OtherGround Forums Biden to OWN the debates?

9/23/20 9:18 AM
1/1/01

They will pump him so full of drugs to make him seem coherent and energetic! 

9/23/20 9:29 AM
10/25/05

Trump will kill Biden in front of an audience. He would do no where near as well without one. But Biden cant complete a sentence, so there's that. 

In an unrelated topic, the president should have to go through a primary also. All the primaries do is give the incumbent shit to repeat and say "even your own party thinks" etc. This is a ridiculous advantage for the president. 

9/23/20 9:32 AM
1/9/02
Mutant -

what drugs are those?

9/23/20 9:34 AM
7/14/17
Briscoe -

My guess is that he's known the questions for some time now. 

Frustrating, but yes. 

1/12/07
gregbrady -
Mutant -

what drugs are those?

Phet

1/1/01
Al Cappucino - 
Fighting -

I was caught off guard last week. I thought mumbly joe couldn't finish a single sentence up until then. I was wrong.  He was doing a live q and a and spoke coherently for a good long time. Made a pretty fair point, though I disagree with, on social security tax deferment.  He gave a long and well thought out argument. 

Surprised me.  Cause I usually just see his fumbling, mumbling, rantings of an old man with early-onset dementia that we see in tiny clips. 

I still think he will be slaughtered by trump, but seeing him talk live in the debate may shock some that he isn't completely switched off yet. 

He won't have the luxury to read a teleprompter with canned answers during the debate though.

The other day he was being interviewd by I think telemundo, and the guy was sitting in front of him, a good distance away and a little to Bidens right. He would ask the question, and Biden would look to his left and answer. Not even looking at the interviewer. Then when he was done with his answer, look back at the guy.

It was painfully obvius everything was preplanned. I wonder how it must feel for some media types to be used in such a way?

To be fair, one quick youtube search of "biden teleprompter fail" will show that even a teleprompter for ole' Joe isn't a sure thing.

9/23/20 10:18 AM
1/1/01
SpunQ -
gregbrady -
Mutant -

what drugs are those?

Phet

This! 

Edited: 9/23/20 10:49 AM
12/26/05

Bidens memory is clearly shot and his speech has slowed significantly in comparison to 5 years ago...but I wouldnt say at this point hes bad on the mic.

Also they will juice him up just short of killing him to get him to perform for these debates.  I think he will come out pretty strong for the first 20-30 minutes.

Then I think he will start to fade.

I dont expect him to have an overall embarrassing performance...but I will say Trump is good at making others look bad on the mic, and Biden will likely have at least one gaff.

9/23/20 10:51 AM
1/1/01
CavemanDave - 

Bidens memory is clearly shot and his speech has slowed significantly in comparison to 5 years ago...but I wouldnt say at this point hes bad on the mic.

Also they will juice him up just short of killing him to get him to perform for these debates.  I think he will come out pretty strong for the first 20-30 minutes.

Then I think he will start to fade.

I dont expect him to have an overall embarrassing performance...but I will say Trump is good at making others look bad on the mic, and Biden will likely have at least one gaff.

Yea I assume they will pump him full of adderall or something.  Which isnt necessarily a bad thing or wrong.  They obviously gave something to Hillary as well because she normally couldn't give a speech without going into a ten minute coughing fit.   But she never coughed once during the debates.

9/23/20 10:51 AM
12/26/05

I am however fine with the press pumping this up as a slam dunk for Joe.

The more people who think that the better.  The ratings are gonna be off the hook for these debates, so it will be pretty hard to hold up any bullshit press narratives about them for more than a day.

9/23/20 11:19 AM
10/15/13
oranos -

This is how the left makes it through a day of reality in which Donald J Trump is a legitimate president.

I miss MadTV

9/23/20 11:34 AM
1/1/01

I’ll believe Grampa Joe will even debate Trump when I see it with my own eyes.

9/23/20 11:51 AM
1/1/01

I have a feeling Joe might start off well but will begin to fade as time goes on like in the primary debates. Add to the fact that Trump will put pressure on him, it might make things go even worse for him.

But as others have mentioned, there is concern that he’ll be given the questions beforehand. I doubt CNN losing their debate slot will deter others from doing the same. Too much on the line

9/23/20 11:52 AM
12/15/11
Briscoe -

My guess is that he's known the questions for some time now. 

^

9/23/20 12:28 PM
4/13/12
Fighting -

I was caught off guard last week. I thought mumbly joe couldn't finish a single sentence up until then. I was wrong.  He was doing a live q and a and spoke coherently for a good long time. Made a pretty fair point, though I disagree with, on social security tax deferment.  He gave a long and well thought out argument. 

Surprised me.  Cause I usually just see his fumbling, mumbling, rantings of an old man with early-onset dementia that we see in tiny clips. 

I still think he will be slaughtered by trump, but seeing him talk live in the debate may shock some that he isn't completely switched off yet. 

I don't think he's as bad off as social media makes him out to be.  I think he'll give djt a run for his money

9/23/20 12:30 PM
8/1/13

It dosnt matter how bad Joe does, the MSM will proclaim him the winner

9/23/20 12:30 PM
2/9/09

He did fine in the Democratic debates

9/23/20 12:57 PM
1/1/01
Maybe it is a translation problem.

By "own" the debates, maybe they are actually inferring that the debates will be "bought" for him.
9/23/20 1:10 PM
10/27/05

I'm really hoping, and I'm sure they are, that Trump's team is really gearing up for the possibility that somehow Joe really shows up for the debates. 

Maybe several quips like "You know I'm really glad the old Joe showed up tonight, you never know what you're going to get. Watching some of your scripted interviews go off the rails I'm glad to see you can still pull it together occasionally" 

It even works if he shows up as sleepy Joe too, just insert a "I was really hoping the old Joe..." instead and hit him with it repeatedly.

One way or another, I hope Trump is going to take a few jabs in that direction just to see what his response is. Do we get a push up contest challenge?

9/23/20 1:13 PM
1/1/01

I dont get why that tele mundo interview isnt a bigger deal. The media is allowing either preanswered questions on a teleprompter or soneone to type his answers mid interview.  Imagine if fox was doing that for Trump. Biden needs to be back in his basement for noon if he goes out. There is something seriously wrong here.

9/23/20 1:15 PM
3/2/11

No matter how Biden performs the agitprop will act like he was JFK on the mic

9/23/20 1:16 PM
3/15/06
Thage -

I'm really hoping, and I'm sure they are, that Trump's team is really gearing up for the possibility that somehow Joe really shows up for the debates. 

Maybe several quips like "You know I'm really glad the old Joe showed up tonight, you never know what you're going to get. Watching some of your scripted interviews go off the rails I'm glad to see you can still pull it together occasionally" 

It even works if he shows up as sleepy Joe too, just insert a "I was really hoping the old Joe..." instead and hit him with it repeatedly.

One way or another, I hope Trump is going to take a few jabs in that direction just to see what his response is. Do we get a push up contest challenge?

If Biden challenges him to a pushup contest Trump should say sure go first Joe. If he gets down and does pushups Trump should point to him and say that's sad what someone can get him to do, can you imagine him at the negotiating table?

9/23/20 1:19 PM
1/9/07

Fake it til you make it does NOT work in this scenario. 

9/23/20 1:19 PM
12/26/05
Oklahoma44 -
CavemanDave -

A bunch of articles like this in the past few days.

Apparently the left is currently under the assumption that Joe will mop the floor with Trump in the debates.

I say we roll with this narrative.  Anything less than a blowout by ol joe will be a big disappointment.

What say you OG?

The media is going to proclaim him the winner no matter what.

Yea but too many people will be watching. 

The media gets away with this in plenty of debates when the viewership is low.  Viewership will be through the roof.

9/23/20 1:32 PM
1/1/01

Told yall theres gonna be a debate. One way or the other, virus or not. The election is at stake. Couple lives here and there matter not. Not like there really has to be anyone there besides a camera crew, No show Joe and YOUR PRESIDENT.