OtherGround Forums Boris Johnson in hospital (COVID 19)

Edited: 4/9/20 2:57 PM
2/24/11

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52177125

UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson admitted to hospital for tests, 10 days after testing positive for coronavirus

No more info just yet. I will update.

06 Apr:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52192604

Prime Minister Boris Johnson has been taken into intensive care in hospital with coronavirus.

07 Apr 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52201048

Prime Minister Boris Johnson is "in good spirits" after spending the night in intensive care being treated for coronavirus, No 10 has said.

A spokesman said Mr Johnson, 55, was stable overnight and is being given oxygen and is not on a ventilator.

8 Apr

Boris Johnson's 'temperature has fallen' a day after going into intensive care

Boris Johnson’s persistently high temperature has fallen as he continues emergency treatment for coronavirus, it has been reported.

Mr Johnson was rushed to intensive care at St Thomas’ Hospital in central London at 7pm on Monday after he failed to overcome symptoms of Covid-19.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/breaking

09 APR

Prime Minister Boris Johnson has been moved out of intensive care but remains in hospital, Downing Street has said.

No 10 said he "has been moved this evening from intensive care back to the ward, where he will receive close monitoring during the early phase of his recovery".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52238276

Edited: 4/5/20 4:27 PM
5/19/17

Mr Johnson "continues to have persistent symptoms of coronavirus", a spokeswoman said.

It was described as a "precautionary step" taken on the advice of his doctor.

"FEARS grew over Boris Johnson's health today as he entered his 10th day of self-isolation and aides said he "looked dreadful".
The Health Secretary Matt Hancock, recovered after also testing positive for coronavirus last week, insisted the PM was "OK" but still had a temperature.

Government aides said he had been "coughing and spluttering" on video conference calls over the last few days.
It sparked fears the PM's health is deteriorating, with doctors saying patients are at risk of developing pneumonia if a temperature persists for more than a week.

Last night his pregnant fiance Carrie Symonds tweeted that she had been in bed for the last week with coronavirus symptoms

4/5/20 4:25 PM
5/19/17

4/5/20 4:28 PM
3/13/18

Yikes. First leader yo get crushed like this? He isn’t exactly in prime physical shape

4/5/20 4:29 PM
2/24/11

As much as I don't like the guy, I do wish him and his pregnant gf well. She is also showing symptoms of the virus. Thr UK doesn't need another power struggle right now. 

At the same time, the muppet was saying he was shaking everybody's hands during a visit to a hospital. 

We all need to be careful, COVID doesn't give a fuck of your social status. Stay safe everyone. 

4/5/20 4:30 PM
1/12/07

Time to give him some hydroxychloroquine. hope he pulls through.

4/5/20 4:34 PM
10/22/14
GrindOnLine -

As much as I don't like the guy, I do wish him and his pregnant gf well. She is also showing symptoms of the virus. Thr UK doesn't need another power struggle right now. 

At the same time, the muppet was saying he was shaking everybody's hands during a visit to a hospital. 

We all need to be careful, COVID doesn't give a fuck of your social status. Stay safe everyone. 

I hope he is in and out pretty quick. I am a little worried a bad experience for him will result in more severe restrictions on our freedom.

4/5/20 4:34 PM
2/8/08
GrindOnLine - 

I would like to start calling people muppets. Is there a proper time or reason? Is it the same as calling someone an idiot? Is it a fighting word?
4/5/20 4:36 PM
1/1/01

Labour is creaming their panties right now while cheering on the covid

4/5/20 4:38 PM
2/24/11
de braco -

This is not a partisanship issue. Fuck off. 

4/5/20 4:40 PM
12/5/17

Rumor has it that he was still shaking hands from the gurney

4/5/20 4:42 PM
2/24/11
SeattlesbigDprolapsedME -
GrindOnLine - 

I would like to start calling people muppets. Is there a proper time or reason? Is it the same as calling someone an idiot? Is it a fighting word?

A muppet is an idiot. I find it less aggravating than idiot but it’s all about context and intonation.

4/5/20 4:43 PM
5/19/17

Boris is a fighter.  Get well soon.

4/5/20 4:46 PM
1/1/01
GrindOnLine -
de braco -

Are you going to deny that isn't the case. Really? It shouldn't be a partisan issue, but a quick peruse around will prove my statement 100% correct. So you can fuck right off, i saw your virtue however

4/5/20 4:52 PM
4/20/02

Had a friend who was sick with the coronavirus for almost three weeks. His breathing never got bad enough to be hospitalized. But he still said it was the sickest he'd ever been, coughing until his ribs ached, feeling like he was in a freezer when he was actually burning up with fever. He said imagine the worst flu you've ever had then multiply that by 10.

4/5/20 5:04 PM
2/24/11
de braco -
GrindOnLine -
de braco -

Are you going to deny that isn't the case. Really? It shouldn't be a partisan issue, but a quick peruse around will prove my statement 100% correct. So you can fuck right off, i saw your virtue however

Some are and some aren't, labour and conservatives alike. BoJo is a controversial  figure among the left and the right. Don't turn this into a right vs left, you have plenty of threads for that you bellend. 

Let's focus on the virus.

4/5/20 5:38 PM
5/19/17
oblongo - 

Had a friend who was sick with the coronavirus for almost three weeks. His breathing never got bad enough to be hospitalized. But he still said it was the sickest he'd ever been, coughing until his ribs ached, feeling like he was in a freezer when he was actually burning up with fever. He said imagine the worst flu you've ever had then multiply that by 10.

Tweet from, 

Andrew Neil
@afneil
·
24m
Given there is currently quite a high bar for hospital admittance, Boris Johnson’s “precautionary” hospitalisation is quite worrying. Given his pregnant partner is also suffering Covid symptoms, this is a very tough time for both of them.

4/5/20 5:44 PM
7/4/16
GrindOnLine -
de braco -
GrindOnLine -
de braco -

Some are and some aren't, labour and conservatives alike. BoJo is a controversial  figure among the left and the right. Don't turn this into a right vs left, you have plenty of threads for that you bellend. 

I had to Google "bellend"

Well played sir, well played

4/5/20 5:48 PM
1/1/01
oblongo - 

I"m not sure why the virus has such a wide range of varying symptoms depending on the person infected.   I remember the interview with the 66 year old from the Diamond Princess that got it.  He said his bout with bronchitus a few years earlier was ten times worse.  It's also strange that his wife didn't contract it at all considering she was sleeping in the same bed as him.

Tom Hanks is 63 and has diabetes.  He said at its worse the symptoms he had wasn't much more than a mild cold.

4/5/20 5:53 PM
5/22/05
Soup and Beer -
oblongo - 

I"m not sure why the virus has such a wide range of varying symptoms depending on the person infected.   I remember the interview with the 66 year old from the Diamond Princess that got it.  He said his bout with bronchitus a few years earlier was ten times worse.  It's also strange that his wife didn't contract it at all considering she was sleeping in the same bed as him.

Tom Hanks is 63 and has diabetes.  He said at its worse the symptoms he had wasn't much more than a mild cold.

One theory is the way you contract it matters. If you get a high viral load from a cough more likely to have severe case.

4/5/20 6:04 PM
3/9/13
banco -
Soup and Beer -
oblongo - 

One theory is the way you contract it matters. If you get a high viral load from a cough more likely to have severe case.

I read a research paper on this today. The conclusion was that viral load did have a substantial impact on severity. 

4/5/20 6:38 PM
1/1/01
GrindOnLine -
de braco -
GrindOnLine -
de braco -

i'm not saying it wouldn't be the same with the tories a short while ago if it were corbyn slowly drowning in his own muck. Bellend, huh. i take it your a philosopher then

4/5/20 6:40 PM
12/29/06

Don't forget there are as many as 8 strains of it, plus human variability in immune response.

Edited: 4/5/20 6:50 PM
9/18/12
GrindOnLine -
de braco -
GrindOnLine -
de braco -

“Focus on the virus”.

Politics have everything to do with it.

People are reacting positively and negatively because he is a political figure.

If he was nobody the thread wouldn’t have even been created. You put his name in the title for a reason, muppet.

4/5/20 6:52 PM
5/19/17

The BBC journalist, Andrew Neil, tweeted this:

"Given there is currently quite a high bar for hospital admittance, Boris Johnson’s “precautionary” hospitalisation is quite worrying. Given his pregnant partner is also suffering Covid symptoms, this is a very tough time for both of them."

A  NYT/Huff Post writer responded:

Emily Jane O'Dell
@emilyjodell
·
1h
Replying to
@afneil
But if he dies we can't try him in the Hague...

Twitter shit storm ensues.