OtherGround Forums CONFIRMED: BLM Protests Revived the Pandemic

9 days ago
5/28/03

LOL @ the idea of ANY country being in a position to shit-talk America.

8 days ago
10/24/03
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -
The Sauce -
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -

Sauce?

Yes? 

Help us out here

Welp - shit happens when you party naked! so, you know.... 

8 days ago
3/3/18
HELWIG -

Plenty of countries have better quality of life by literally every objective metric, better self-reported subjective quality of life, higher GDP per capita, less debt per capita, etc. 

Plus they probably don't have as many 30 year old balding virgins there shrieking at everybody that they're going to hell, before getting their first handjobs and then shrieking at everybody to worship a fat adulterous liar. 

So, yeah. 

8 days ago
11/25/10
Crazy Larry -
HELWIG -

Plenty of countries have better quality of life by literally every objective metric, better self-reported subjective quality of life, higher GDP per capita, less debt per capita, etc. 

Plus they probably don't have as many 30 year old balding virgins there shrieking at everybody that they're going to hell, before getting their first handjobs and then shrieking at everybody to worship a fat adulterous liar. 

So, yeah. 

Then why are so many people trying to move to the US compared to those countries you speak of?

8 days ago
11/17/10
Crazy Larry -
HELWIG -

So, yeah. 

man your thoughts are consumed with how your country fares against the almighty USA

uyou have an inferiority complex, and rightfully so

8 days ago
11/17/10

NYC mayor deblasio forbids contact tracer people form asking patients if they attended any protests

makes sense, aim is to ask the patient who theyve been in contact with, in what context, in order to get better data for Covid

i guess they cannot proactively ask if they attended protests, the person has to give up the info on their own

why would he want to do that?!?!

8 days ago
8/23/11
Ghengiseanie -
Kona Silat -

Experts are now blaming the under 40 who went around protesting for the last two weeks.

Minorities are more likely to suffer from cornavirus and it just aggrevated the issue.

the spikes are in middle 'free america' where people neededmuh freedoms and 'aint wearing no mask'.

Miami and Houston and Los Angeles are not middle free America. 
the spike is in people 19-40 who are going out to bars and restaurants to party.  

ask Eric apple and Novak djokavic 

8 days ago
8/23/11
androb -
Ghengiseanie -
Kona Silat -

Experts are now blaming the under 40 who went around protesting for the last two weeks.

Minorities are more likely to suffer from cornavirus and it just aggrevated the issue.

the spikes are in middle 'free america' where people neededmuh freedoms and 'aint wearing no mask'.

Miami and Houston and Los Angeles are not middle free America. 
the spike is in people 19-40 who are going out to bars and restaurants to party.  

ask Eric apple and Novak djokavic 

They are Less likely to be symptomic and if they do show symptoms they are mild and most likely quickly recovered from 

8 days ago
4/12/04

There's been a reported decrease in hospitalization today in Texas. We'll see how it pans out...

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2020/06/16/this-dashboard-tracks-the-daily-hospital-capacity-for-general-icu-beds-in-the-houston-area/

7 days ago
9/13/08
jpm995 - 
Josh -

i love that we live in a society where it has to be one sides fault, no possiblility it is a combination of a lot of stupid people.  Gathering for protests, going to a areana for a poilitcal rally (amazing a lot of people in this thread think thats ok but not a protest gathering), or being like eric apple and going to a club.  Not social distancing, wearing a mask and group gathering goes accros party lines and everyone has some resposibility in this.....

I don't know if the protests or Trump rallies caused spikes in covid. I suspect both did. What bothers me is the experts [mainly Fauci] justifing protests but condemming opening up stuff. Experts telling  usmasks are useless but mandatory kills my belief in experts. On my local news they just stated you cant catch the virus from packaged food. True or bs, i'm not sure.

This. I agree there doesn't have to be a side. That said, that protesting, where people are in close proximity, many with no masks, somehow don't contribute to spread, but other public gatherings do, flies in the face of logic.

Both sides are so dug in on this, they don't realize how foolish they look.
7 days ago
10/16/07
Billco -
jpm995 - 
Josh -

i love that we live in a society where it has to be one sides fault, no possiblility it is a combination of a lot of stupid people.  Gathering for protests, going to a areana for a poilitcal rally (amazing a lot of people in this thread think thats ok but not a protest gathering), or being like eric apple and going to a club.  Not social distancing, wearing a mask and group gathering goes accros party lines and everyone has some resposibility in this.....

I don't know if the protests or Trump rallies caused spikes in covid. I suspect both did. What bothers me is the experts [mainly Fauci] justifing protests but condemming opening up stuff. Experts telling  usmasks are useless but mandatory kills my belief in experts. On my local news they just stated you cant catch the virus from packaged food. True or bs, i'm not sure.

This. I agree there doesn't have to be a side. That said, that protesting, where people are in close proximity, many with no masks, somehow don't contribute to spread, but other public gatherings do, flies in the face of logic.

Both sides are so dug in on this, they don't realize how foolish they look.

Agreed.  The one thing that everyone can agree with is that washing and sanitizer work though.

In this way, the controlled, time bound nature of the rally....where folks could sanitize and wash before and after,and weren’t ever pressed together and exposed to folks beyond a relatively small number of other attendees in their proximity is nowhere near as potentially risky as the multi day, travelling chaos of the protests and mobs.

Equating the two is disingenuous.   Tracking the latter accurately might actually help us determine the practicality of returning to normal, allowing some sports, movies, or music venues to return...and maybe even inform children being able start school life again in the fall so we don’t end up with a bunch of kids that have basically been held back for 2 years in their education.

i hate that every practice of trying to move forward is met by idiotic resistance.

7 days ago
3/3/18
8flat - 
Crazy Larry -
HELWIG -

So, yeah. 

Then why are so many people trying to move to the US compared to those countries you speak of?

The American narrative and ease of getting in.

Do you think desperate people in third world countries are very knowledgeable about Scandinavian countries, for example? Of course not. But everyone knows about "The American Dream".

It is fun watching OGers use "we have more immigrants" as proof of superiority over other countries though.

7 days ago
9/13/08
I think with the protests dying down and us starting to get closer to two weeks out from that end, we'll start seeing a definitive decrease lending very heavily to the notion that this uptick was entirely caused by thousands in close proximity protesting.

The timelines just add up and whether any studies are even done to confirm it, it's going to be something everyone knows but a few vehemently deny for their own ends and narrative. The open air concept doesn't apply if you're literally shoulder to shoulder with someone else.
7 days ago
1/1/01
Kona Silat -

There's been a reported decrease in hospitalization today in Texas. We'll see how it pans out...

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2020/06/16/this-dashboard-tracks-the-daily-hospital-capacity-for-general-icu-beds-in-the-houston-area/

Bit early to call that a trend, especially since there’s been a steady increase from the previous steady state from May and early June.  Hopefully the trend continues, but it could just be a blip on a continued increase.

7 days ago
10/16/07
Crazy Larry -
8flat - 
Crazy Larry -
HELWIG -

So, yeah. 

Do you think desperate people in third world countries are very knowledgeable about Scandinavian countries, for example? Of course not. But everyone knows about "The American Dream".

It is fun watching OGers use "we have more immigrants" as proof of superiority over other countries though.

Yeah, because going to a free country renowned globally for giving people a chance to succeed on their own merits and live freely is awesome...especially since they are consistently welcoming to large numbers of immigrants.

america is better because it’s easier to enter and has a more diverse immigrant population and also international business relationships and opportunities that allow folks to deal with their country of origin from their new home with greater ease than any other....plus English is a global standard language with great utility where Scandinavian is good for fuck all...and less accessible to most in their country of origin.

7 days ago
9/8/10
Crazy Larry -
HELWIG -

So, yeah. 

You and I clearly aren’t experiencing the same America, I’ve never even almost seen what you described.

I’ve lived in major cities up and down both coasts, where tf are you dealing with these religious zeolots you seem to be so afraid of?

7 days ago
3/3/18
McBottery - 
Crazy Larry -
HELWIG -

So, yeah. 

You and I clearly aren’t experiencing the same America, I’ve never even almost seen what you described.

I’ve lived in major cities up and down both coasts, where tf are you dealing with these religious zeolots you seem to be so afraid of?

Helwig, meet McBottery. McBottery, meet Helwig.

7 days ago
6/22/03
Crazy Larry - 
8flat - 
Crazy Larry -
HELWIG -

So, yeah. 

And the immigrants are mostly coming from shithole countries. People from Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Germany, etc., are clamoring to get in. That's pretty telling.
7 days ago
11/25/10
Crazy Larry -
8flat - 
Crazy Larry -
HELWIG -

So, yeah. 

So the american dream is just a big lie and nobody but crazy larry has figured it out so far?

LOL this is entertaining.

7 days ago
4/12/04
jbc -
Kona Silat -

Bit early to call that a trend, especially since there’s been a steady increase from the previous steady state from May and early June.  Hopefully the trend continues, but it could just be a blip on a continued increase.

Yeah I am aware. I have been checking in on that dashboard and so far it is been constant. I am speculating that most  of the new infections are young and don't require hospitalizations.

7 days ago
5/28/03
8flat - 
Crazy Larry -
8flat - 
Crazy Larry -
HELWIG -

So, yeah. 

So the american dream is just a big lie and nobody but crazy larry has figured it out so far?

LOL this is entertaining.

To be fair to Larry, America is the only place that would let a mentally weak pussy run away from his account on an internet forum(WHAT could POSSIBLY have happened to him!?) and then come back under a new name STILL talking shit!

Its really remarkable how many second chances Kirik gives to the guys who cant take the heat.

100% he'll abandon the account after the election and come back as "Buttfag62" still running his mouth.

Oh well.

Edited: 7 days ago
4/13/12
Crazy Larry -
8flat - 
Crazy Larry -
HELWIG -

So, yeah. 

Just because the US isn't number 1 in quality of life, happiness, gdp/capita, etc  doesnt mean we're last either.  The US consistently ranks top 20 in all of those things and the difference between 1 and 20 is pretty negligible.

The world happiness index for instance puts the US at number 19 out of some 190 countries with a score of 6.9.  Finland, #1, has a 7.7.  big deal. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Happiness_Report

The US isn't number one in everything, maybe not even overall, but it's a pretty damn great country.  Easily one of the top 3 or 4 out of almost 200.

5 days ago
11/25/10
EFM -
Crazy Larry -
8flat - 
Crazy Larry -
HELWIG -

So, yeah. 

Just because the US isn't number 1 in quality of life, happiness, gdp/capita, etc  doesnt mean we're last either.  The US consistently ranks top 20 in all of those things and the difference between 1 and 20 is pretty negligible.

The world happiness index for instance puts the US at number 19 out of some 190 countries with a score of 6.9.  Finland, #1, has a 7.7.  big deal. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Happiness_Report

The US isn't number one in everything, maybe not even overall, but it's a pretty damn great country.  Easily one of the top 3 or 4 out of almost 200.

This.

When you couple our top rankings across all sorts of indexes with the fact our tax burden is so low, well, ambitious people want to move here, badly.

I hired some contractors out of Belgium to come over for consulting, highly educated guys in their early thirties, they kept going on about how nice our roads/infrastructure are when our tax rate was so low.  And the freedoms we have.  It blew their minds.  By the end of the week we closed a bar down and they were literally yelling out the car window "we love America" while we all laughed.

Sorry Larry, it's a worldwide thing.