OtherGround Forums CBS had an Employee On Call for Oral Sex

6 days ago
10/26/18

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/04/business/les-moonves-cbs-report-takeaways.html

‘Transactional’ Sex and a Secret Resignation Letter: Takeaways From a Report on Les Moonves

A 59-page draft report produced by lawyers for CBS’s board contains new details and allegations about Mr. Moonves, the company’s former chief executive.

Leslie Moonves, the former chairman and chief executive of CBS, repeatedly lied to investigators about his behavior, according to a draft report by outside lawyers hired by CBS’s board to look into sexual misconduct allegations against him.

The 21,666-word draft, dated Nov. 27, is filled with new details about the conduct of Mr. Moonves and others at the company. The lawyers spoke to Mr. Moonves four times during the investigation. A final version of the report is expected to be presented to CBS’s board next week.

Here are four new revelations in the report, which was reviewed by The New York Times.

1. Investigators heard that a CBS employee was ‘on call’ to perform oral sex

The outside lawyers were told by multiple people that CBS had an employee “who was ‘on call’ to perform oral sex” on Mr. Moonves.

According to the draft report: “A number of employees were aware of this and believed that the woman was protected from discipline or termination as a result of it.”

The report didn’t identify the employee — and the lawyers didn’t interview her — but Mr. Moonves, in one of his multiple interviews with the lawyers, “admitted to receiving oral sex from the woman, his subordinate,” although he described it as consensual.

“Mr. Moonves vehemently denies having any non-consensual sexual relations,” Andrew J. Levander, Mr. Moonves’s lawyer, said on Tuesday. “He never put or kept someone on the payroll for the purpose of sex. He has cooperated extensively and fully with investigators.”

2. Moonves received oral sex that appeared ‘transactional’

The report found that, in addition to consensual relationships and affairs, “Moonves received oral sex from at least 4 CBS employees under circumstances that sound transactional and improper to the extent that there was no hint of any relationship, romance, or reciprocity.”

The report said that the lawyers weren’t able to speak with any of those women, but that “such a pattern arguably constitutes willful misfeasance and violation of the company’s sexual harassment policy.”

3. A board member knew about an alleged assault

Shortly before he joined CBS’s board in 2007, the Oscar-winning producer Arnold Kopelson was told about an alleged sexual assault by Mr. Moonves.

Dr. Anne Peters told the CBS lawyers that Mr. Moonves assaulted her in 1999. According to the report, she said that she warned Mr. Kopelson not to join the board, citing the alleged assault. “She recalls Kopelson responding that the incident had happened a long time ago and was trivial, and said, in effect, ‘we all did that,’” according to the report.

Mr. Kopelson, who died in October, became one of Mr. Moonves’s staunchest supporters on the board. As the #MeToo movement gained momentum, Dr. Peters and a friend urged Mr. Kopelson to publicly disclose the alleged 1999 assault. The lawyers’ report found that “there is no evidence that Kopelson, whom we were unable to interview before he passed away, told anyone on the CBS Board about the incident, spoke to Moonves about it or otherwise did anything with the information.”

On the board, Mr. Kopelson continued to defend Mr. Moonves. “I don’t care if 30 more women come forward and allege this kind of stuff,” Mr. Kopelson said in a board meeting this summer. “Les is our leader and it wouldn’t change my opinion of him.”

Dr. Peters didn’t respond to requests for comment on Tuesday.

4. A secret resignation letter was drafted for Moonves

Gil Schwartz, the longtime head of communications at CBS, had known since late 2017 about some of the sexual assaults that Mr. Moonves had been accused of committing, according to the report. Mr. Schwartz learned about the episode involving Dr. Peters in August, shortly before it became public in a Vanity Fair article. The report said that after discussing the matter with Mr. Moonves, Mr. Schwartz drafted a resignation letter for the chief executive, but Mr. Moonves didn’t sign it. Mr. Schwartz didn’t tell the board, the report said.

It wouldn’t be until the following month that Mr. Moonves stepped down from CBS. Mr. Schwartz also left the company in September.

6 days ago
7/14/17

Cock Blowing Slave 

6 days ago
9/7/04

6 days ago
1/1/01

Good lord

6 days ago
7/31/09

So they didn't interview the woman? Why not?

6 days ago
1/1/01

Sounds like a good place to work

6 days ago
12/29/09
Kings21 - 

I didn't read the OP, I'm not gonna lie to you. But she is just a stupid woman, what is she going to talk about?
6 days ago
8/16/11
MMA Playwright -

Jesus.  I’d pay her not to blow me.

6 days ago
1/1/01

Had? So the job’s available?

6 days ago
4/22/07

Good lord, here we go again

Ladies expolit men's peen for gain

6 days ago
12/5/10
Kings21 -

Her mouth was full?

6 days ago
6/30/07

Knew this would be about Moonves before I clicked. CBS is in shambles right now, their board is barely functional after the purge.

6 days ago
6/30/07
Stronghold -

I wonder if he had the secret magnetic door lock button like Matt Lauer did?

6 days ago
3/1/09

Well, he's married to Julie Chen and she works for CBS sooooo....

6 days ago
1/1/01
nice!
6 days ago
12/5/17

That situation is how I answer the “where do you see yourself in 5 years?” question during job interviews. 

6 days ago
6/30/07
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -

That situation is how I answer the “where do you see yourself in 5 years?” question during job interviews. 

Lol

6 days ago
4/20/02

The report said investigators could find no evidence of sexual misconduct after he married Julie Chen.

I think it shows a certain maturity on his part to realize that, yeah, whorin' around is fine when you are in your 20s, or 30s or even your 40s. But when you get to your mid-50s, it's time to marry a woman 30 years younger than you and settle down.

6 days ago
7/4/16
Kings21 -

They didn't want a blow job.

You're only supposed to call her,

When you want a blow job.

Edited: 6 days ago
7/22/15
Stronghold -

Not if you're the one given the BJ.

6 days ago
8/9/16
MountainMedic -
Stronghold -

What's this now..? 

6 days ago
8/9/16
Unkind Zuffa -
Stronghold -

Not if your the one given the BJ.

I beg to differ... 

6 days ago
6/30/07
ABCTT_Disco Dracula -
MountainMedic -
Stronghold -

What's this now..? 

It's true. Came out during his uncrowning as NBCs golden boy. It was "sold" as a panic room type of security measure but it was strongly eluded to that this isn't why he had it installed. He could basically secretly lock his office from his desk.

For security.

6 days ago
3/1/09
MountainMedic -
ABCTT_Disco Dracula -
MountainMedic -
Stronghold -

What's this now..? 

It's true. Came out during his uncrowning as NBCs golden boy. It was "sold" as a panic room type of security measure but it was strongly eluded to that this isn't why he had it installed. He could basically secretly lock his office from his desk.

For security.

Because of the implication?

6 days ago
7/22/15
ABCTT_Disco Dracula -
Unkind Zuffa -
Stronghold -

Not if your the one given the BJ.

I beg to differ... 

lol, alright alright.