OtherGround Forums Boris Johnson is the new UK Prime Minister.

7/30/19 8:56 AM
3/27/03
ivor biggun -
jacktripper -
BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane -
HULC - 
BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane - 
jacktripper - 
HULC - "I'd be more concerned about freedom of movement."

Once we're out of the EU anyone moving into the UK without permission to do so is an illegal immigrant, regardless of whether they came through Ulster, Dover, or any other method of entry.

All nonsense aside, that includes all the Irish who enter Northen Ireland, and the other way. In all seriousness, do you not see how this could lead could be problematic and potentially lead to trouble?

"In all seriousness, do you not see how this could lead could be problematic and potentially lead to trouble?"

Educate us... what are these apocalyptic consequences you envision?

I am worried about the very real prospect of a return of to the troubles. I am amazing that anyone isn't. I am guessing this just down to ignorance of the situation. TBF in your case you have an excuse as you live thousands of miles away, of course you have no understanding of the situation. 

This is not a thing of the past, its a powder keg ready to explode again. These groups are still very much around and active...

You're scared that terrorists who hate the UK might not like that the UK is leaving the EU, therefore the entire country should surrender to their wishes. That's appeasement, and it's pathetic.

No, I am scared that when we piss all over the peace agreement it might cost lots of innocent lives. The fact that doesn't bother you says everything about you. Anyway this is getting boring, we are going round in circles. I actually hope you are correct and it all goes very smoothly. I just can't see it. 

Most brits would rather deal with some drunk paddies phoning in bomb threats than the mass slaughters and suicide bombers at Ariana grande concerts globalists bring 

wtf? irish terrorism has cost many lives and maimed and injured many more, its far more than "drunk paddies phoning in bomb threats"

What's their body count in the last 20 years?

they wouldn't last 5 seconds today... the uber woke brits would love the chance to pander to the muslim invader vote by going after white Christian terrorists 

7/30/19 8:58 AM
11/28/08

What was it that happened 20 years ago for that to be the cut off point?

Must have been pretty important.

7/30/19 6:56 PM
1/1/01
anthonyMI -

We joined the EU? We signed a free trade agreement with the EU? We agreed to free movement within the EU?

Oh no, none of that was in any way related to the GFA, and your weird little commune of leftists are just rallying behind the lie that leaving with no deal will break it. What a joke.

7/30/19 6:59 PM
1/1/01
yabadaba -
HULC -
Turtle Lock - 

if he can make them feel they are genuinely at risk of a no deal scenario then they will start to break ranks and the EU will have to cave in .

You cannot seriously believe that?

Walking away from trade negotiations is equivalent to burning down your own house and then trying to buy a new one? This is the level of political analysis you think is convincing?? And you wonder why you lost the referendum???

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I don't think he could have made his point any clearer. But you still don't get it.

I got it, it was just retarded. I don't think i could have made my opinion on it any clearer, yet somehow you still missed it.

7/31/19 9:57 PM
2/22/09
HULC -
yabadaba -
HULC -
Turtle Lock - 

if he can make them feel they are genuinely at risk of a no deal scenario then they will start to break ranks and the EU will have to cave in .

Walking away from trade negotiations is equivalent to burning down your own house and then trying to buy a new one? This is the level of political analysis you think is convincing?? And you wonder why you lost the referendum???

I don't think he could have made his point any clearer. But you still don't get it.

I got it, it was just retarded. I don't think i could have made my opinion on it any clearer, yet somehow you still missed it.

If you got it why did you misrepresent what he said? What you said is retarded. What he said is not.

8/10/19 7:27 AM
1/1/01
yabadaba - 
HULC -
yabadaba -
HULC -
Turtle Lock - 

If you got it why did you misrepresent what he said? What you said is retarded. What he said is not.

I quoted what he said. There's no misrepresentation, his argument is just retarded. What about this is beyond you?
8/10/19 7:28 AM
1/1/01
HULC - 
HULC - 
jacktripper - 
HULC - "I'd be more concerned about freedom of movement."

Once we're out of the EU anyone moving into the UK without permission to do so is an illegal immigrant, regardless of whether they came through Ulster, Dover, or any other method of entry.

All nonsense aside, that includes all the Irish who enter Northen Ireland, and the other way. In all seriousness, do you not see how this could lead could be problematic and potentially lead to trouble?

"In all seriousness, do you not see how this could lead could be problematic and potentially lead to trouble?"

Educate us... what are these apocalyptic consequences you envision?

I am worried about the very real prospect of a return of to the troubles. I am amazing that anyone isn't. I am guessing this just down to ignorance of the situation. TBF in your case you have an excuse as you live thousands of miles away, of course you have no understanding of the situation. 

This is not a thing of the past, its a powder keg ready to explode again. These groups are still very much around and active...

You're scared that terrorists who hate the UK might not like that the UK is leaving the EU, therefore the entire country should surrender to their wishes. That's appeasement, and it's pathetic.

No, I am scared that when we piss all over the peace agreement it might cost lots of innocent lives. The fact that doesn't bother you says everything about you. Anyway this is getting boring, we are going round in circles. I actually hope you are correct and it all goes very smoothly. I just can't see it. 

I linked you the GFA in its entirety and asked tou to quote where we are breaking it. I'm still waiting.

I'm still waiting btw.
8/10/19 7:56 AM
3/27/03
anthonyMI -

Ok make it 30 years then... my point still stands 

8/10/19 9:55 AM
2/22/09
HULC -
yabadaba - 
HULC -
yabadaba -
HULC -
Turtle Lock - 

I quoted what he said. There's no misrepresentation, his argument is just retarded. What about this is beyond you?

The video is right there and anyone can see that you did not quote what he said.

What you said is retarded. What he said is not.

8/10/19 6:29 PM
1/1/01
yabadaba -
HULC -
yabadaba - 
HULC -
yabadaba -
HULC -
Turtle Lock - 

The video is right there and anyone can see that you did not quote what he said.

Zzzzzz

You just repeating your one liner is probably even more retarded than the retarded argument in the video itself.

8/10/19 9:13 PM
2/22/09
HULC - 
yabadaba -
HULC -
yabadaba - 
HULC -
yabadaba -
HULC -
Turtle Lock - 

Zzzzzz

You just repeating your one liner is probably even more retarded than the retarded argument in the video itself.

The video is only 2:54 long. Can anyone help HULC out here and point out this alleged quote?
8/11/19 5:16 AM
1/1/01
yabadaba -
HULC - 
yabadaba -
HULC -
yabadaba - 
HULC -
yabadaba -
HULC -
Turtle Lock - 

Zzzzzz

The video is only 2:54 long. Can anyone help HULC out here and point out this alleged quote?

Zzzzzzz

8/11/19 6:01 AM
2/22/09

HULC sleepy.

8/11/19 6:40 AM
10/22/14
yabadaba -
HULC -
yabadaba - 
HULC -
yabadaba -
HULC -
Turtle Lock - 

Lol, no, what was said in the video was retarded. Leaving the eu with no deal is not equivalent to burning the country down or burning down the trading relationship to the eu. 

Do you think if uk leaves the eu with no deal that eu and uk just simply stop trading goods? Because that is what is implied by his absolute shit analogy. 

8/11/19 9:11 AM
3/27/03
Jayn200 -
yabadaba -
HULC -
yabadaba - 
HULC -
yabadaba -
HULC -
Turtle Lock - 

Lol, no, what was said in the video was retarded. Leaving the eu with no deal is not equivalent to burning the country down or burning down the trading relationship to the eu. 

Do you think if uk leaves the eu with no deal that eu and uk just simply stop trading goods? Because that is what is implied by his absolute shit analogy. 

Project fear has a tactic of inventing some bizarre hypothetical problem and demanding brexiteers solve their imaginary crisis 

8/11/19 9:16 AM
3/27/03

apparently they fear dairy farmers are going to go out and slaughter their herds over some crisis involving milk they've come up with 

8/11/19 4:26 PM
2/22/09
Jayn200 -
yabadaba -
HULC -
yabadaba - 
HULC -
yabadaba -
HULC -
Turtle Lock - 

Obviously that is not what he is implying. He's pointing out that the UK does not have much leverage. If the UK exits without a deal they fall back on WTO rules and the EU knows that will not be good for the UK.

The idea that if Johnson can convince the EU that the UK is serious about pursuing a no-deal Brexit they will get a better deal is a pipe dream. Johnson knows he's not getting a better deal but what else is he going to say?

8/11/19 4:38 PM
2/22/09

Here's a pretty balanced perspective on what you've labelled "some crisis involving milk they've come up with":

'There are more than 3,000 dairy farmers with around 300,000 cattle in Northern Ireland.

The dairy industry is viewed as particularly vulnerable to a fall in demand because milk cannot be stored for long periods.

Nearly a third of all raw milk produced in Northern Ireland each year, up to 800 million litres, is exported to the Republic of Ireland for processing...

If tariffs are applied, the price of milk products from Northern Ireland could escalate by an estimated 40%, meaning a possible collapse of large proportion of the market...'

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2019/0808/1067753-dairy-cows-brexit/

8/11/19 4:39 PM
8/15/07

UK does not need a deal. They will be fine, assuming there's at one least person near the helm that's not a complete moron, without one.

8/14/19 8:45 AM
3/27/03
yabadaba -

Here's a pretty balanced perspective on what you've labelled "some crisis involving milk they've come up with":

'There are more than 3,000 dairy farmers with around 300,000 cattle in Northern Ireland.

The dairy industry is viewed as particularly vulnerable to a fall in demand because milk cannot be stored for long periods.

Nearly a third of all raw milk produced in Northern Ireland each year, up to 800 million litres, is exported to the Republic of Ireland for processing...

If tariffs are applied, the price of milk products from Northern Ireland could escalate by an estimated 40%, meaning a possible collapse of large proportion of the market...'

Give up sovereignty to prop up dairy farmers?

8/14/19 4:28 PM
12/28/04

A US-UK trade deal will not get through Congress if Brexit undermines the Good Friday Agreement, the Speaker of the US House of Representatives has said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49348062

8/21/19 8:35 AM
1/1/01
jacktripper - 
Jayn200 -
yabadaba -
HULC -
yabadaba - 
HULC -
yabadaba -
HULC -
Turtle Lock - 

Project fear has a tactic of inventing some bizarre hypothetical problem and demanding brexiteers solve their imaginary crisis 

Very nicely put.
8/21/19 8:38 AM
1/1/01

A US-UK trade deal will not get through Congress if Brexit undermines the Good Friday Agreement, the Speaker of the US House of Representatives has said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49348062

And I'm STILL waiting for you to show me where brexit would breech the GFA.

Lol

It was your big go-to point for pages when you rambled on and on about our requirements and the legal problems and blah blah blah. But as soon as i actually linked you to the agreement and asked you to quote what we would break you went silent as a monk. What a dick tuck.
8/21/19 8:40 AM
1/1/01
Jayn200 - 
yabadaba -
HULC -
yabadaba - 
HULC -
yabadaba -
HULC -
Turtle Lock - 

Watch out, he might hit you with his "nuh-uh, it isn't retarded YOU'RE retarded!" argument. He seems to think it's a winner.
8/21/19 8:46 AM
1/1/01
yabadaba - 

And yet the Republic of Ireland is even more reliant on exports to the UK:

"In terms of specific sectoral exposure:

Almost 50% of our beef exports go to UK,
About 22% of our dairy exports go to the UK, of which:
41% is cheese, 26% is butter and 12% is SMP;
Cheddar is the largest dairy export to the UK - 47% (81k tonnes) of Irish cheddar cheese is exported to the UK.
Some 47% of cheddar exported to the UK is of Irish origin.
99% of mushroom and 71% forestry products and more than 62% of prepared consumer foods are exported to the UK."

https://www.agriculture.gov.ie/brexit/tradeandstatistics/#targetText=Almost%2050%25%20of%20our%20beef,is%20exported%20to%20the%20UK.

It's almost like it would be even more in their interests not to impose tariffs. And even if they did, it's almost like the mutual fall off in trade would lead to an increased market share for domestic producers.

But yeh, fuck sovereignty, democracy, and politics, if we can come up with a hypothetical scenario that makes brexit look bad. Lol.