OtherGround Forums BruteDion's 2019 Top 200 Fantasy Football Rankings

11 days ago
3/17/14

To further explain my point. Let's say the running play is a inside zone run. Let's also say the defense is in a Wide 9(which was common among the eagles who also have a good defense.). Now because it's an inside zone and against a Wide 9, Stanley would most likely just have to worry about the wide 9 DE. That is pretty much an easy block for him.

It does not matter what the result of the run play is for Stanley in that single PFF metric. I like PFF but not all their metrics are useful.

11 days ago
1/14/07
BruteDion - 

To further explain my point. Let's say the running play is a inside zone run. Let's also say the defense is in a Wide 9(which was common among the eagles who also have a good defense.). Now because it's an inside zone and against a Wide 9, Stanley would most likely just have to worry about the wide 9 DE. That is pretty much an easy block for him.

It does not matter what the result of the run play is for Stanley in that single PFF metric. I like PFF but not all their metrics are useful.

So what metric are you using?

Are you watching full 22 tape of every game for every player in the league and grading them?

PFF does and their rankings and outlook on players is almost always directionally if not right on the money.
11 days ago
5/18/12

Bell too high

Obj too low

11 days ago
3/17/14
RdotC -
BruteDion - 

Are you watching full 22 tape of every game for every player in the league and grading them?

PFF does and their rankings and outlook on players is almost always directionally if not right on the money.

They watch it more then almost anyone else out there. Data collection does not mean understanding and breaking down data. 

As I said, I love PFF and they are good. However not all metrics are created equal and Negative graded block rate is one of them. It just is an incomplete stat. What is expected as a result of his blocking and how important it is per play is important relative to the defensive front he is facing at the time and that metric does not take that into account. Nothing more, nothing less.

11 days ago
3/17/14
Jhay -

Bell too high

Obj too low

If Gordon and Zeke come back Bell is dropping for sure. I would rather have them both over him.

11 days ago
1/14/07
BruteDion - 
RdotC -
BruteDion - 

They watch it more then almost anyone else out there. Data collection does not mean understanding and breaking down data. 

As I said, I love PFF and they are good. However not all metrics are created equal and Negative graded block rate is one of them. It just is an incomplete stat. What is expected as a result of his blocking and how important it is per play is important relative to the defensive front he is facing at the time and that metric does not take that into account. Nothing more, nothing less.

So what are you basing it off?

The Ravens rushed for over 200 yards a game once Lamar took over. You don't put out that type of historic production with a below average left tackle at run blocking. Especially when you don't have any other standout run blocking lineman outside of RG.
11 days ago
1/14/07
Regardless... there is a roughly 0.0% chance the Ravens move Stanley being he is a top tier LT and you sure as fuck don't want an average LT protecting the blindside of a QB that is already going to take more hits than an average starter due to his runs.
11 days ago
3/17/14
RdotC -
BruteDion - 
RdotC -
BruteDion - 

The Ravens rushed for over 200 yards a game once Lamar took over. You don't put out that type of historic production with a below average left tackle at run blocking. Especially when you don't have any other standout run blocking lineman outside of RG.

I'm basing it off everything including eye test. There is no single stat that can tell you how well any lineman is at the run game as a whole so all should be used. Including 26th out of 30 ranking in impact blocking amount LT.

I'm not saying he sucks. Hes a solid run blocking LT. However the Raven could want more then just solid when hes a young as he. Hes very valuable to other teams (and maybe the ravens aswell...that's why I'm interested). What the Raven wants most likely are vastly different then what almost every other team wants as their gameplan is very different then most NFL teams right now.

11 days ago
1/14/07
BruteDion - 
RdotC -
BruteDion - 
RdotC -
BruteDion - 

I'm basing it off everything including eye test. There is no single stat that can tell you how well any lineman is at the run game as a whole so all should be used. Including 26th out of 30 ranking in impact blocking amount LT.

I'm not saying he sucks. Hes a solid run blocking LT. However the Raven could want more then just solid when hes a young as he. Hes very valuable to other teams (and maybe the ravens aswell...that's why I'm interested). What the Raven wants most likely are vastly different then what almost every other team wants as their gameplan is very different then most NFL teams right now.

I'll give you 100:1 odds that Stanley is still in Baltimore at the end of the season.
11 days ago
3/17/14
RdotC -
BruteDion - 
RdotC -
BruteDion - 
RdotC -
BruteDion - 

I'll give you 100:1 odds that Stanley is still in Baltimore at the end of the season.

Why would I take that bet? I think you are either not understanding what I'm saying or want to try and get some cash from be because you know you will lose the Andrews bet

9 days ago
3/17/14

Slight edit will be coming next week when medicals in some players come out

5 days ago
3/17/14

New rankings are up on page 1!

5 days ago
3/17/14

I was impressed by Preston Williams the WR for Miami.

I also added Jakobi Meyers for the later rounds as he could have a role with Dorsett not being 100% right now and Josh Gordon not being with the team. 

5 days ago
5/10/03
RdotC -
BruteDion - 
RdotC -
BruteDion - 
RdotC -
BruteDion - 

This...

Texans would take him if he’s on the trade block!

5 days ago
1/14/07
TheRealJoker - 
RdotC -
BruteDion - 
RdotC -
BruteDion - 
RdotC -
BruteDion - 

This...

Texans would take him if he’s on the trade block!

How about Jimmy Smith and a 5th for Clowney instead?

:)
1 day ago
4/26/13

Sub

1 day ago
4/26/13

I’m at the 12 spot.  If Leveon is there should I take him?

1 day ago
3/17/14
Easters -

Depends on who's still on the board. Bell at the back end of the first is not bad. However that's only because of Zeke and Gordon's holdouts. If both were not holding out, bell would be a second rounder.

1 day ago
4/26/13
BruteDion -
Easters -

Depends on who's still on the board. Bell at the back end of the first is not bad. However that's only because of Zeke and Gordon's holdouts. If both were not holding out, bell would be a second rounder.

Ended up getting D Adams.  How you like my team?  By round

D Adams

D Cook

Z Ertz

S Diggs

B Mayfield

T Cohen

C Kirk 

A Ekeler

G Allison

Jax

G Tate 

J Garapolo

K Hunt

D Walker

K Fairbairn

D Hamilton 

1 day ago
3/17/14
Easters -
BruteDion -
Easters -

Ended up getting D Adams.  How you like my team?  By round

D Adams

D Cook

Z Ertz

S Diggs

B Mayfield

T Cohen

C Kirk 

A Ekeler

G Allison

Jax

G Tate 

J Garapolo

K Hunt

D Walker

K Fairbairn

D Hamilton 

Scoring? Seems like a PPR team.

Generally I don't like drafting a TE that early. It tends to cost you later in drafts but that team still turned out solid.

Also you should not have drafted Hunt. I get hes a talent but hes not going to pay until week 10 due to his suspension being 8 games and the Browns have a week 9 bye week. That's 10 weeks you have a dead spot on your roster. Also there is no guarantee he will get playing time after that because Nick Chubb is that good. How deep/competitive is this league? I ask because the first 3 weeks on the waiverwire is the most important. Having a guy taking up a roster spot in Hunt while trying to pick someone up could be hard. Honestly he should be the first person you cut.

Also most experts would say never to draft a defense that high and I would agree. However I'm very confident in my ability to stream defenses. Some people like to "sit it and forget it" and the Jags are that level of defense. Personally I would rather have more depth at the 10th pick. Guys like James Washington - Justin Jackson(who could have protected your Ekeler pick if he not the #1)- Anthony Miller are going around round 10.

If you would have waited you could have got Dallas's defense who is going 3 rounds later who's first 4 games are NYG-WAS-MIA. That's 3 teams that are expected to be in the bottom 3rd offensively. That's 1/4 almost of your games where you defense has a Plus match up. After that you couldn't stream the position.

That's not a bad team. No bad reaches outside of Hunt. 

1 day ago
4/25/11

If you got Hunt in the 13th I don’t mind that pick at all. It may pan out, it may not. But if it does you have another RB2 even possibly RB1 in the playoffs

21 hours ago
6/9/16

I've seen a few analysts predicting that Chris Carson will have a breakout year. Looks like his workload could increase but he wasn't overly impressive when he wasn't injured last season. You have him ranked as RB21. 

What's the earliest you'd take Carson?

18 hours ago
3/17/14
Taco Muncher -

I've seen a few analysts predicting that Chris Carson will have a breakout year. Looks like his workload could increase but he wasn't overly impressive when he wasn't injured last season. You have him ranked as RB21. 

What's the earliest you'd take Carson?

I like Carson as a talent. His situation with Penny is not so ideal. If I knew Penny was not going to get a decent amount of the split Carson would be borderline RB1. News out of camp is that hes taken the starting job with ease. It should be no doubt that hes the RB1 for his team. Only issue is just how many touches will Penny also get.

Now due to his performance I could move him up. Only guys I feel like he can pass are Jacobs-Mack(based of Lucks health)-Montgomery at this point. 

If you get him in back of the 3rd to mid 4th round then you are set. He should not fall passed that unless you buy into Penny getting more touches. I think hes a steal if you grab him in the 5th. If hes your RB2 then you are set.

18 hours ago
3/17/14
Mookie 3:16 Is My Hero -

If you got Hunt in the 13th I don’t mind that pick at all. It may pan out, it may not. But if it does you have another RB2 even possibly RB1 in the playoffs

The only issue is having a dead roster spot for 10 weeks. Unless your league allows suspended players to be placed on IR.

18 hours ago
1/1/01
how much would you reach on the Pittsburgh TE and Jakobi Meyers?