OtherGround Forums Biden asks “What if Obama has been assassinated?”

26 days ago
6/3/03

Is this dude losing his fucking mind?

Joe Biden to campaign crowd: What if ‘Obama had been assassinated’ in 2008

CROYDON, N.H. — Joe Biden pondered a most serious, and awkward, question at a campaign stop Friday: What if Barack Obama had been assassinated during his presidential campaign in 2008?

Toward the end of an event in Hanover, Biden evoked two of his political heroes, Martin Luther King Jr. and Robert F. Kennedy. Both were assassinated in 1968, Kennedy while running for president.

Biden said: “Imagine what would have happened if, God forbid, Barack Obama had been assassinated after becoming the de facto nominee? What would have happened in America?”

The 76-year-old Biden served as Obama’s vice president for two terms and was a U.S. senator representing Delaware for 36 years. He is seeking the Democratic nomination for president for a third time after two failed runs in 1988 and 2008 cycles.

Biden has long been prone to gaffes and misspeaking, another aspect of his candidacy that has come under scrutiny during his latest presidential run.

Biden’s two appearances Friday included several other problematic comments as he riffed to the crowd. As he talked about teachers, he referenced his wife, Jill Biden, an educator, saying that if he didn’t support teachers, “I would be sleeping alone.”

At his final event of the day as he talked about taking away some tax breaks for richer Americans, Biden said, “I find most rich people are as patriotic as poor people.”

26 days ago
1/1/01

The less he's seen, the better he does in the polls. That's an awkward thing to deal with for someone running for president

26 days ago
8/29/08

Hillary prob wanted him dead. 

26 days ago
3/16/06

If I didn't like teachers, I wouldn't be banging one! How presidential of him. 

26 days ago
6/3/03
Stupidnewbie -

If I didn't like teachers, I wouldn't be banging one! How presidential of him. 

Dude is a gaffe machine. Can’t wait till he gets closer to the election, the pressure is on and he constantly has a mic shoved in his face. Shits gonna be hysterical. 

26 days ago
9/30/09

FAKE NEWS. AGAIN the MSM is reaching to keep down the left!

26 days ago
6/13/09

It's the brain dead pants pooper trying to remind us that he was 'one heartbeat' from the presidency.

I suppose he thinks that makes him appear more presidential.

Showing he still has a pulse and a functional brain would be more effective.

Edited: 26 days ago
8/27/11

Couple of things. 

Hes a toolbag, but stuff like:

“As he talked about teachers, he referenced his wife, Jill Biden, an educator, saying that if he didn’t support teachers, “I would be sleeping alone.”

Who gives a fuck? That’s not even remotely offensive or ‘problematic’. It’s really, really stupid to claim this is offensive. Both sides do this. 

Secondly, he’s been in politics for 49 fucking years. That’s insanity. Get out of the way grandpa. 

26 days ago
12/17/06
Charles Barkley -

Couple of things. 

“As he talked about teachers, he referenced his wife, Jill Biden, an educator, saying that if he didn’t support teachers, “I would be sleeping alone.”

Who gives a fuck? That’s not even remotely offensive or ‘problematic’. It’s really, really stupid to claim this is offensive. Both sides do this. 

Secondly, he’s been in politics for 49 fucking years. That’s insanity. Get out of the way grandpa. 

26 days ago
2/9/14
Charles Barkley -

Couple of things. 

Biden shouldn't be president,  but those comments are not offensive or anything.  This is silly to worry about that.   

26 days ago
6/13/09
Charles Barkley - 

Couple of things. 

Good post. If he failed to be good enough in the 80s and 90s and every other decade he ran for President and failed...why is he suddenly good enough now that he's a senile old pants shitter?

Even at his best he was not presidential timber. Very average in intelligence and character. 

26 days ago
12/1/05

It's shocking how old he looks lately, he really shouldn't be doing this.  I'm sure the only reason he's there is because they didn't have anyone else that's remotely qualified, but the Dem. establishment has to be seeing this. i wouldn't be surprised if they found a way to nuke his candidacy before too long.