OtherGround Forums Boss Did Not Like My VacatioAutomatic E-mail Reply

10 days ago
12/18/07

So, I was on vacation last week and set an automatic e-mail reply message that stated I was on vacation, that people who needed immediate help could contact another employee and gave their contact info., and that I would delete all e-mails received during my time off without reviewing them and to resend any important e-mails when I returned.

Boss didn't like that last part and e-mailed me his response (which I will claim I deleted without reading as promised).

Vacations are time off, not fucking time delayed.  I don't feel like spending my entire first day back sorting through bullshit "reply all" e-mail conversations.

10 days ago
5/10/08
You sound like you would have trouble functioning in a typical office environment.

I don't disagree with you... but your approach tends not to work in typical work environments.
10 days ago
2/4/07
Sounds like you're a step away from gunning everyone down in your office.
10 days ago
12/18/07
lionsoul - You sound like you would have trouble functioning in a typical office environment.

I don't disagree with you... but your approach tends not to work in typical work environments.

I think it is more of the office environment has trouble staying out of my personal life.

I have a company cell phone, laptop, and employee portal on the company's website - all designed to invade my time after work.  Then my e-mail inbox acts like a pause button for the time I'm off.  Fucking tired of it...

10 days ago
12/18/07

These motherfuckers should be using goddamn Microsoft Teams anyway...

10 days ago
3/19/04
Kip Kinkle -
lionsoul - You sound like you would have trouble functioning in a typical office environment.

I think it is more of the office environment has trouble staying out of my personal life.

I have a company cell phone, laptop, and employee portal on the company's website - all designed to invade my time after work.  Then my e-mail inbox acts like a pause button for the time I'm off.  Fucking tired of it...

lol

Get your furry ass back on that hamster wheel.

10 days ago
6/26/17

He’s right, it’s a fucking week off, you aren’t going for a heart transplant.

10 days ago
12/18/07
Canooke -
Kip Kinkle -

lol

Get your furry ass back on that hamster wheel.

Lucky for you the fryer waits for no man...

10 days ago
7/16/13
Kip Kinkle -

spot on.

10 days ago
7/4/16

First day back at work, wear a dress.

Noone will ask about your email reply

10 days ago
5/13/11

You too good for this world. We dont deserve you.

10 days ago
10/26/18

10 days ago
8/1/09

Just leave off the emails are getting deleted part. Everything else you did was standard. You were just trying to get away with being a smart ass. Hope you enjoyed your vacation. 

10 days ago
6/6/17
Sandy Pantz - Sounds like you're a step away from gunning everyone down in your office.

LOLOLOL!

10 days ago
3/2/09
Kip Kinkle -

Except what you're really bitching about is "catching up" when you're back to work.  They pay you, you do the work required.  I get not responding while on vacation, but if your boss wants you to spend your 1st day back catching up then do it.  I'd imagine you've pissed on your own feet several times with that outlook 

10 days ago
7/31/09
A_Butler -

Just leave off the emails are getting deleted part. Everything else you did was standard. You were just trying to get away with being a smart ass. Hope you enjoyed your vacation. 

This. No need to delete. Just say you won't be responding to matters that aren't an emergency. Vacation is vacation. Don't bother me. I took days off for a reason.

10 days ago
12/18/07

What's the problem with asking people resend important shit when I get back?

Just forward that important e-mail with a delay delivery until I get back.  Not hard.

I don't have a problem catching up, I have a problem wading through the bullshit to get to the important stuff.

10 days ago
5/2/02

You’re being a passive aggressive twat.  You also seem to be under the misguided notion that you only work when in the office.  If you’re a salaried employee then your job is to get the job done.  That’s why you can step out for a dentist appointment or a long lunch, because you’re hitting deliverables.  By that same token, if you can’t do all you need to do during core hours, then you need to figure out a way to do it outside those hours. 

10 days ago
12/10/09

You sound like a shit employee. They should fire you

10 days ago
12/18/07
nottheface -

You’re being a passive aggressive twat.  You also seem to be under the misguided notion that you only work when in the office.  If you’re a salaried employee then your job is to get the job done.  That’s why you can step out for a dentist appointment or a long lunch, because you’re hitting deliverables.  By that same token, if you can’t do all you need to do during core hours, then you need to figure out a way to do it outside those hours. 

Well, ass-fuck, I'm trying to maximize efficiency by having important messages sort themselves instead of wasting my time sorting through the junk e-mails we all receive on a routine basis.

I understand what my job is, faggot.

Edited: 10 days ago
3/2/09

Obviously you don't understand what your job is, since your boss had to clarify. 

Do you actually believe anyone needing your service should have to waste their time emailing you again because you think you're took important to sort through some emails?  

10 days ago
6/25/17

Having spent the better part of my life in a corporate environment (25 years), I think the man is absolutely correct.   Vacation is vacation. If you even remotely worked while on vacation, you shouldn’t have to claim it as such.  The company email, constant phone access, computer portals...when is enough enough?  This is all part of the reason I got out and now work for myself.  No more corporate overlords to constantly watch over me or have to report back to.   Love capitalism, just moreso on my own GD time.  

10 days ago
11/9/05

Does your job require collaboration with customer/clients?

If you have a position interacting with customers, and actually left instructions to resend e-mails when it was more convenient for you or else they would be deleted, then your boss has every right to be pissed. That's breathtakingly doltish.

10 days ago
12/18/07
BlueDream -

Obviously you don't understand what your job is, since your boss had to clarify. 

Do you actually believe anyone needing your service should have to waste their time emailing you again because you think you're took important to sort through some emails?  

First item - you are a retard

Second item - yes, but a low self esteem individual like yourself might not understand (see item one)

10 days ago
12/18/07
itskrisdude -

Does your job require collaboration with customer/clients?

If you have a position interacting with customers, and actually left instructions to resend e-mails when it was more convenient for you or else they would be deleted, then your boss has every right to be pissed. That's breathtakingly doltish.

I don't deal with real customers or clients.