OtherGround Forums Biden to OWN the debates?

9/23/20 1:48 PM
2/22/09
thedogofdogs -
Briscoe -

My guess is that he's known the questions for some time now. 

^

9/23/20 1:54 PM
9/8/02
I agree totally, and made this very point, probably 5 months ago.

Ed Rollins, a veteran GOP strategist who currently runs a pro-Trump super PAC, said the Trump campaign has “so diminished” Biden that he is virtually guaranteed to be perceived as the winner once he and Trump emerge from their first debate.

“Biden has clearly shown he can function, the bar is low and the expectations are so low, all he has to do is exceed those expectations,” Rollins said.
9/23/20 1:54 PM
2/22/09
Fighting -

I was caught off guard last week. I thought mumbly joe couldn't finish a single sentence up until then. I was wrong.  He was doing a live q and a and spoke coherently for a good long time. Made a pretty fair point, though I disagree with, on social security tax deferment.  He gave a long and well thought out argument. 

Surprised me.  Cause I usually just see his fumbling, mumbling, rantings of an old man with early-onset dementia that we see in tiny clips. 

I still think he will be slaughtered by trump, but seeing him talk live in the debate may shock some that he isn't completely switched off yet. 

I had a similar experience and I think that's the point the article is making.

Trump and his supporters have lowered the expectations for Biden so far that simply being coherent will be seen as a victory for Biden.

9/23/20 2:00 PM
6/5/05

Debates are the most overrated thing in the election cycle. Even sarah palin did fine. 

9/23/20 2:01 PM
12/26/05
yabadaba -
thedogofdogs -
Briscoe -

^

This might make sense if there wasnt already a track record of this sort of thing happening.

9/23/20 2:02 PM
1/9/02

lol @ thinking adderal works on dementia

you ppl are clueless. it doesnt work like that

9/23/20 2:03 PM
1/9/02

i dont know what Phet is

9/23/20 2:08 PM
3/15/06
yabadaba -
thedogofdogs -
Briscoe -

^

The person that leaked the questions last time was working for CNN and now they're working at Fox.

9/23/20 2:11 PM
2/22/09
CavemanDave -
yabadaba -
thedogofdogs -
Briscoe -

^

This might make sense if there wasnt already a track record of this sort of thing happening.

Can you elaborate?

Obviously we are talking about presidential elections here. Nobody cares if the democrats want to mess with their own primary by giving one candidate (Hillary) debate questions because they don't want another candidate (Bernie) to to represent their party.

9/23/20 2:11 PM
11/15/04
How will trump debate Biden on anything. Trump never offers up any real substance and only rants about how he's being mistreated and how everyone is out to get him. This will be a shit show just like the 2016 debates.

Biden wins by just showing up and not falling asleep.
9/23/20 2:12 PM
2/8/09
Al Cappucino -

This.

His Wife should be asked how in the hell she can allow her Husband to be pulled around like this knowing his brain is failing.How desperate is she to get back into the WH?

In some ways I feel bad for Joe. I’m sure he wants to be president but does he really want it that bad. It seems like everyone around him is using him just to get into the WH. 

9/23/20 2:20 PM
2/22/09
CuddleBug -
yabadaba -
thedogofdogs -
Briscoe -

^

The person that leaked the questions last time was working for CNN and now they're working at Fox.

Democratic political strategist Donna Brazile is not getting anywhere near the debate questions for a presidential election.

9/23/20 2:23 PM
1/1/01
This is why nobody trusts the media.

They're factual but not honest.
9/23/20 2:23 PM
11/9/10

They’re expecting the moderators to continue to do the heavy lifting for Joe. It doesn’t matter the man can’t form a cogent thought they will spend most of the time on bullshit gotcha questions for trump. 

9/23/20 2:26 PM
3/1/10

I've been saying this in the "Biden is gonna win" thread for weeks now.

Trump will lose the first debate. Most incumbents do.

He is reportedly doing zero debate prep. This is while Biden is having 9AM press lids almost every other day and most likely resting up and prepping for the debate next week.

Trump is not a strong debater. Never has been. He is good at talking shit, but that won't play when 1) he's the incumbent who has to defend his own record 2) there will be no live audience.

7/8/04
Bill Mahoney - 

Most the media will SAY that Biden won the debates yes. But he will not win the debates.
It's like election night. Trump will won & most the media will say "too close to call- we need to get more of mail in votes and there have been some accusations of voter suppression in key states that we gotta clear up before we play trucks victory speech."
Then they'll recount votes until they have enough to beat trump.
They will declare Biden the winner. Promise.
That's even if he asks u to vote him to congress again or shits himself

yes - everyone will say that their preferred candidate won! Liberal news will say Biden, Conservative news outlets will say Trump.

Where you really lost me is the election night thing. It's highly unlikely there can be a winner on election night with a pandemic and mail-in voting.

Is it crazy to say that you need to count all the votes (whether in person or by mail) before you declare a winner?

To echo your point, the in-person voting favours Trump. Trump will declare himself winner on election night. Mail in votes may change the result. Chaos ensues.
6/26/06

"hiii Biden". "the name's joe!"
9/23/20 2:27 PM
2/2/12

Look at you faggots already making up excuses and it has not even started.

You gotta take a look in the mirror when you are that invested in something. Wholly shit what a loser mentality.

9/23/20 2:27 PM
12/26/05
yabadaba -
CavemanDave -
yabadaba -
thedogofdogs -
Briscoe -

^

Can you elaborate?

Obviously we are talking about presidential elections here. Nobody cares if the democrats want to mess with their own primary by giving one candidate (Hillary) debate questions because they don't want another candidate (Bernie) to to represent their party.

Yea because the same corrupt media companies fucking with the debate question in the primaries would  never happen if they were running against the opposing party, which they treat with the utmost respect and reverence...right?

Give me a fucking break.  The corporate press is one of the least trusted institutions in America for a reason.

9/23/20 2:31 PM
1/1/01
JimmersonzGlove -

Debates are the most overrated thing in the election cycle. Even sarah palin did fine. 

I tend to agree they know the topics and can reasonably guess the questions. Memorize a few talking points that youve already been using for the past year and youre fine. In a one on one debate i think its easier because you aren't fighting for time. 

9/23/20 2:43 PM
12/17/06

Trump will trounce Biden.

Harris will trounce Pence.

9/23/20 2:49 PM
3/1/10
Altofsky -

Pence is a pussy who will try and play "Mr. Statesman". Dude has Paul Ryan energy.

9/23/20 2:54 PM
12/8/12
CuddleBug -
Thage -

I'm really hoping, and I'm sure they are, that Trump's team is really gearing up for the possibility that somehow Joe really shows up for the debates. 

Maybe several quips like "You know I'm really glad the old Joe showed up tonight, you never know what you're going to get. Watching some of your scripted interviews go off the rails I'm glad to see you can still pull it together occasionally" 

It even works if he shows up as sleepy Joe too, just insert a "I was really hoping the old Joe..." instead and hit him with it repeatedly.

One way or another, I hope Trump is going to take a few jabs in that direction just to see what his response is. Do we get a push up contest challenge?

If Biden challenges him to a pushup contest Trump should say sure go first Joe. If he gets down and does pushups Trump should point to him and say that's sad what someone can get him to do, can you imagine him at the negotiating table?

Beautiful champ....lmao

9/23/20 2:58 PM
12/17/06
VTCO - 
Altofsky -

Pence is a pussy who will try and play "Mr. Statesman". Dude has Paul Ryan energy.

Correct. He's entirely too soft to deal with a vitriolic cunt like Harris. She is going to thrash him.

9/23/20 3:12 PM
10/27/05
Whambo - 
JimmersonzGlove -

I tend to agree they know the topics and can reasonably guess the questions. Memorize a few talking points that youve already been using for the past year and youre fine. In a one on one debate i think its easier because you aren't fighting for time. 

Despite the fact that republicans have hyped how out of it Joe is, unless it's all been some bizarre act he drops at the opening of the debate theres a decent chance we see fuzzy responses from Joe. It seems entirely plausible that if he struggles to spit out prepared lines, prepared questions/answers, softball interviews, that actually having to answer a question he doesn't know ahead of time or refuting something Trump says that he could stumble like we've seen so many times recently.