OtherGround Forums Beto O’Rourke: Gun Owners Will Willingly Hand Over

11 days ago
1/1/01
https://pluralist.com/beto-orourke-gun-buyback-willingly/?fbclid=IwAR08_yBhHbWvk5albAumtQfHF3yB9Q8Z-UpyYE1OmvsSzLYXwuFg76dIBkM

Beto O’Rourke: Gun Owners Will Willingly Hand Over Their Firearms When I Ask Them To

Beto O’Rourke said Saturday in New Hampshire that he expects American gun owners to willingly handover their firearms under his promised mandatory buyback program.

The Democratic presidential candidate and former Texas congressman declared last week following a mass shooting in West Texas, “This is f—ed up.” He also reiterated that if elected president he would “institute a mandatory buyback of every assault weapon in America.”

The Washington Examiner questioned O’Rourke about his planned buyback at this weekend’s New Hampshire Democratic Party Convention. He denied planning to send police to gun owners’ homes.

“No. I don’t see the law enforcement going door to door. I see Americans complying with the law. I see us working with gun owners, non-gun owners, local, county, state, federal law enforcement to come up with the best possible solution. I have yet to meet an owner of an AR-15 who thinks it’s OK that we have these kind of mass killings in this country,” he said.

However, O’Rourke took a different tone while campaigning last weekend in Charlottesville, Virginia. Asked to address fears that the government is going to take away people’s “assault weapons,” he said, “So, I want to be really clear that that’s exactly what we’re going to do.”

He later proudly tweeted a video of the exchange, saying: “Americans who own AR-15s and AK-47s will have to sell their assault weapons. All of them.”

On Wednesday, O’Rourke admonished Meghan McCain for warning days earlier on ABC’s “The View” that forcing Americans to sell their assault rifles would prompt “a lot of violence.”

“I just I think that kind of language and rhetoric is not helpful,”O’Rourke told The Daily Beast. “It becomes self-fulfilling; you have people on TV who are almost giving you permission to be violent and saying, ‘You know this is this is going to happen.’”

Following a series of headline-grabbing mass shootings, other 2020 presidential contenders have also renewed their advocacy for background checks, “red flag” laws, gun buybacks and the like.

Meanwhile, gun rights advocates have pointed out that the Odessa shooter had been barred under federal law from owning or buying firearms because a court had previously determined he was mentally unfit.

Last Sunday President Donald Trump argued that background checks would not have prevented any of the recent mass shootings.

“Over the last five, six, or seven years, no matter how strong you need the background checks, it wouldn’t have stopped any of it,” he told reporters.

Trump has another plan for dealing with mass murders. According to an administration official, the president has the Justice Department drafting legislation to expedite expedite the death penalty for such people.

There is a video
11 days ago
10/14/03

Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

11 days ago
1/12/10

Talk about out of touch. 

And this tool is from Texas? 

11 days ago
12/17/06

11 days ago
10/2/12

If I allegedly still had firearms I’d never turn them over. Ever. I’m so sorry I had that boating accident. Go check the bottom of the Marianas trench. 

11 days ago
9/22/16
TFK_UGCTT_Sk1tzO420 - 

Talk about out of touch. 

Belfast, Mexico.
11 days ago
11/1/08

11 days ago
11/15/07

lol

11 days ago
3/20/15

Guys fuckin nuts. I'm Canadian nobody is grabbing my guns...less me handing them in.good ole Mexican irish....

11 days ago
11/7/07
AnthonyWeiner - 
TFK_UGCTT_Sk1tzO420 - 

Talk about out of touch. 

Belfast, Mexico.

LOL
11 days ago
1/18/03
RhinoHog - 

Guys fuckin nuts. I'm Canadian nobody is grabbing my guns...less me handing them in.good ole Mexican irish....

If Trudeau gets re-elected you'll be handing over your guns.
Edited: 11 days ago
2/4/07

My only question is, is O'Rourke really this dumb or does he just think his followers are that dumb?

11 days ago
1/1/01
JLK -
RhinoHog - 

Yep. The Aussies did, no reason to think the Canadians will be any different. Americans on the other hand...

Beto forgot to add that if they don't comply he'll bring it people with more firepower to take them by force. But that sounds a bit more aggressive I suppose.

11 days ago
3/1/10

Beto will never be president.

But his recent autism is kneecaping his inevitable 2020 Texas Senate run.

11 days ago
12/17/06
Whambo -
JLK -
RhinoHog - 

Yep. The Aussies did, no reason to think the Canadians will be any different. Americans on the other hand...

Beto forgot to add that if they don't comply he'll bring it people with more firepower to take them by force. But that sounds a bit more aggressive I suppose.

How did that go in New Zealand though?

11 days ago
6/18/19
Sandy Pantz - 

My only question is, is O'Rourke really this dumb or does he just think his followers are that dumb?

He's not dumb... He's just an out of touch, narcisstic psychopath who's fantasized about running over kids with his car..

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/15/orourke-not-proud-writing-1223903

“One day, as I was driving home from work, I noticed two children crossing the street. They were happy, happy to be free from their troubles. ... This happiness was mine by right. I had earned it in my dreams,” he wrote, according to Reuters. “As I neared the young ones, I put all my weight on my right foot, keeping the accelerator pedal on the floor until I heard the crashing of the two children on the hood, and then the sharp cry of pain from one of the two. I was so fascinated for a moment, that when after I had stopped my vehicle, I just sat in a daze, sweet visions filling my head.”

But he said he was sorry so it's ok.. Plus w/him being Mexican(his name is "Beto" for fucks sake), an oppressed minority, his apology was w/out a doubt heartfelt.
11 days ago
5/22/05

Lol the og'ers fantasizing about their red dawn fantasies coming to life.

11 days ago
1/1/01
Altofsky -
Whambo -
JLK -
RhinoHog - 

How did that go in New Zealand though?

It's a couple months in so we'll see. I imagine the date to turn in will be extended but I don't see anything to indicate they're going back on their plan.

11 days ago
1/25/04

“I just I think that kind of language and rhetoric is not helpful,”O’Rourke told The Daily Beast. “It becomes self-fulfilling; you have people on TV who are almost giving you permission to be violent and saying, ‘You know this is this is going to happen.’”

Gun owners are the ones saying that, stupid

11 days ago
1/1/01
Jack Carter -

Gun owners are the ones saying that, stupid

not to mention fucking libtards "harass them where ever they are"

11 days ago
1/1/01

I never needed or wanted an ar15 before... But I plan on buying one now

11 days ago
1/1/01

Expediting the death penalty for these fuckers sounds like a dream. An awesome one.

11 days ago
1/1/01

He's wrong.

11 days ago
2/15/14

Fuck that cracker! 

11 days ago
12/15/00

50 grand...he can have my AR-15.