OtherGround Forums Buy Golf Lessons?

6 days ago
2/5/06
On 18 I fucked up the drive, I topped it a little bit and only got about 150 yards...on the fairway though. I used a hybrid that I can't hit to save my life and this wasn't an exception, it was straight but not a good shot. Then I used a 7 and put it just left of the green so I didn't get the GIR but my chip put it about a foot from the hole so I could 1 putt it for par.
6 days ago
11/19/06
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

I played better on the back. took the 50$ match. I am "M".

That’s pretty good shooting.

6 days ago
2/5/06
6 days ago
2/5/06
6 days ago
2/5/06
6 days ago
2/5/06
That fucker stood on the tee box for awhile while the other one sat in the bushes. Then they just started coming out from behind me.
6 days ago
5/13/11
CaptainWoody - That fucker stood on the tee box for awhile while the other one sat in the bushes. Then they just started coming out from behind me.

Good round man!

Yeah deer/elk and even the occasional moose at the courses around here are so accustomed to himans they give no fucks. I had to play an approach shot from about 125 over a giant bull elk once that was just laying in a fairway bunker. I was jo more that 25yd away from him and he trusted I wouldn't shank it and just lay there. I'll see if I can dig out the pic i took. 

6 days ago
5/13/11
Throwin’Knuckles -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

I played better on the back. took the 50$ match. I am "M".

That’s pretty good shooting.

Thanks. :) started out on fire on the back but had that 7 blow up. Front I had 2 triples that really fucked with me. Overall I am happy with an 86...only because I won 50 bucks. Lol

6 days ago
5/13/11
CaptainWoody -

Well fuck man. Your fairways and greens stats are on point. Looks like your bigfest area fro improvement is the same as mine. Putting. You get that shit down to the mid 30s and you're in the 80s all day. 

Hard to motivate to just drill putting for hours but Ive been trying to drill more and its helping. 

6 days ago
8/1/07
I got my first hole in one last month...158 yds with a 9 iron!!
6 days ago
2/5/06
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
CaptainWoody -

Well fuck man. Your fairways and greens stats are on point. Looks like your bigfest area fro improvement is the same as mine. Putting. You get that shit down to the mid 30s and you're in the 80s all day. 

Hard to motivate to just drill putting for hours but Ive been trying to drill more and its helping. 

Lots of 3 putts yesterday. That par 3 in the video, I pushed it right..sitting on the furthest edge of the green and 3 putted for a bogey...ugh.

I'm going to finish out this season and practice more the last 2 months (or less, no knowing when winter will hit in MN) ...but I'm on track, even if I don't make it in the 80's I'm consistently in the 90's now.

Then I'm starting early next year and going to Golf Tec.
6 days ago
2/5/06
TeamRenzo - I got my first hole in one last month...158 yds with a 9 iron!!

That's awesome man congrats!
6 days ago
7/30/06

Been thinking about getting some lessons myself as I've recently been getting on the course more.

Took 3 lessons a few years back and it was ok. Did a swing analysis and was told that I have a good swing (on plain), good club head speed and that I release the club head very well. The "pro" said he generally spends a lot of time to teach newbies that kind of release.

My problem is consistency. I dont always fuck up the same way, lol. It's hard to improve if not playing regularly and it's a fucking expensive hobby.

I always flirt with 100, generally 97-102 range and have been thinking about getting another lesson pack of 4 lessons for 350 Canadian pesos. My best ever round was a 91 and I want to get back on that path.

Playing again this Sunday and I am targeting 95 as a goal.

Good thread.

6 days ago
2/5/06
"My problem is consistency. I dont always fuck up the same way"

Yep...me too. I'll pull it on mid range irons 4 times, then I'll adjust for it....and push it. I don't know if I'll pull or push it from one swing to the next
6 days ago
5/13/11
CaptainWoody - "My problem is consistency. I dont always fuck up the same way"

Yep...me too. I'll pull it on mid range irons 4 times, then I'll adjust for it....and push it. I don't know if I'll pull or push it from one swing to the next

Fucking army golf. I had that problem with my driver yesterday. I think part of it was me trying to "keep up" with that punk ass kid roping it 320-350 every damn tee shot. I was swinging way to hard and fast. 

6 days ago
1/30/03
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

Fucking army golf. I had that problem with my driver yesterday. I think part of it was me trying to "keep up" with that punk ass kid roping it 320-350 every damn tee shot. I was swinging way to hard and fast. 

So this kid is longer than Cameron champ?

6 days ago
5/13/11
Animal Chin -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

We are at 6000' elevation. 

6 days ago
8/17/14
Animal Chin -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

haha cmon AC you know if you had a dollar for every person that claimed to you that they drive it 300+ you'd have a lot of dollars

6 days ago
1/30/03
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Animal Chin -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

But 350? 

Where is he playing? Mackenzie tour? Korn Ferry?

6 days ago
5/13/11
Animal Chin -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Animal Chin -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

But 350? 

Where is he playing? Mackenzie tour? Korn Ferry?

He is playing in qualifiers for the korn ferry, around the southwestern states. 

He showed me his stat tracker thing on his phone and he averages 325 on his drives, but that's mostly all here at elevation. 

10% is what i seem to lose when I go back to sea level, so thats just under 300 for him. 

We had a downhill 385 hole yesterday with no wind and he came up 15ish yards short of the green. Hits a smooth draw every time like butter. 

6 days ago
1/30/03
hitler drove a prius -
Animal Chin -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

haha cmon AC you know if you had a dollar for every person that claimed to you that they drive it 300+ you'd have a lot of dollars

True.

Ninja, q school is coming up soon. Is he trying to get in that way?

6 days ago
5/13/11
Animal Chin -
hitler drove a prius -
Animal Chin -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

True.

Ninja, q school is coming up soon. Is he trying to get in that way?

I don't know tbh. Someone at my store sold him a car and we were bullshitting in the showroom. Only played 2 rounds with the kid.  Seems legit but we all love to exaggerate. He hits the ball as far as I'm saying. That's all I can say for sure. I don't personally think he is quite good enough for q school from thise 2 rounds. 

5 days ago
5/13/11

Shot an 85 to follow up my 86. 

Mediocre, but happy with 32 putts each round. That's big for me. 

Definitely need to get in better shape endurance wise. 

5 days ago
11/19/06
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

The last two weekend have been 87 & 82 for me. I played Tuesday and holy shit. It was the worst time ever. It was flat out embarrassing. I had an adrenaline dump on the third hole and it was all over. Weird. Haven’t had a round like that in eons. 

4 days ago
2/5/06
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Awesome! Keep it up.....mediocre my ass.

I'm wondering if I'm doing too much. I'm overthinking every damn shot now. Where I used to hit my irons pretty good, it's now a crap shoot and I've developed a really bad slice on my drive. Even trying to correct for it has been bad. I shot a 99 today. It was a course I've never been to, so not knowing the layout etc. counts for a little but the front 9 was horrendous, I couldn't even make good contact.

Do you think maybe I'm hitting too much? Should I take like 3 or 4 days off?