OtherGround Forums Biden picking Whitmer for VP?!?

16 days ago
6/3/03

Alternate thread title “Dems hand Trump 4 more years”. Seriously, what the fuck are they thinking?!?

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer revealed Tuesday that she has had an “opening conversation” with Joe Biden’s campaign about potentially being his running mate as vice president.

“I’ve had a conversation with some folks,” Whitmer told NBC’s “3rd Hour of Today.” "But the fact of the matter is all of my energy is going into helping my state.

“It was just an opening conversation, and it’s not something that I would call a professional, formalized vetting. I am making a little bit of time to stay connected to the campaign,” Whitmer added, while emphasizing her main priority was leading her state through the coronavirus pandemic.

The first-term governor is among a handful of women Biden has confirmed are on his shortlist for potential running mates.

“Gov. Whitmer is an outstanding governor. She is one of the most talented people in the country in my view,” Biden said in early April as the former vice president introduced the governor on the second edition of his newly launched podcast series. “She also is a supporter. She was also a co-chair of my campaign. She’s a good friend, but she has been laser-focused, laser-focused on delivering for her state.”

Whitmer has gained notoriety recently due to her extremely strict coronavirus lockdown measures, which have prompted dozens of protests across the state.

16 days ago
12/27/06

This is bizarro world indeed.

16 days ago
4/12/11

So Mr. Magoo and Cruella Devil for POTUS and VP?

16 days ago
6/3/03
BubblesNS -

So Mr. Magoo and Cruella Devil for POTUS and VP?

Pretty much. 

16 days ago
12/29/09
lol holy shit. Wood tho :)
16 days ago
3/12/07

They've been talking for months. She's said a bunch of times she's not interested, but I'd take that with a grain of salt since they're still talking.

16 days ago
3/18/02

the VP pick is the pick that makes you scratch your head?  lol Biden is a crash test dummy.  This whole ticket is just a joke

16 days ago
7/2/13

Hear me out. What if this is their plan?  They know Trump is going to win so they are throwing it away. They will continue to whine and make things difficult for 4 more years making his presidency look weak and ineffective. Then in 2024 we see the resurgence of Hilary. It will be easier for them to win if it isn't against an incumbent. 

Pence may be too conservative to pick up the swing states and it will be interesting to see what other GOP names are in the field in 2024. 

16 days ago
12/29/09
How can we make the Biden ticket even more ridiculous? I know, add Gretchen Whitmer to the ticket! What could possibly go wrong?
16 days ago
6/3/03
1hitwonder -

Hear me out. What if this is their plan?  They know Trump is going to win so they are throwing it away. They will continue to whine and make things difficult for 4 more years making his presidency look weak and ineffective. Then in 2024 we see the resurgence of Hilary. It will be easier for them to win if it isn't against an incumbent. 

Pence may be too conservative to pick up the swing states and it will be interesting to see what other GOP names are in the field in 2024. 

2024 will be Ted Cruz with Dan Crenshaw or Candace Owens as VP. ;-)

16 days ago
11/28/08

A fairly popular governor of a state that he has to win, in a region he has to win? Doesn't sound like a crazy idea.

I doubt she will do it, though.

16 days ago
12/29/09
I think enough people will be on to the DNC bullshit by 2024. I hope so anyway.
16 days ago
2/22/09

For those who think Gretchen Whitmer isn't a good choice is there anyone you think would be a good choice?

16 days ago
12/29/09
yabadaba - 

For those who think Gretchen Whitmer isn't a good choice is there anyone you think would be a good choice?

Not really. It could be Donald Trump junior, who I like, but that doesn't change the fact that Biden is not fit to run this country.
16 days ago
1/1/01

There will def be a dem pres 2024. A huge wave of 14-17yr olds dont know any other way.

16 days ago
3/3/03

Zero chance with this woman as VP.  

16 days ago
4/13/12

He wants to sniff her hair

16 days ago
4/13/12
kingofpancakes -
yabadaba - 

Not really. It could be Donald Trump junior, who I like, but that doesn't change the fact that Biden is not fit to run this country.

To be fair, most of our presidents weren't fit to run the country.

16 days ago
12/29/09
EFM - 
kingofpancakes -
yabadaba - 

To be fair, most of our presidents weren't fit to run the country.

Agreed for sure. Still, I don't think there's a need to go back and repeat that anymore.
16 days ago
10/5/05

Every time I see a pic of her I think it is Caitlin Jenner.  

16 days ago
4/12/04
1hitwonder -

their plan is to avert a progressive surgency. AOC has the potential to be a female candidate for the Democratic party and the party want a viable and groomed centrist female candidate (Whittmier has connections with health insurance companies) that can disuade medicare for all candidates

16 days ago
2/22/09
kingofpancakes -
yabadaba - 

That's what I figured. No matter who Biden picks the OG's collective response will be:

"Seriously, what the fuck are they thinking?!?"

16 days ago
2/22/09
Kona Silat -
1hitwonder -

their plan is to avert a progressive surgency. AOC has the potential to be a female candidate for the Democratic party and the party want a viable and groomed centrist female candidate (Whittmier has connections with health insurance companies) that can disuade medicare for all candidates

If that's the plan Klob would be a better choice IMO.

16 days ago
7/8/13
1hitwonder -

Plus in 2024 when he's up for re-election, Biden would be 81.....I don't think this is the dumbest conspiracy theory i've ever heard. 

16 days ago
1/1/01

This is a trial balloon that will quickly crash to the ground.