OtherGround Forums Brendon Schaub trashes all black UFC panel

20 days ago
12/4/18

Every time I hear this guy on any podcast these days he goes out of his way to prove how non racist he is. He calls everybody else racist. You can see here where all of that stems from. 

20 days ago
9/15/07

dumb thing to say.

20 days ago
7/9/10

This is old right?

20 days ago
1/20/11

Heard this criticism of his before, what a legit piece of shit.  Every one of the guys hes criticizing is better than hell ever be at giving color or breakdowns on fights. 

What a truly stupid thing for him to say. The UFC is one of those places where fans enjoy fighters and characters of all walks of life - but this giant mongoloid makes it about race when there's a significant portion of the UFC that isn't white.  

20 days ago
1/20/11
temujen -

Heard this criticism of his before, what a legit piece of shit.  Every one of the guys hes criticizing is better than hell ever be at giving color or breakdowns on fights. 

What a truly stupid thing for him to say. The UFC is one of those places where fans enjoy fighters and characters of all walks of life - but this giant mongoloid makes it about race when there's a significant portion of the UFC that isn't white.  

*didnt mean to exclude Karen bryant.

20 days ago
5/22/16

I really enjoy listening to Rogan and his comedic crew, I especially like the new JRE MMA podcasts.  

It’s strange how Schaub has slid in there though.  I genuinely don’t like the guy.  He’s not funny at all, and when he’s trying to be it comes off really forced and disingenuous.  Just not a fan. 

20 days ago
3/21/12

lmao @ schaub almost slurring his words as he says "are those the best speakers" 

20 days ago
9/2/02
This is over a year old...
Edited: 20 days ago
6/10/10

to Schaub's credit, at least he didn't ask "are those the goodest word sayers?"

20 days ago
12/4/18

20 days ago
6/30/07
kitzsu - This is over a year old...

20 days ago
8/3/12
kitzsu - This is over a year old...

Yeah it is.  I thought that maybe Schaub had forgot he said it the first time and brought it up again lol

20 days ago
7/15/17

I thought everyone born in rasied in Colorado was racist 

20 days ago
7/4/05
When I heard him say "exscape goat", I decided I would never listen to another word he said. I don't regret my decision.
20 days ago
1/20/11
God Of Thunder -

Classy response.  I didnt really even think about how what Brendan said invalidates the work and time they've put into their careers. 

20 days ago
8/2/19

Well those are clearly not the best speakers for a general audience.  And he's probably right about them using this to show how progressive they are with an all-black panel.

What part of what he said is wrong?

20 days ago
11/10/18

Looks like an even more retarded Joey Fatone. 

20 days ago
12/4/18
jspeed -

Well those are clearly not the best speakers for a general audience.  And he's probably right about them using this to show how progressive they are with an all-black panel.

What part of what he said is wrong?

I don’t have any problem with what he said initially. Its how he backpedals then kisses ass  of the person or persons he offended. I was a fan of king and the sting podcast till recently. He’s brought in all his unfunny mixed race comedian friends to show how “non racist” he is. It’s really wrecked the dynamic of the show 

20 days ago
1/1/01

4/24/07
temujen - 

It's stupid to say only because we live in "woke" culture now where everything is labeled as "Racism". I doubt people could even define the word Racism without having to look it up and even then the "woke" culture would say the dictionary is wrong. 

His point is valid, just uncomfortable. We see this more and more but not just with race. All sorts of brands are dipping their toes into the "woke" culture. Sexual preferences, gender, the patriarchy and countless other political topics are being used to push an agenda. The question he is asking is if the people on the show are best suited to be on that show. How much more valid of a question can there be?  Is Denzel Washington best suited to play as Tom Hanks in his biography? Of course not, that's silly.  That's all that's being asked. 

If you really want to get into racism then we can discuss how having an all ______ panel is racist regardless of what race you fill the blank in with. If they're all black than Asians, Indians, and Arabs are all being marginalized more and so on. 

Key question, is it for the good of the show or does it make us feel better? I don't see how increasing or descreasing the amount of appearances of any single race can be good for any show, it really only leaves us with "it feels good". Which is an awful way of trying to navigate life as most times the outcome is the opposite of what was trying to be accomplished. 

I think it's silly for companies to rush to pretend that they're not racist, sexist or homophobic. First of all, I don't buy any of it. Every business is motivated by making money. They're only doing these things for that very purpose. It's not genuine. They are trying to make money off of political topics  we as citizens take seriously. 

Secondly, NOBODY ACCUSED YOU! Everytime a murder happens in Detroit, I don't go to the police station to let them know I wasn't the one who did it. So why do these companies need to defend themselves from positions nobody is attributing to them. Look at Gillette, nobody accused them of supporting or fueling toxic masculinity but they felt the need to preach to everyone how "woke" they are and how everyone else should be as "woke" as them. 

It's all fake and it's all for money. That's why people have issue with it. While you as an individual might have similar ideals, they are simply just using those ideals to make money. If racism wasn't such a popular topic at the moment would those same people be hosting the show? Probably not. The only racism that can be pointed out here is that of the companies who pretend to care as they count your money. 

20 days ago
12/4/18

20 days ago
6/20/14

20 days ago
3/12/14

Hooray for old news

Go put this on the UG, they are obsessed with him. 

12/4/18
Conor McGazelle -

Hooray for old news

The UG is a dead forum 

19 days ago
8/2/19
God Of Thunder -
Conor McGazelle -

Hooray for old news

The UG is a dead forum 

So not much different than OG?