not qualify.  

2 days ago
3/14/04
buddie - 
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
buddie -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
buddie -

Do you know the elements of assault?  Assault requires bodily injury.  Your feelings do not qualify.  

lmao

As I've said time and time again on this forum, the absolute worst source you will find for any kind of legal information is a cop.

buddie, thanks for providing such an excellent example. Your posts are the gifts that just keep on giving.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/assault

The definition of assault varies by jurisdiction, but is generally defined as intentionally putting another person in reasonable apprehension of an imminent harmful or offensive contact. Physical injury is not required.

2 days ago
3/14/04

Let's take this further, shall we?  I believe the incident happened in California.  Let's dive into the California definition of assault.

https://www.shouselaw.com/ca/defense/penal-code/240/

California’s assault law, sets out the legal definition of California assault.6

The “elements” of the crime of assault—that is, the things that the prosecutor must prove in order for you to be guilty of this offense—are as follows:

1. You did an act that, by its nature, would probably result directly in the application of force to someone else;
  2. You did that act willfully;
  3. When you acted, you were aware of facts that would lead a reasonable person to believe that the act would directly and probably result in the application of force to that person; and
  4. When you acted, you had the present ability to apply force to that person.7

Let’s delve a bit more deeply into these elements of the crime of assault to better understand their meaning.

Application of force

The definition of “application of force” is any harmful or offensive touching. The slightest touching will count if it is done in a rude or offensive manner.8

A California assault can occur even if the touching involved did not or could not cause any sort of injury. It doesn’t need to be direct either—it can be done indirectly by causing an object to touch the “victim.

2 days ago
3/25/19
theseanster -
Kirik Jr - 

This is a tough one. Not sure where I fall. Someone walking up and sticking their phone in my face would piss me right off so I can understand the cop. 

But someone fucking up my property would piss me off too. So I also think the cop deserved to get his chin checked. 

I'll call it a push. They both did what they did and everything is ok. 

I like the cut of your jib

Hahaha. Well thank you. I'm not as cool as you, but I'm trying!