OtherGround Forums Buy Golf Lessons?

19 days ago
5/7/10
CaptainWoody - I had a 97 on Friday...my best score to date after basically 2 months of really playing.

Then Sunday, I was on pace to blow that out of the water, low 90's or even high 80's. Then on the back 9 I had two fucking holes where I shit the bed. an 8 on a par 4 which was shitty but then I follow that up with a damn 12 on a par 5. I even had a great drive, then got stuck in the woods and just couldn't get it out.

I was pissed...but I was able to calm myself down and I had birdie putts on the last 4 holes. I didn't convert them but at least had par or a just a bogey because 2 of them were very long.

Ended up with a 103.

I'm getting there though, I want to break 90 before the year is done, that's my goal.

Same goal here to get under 90 by end of year. Good luck!! 

19 days ago
1/1/01

Taking a 12 on a hole might be more lack of rule knowledge (unplayable lie) than skill/course management 

19 days ago
5/23/12

We have members at the country club that take multiple golf lessons a week, same with tennis actually

19 days ago
11/19/06
Mjump05 -
CaptainWoody - I had a 97 on Friday...my best score to date after basically 2 months of really playing.

Then Sunday, I was on pace to blow that out of the water, low 90's or even high 80's. Then on the back 9 I had two fucking holes where I shit the bed. an 8 on a par 4 which was shitty but then I follow that up with a damn 12 on a par 5. I even had a great drive, then got stuck in the woods and just couldn't get it out.

I was pissed...but I was able to calm myself down and I had birdie putts on the last 4 holes. I didn't convert them but at least had par or a just a bogey because 2 of them were very long.

Ended up with a 103.

I'm getting there though, I want to break 90 before the year is done, that's my goal.

Same goal here to get under 90 by end of year. Good luck!! 

Finally got under 80 after years of playing. Anymore an 87 is just disappointing. You really need to play with guys that are better than you. It elevates my game. Luckily I have a friend that shoots mid 70s on the regular. 

17 days ago
5/13/11

Trying a new course today I've heard was really nice. 

Goal: 85 or better. 

I do struggle my first time at a new course so that goal is higher than my normal goal of breaking 80. Plus I am an out of shape asshole,  so 90+ heat exhausts me in the latter holes. 

Will post scorecard/stats later. 

OP are you drilling your lesson/advice on the range like a good boy?

17 days ago
2/5/06
Ze Dano - 

Taking a 12 on a hole might be more lack of rule knowledge (unplayable lie) than skill/course management 

They were playable, hit a tree and wen't backwards, chunked a couple, toed one...it was all me I hate to admit.

I was getting frustrated more and more with one bad shot to the next and being upset snowballed it. It was more frustrating because I fucking blasted the drive about 290 right on the fairway....it was the next shot on the dog leg that sent me in the woods.....they were like pine trees not thick woods you couldn't walk in and it was in bounds.
17 days ago
2/5/06
Scored a 40 on a 32 executive 9 last night. Only one kinda bad hole otherwise my tee shots were solid. The one long par 4 I drove straight 310 yards off the tee....that felt awesome.
17 days ago
2/5/06
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

I do struggle my first time at a new course so that goal is higher than my normal goal of breaking 80. Plus I am an out of shape asshole,  so 90+ heat exhausts me in the latter holes. 

Good luck man and have fun!

That helps me a lot, remember to have fun, it's not work. You're a good golfer so just play.
17 days ago
5/13/11
CaptainWoody -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

That helps me a lot, remember to have fun, it's not work. You're a good golfer so just play.

Yeah I am usually never an angry golfer. My weekly playing partner is from Canada too so that helps! Lol. He is always positive and we always have fun even when we hack it up. 

We are both around a 9 handicap which is also good. I agree with the post earlier that said playing with people that are better than you is good and motivates you. Next week I'll be playing with a 24yo who's a scratch and trying to qualify for the tour that's under the PGA. Used to be called Nike tour. Can never remeber what they changed it to a few years ago. Damn reefer. Either way excited to play with him again. It's almost mesmerizing to see consistent 320-360 yard tee shots down the middle. (At altitude though to be fair)

17 days ago
2/5/06
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
CaptainWoody -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Yeah I am usually never an angry golfer. My weekly playing partner is from Canada too so that helps! Lol. He is always positive and we always have fun even when we hack it up. 

We are both around a 9 handicap which is also good. I agree with the post earlier that said playing with people that are better than you is good and motivates you. Next week I'll be playing with a 24yo who's a scratch and trying to qualify for the tour that's under the PGA. Used to be called Nike tour. Can never remeber what they changed it to a few years ago. Damn reefer. Either way excited to play with him again. It's almost mesmerizing to see consistent 320-360 yard tee shots down the middle. (At altitude though to be fair)

Korn Ferry tour?
17 days ago
2/5/06
Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented.

-Arnold Palmer
17 days ago
7/15/11
CaptainWoody -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
CaptainWoody -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Korn Ferry tour?

Web.com formally but he might be saying that’s still a Tour event which in some ways it is.

17 days ago
5/13/11
CaptainWoody -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
CaptainWoody -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Korn Ferry tour?

^^^^ it's the web.com tour. 

He missed a qualifier last month by 2 strokes. Finished 4th out of 80 some people. 

17 days ago
7/15/11

Yeah Korn Ferry Tour now LNP.

17 days ago
2/5/06
I think they call it both
17 days ago
7/15/11
CaptainWoody - I think they call it both

Both?

17 days ago
2/5/06
Matrix - 

Both?

web.com/korn ferry
Edited: 17 days ago
5/13/11

Probably jinxing myself by checking in and himble bragging after only 9, but man I am hitting the ball well so far. My misses are only feet from the green/fairway. No 3 putts yet. 

17 days ago
1/30/03
Matrix -

Both?

It's the Korn Ferry tour but it'll be a while before I call it that

17 days ago
1/30/03

I sent that to Robby when they changed the name. Told him that's what I think about when I hear it
17 days ago
5/13/11

17 days ago
7/15/11
Animal Chin -
Matrix -

Both?

It's the Korn Ferry tour but it'll be a while before I call it that

That’s all they’re calling it on the Golf Channel I thought. It’s all I’ve heard. I know Web.com’s contract isn’t up but I was under the impression that Korn Ferry had bought that out.

Either way it’s no biggie. Just an interesting side note I suppose.

17 days ago
7/15/11
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

Might have to download that app. It looks like my 4 y/o created it lol but I like it.

17 days ago
1/30/03

Solid putting, ninja

17 days ago
2/5/06
Awesome!