OtherGround Forums CNN Losing 10M A Year! More Layoffs Coming!

5/28/19 7:09 PM
8/1/13

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result.

At what point do you change managment, unless someone off the books is subsiding you?

They gave 100 people "buyouts" 3 weeks ago, then Atlanta, now London.

Fuck em!

https://summit.news/2019/05/28/cnn-announces-more-layoffs-as-zucker-reveals-network-is-losing-10-million-a-year/

CNN Announces More Layoffs as Zucker Reveals Network is Losing $10 Million a Year

CNN announced yet more job layoffs as boss Jeff Zucker revealed the network is losing $10 million dollars a year.

When rumors of mass layoffs at CNN emerged weeks ago, network host Brian Stelter denied the story was accurate.

However, last week the majority of CNN's Atlanta division, which focused on health care, was let go.

Now it is being reported that the network will make "substantial" cuts to its London-based operation, with a least a dozen employees losing their jobs.

The announcement was made by CNN boss Jeff Tucker at a meeting in central London earlier today.

The Guardian reported; "Staff, including some managers whose shows were affected, were given no advance warning of the announcement, according to some of those present. Zucker told them that the international channel was losing $10m (£8m) a year, according to those present."

As we previously reported, in April CNN had its worst month for ratings in four years as the network lost 26 per cent of viewers compared to a year ago.

Given the fact that the network is hemorrhaging money and forcing to layoff staff, is it any surprise that CNN journalists are simultaneously lobbying for social media companies to silence their competition?

5/28/19 7:11 PM
6/3/03

5/28/19 7:13 PM
6/17/17

#MAGA

5/28/19 7:18 PM
4/17/13

Good fuck em

5/28/19 7:22 PM
12/28/14

Absolutely. Fuck those lying cocksuckers!!! Trump is right. They are the enemy of the people. Every last one of them is a fucking liar. I'm so sick of the same tired lies such as "Trump is a racist" and "Trump colluded with Russia"

5/28/19 7:24 PM
3/26/13

This just convinces me that an agenda is being pushed for more nefarious reasons.  It's not profitable, other corporations have found it not profitable to push this message (i.e., Gillete), yet they keep doing it.  If the goal of a corporation is to make money, then they'd stop right?  Yet they keep pushing.  I use to think this idea was tinfoil hat nonsense, but seeing it more and more in spite of the blow back, I can't see how it's simply stupidity.

5/28/19 7:26 PM
8/1/13
nek -

This just convinces me that an agenda is being pushed for more nefarious reasons.  It's not profitable, other corporations have found it not profitable to push this message (i.e., Gillete), yet they keep doing it.  If the goal of a corporation is to make money, then they'd stop right?  Yet they keep pushing.  I use to think this idea was tinfoil hat nonsense, but seeing it more and more in spite of the blow back, I can't see how it's simply stupidity.

I really think they are getting subsidized from guys like Soros and Steyer. There is not other explanation of why a company would let management continue to run it into the ground.

5/28/19 7:31 PM
3/26/13
camicom -
nek -

I really think they are getting subsidized from guys like Soros and Steyer. There is not other explanation of why a company would let management continue to run it into the ground.

now my follow up question is what do those guys get out of it?  I don't know Steyer, but Soros is like a million years old, what's in it for him?

5/28/19 7:33 PM
7/1/09

Image result for smoking laughing gif

5/28/19 7:35 PM
11/9/05

Jeff Zucker, architect of the Conan/Leno disaster, is a moron.

5/28/19 7:36 PM
1/1/01

The worst bit of all:

is it any surprise that CNN journalists are simultaneously lobbying for social media companies to silence their competition?

It is no longer okay to disagree with the Left... They are the Nazis here

5/28/19 7:39 PM
11/28/09

Fuck them

5/28/19 7:39 PM
8/1/13
nek -
camicom -
nek -

now my follow up question is what do those guys get out of it?  I don't know Steyer, but Soros is like a million years old, what's in it for him?

Steyer hates Trump and Soros hates everyone, and is a pure open borders globalist.

https://selwynduke.typepad.com/selwyndukecom/george-soros-the-most-evi.html

Search engines are scrubbed of most negative Soros info.

5/28/19 7:41 PM
2/13/16
camicom -
nek -
camicom -
nek -

Steyer hates Trump and Soros hates everyone, and is a pure open borders globalist.

Crazy where billions will get you.

5/28/19 7:50 PM
12/31/09

Great news, I hope that fat fuck Stelter is next in line

5/28/19 7:57 PM
4/17/13
camicom -
nek -
camicom -
nek -

The question I have is why does Soros do what he does? Monetary gain? It can't be. Unless his ultimate goal is to have the World thrust into total chaos so that he can take advantage.

5/28/19 8:00 PM
5/22/05

It's not like Trumptards were watching CNN before he got elected and then tuned out. It's like saying duck dynasty lost viewers because manhattanites don't like it.

5/28/19 8:07 PM
8/1/13
banco - It's not like Trumptards were watching CNN before he got elected and then tuned out. It's like saying duck dynasty lost viewers because manhattanites don't like it.

I used to watch MSNBC and CNN for years. Just to shake things up once in a while. They were always biased, but I would say about 60% to 40%. They were still somewhat watchable right up to the point Trump won the nomination and faced Hillary. Everything pretty much changed them. The coverage went to 90% Negative 10% Pos. Now its 99% 1%.

Edited: 5/28/19 8:11 PM
11/17/10

my wife, who WAS a full blown Hillary, democrat, anti trump person (was recently self converted to the truth after seeing all yhe BS) said from day 1 (election day)

That, regardless of how much he is liked or hated, having the President of the United States of America trashing your company is the worst PR you can have.  and she said this while she was on the Trump is a Nazi, Hillary is an angel train

(Life lone public relations in liberal anti trump NYC for 2 decades)

Couple that with the obvious fake news and vias CNN unashamedly puts out, and it is a no brainer

5/28/19 8:18 PM
6/29/09

i dont know wtf theyre going to.do when they cant afford to do paternity and lie detector bits....

5/28/19 8:21 PM
11/17/10
banco - It's not like Trumptards were watching CNN before he got elected and then tuned out. It's like saying duck dynasty lost viewers because manhattanites don't like it.

The only media and news ive ever watched or listened to was CNN and NPR

The only news i really ever watched in my entire life WAS cnn (dont watch anymore obv)...

Ive watched maybe 30 mins of fox news in my 38 yrs.

I still currently listen to NPR, despite it being an anti trump, pro oppressed trans, muslim, POC outlet

Now what?

And tgis is coming from a MAGA guy

5/28/19 8:22 PM
11/16/08
camicom -

I used to watch MSNBC and CNN for years. Just to shake things up once in a while. They were always biased, but I would say about 60% to 40%. They were still somewhat watchable right up to the point Trump won the nomination and faced Hillary. Everything pretty much changed them. The coverage went to 90% Negative 10% Pos. Now its 99% 1%.

1%?  Not even.

5/28/19 8:46 PM
4/9/19

They chose to stand their ground and die on that hill.

Adios!

5/28/19 8:59 PM
1/1/01

I wonder if CodeAcademy.com would get suspended from social media if they started advertising to them

5/28/19 9:10 PM
6/4/06

They suck.