OtherGround Forums CV19=Greatest overreaction/con in American history

6 days ago
11/10/18
androb -
Willin -
DY2 -

This is from a few days ago, so the numbers are outdated.  It is interesting nevertheless.  Everyone is scrambling to prevent a true nationwide outbreak:

What if I told you... that there is no realistic way to prevent a nationwide outbreak of a highly contagious microscropic virus which has already overtaken the entire world?

That it's a complete fantasy and a narrative the media sold to the public that they can "flatten the curve" in any real way over an extended period of time?

That staying indoors only has a primary benefit for the medical community to have a bit more time to prepare for the outbreak wave while concurrently and deleteriously costing millions of people their jobs..?

Makes you wonder why we are closing business... laying 4 million people off 

twking $7-$8T out of the stock market 

$8T in gov spending in the 1st place 

when there won’t be as many deaths in the USA as the regular flu 

It’s the craziest thing I’ve ever seen. 

5 days ago
11/20/09

The U.S. Now Leads the World in Confirmed Coronavirus Cases

5 days ago
1/1/01
We're number one! We're number one!
5 days ago
5/13/11
Eskimo -
androb -
Willin -
DY2 -

This is from a few days ago, so the numbers are outdated.  It is interesting nevertheless.  Everyone is scrambling to prevent a true nationwide outbreak:

What if I told you... that there is no realistic way to prevent a nationwide outbreak of a highly contagious microscropic virus which has already overtaken the entire world?

That it's a complete fantasy and a narrative the media sold to the public that they can "flatten the curve" in any real way over an extended period of time?

That staying indoors only has a primary benefit for the medical community to have a bit more time to prepare for the outbreak wave while concurrently and deleteriously costing millions of people their jobs..?

The problem with this logic is that expert scientific modeling accepted globally, showed that if we did nothing at all (like this CT argues in favor of, kind of) that roughly 4.5 million Americans would have died. 

So to pretend that this would only kill as many as "the flu" is a completely idiotic stance. 

IF it ends up only killing as many as the flu, it will be because of the measures we took to flatten the curve and allow time for funding and hospitals/supply chains. 

There are only a tiny fraction of mentally challenged individuals who actually still believe this would have only been like another flu season had we done nothing. 

5 days ago
1/5/11
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Eskimo -
androb -
Willin -
DY2 -

The problem with this logic is that expert scientific modeling accepted globally, showed that if we did nothing at all (like this CT argues in favor of, kind of) that roughly 4.5 million Americans would have died. 

So to pretend that this would only kill as many as "the flu" is a completely idiotic stance. 

IF it ends up only killing as many as the flu, it will be because of the measures we took to flatten the curve and allow time for funding and hospitals/supply chains. 

There are only a tiny fraction of mentally challenged individuals who actually still believe this would have only been like another flu season had we done nothing. 

Holy shit. I can't believe I am actually typing this to you, but good post.

5 days ago
5/13/11
choadler -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Eskimo -
androb -
Willin -
DY2 -

VU. I know it may seem strange after all the Trump/political arguments I've been a part of the last few years, but I swear I am a logical/rational and same person. Lol. 

I'm trying my best to just help people understand the totality of what's taking place right now. (With a dash of my douchebaggery towards the obvious and idiotic trolls like OP and CrimeCorn who still claim this is a 'nothing burger' or just like a flu)

5 days ago
4/11/08
choadler - 
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Eskimo -
androb -
Willin -
DY2 -

The problem with their logic is that they are legitimately unintelligent and uneducated.

There's nothing that can be done for them.
Edited: 5 days ago
4/20/11
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Eskimo -
androb -
Willin -
DY2 -

LOL, get the fuck out of here. You're a fugazi fraud.

This was always not going to be a majorly deadly pandemic here domestically in the US. In the realm of pandemics it's not that deadly of a virus. That's been apparent from the outset. Yet the media hysteria drove whackos like you to think that millions of Americans were going to die in a modern society with advanced medicine and unlimited federal resources.

You're a fucking clown. Your entire spin has shifted dramatically in the past 24 hours.

Now it's "staying indoors for two weeks will definitely be the reason why this kills less people than the seasonal flu!" 

Nah, you fucking idiot. It's because it was a media hypejob from the outset. Then the hysteria enveloped the nation.

It isn't because people stayed inside for 2 fucking weeks. The virus will still be here. It will still spread. It isn't a severe illness for the vast majority of patients.

Just like you said in another thread that the UK's move to shelter inside has drastically increased their outlook. What you didnt realize - and someone had to educate you on - is that they began sheltering TWO FUCKING DAYS AGO. 

What really happened, as was released in a British study, is that they think up to HALF the population already had the fucking illness and it passed without too much of a calamity. Some people died, of course, as they always do when things like this happen. Now you're trying to claim that sheltering inside for 2 days really, really flattened the curve for them.

Nah, they had it and it passed. It was never going to wipe out millions you fugazi fucking clown.

Don't start trying to pivot and spin this into "Oh, it's because we stayed inside for two weeks that the country is saved!"

It was a fucking fraud from the beginning. As I detailed in the first fucking post in this thread. 

You're a pathetic little cretin. It's obvious what you're trying to do to save face. 

Get the fuck out of my thread you pathetic fucking clown. You're a fraud and a worm of a man - who argues like a PMSing woman.

Fuck you and fuck off. 

5 days ago
11/10/18
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Eskimo -
androb -
Willin -
DY2 -

Yes I understand that and I’ve never once said it’s like the flu. I think everything should be open, we should practice social distancing and anyone over 70 should self quarantine. The government should provide help to deliver them food, medicine and other vital items. This would greatly reduce that number from 4.5 million. Yes, lots would still die, but we’d get past this more quickly and we’d still be intact economically. As it sits now we will still have considerable death, probably a little less than if my way was done and we will be completely gutted economically. 
What I’ve always contended is that the economic fallout will kill more people than what we are saving through these drastic measures. Lots will die either way and it’s horrible. Any pandemic is horrible and there are no easy solutions. I just feel like some of you completely lack the ability to understand how bad for our health a depression level economy will be. 

5 days ago
4/20/11

By the way - I should mention that I am 90% certain that I actually had the corona virus 3 weeks ago. I was shitting myself, had a bit of shortness of breath and my face was turning strangely red during exercise because my lungs must have been somewhat strained. I was also fatigued for about two days. It felt different than the flu - which I've had before.

Overall though it wasn't that bad and I felt better within a few days. It was a mild illness that past. Not the end of the world. At least for me.

5 days ago
4/20/11

Everyone watch as this jerkoff LayNPray claims he had the answers from the start and tries to discredit everything that myself and others have said.

It's how these slippery worms of men always behave. He's a spineless little annelid. To me it's disgusting to witness.

5 days ago
5/13/11
Willin -

Everyone watch as this jerkoff LayNPray claims he had the answers from the start and tries to discredit everything that myself and others have said.

It's how these slippery worms of men always behave. He's a spineless little annelid. To me it's disgusting to witness.

You're projecting really hard now. You in fact are the one going around claiming you will be "proven right" that this was all a big con job. 

The evidence we have so far CLEARLY shows that you are an imbecile, and that the measures being taken are actually having the desired impact, just like every expert has said they would. 

You can keep lying (like you did repeatedly in that long winded meltdown above) and doing the spinning yourself. 

The rest of us (other than andTard cheering you on) will continue to laugh at your trolling, or laugh even harder if you're actually serious, but incredibly stupid. 

5 days ago
5/13/11
Eskimo -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Eskimo -
androb -
Willin -
DY2 -

Yes I understand that and I’ve never once said it’s like the flu. I think everything should be open, we should practice social distancing and anyone over 70 should self quarantine. The government should provide help to deliver them food, medicine and other vital items. This would greatly reduce that number from 4.5 million. Yes, lots would still die, but we’d get past this more quickly and we’d still be intact economically. As it sits now we will still have considerable death, probably a little less than if my way was done and we will be completely gutted economically. 
What I’ve always contended is that the economic fallout will kill more people than what we are saving through these drastic measures. Lots will die either way and it’s horrible. Any pandemic is horrible and there are no easy solutions. I just feel like some of you completely lack the ability to understand how bad for our health a depression level economy will be. 

Sorry eskimo. I didn't mean my post to sound like you were the one actually pretending this is just a flu. 

I vehemently disagree with your stance of economy > lives, but respect that you can have that opinion. I understand there needs to be some balance between the two though. I just feel, based on research from experts, that it is critical to have the first couple months be much stricter than you feel. 

5 days ago
11/10/18
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Eskimo -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Eskimo -
androb -
Willin -
DY2 -

Sorry eskimo. I didn't mean my post to sound like you were the one actually pretending this is just a flu. 

I vehemently disagree with your stance of economy > lives, but respect that you can have that opinion. I understand there needs to be some balance between the two though. I just feel, based on research from experts, that it is critical to have the first couple months be much stricter than you feel. 

I hope I’m wrong

5 days ago
6/20/13

5 days ago
11/20/09
Looney Ronulan Paultard - 

I fast forwarded to hear him speak, and I regret it lol.  It's not the message but the yelling.  The little 10 second clip I listened to the message was agreeable, but I just could not let myself get yelled at by a guy who looks and acts like that lol

5 days ago
4/11/14
Looney Ronulan Paultard -

Please stop spamming the forum with this clown.

5 days ago
6/20/13
D241 -
Looney Ronulan Paultard - 

I fast forwarded to hear him speak, and I regret it lol.  It's not the message but the yelling.  The little 10 second clip I listened to the message was agreeable, but I just could not let myself get yelled at by a guy who looks and acts like that lol

Yeah.. the yelling is his schtic. It is annoying as you have noticed. However, he explains that he was coaching and experimenting with prolongued fasting with electrolytes but had little interest in his results on youtube. He tried some gimmicks and the yelling one got the most traction and views exploded so he stuck with that schtik in spite of the harshness. Here are his early days where he is more mellow and more of a storyteller instead of a drill seargent.

5 days ago
6/20/13
Positive Energy -
Looney Ronulan Paultard -

Please stop spamming the forum with this clown.

Comrade, which sources and posts are approved? Can you provide a list of pre-approved topics and what is censored? 

5 days ago
10/2/12
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Eskimo -
androb -
Willin -
DY2 -

Source on your expert models? 

5 days ago
2/2/20
Willin -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Eskimo -
androb -
Willin -
DY2 -

LOL, get the fuck out of here. You're a fugazi fraud.

This was always not going to be a majorly deadly pandemic here domestically in the US. In the realm of pandemics it's not that deadly of a virus. That's been apparent from the outset. Yet the media hysteria drove whackos like you to think that millions of Americans were going to die in a modern society with advanced medicine and unlimited federal resources.

You're a fucking clown. Your entire spin has shifted dramatically in the past 24 hours.

Now it's "staying indoors for two weeks will definitely be the reason why this kills less people than the seasonal flu!" 

Nah, you fucking idiot. It's because it was a media hypejob from the outset. Then the hysteria enveloped the nation.

It isn't because people stayed inside for 2 fucking weeks. The virus will still be here. It will still spread. It isn't a severe illness for the vast majority of patients.

Just like you said in another thread that the UK's move to shelter inside has drastically increased their outlook. What you didnt realize - and someone had to educate you on - is that they began sheltering TWO FUCKING DAYS AGO. 

What really happened, as was released in a British study, is that they think up to HALF the population already had the fucking illness and it passed without too much of a calamity. Some people died, of course, as they always do when things like this happen. Now you're trying to claim that sheltering inside for 2 days really, really flattened the curve for them.

Nah, they had it and it passed. It was never going to wipe out millions you fugazi fucking clown.

Don't start trying to pivot and spin this into "Oh, it's because we stayed inside for two weeks that the country is saved!"

It was a fucking fraud from the beginning. As I detailed in the first fucking post in this thread. 

You're a pathetic little cretin. It's obvious what you're trying to do to save face. 

Get the fuck out of my thread you pathetic fucking clown. You're a fraud and a worm of a man - who argues like a PMSing woman.

Fuck you and fuck off. 

Why are you using UK as your reasoning? They are about to go into intense lockdown, it is only just beginning for the UK.

Both left & right leaning news as per below:

Coronavirus: London hospitals facing 'tsunami' of patients

Hospital bosses say trusts will be overwhelmed in a few days as staff sickness rates rise

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/26/london-hospitals-facing-tsunami-of-coronavirus-patients-overwhelmed

A death every 13 minutes: UK's coronavirus toll jumps 113 to 578 in biggest daily rise yet as officials confirm 2,000 more cases with almost 12,000 Brits known to have been struck down

• Britain's growing coronavirus death toll today jumped to 578 after 113 more fatalities were confirmed
  • Health officials also more than 2,100 new patients had tested positive for the life-threatening infection
  • It comes after the UK yesterday posted 43 coronavirus deaths, sparking hope the crisis was easing
  • But officials changed the timings of how they counted deaths - today's figure is from a full 24-hour period 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8156339/UKs-coronavirus-death-toll-jumps-474.html

5 days ago
6/20/13

COVID19 Death rate estimates: 0.2% – 0.5%

5 days ago
2/2/12

Something that a lot of the shiheads on here are missing... just because there's a pandemic doesn't mean that people stop needing medical care for other reasons.

Just because you're "Young and Healthy" doesn't mean that you're immune to car accidents or household injuries or any other number of things people are hospitalized for. If you are currently pregnant you're likely going to want to deliver in a well equipped, well staffed hospital. If you have a heart attack or stroke, you want to be in a Cath Lab within minutes, not hours. ALL of this gets displaced when something like the Coronavirus is spreading.

The reality is anyone can need healthcare at any time, and for the next 3 - 4 months it's all going to COVID-19 treatment. Not just COVID Deaths....Treatment which leads to Deaths elsewhere. 

5 days ago
1/1/01
greasegun -

Something that a lot of the shiheads on here are missing... just because there's a pandemic doesn't mean that people stop needing medical care for other reasons.

Just because you're "Young and Healthy" doesn't mean that you're immune to car accidents or household injuries or any other number of things people are hospitalized for. If you are currently pregnant you're likely going to want to deliver in a well equipped, well staffed hospital. If you have a heart attack or stroke, you want to be in a Cath Lab within minutes, not hours. ALL of this gets displaced when something like the Coronavirus is spreading.

The reality is anyone can need healthcare at any time, and for the next 3 - 4 months it's all going to COVID-19 treatment. Not just COVID Deaths....Treatment which leads to Deaths elsewhere. 

Believe it or not, total daily deaths in the US are down since nobody is leaving the house.

Chicagoans aren't even shooting each other as often!

5 days ago
12/9/13