OtherGround Forums CA to give illegals full medical! LOL!

8 days ago
1/1/01

The number of homeless Californians in the Los Angeles county has reached 58,936, New York Times reported this weekend.

But Californians don’t seem to be the priority of democratic governor Gavin Newsom. Under an agreement between Gov. Newsom and Democrats in the state legislature, low-income adults between the ages of 19 and 25 living in California illegally would be eligible for California’s Medicaid program, known as Medi-Cal. State officials estimate that will be about 90,000 people at a cost of $98m a year.

This decision will make California the first state in the US to pay for illegal immigrants to have full health benefits.

Democrats in the state legislature reached the agreement as part of a larger plan to spend $213bn of state and federal tax money over the next year.

Not everyone in that age group would get the health benefits, only those whose incomes are low enough to qualify for the program.

8 days ago
12/25/15

Federal tax money? WTF

8 days ago
1/25/04

“State officials estimate that will be about 90,000 people at a cost of $98m a year.”

98 million? Try tripling that at least

8 days ago
2/4/07
I wouldn't care if only there was a way to disenfranchise Californians when they flee to other states.
8 days ago
1/25/04

“only those whose incomes are low enough to qualify for the program.”

How do they get income?

8 days ago
6/13/03

lol @ only 90k people

8 days ago
1/1/01

I know several illegals with kids who make 90K or more a year and their whole family is on Medical, get free lunch and free after school care and the children where not born here.

I don't have a problem with real ER visits but this will further destroy Cali

8 days ago
5/14/10
Actually, this is good. There are a lot of people who will benefit from this and I'm sure that's a relief for them and their families, whether they're undocumented or not. Glad to see California moving in the right direction.
8 days ago
6/13/03
Freaky_Hibiki - Actually, this is good. There are a lot of people who will benefit from this and I'm sure that's a relief for them and their families, whether they're undocumented or not. Glad to see California moving in the right direction.

8 days ago
3/8/11
Freaky_Hibiki - Actually, this is good. There are a lot of people who will benefit from this and I'm sure that's a relief for them and their families, whether they're undocumented or not. Glad to see California moving in the right direction.

Lol..."undocumented"

8 days ago
1/1/01

Democrats have ALL the power in this state --they control absolutely everything here-- and this is what they do with it; everything for illegals and nothing for the middle class.

8 days ago
1/1/01
90,000 is a stupidly low projection. There are literally millions of illegals in this state.
8 days ago
9/19/04

Derp, derp

8 days ago
11/9/17
"Democrats in the state legislature reached the agreement as part of a larger plan to spend $213bn of state and federal tax money over the next year."

Immediately remove all federal funding for those services! That is literally robbery of tax paying citizens!
8 days ago
5/14/10
Oh yes! How dare these people wanting to be healthy and not die in the streets. The nerve! I didn't like Newsome because of his gun conrol stance, but i'm willing to let that slide for this. His stock is really rising.
8 days ago
9/23/07
There are literally like shanty tent towns in SF and LA that cover blocks and blocks.

Seems like we could take care of these people first and formost.
8 days ago
10/2/12
pm1964 - 90,000 is a stupidly low projection. There are literally millions of illegals in this state.

And they project it’ll only cost 1000$ per year per person insured. Hahahahahajanjaahahajnananaahahajjhahahahahahahhahahahahahhaahhahahahah 

8 days ago
4/22/07

Yet the same type of coverage costs working folks here hundreds per month.  No love for illegals here,  fuck them. 

8 days ago
9/26/10

no problem. keep voting for these people. this is what you deserve. just giving the people what they want. 

8 days ago
3/7/07

Sickening.

8 days ago
11/16/08
Freaky_Hibiki - Oh yes! How dare these people wanting to be healthy and not die in the streets. The nerve! I didn't like Newsome because of his gun conrol stance, but i'm willing to let that slide for this. His stock is really rising.

He's a real hero. 

8 days ago
4/22/07
Freaky_Hibiki - Oh yes! How dare these people wanting to be healthy and not die in the streets. The nerve! I didn't like Newsome because of his gun conrol stance, but i'm willing to let that slide for this. His stock is really rising.

Last year a bunch of taxpayers,  myself included,  got fined if we didnt have insurance all year.  Now my tax dollars get to insure these freeloaders.  Fuck anyone who supports this bullshit. 

8 days ago
10/14/03
I was born and raised in Cali, 40ish years.

I'll never move back.
8 days ago
1/13/04
GenErick - I was born and raised in Cali, 40ish years.

I'll never move back.

Repopulate Cali with Canadians = profit?
8 days ago
11/16/08

This seems like a good way to attract sick poor people to the country.