OtherGround Forums Biden picking Whitmer for VP?!?

10 days ago
9/22/16
Rakoshi - 

I actually think Mark Cuban will throw a wrench in everyone’s plans sooner or later. People have realized we need a business person in the Oval Office. He can take a lot of votes away from both parties. 

His political aspirations died when he got #MeToo'd. It wouldn't matter if he is Republican, but since he's a staunch never-Trumper, his base (moderates and old-school democrats) wouldn't exist. Anyone extolling his platform would be shouted down, while Trump paints Cuban as the loser from the failed Apprentice reboot.
10 days ago
2/23/05

10 days ago
1/1/01
Biden/Beetlejuice 2020!
Edited: 10 days ago
2/22/09

lol @ 4 more years

10 days ago
3/16/11
I No Kung Foo -

Those eyes are all the proof I need to know that lady is nuttier than squirrel shit. Not a great idea in the long term, but a cantankerous old Alzheimer’s patient and the queen of all Karens in the White House would be fun to watch. And that’s what Politics is really about, isn’t it. 

10 days ago
2/7/08

10 days ago
4/12/04

Yeah the Karen vibe is strong with her.

10 days ago
4/12/04
ReffsRammedMeInMyAnus -
Bad Monkey -
Kona Silat -
Bad Monkey -
anthonyMI -

A fairly popular governor of a state that he has to win, in a region he has to win? Doesn't sound like a crazy idea.

I doubt she will do it, though.

This, except for the doubt she'd do it part. He needs Michigan. He needs two neighboring states as well. Every little bit helps. Abrams nets him nothing. Harris nets him nothing. Reasonably attractive female from a battle ground state, that'd be the first smart move Biden's made on the campaign. 

he'll definitely lose some POC votes. i think you'll see a number of people who say the DNC is too white.

He won't lose the votes to Trump, but it could affect turn out of minorities. That said, the minority candidates will hurt badly in other demographics.

I think Abrams loses him a shitload of votes.  No reasonable person would vote for an 80 year old man with her on deck.  Harris could be destroyed in a debate by Pence quoting Tulsi and asking for a response.  

Kyle Kulinski has been throwing her name out there for awhile as a probable pick. 

Also says Biden’s promise to pick a black female Supreme Court justice was specifically made to justify not picking a minority female VP. He’s got some really great insight for a lot of OG’ers if they can stand to listen to a reasonable liberal. 

Some on the left, like Kyle, don't like Whitmer's record either. If I am not misaken there's indication that she's not a medicare for all type due to her connections with the insurance companies.

https://theintercept.com/2018/07/18/michigan-governor-race-gretchen-whitmer-blue-cross/

A Blue Cross CEO Encouraged a Michigan Woman to Get Into Politics. Now She’s Running for Governor and Says Single Payer Is Unrealistic.

10 days ago
1/1/01

10 days ago
1/1/01
Pilgor the goat -
I No Kung Foo -

Those eyes are all the proof I need to know that lady is nuttier than squirrel shit. Not a great idea in the long term, but a cantankerous old Alzheimer’s patient and the queen of all Karens in the White House would be fun to watch. And that’s what Politics is really about, isn’t it. 

The President is the one shouting to "Liberate Michigan" so people can get haircuts, making various other threats, doesn't get more Karen than that.  Whitmer meanwhile has handled his and other Republicns attacks with poise and repeatedly stated she wants to keep politics out of it.  She's very much a moderate centrist, despite your "eyes are all the proof" assesment .

10 days ago
4/25/11
Kona Silat -
ReffsRammedMeInMyAnus -
Bad Monkey -
Kona Silat -
Bad Monkey -
anthonyMI -

A fairly popular governor of a state that he has to win, in a region he has to win? Doesn't sound like a crazy idea.

This, except for the doubt she'd do it part. He needs Michigan. He needs two neighboring states as well. Every little bit helps. Abrams nets him nothing. Harris nets him nothing. Reasonably attractive female from a battle ground state, that'd be the first smart move Biden's made on the campaign. 

he'll definitely lose some POC votes. i think you'll see a number of people who say the DNC is too white.

He won't lose the votes to Trump, but it could affect turn out of minorities. That said, the minority candidates will hurt badly in other demographics.

I think Abrams loses him a shitload of votes.  No reasonable person would vote for an 80 year old man with her on deck.  Harris could be destroyed in a debate by Pence quoting Tulsi and asking for a response.  

Kyle Kulinski has been throwing her name out there for awhile as a probable pick. 

Also says Biden’s promise to pick a black female Supreme Court justice was specifically made to justify not picking a minority female VP. He’s got some really great insight for a lot of OG’ers if they can stand to listen to a reasonable liberal. 

Some on the left, like Kyle, don't like Whitmer's record either. If I am not misaken there's indication that she's not a medicare for all type due to her connections with the insurance companies.

https://theintercept.com/2018/07/18/michigan-governor-race-gretchen-whitmer-blue-cross/

A Blue Cross CEO Encouraged a Michigan Woman to Get Into Politics. Now She’s Running for Governor and Says Single Payer Is Unrealistic.

Lol she’s the daughter of an insurance company CEO and potentially Joe Biden’s running mate, of course she doesn’t support Medicare for all. 

Biden is proving to be a worse canidate than Hillary in ways that I wouldn’t have even thought possible 

10 days ago
6/3/18

I'm in Michigan and they hate her here. She won't even help in Michigan.

10 days ago
12/8/12

Can't wait for the shitstorm when he doesn't choose Abrams

10 days ago
3/16/11
Savitar -
Pilgor the goat -
I No Kung Foo -

The President is the one shouting to "Liberate Michigan" so people can get haircuts, making various other threats, doesn't get more Karen than that.  Whitmer meanwhile has handled his and other Republicns attacks with poise and repeatedly stated she wants to keep politics out of it.  She's very much a moderate centrist, despite your "eyes are all the proof" assesment .

I was joking. Now go hang from a line outside and dry off, you wet blanket. 

10 days ago
3/12/07
Kona Silat -
ReffsRammedMeInMyAnus -
Bad Monkey -
Kona Silat -
Bad Monkey -
anthonyMI -

That headline is dumb. It was her father who was the CEO and she was already in politics before she ran for governor.

10 days ago
12/2/05

Makes sense to try and flip Michigan, which was already razor close last time.

10 days ago
4/12/04
Smilin like Rashad -

definitely this.

10 days ago
1/1/01
Creepy Joe and the Halfwhit. How can they lose?
10 days ago
1/1/01
yabadaba - 
NHBDaddy - This would be great because Michigan hates her

Poll: 72% Of Michigan Residents Approve Of Whitmer's Handling Of Pandemic

https://www.deadlinedetroit.com/articles/25243/poll_72_of_michigan_residents_approve_of_whitmer_s_handling_of_pandemic

Wow, Michiganders are more ignorant than I thought
10 days ago
3/18/02
NHBDaddy - 
yabadaba - 

https://www.deadlinedetroit.com/articles/25243/poll_72_of_michigan_residents_approve_of_whitmer_s_handling_of_pandemic

Wow, Michiganders are more ignorant than I thought

thats a washington post poll lol

it would be nice to know the county or counties that the sample was taken from 

10 days ago
1/1/01
Smilin like Rashad - 

The SJW's have already made their peace with voting for creepy old pedophile that's been credibly accused of rape.  Not chosing a black woman isn't that much more of a stretch for them.

10 days ago
3/15/06
Savitar - 
Pilgor the goat -
I No Kung Foo -

She didn't look too good when she knee-jerk threatened anyone who used hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine because Trump talked about it, and then shortly after that begged the federal government to send her state some of it.
10 days ago
1/25/07
yabadaba -
Kona Silat -
1hitwonder -

Hear me out. What if this is their plan?  They know Trump is going to win so they are throwing it away. They will continue to whine and make things difficult for 4 more years making his presidency look weak and ineffective. Then in 2024 we see the resurgence of Hilary. It will be easier for them to win if it isn't against an incumbent. 

Pence may be too conservative to pick up the swing states and it will be interesting to see what other GOP names are in the field in 2024. 

their plan is to avert a progressive surgency. AOC has the potential to be a female candidate for the Democratic party and the party want a viable and groomed centrist female candidate (Whittmier has connections with health insurance companies) that can disuade medicare for all candidates

If that's the plan Klob would be a better choice IMO.

agreed and I think it will be klob 

10 days ago
1/1/01
CuddleBug -
Savitar - 
Pilgor the goat -
I No Kung Foo -

She didn't look too good when she knee-jerk threatened anyone who used hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine because Trump talked about it, and then shortly after that begged the federal government to send her state some of it.

A state agency warned Doctors against hoarding or prescribing it to people without a medical need because of supply shortages, which there were.  My sister has a prescription and couldn't get it for a short time.

8 days ago
6/3/18
yabadaba -

That is a out of state poll. They knew what they were getting before they made a call. It the way that cigarette companies said 4 out of 5 doctors prefer this brand of cigarettes. I'm telling you when you walk into a store you hear people talking about her specifically and they are not happy. In 2016 all of my out-of-state comedian friends telling me how Trump was going to lose and Michigan was going to be a key. I said as I drive around I see ten-to-one signs for Trump. I don't know if it's going to to be a landslide. They told me that the Unions would always keep Michigan blue. I said no one other than teachers are any Union anymore. And a lot of the old shop rats are old and conservative now and they don't like their unions for selling them out. That is exactly what happened. The thing that isn't being reported nationally is that Whitmer ran and won because she said she was going to fix Flint. Right after the election she cut all the water drop off points that the previous governor was using and cut funding to Flint. She then told the mayor that the capital has Flint fatigue and that they weren't going to be able to do the things they said. The people in Flint do not like her. I think those poles are propaganda or wishful thinking. They're the same ones they said Hillary had a 35% lead in Michigan.