OtherGround Forums Budweiser UK faces backlash because of pride cans

27 days ago
7/27/11

https://www.dailydot.com/irl/budweiser-uk-pride-campaign/

A Budweiser UK campaign for Pride Month is using LGBTQ flags to advertise beer, and it’s inciting a wave of criticism across the internet.

The lager company announced its pro-LGBTQFly the Flag campaign on Friday, advertising beer cups with different colored flags on them to “celebrate the diversity within the LGBT+ community and Fly the Flag for everyone at the #PrideJubilee,” according to a tweeted announcement.

“Each person, and community, has different plights, fights and triumphs,” the announcement on Budweiser UK’s website says. “So this year, our Fly the Flag campaign, aims to make sure no community gets lost in the crowd. We are using our flag cups to celebrate and educate around different communities and their flags.”

Images shared to Twitter showed cups decorated with the rainbow gay Pride flag and other flags, including those that represent people who are transgender and asexual.

27 days ago
7/27/11

How fucking pathetic some people can be. They couldn’t even acknowledge the plight of thousands of persecuted people, just because of the color of the cans. Ridiculous. And they say UK liberals are all about identity politics. The conservatives over there should be ashamed of themselves.

27 days ago
10/15/13
Uhtred Ragnarson -

How fucking pathetic some people can be. They couldn’t even acknowledge the plight of thousands of persecuted people, just because of the color of the cans. Ridiculous. And they say UK liberals are all about identity politics. The conservatives over there should be ashamed of themselves.

Image result for uk pride budweiser cans

Image result for ha gay gif

27 days ago
10/15/13

"They couldn’t even acknowledge the plight of thousands of persecuted people"

Related image

27 days ago
5/24/17

Faggy 

27 days ago
1/25/04

Good 

27 days ago
1/1/01

osoghey......osoghey....osoghey

27 days ago
11/9/10

I love all these virtue signalling companies capitalizing off this nonsense.

27 days ago
1/1/01

i hope cornwell serves retardson with a cease and desist, he's besmirched the name

27 days ago
1/2/06

I actually like the can. But I am not buying co Sumer goods with virtue signaling. Gillette has been removed from my life and now Bud will too.   Which means a six pack a year will go unpurchased by me. 

27 days ago
1/1/15
Al Cappucino -
Uhtred Ragnarson -

Nice work

Also just read that ITV (big British TV network) is refusing to comission shows with all male writers.

Rule Brittania

27 days ago
8/8/18

Lol even the gays are mad

27 days ago
10/15/13
VinegarStrokes -

OP talking about the plight of 1000's of peoples.

I have yet to see a 'Slavery' can from Bud.

Or 'Holocaust' can.

Or 'Rwandan Genocide Memorial Bud Bottles'.

27 days ago
7/27/11
Al Cappucino -

Related image

Here you go.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_violence_against_LGBT_people_in_the_United_Kingdom

read up on that before you start mocking people for their sexual orientation.

27 days ago
7/27/11
Al Cappucino -
VinegarStrokes -

OP talking about the plight of 1000's of peoples.

I have yet to see a 'Slavery' can from Bud.

Or 'Holocaust' can.

Or 'Rwandan Genocide Memorial Bud Bottles'.

Read my above post. Way to completely trivialize violence against a minority group that has been historically hurt by the heteronormative white majority. 

27 days ago
1/12/10
VinegarStrokes -

If I was a fag I wouldn’t patronize any of these companies that went out of their way to appeal to me. They are doing it simply for the money and the gays for the most part are too stupid to realize it. 

27 days ago
7/27/11
BJTT-OGtripleOG -
Al Cappucino -
Uhtred Ragnarson -

Nice work

Also just read that ITV (big British TV network) is refusing to comission shows with all male writers.

Rule Brittania

I haven’t heard of this, and I doubt legislation is trying to hurt straight white males - they’re doing more than ok lol. 

If the legislation really explicitly bans all male writing teams, it’s clearly just trying to make sure that there’s gender equality in film/tv production. That’s about it. 

I think the govt should have a say when it comes to protecting people that have been historically marginalized. 

27 days ago
7/27/11
TFK_UGCTT_Sk1tzO420 -
VinegarStrokes -

If I was a fag I wouldn’t patronize any of these companies that went out of their way to appeal to me. They are doing it simply for the money and the gays for the most part are too stupid to realize it. 

Where the fuck are the mods?

This place is becoming worse and worse by the day.

27 days ago
10/15/13
Uhtred Ragnarson -
TFK_UGCTT_Sk1tzO420 -
VinegarStrokes -

Where the fuck are the mods?

This place is becoming worse and worse by the day.

Image result for you may go now gif

27 days ago
5/2/02
Uhtred Ragnarson - 
BJTT-OGtripleOG -
Al Cappucino -
Uhtred Ragnarson -

Nice work

Rule Brittania

I haven’t heard of this, and I doubt legislation is trying to hurt straight white males - they’re doing more than ok lol. 

If the legislation really explicitly bans all male writing teams, it’s clearly just trying to make sure that there’s gender equality in film/tv production. That’s about it. 

I think the govt should have a say when it comes to protecting people that have been historically marginalized. 

You're an idiot.
27 days ago
10/15/13
Uhtred Ragnarson -
Al Cappucino -

Related image

Here you go.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_violence_against_LGBT_people_in_the_United_Kingdom

read up on that before you start mocking people for their sexual orientation.

Where did i mock?

27 days ago
1/1/01

27 days ago
10/15/13

^ Nailed it

27 days ago
10/16/10
Lol
27 days ago
2/23/12
TFK_UGCTT_Sk1tzO420 -
VinegarStrokes -

I work with a couple of gay guys who were talking about this and they both said they thought corporations rallying around gay people was disengenuous. One of them is surprisingly conservative though 

I couldn’t care less about someone’s sexual orientation, I don’t understand why so many gay people seem to have their being homosexual as pretty much their entire personality though