OtherGround Forums Bet he won't be grabbing anyone's phone again.

2 days ago
12/31/19

So did they catch the puncher?

Edited: 2 days ago
1/1/01
angryinch -
buddie - 
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
buddie -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
buddie -

You disgust me angry inch. While I agree that grabbing the phone was wrong, since when is that any type of a justification for assaulting a police officer? This pos should be thrown in prison.  What's wrong with you?  

The assault started with the cop. 

If this were any random civilian that got pissed someone got that close and did the same, the OG would almost unanimously be "mattserra.jpg" when the douche gets KTFO. Yet because it's a cop, and politically charged, people want to virtue signal and defend the douche(cop). 

The fight probably started in the defendant's mind when he put his hand (and phone) in the officer's face and tried to provoke a response.  The law (and common sense) do not recognize the officer's actions as assault. That doesn't mean I agree with the officer's actions but they did not merit being assaulted. A punch like that is definitely capable of causing death. Yet if his partner shot that guy, hed most certainly be arrested.  If another cop reacted and knocked the guy out, hed also have been arrested and vilified.  

The big picture is that these cities experiencing rioting are exhibiting a major failure in leadership.  The police are being completely fucked over by being used as pawns.  Do you want the police to enforce law and order or not? If not don't put them out there in conditions where it is impossible to achieve any positive outcome.  

The law does recognize the officer's actions as assault. Unless you mean because he is an officer he gets some special treatment. 

It is extremely disingenuous to even attempt to argue that the fight started (in anyone's mind) when the guy put the camera up to the officers badge. That is common in filming police actions, and is in no way the start of a "fight". 

Do you know the elements of assault?  Assault requires bodily injury.  Your feelings do not qualify.  

lmao

As I've said time and time again on this forum, the absolute worst source you will find for any kind of legal information is a cop.

buddie, thanks for providing such an excellent example. Your posts are the gifts that just keep on giving.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/assault

The definition of assault varies by jurisdiction, but is generally defined as intentionally putting another person in reasonable apprehension of an imminent harmful or offensive contact. Physical injury is not required.

You're a condescending jerk.  

California's simple assault statute requires an unlawful attempt coupled with the present ability, to commit a violent injury on the person of another.  

Articulate the crime. You cannot. 

2 days ago
3/14/04
buddie - 
angryinch -
buddie - 
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
buddie -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
buddie -

You disgust me angry inch. While I agree that grabbing the phone was wrong, since when is that any type of a justification for assaulting a police officer? This pos should be thrown in prison.  What's wrong with you?  

If this were any random civilian that got pissed someone got that close and did the same, the OG would almost unanimously be "mattserra.jpg" when the douche gets KTFO. Yet because it's a cop, and politically charged, people want to virtue signal and defend the douche(cop). 

The fight probably started in the defendant's mind when he put his hand (and phone) in the officer's face and tried to provoke a response.  The law (and common sense) do not recognize the officer's actions as assault. That doesn't mean I agree with the officer's actions but they did not merit being assaulted. A punch like that is definitely capable of causing death. Yet if his partner shot that guy, hed most certainly be arrested.  If another cop reacted and knocked the guy out, hed also have been arrested and vilified.  

The big picture is that these cities experiencing rioting are exhibiting a major failure in leadership.  The police are being completely fucked over by being used as pawns.  Do you want the police to enforce law and order or not? If not don't put them out there in conditions where it is impossible to achieve any positive outcome.  

The law does recognize the officer's actions as assault. Unless you mean because he is an officer he gets some special treatment. 

It is extremely disingenuous to even attempt to argue that the fight started (in anyone's mind) when the guy put the camera up to the officers badge. That is common in filming police actions, and is in no way the start of a "fight". 

Do you know the elements of assault?  Assault requires bodily injury.  Your feelings do not qualify.  

lmao

As I've said time and time again on this forum, the absolute worst source you will find for any kind of legal information is a cop.

buddie, thanks for providing such an excellent example. Your posts are the gifts that just keep on giving.

The definition of assault varies by jurisdiction, but is generally defined as intentionally putting another person in reasonable apprehension of an imminent harmful or offensive contact. Physical injury is not required.

California's simple assault statute requires an unlawful attempt coupled with the present ability, to commit a violent injury on the person of another.  

First, did you or did you not claim that assault REQUIRES bodily injury?  yes or no.

Second, you obviously missed or just didn't understand the post I made right after the one you quoted.

California’s assault law, sets out the legal definition of California assault.6

The “elements” of the crime of assault—that is, the things that the prosecutor must prove in order for you to be guilty of this offense—are as follows:

1. You did an act that, by its nature, would probably result directly in the application of force to someone else;
  2. You did that act willfully;
  3. When you acted, you were aware of facts that would lead a reasonable person to believe that the act would directly and probably result in the application of force to that person; and
  4. When you acted, you had the present ability to apply force to that person.7

Let’s delve a bit more deeply into these elements of the crime of assault to better understand their meaning.

Application of force

The definition of “application of force” is any harmful or offensive touching. The slightest touching will count if it is done in a rude or offensive manner.8

A California assault can occur even if the touching involved did not or could not cause any sort of injury. It doesn’t need to be direct either—it can be done indirectly by causing an object to touch the “victim.

2 days ago
5/13/11
buddie -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
buddie -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
buddie -

False. Assault does not require bodily injury in every state. Rarely does it require bodily injury. You may be thinking of battery. In some states you can be charged with a degree of assault for words and actions without even touching someone.  

2 days ago
1/27/14
buddie -
angryinch -
buddie - 
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
buddie -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
buddie -

lmao

If you grab something out of a cops hands what do you think you would be charged of? 

2 days ago
11/5/19
I still can’t get over the fact that AI thinks the cop committed armed robbery LOL
2 days ago
1/1/01
TheSpookedKabuki - 

OP is such a fucking idiot. I wish one of these mobs was outside your house/business dressed in tactical gear and masks destroying shit. You run around with an emotional support dog for Christ's sake. 

2 days ago
3/14/04
Corn Pop - I still can’t get over the fact that AI thinks the cop committed armed robbery LOL

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?lawCode=PEN&sectionNum=211

Robbery is the felonious taking of personal property in the possession of another, from his person or immediate presence, and against his will, accomplished by means of force or fear.

So at a glance, it does meet the definition of robbery.  Whether the aggravating factor of "armed" could be added to it is debatable.  Although I will acknowledge that due to other factors necessary to qualify as "robbery", a more likely charge could be some form of theft and destruction of private property, combined with the obvious and not debatable assault charge.

2 days ago
3/14/04

Corn Cob, is snatching a purse out of a woman's hand considered robbery?

2 days ago
1/1/01
Angryinch, why do you have such hatred for cops?
3/14/04
Jed - Angryinch, why do you have such hatred for cops?

I really don't.  I just have a strong dislike for corrupt and abusive policing.  All of which is carried out by individual cops and enabled by the corrupt systems that support them.  The problem is systemic and eventually swallows up most cops and turns them into part of the problem because even if they are not the ones pulling illegal shit, most will turn a blind eye or in some cases even actively cover for the bad cops, which makes them guilty of being corrupt assholes themselves. 

It's a problem made worse by the personalty types of people who are attracted to that particular job.  It's really the only job in which you get to assert and impose your will upon others through the threat of violence and at the end of a gun.  Only certain personality types are attracted to that type of power, and it's usually the last people who should have that type of power and position in society. 

I have family members who are cops.  I've also had several cop friends.  Hell, I've been in bands in which all the other members were cops. 

The claim that I have any kind of hatred for cops in general is 100% false, but leave it to the badge bunnies to try to draw attention away from the problem of corrupt and abusive police practices by attempting to make it all about me.  It's a very pathetic tactic, like what you're doing by asking that question.  Pathetic. 

5/25/06

Thats a lot of helmet doing a bunch of nothing. 

If youre going to destroy someone's property, don't hold your chin out. 

2 days ago
3/7/07

Ai is unstable. 

2 days ago
1/1/01
Pathetic? All you ever do is rag on cops. That big dumbass that walked up on that cop in a volatile situation is an idiot. I don’t think that you would want someone doing that to you.
3/14/04
Jed - Pathetic? All you ever do is rag on cops. That big dumbass that walked up on that cop in a volatile situation is an idiot. I don’t think that you would want someone doing that to you.

We've covered this in excruciating detail already.  This was a crowded protest.  The cops know damn well that in such a situation, they are going to end up nose to nose with people, some yelling at them, insulting them, taking pics and video of them, sometimes from inches away.  This guy didn't "walk up" to the cop in any kind of threatening manner.  He wasn't even in the cop's face.  He was clearly taking a pic or vid of the cop's badge.

If the cop couldn't handle that, he should take a job flipping burgers.  How hard is this to understand?

And btw, there you go again trying to make it about me and not about thbe real problem, namely the bad cops that I talk about.  Why don't you focus on THAT instead of always trying to draw attention away from the real problem by attempting to attack me?  You don't like people like me talking about bad cops?  Eliminate the bad cops and you won't have to hear about them any more.  How about that for a solution?

2 days ago
1/1/01
Duh. Here we go again. Yep, there are some bad cops. At least we agree on that. There are also some real bad “protesters” as we have all seen. Cops are on edge. Don’t walk up and get in a cops face or for that matter anyone’s else face. I hope that big idiot does some hard time with some real convicts.
2 days ago
11/5/19
angryinch - 

Do they keep the purse or immediately drop it?

I guess looking back, I didn’t realize I was the victim of robbery so many times in my life. Once a chick at a bar hit a drink out of my hand. It was my drink and I had paid for it. So I guess she robbed me.

I can’t think of countless times kids in school grab pencils, books, papers, etc... from each other. Didn’t realize so much robbery was going on in our public schools across the country.
2 days ago
9/8/11

Video is from May. Any update on this??

3/14/04
Corn Pop - 
angryinch - 

I guess looking back, I didn’t realize I was the victim of robbery so many times in my life. Once a chick at a bar hit a drink out of my hand. It was my drink and I had paid for it. So I guess she robbed me.

I can’t think of countless times kids in school grab pencils, books, papers, etc... from each other. Didn’t realize so much robbery was going on in our public schools across the country.

https://www.shouselaw.com/ca/defense/penal-code/211/

The legal definition of robbery in California centers around the “elements of the crime.” These are the facts that a prosecutor must prove before you can be guilty of this offense.

The elements of robbery under PC 211 are as follows:

1. You took property that was not your own;
  2. The property was in the possession of another person;
  3. You took the property from the other person or his/her immediate presence;
  4. You took the property against that person’s will;
  5. You used fear or force to take the property or prevent the other person from resisting; and
  6. When you used fear or force to take the property, you intended to deprive the owner of it either permanently or for a long enough time to deprive him/her of a major portion of its value.

Let’s take a closer look at some of the terms in this legal definition.

Taking property

You “take” someone else’s property when you both

1. gain possession of it, and
  2. move it some distance—even a very short distance.8

Example: Kim is walking down the street carrying a knockoff Louis Vuitton handbag. She is confronted by Michelle, who threatens her with physical harm if she doesn’t give up the bag. Kim gives her bag to Michelle.

Michelle starts to run off with the bag. But after she has gone half a block she realizes that it is a fake. So she drops it and yells back to Kim, “You can keep your fake bag!”

Michelle is guilty of robbery even though she didn’t keep Kim’s bag—because by moving it even a small distance, she met the definition of “taking” it under California robbery law.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All of those required elements are present in what the cop did. 

The number of times your c_lassmates stole your purse is irrelevant to this situation and to the law, as written.

And don't get me started on the massive issue of the cop trying to prevent the guy from taking pics or video of him.  That has been ridiculously well established by the courts. 

Do you geniuses have any more stupid questions?
2 days ago
5/13/11
Jed - Duh. Here we go again. Yep, there are some bad cops. At least we agree on that. There are also some real bad “protesters” as we have all seen. Cops are on edge. Don’t walk up and get in a cops face or for that matter anyone’s else face. I hope that big idiot does some hard time with some real convicts.

I doubt they would give him hard time in GenPop just for snatching and throwing dude's phone. 

2 days ago
1/27/14
Jed - Angryinch, why do you have such hatred for cops?

He has eyes 

2 days ago
1/1/01
He has eyes? What does that mean?
3/14/04
Jed - He has eyes? What does that mean?

I can see what's going on in the world, unlike the authoritarian badge bunnies who spooge every time they see an incident of a cop violating the constitutional rights of the very people whose right's he's supposed to be protecting.  Anyone who doesn't have a case of blind worship for abusive cops would feel the same way I do.  You are either too blind to see the problem or find the problem acceptable, or even amusing and support corrupt and abusive policing. 

I actually found that answer to be rather obvious in its meaning.  No surprise someone like you, who doesn't see the problem, wouldn't understand the answer. 

That said, I already answered your question.  I don't have a hatred of cops. 

2 days ago
8/22/13
angryinch -
Tight Butthole - 
MrSmokalotapotamus -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
MrSmokalotapotamus -

If you put your phone in someone's face you deserve to get your phone smashed.

If you assault someone and destroy their property you deserve to get KTFO. 

Agreed 

Assault. Thats a laugh. Get ready for another assault - you ladies are idiots. 

Really?  Walk up to a cop and snatch something out of his hands and throw it on the ground trying to break it.  Come back here and let us know what happened to you and what you got charged with.  Go ahead, do it. 

You can not compare the two. If I snatch something you bring within a foot of my face out of your hands and toss it, and you try and charge me with assault, you will have wasted a lot of time embarrasing yourself for nothing. 

2 days ago
11/5/19
angryinch - 
Corn Pop - 
angryinch - 

https://www.shouselaw.com/ca/defense/penal-code/211/

The legal definition of robbery in California centers around the “elements of the crime.” These are the facts that a prosecutor must prove before you can be guilty of this offense.

The elements of robbery under PC 211 are as follows:

1. You took property that was not your own;
  2. The property was in the possession of another person;
  3. You took the property from the other person or his/her immediate presence;
  4. You took the property against that person’s will;
  5. You used fear or force to take the property or prevent the other person from resisting; and
  6. When you used fear or force to take the property, you intended to deprive the owner of it either permanently or for a long enough time to deprive him/her of a major portion of its value.

Let’s take a closer look at some of the terms in this legal definition.

Taking property

You “take” someone else’s property when you both

1. gain possession of it, and
  2. move it some distance—even a very short distance.8

Example: Kim is walking down the street carrying a knockoff Louis Vuitton handbag. She is confronted by Michelle, who threatens her with physical harm if she doesn’t give up the bag. Kim gives her bag to Michelle.

Michelle starts to run off with the bag. But after she has gone half a block she realizes that it is a fake. So she drops it and yells back to Kim, “You can keep your fake bag!”

Michelle is guilty of robbery even though she didn’t keep Kim’s bag—because by moving it even a small distance, she met the definition of “taking” it under California robbery law.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All of those required elements are present in what the cop did. 

The number of times your c_lassmates stole your purse is irrelevant to this situation and to the law, as written.

And don't get me started on the massive issue of the cop trying to prevent the guy from taking pics or video of him.  That has been ridiculously well established by the courts. 

Do you geniuses have any more stupid questions?

Jesus you’re a dumbshit