OtherGround Forums Biden picking Whitmer for VP?!?

8 days ago
9/13/08
Thelonious - 
yabadaba -
Kona Silat -
1hitwonder -

Hear me out. What if this is their plan?  They know Trump is going to win so they are throwing it away. They will continue to whine and make things difficult for 4 more years making his presidency look weak and ineffective. Then in 2024 we see the resurgence of Hilary. It will be easier for them to win if it isn't against an incumbent. 

Pence may be too conservative to pick up the swing states and it will be interesting to see what other GOP names are in the field in 2024. 

their plan is to avert a progressive surgency. AOC has the potential to be a female candidate for the Democratic party and the party want a viable and groomed centrist female candidate (Whittmier has connections with health insurance companies) that can disuade medicare for all candidates

If that's the plan Klob would be a better choice IMO.

agreed and I think it will be klob 

Me as well.
8 days ago
1/1/01

It's Klobberin' time! 

8 days ago
2/22/09

^^^ lol

8 days ago
1/7/09
Half speed -
yabadaba -
NHBDaddy - This would be great because Michigan hates her

Poll: 72% Of Michigan Residents Approve Of Whitmer's Handling Of Pandemic

https://www.deadlinedetroit.com/articles/25243/poll_72_of_michigan_residents_approve_of_whitmer_s_handling_of_pandemic

That is a out of state poll. They knew what they were getting before they made a call. It the way that cigarette companies said 4 out of 5 doctors prefer this brand of cigarettes. I'm telling you when you walk into a store you hear people talking about her specifically and they are not happy. In 2016 all of my out-of-state comedian friends telling me how Trump was going to lose and Michigan was going to be a key. I said as I drive around I see ten-to-one signs for Trump. I don't know if it's going to to be a landslide. They told me that the Unions would always keep Michigan blue. I said no one other than teachers are any Union anymore. And a lot of the old shop rats are old and conservative now and they don't like their unions for selling them out. That is exactly what happened. The thing that isn't being reported nationally is that Whitmer ran and won because she said she was going to fix Flint. Right after the election she cut all the water drop off points that the previous governor was using and cut funding to Flint. She then told the mayor that the capital has Flint fatigue and that they weren't going to be able to do the things they said. The people in Flint do not like her. I think those poles are propaganda or wishful thinking. They're the same ones they said Hillary had a 35% lead in Michigan.

Lol at “out of state poll”...bwahahaha.  People will tell themselves anything to reinforce their belief.

8 days ago
9/8/10
yabadaba -

For those who think Gretchen Whitmer isn't a good choice is there anyone you think would be a good choice?

While I personally despise her, I think Warren would likely be the best pick for him.

7 days ago
11/9/10
McBottery -
yabadaba -

For those who think Gretchen Whitmer isn't a good choice is there anyone you think would be a good choice?

While I personally despise her, I think Warren would likely be the best pick for him.

No it wouldn’t. Chief Lie a watha is a terrible candidate. She’s dishonest about everything and comes off as completely fake. It also pushes them left when they need to get moderate votes. The hard left will vote blue no matter who. They need to get the people in the middle. 

7 days ago
12/17/06

Fuck that harpie. 

Edited: 7 days ago
11/28/08
VinegarStrokes -
McBottery -
yabadaba -

No it wouldn’t. Chief Lie a watha is a terrible candidate. She’s dishonest about everything and comes off as completely fake. It also pushes them left when they need to get moderate votes. The hard left will vote blue no matter who. They need to get the people in the middle. 

A lot of the "hard left" have already decided they will not vote for Biden. If I didn't vote in a swing state, I wouldn't either. Doubling down on a moderate won't help the Dems at all, unless it is someone like Whitmer who can bring a swing state with her.

7 days ago
5/13/02
McBottery - 
yabadaba -

He's gonna pick Kamala Harris

7 days ago
10/13/02
theseanster -
McBottery - 
yabadaba -

Anyone but her. Plleeease

7 days ago
9/8/10
VinegarStrokes -
McBottery -
yabadaba -

Yeeeah, the point wouldn’t be to appeal to people like you.

Before this last election cycle, Warren wasn’t really an ultra progressive candidate and I’m sure she would dial it back a bunch as part of team Biden. She would help get young people to actually go vote and bring a lot of votes to Biden. 

7 days ago
9/22/16
Slydawg - 
theseanster -
McBottery - 
yabadaba -

I'd love it. Like I said, she spent the entirety of her active campaign bashing Biden, and only Biden. The commercials would make themselves.
7 days ago
11/21/05
anthonyMI -
VinegarStrokes -
McBottery -
yabadaba -

A lot of the "hard left" have already decided they will not vote for Biden. If I didn't vote in a swing state, I wouldn't either. Doubling down on a moderate won't help the Dems at all, unless it is someone like Whitmer who can bring a swing state with her.

Don't you live in Russia or I'm thinking of someone else?

7 days ago
11/28/08
dhughes -
anthonyMI -
VinegarStrokes -
McBottery -
yabadaba -

Don't you live in Russia or I'm thinking of someone else?

Ukraine. The concept of mailing in ballots has become controversial for some reason, but it isn't that much of a problem.

6 days ago
1/1/01
Altofsky -

Fuck that harpie. 

That would be "Harpy", you dunce. 

6 days ago
1/7/09
AnthonyWeiner -
Slydawg - 
theseanster -
McBottery - 
yabadaba -

I'd love it. Like I said, she spent the entirety of her active campaign bashing Biden, and only Biden. The commercials would make themselves.

Those kind of commercials don’t matter. They are entertaining though.

6 days ago
4/24/07

That won't help him win Michigan. No way Whitmer can carry her state. People hate her here. No way she wins re-election let alone become VP.

6 days ago
7/13/09
NHBDaddy -
yabadaba - 
NHBDaddy - This would be great because Michigan hates her

Poll: 72% Of Michigan Residents Approve Of Whitmer's Handling Of Pandemic

https://www.deadlinedetroit.com/articles/25243/poll_72_of_michigan_residents_approve_of_whitmer_s_handling_of_pandemic

Wow, Michiganders are more ignorant than I thought

These polls are bullshit. They just released the same one for Minnesota almost the exact same headline , the place where everyone's fucking pissed about the way Walz is decimating private buisness with his bullshit executive orders.  My guess these polls are from a selected area that's not as affected by the lockdown measures.  The ones that made more money on unemployment and don't want to go back to work.  

6 days ago
11/28/08
David@accu -

That won't help him win Michigan. No way Whitmer can carry her state. People hate her here. No way she wins re-election let alone become VP.

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/michigan-residents-approve-of-whitmers-handling-of-covid-19-over-trumps-new-poll-shows

The one said 70% is really high, but she approval ratings are consistently high. The support is almost entirely partisan in nature, but while Democrats almost universally approve of her, a significant minority of Republicans do as well.

6 days ago
10/13/02
anthonyMI -
David@accu -

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/michigan-residents-approve-of-whitmers-handling-of-covid-19-over-trumps-new-poll-shows

The one said 70% is really high, but she approval ratings are consistently high. The support is almost entirely partisan in nature, but while Democrats almost universally approve of her, a significant minority of Republicans do as well.

That poll is from April 15th. 

Edited: 6 days ago
11/28/08
Slydawg -
anthonyMI -
David@accu -

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/05/20/republican-men-views-coronavirus/5227671002/

Pretty much the same in May. Very few Democrats disapprove, most Republicans disapprove but with far more dissenters, and Independents approve. With the main update being that the Lansing protests were unpopular.

5 days ago
6/3/18
Savitar -
Altofsky -

Fuck that harpie. 

That would be "Harpy", you dunce. 

No you read it wrong he is saying hair pie with a Southern accent. If you were really from Michigan you would know she has a giant unkept bush. Google it you will be shocked at what comes up.

Southern drawl shaming is not cool bro :(

5 days ago
4/24/07
anthonyMI - 
Slydawg -
anthonyMI -
David@accu -

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/05/20/republican-men-views-coronavirus/5227671002/

Pretty much the same in May. Very few Democrats disapprove, most Republicans disapprove but with far more dissenters, and Independents approve. With the main update being that the Lansing protests were unpopular.

Polls no longer mean what they used too. Results are the only thing that matters. Showing me poll numbers is akin to me saying "I know someone". It's an exaggeration of facts. Is she probably in the black, yeah. Is it anywhere near 70% no, it's not even close.

There is no question we are living in one of the most polarized political climates ever. Nobody could get 70% of anything these days. After all the flak she has gotten over the past 2 months do you honestly think her real numbers are any where close? You would have to ignore the past 4 years of politics to reach any sort of conclusion like that.

Biden is probably going to pick her in hopes she can swing the state. She can't. She won't carry the state over Trump imo because once again, Trump is talking about jobs and getting people to work here, and the rest aren't. Social issues have always come a distant second here.

With Trump's opportunity zones and emphases on jobs here, you could also argue he has done more for Detroit than Whitmere and Joe combine. Who is going to put money in my pocket and food on the table is what reigns supreme here.

Edited: 5 days ago
2/22/09

^^^ "Polls no longer mean what they used too....Showing me poll numbers is akin to me saying "I know someone". It's an exaggeration of facts. Is she probably in the black, yeah. Is it anywhere near 70% no, it's not even close.

There is no question we are living in one of the most polarized political climates ever. Nobody could get 70% of anything these days..."

Poll numbers tend to go up in times like this. Even Trump's poll numbers went up.

Despite anecdotal evidence to the contrary I suspect her poll numbers are pretty accurate.

5 days ago
4/24/07
yabadaba - 

^^^ "Polls no longer mean what they used too....Showing me poll numbers is akin to me saying "I know someone". It's an exaggeration of facts. Is she probably in the black, yeah. Is it anywhere near 70% no, it's not even close.

There is no question we are living in one of the most polarized political climates ever. Nobody could get 70% of anything these days..."

Poll numbers tend to go up in times like this. Even Trump's poll numbers went up.

Despite anecdotal evidence to the contrary I suspect her poll numbers are pretty accurate.

You also don't live here. So you really only have an outsiders perspective. Where as I do live in Michigan and can speak intelligently about the fact those polls are not close to being accurate.