OtherGround Forums CV19=Greatest overreaction/con in American history

21 days ago
5/13/11
PoopingTom -

If the whole problem is a lack of ventilators then they should be mass producing them like there's no tomorrow.  

Musk is offering to produce ventilators for hospitals if a shortage becomes imminent here. 

Edited: 21 days ago
11/11/11

"I am going to make a prediction that yes, people will die from this."

The only part of OP's post worth reading as it pretty much explains who you're dealing with here.

21 days ago
4/20/11
PoopingTom -

If the whole problem is a lack of ventilators then they should be mass producing them like there's no tomorrow.  

They undoubtedly are. That's how market economies work.

21 days ago
4/20/11
EazyG -

Its interesting how these stressful events bring out the mentally unstable conspiritards in spades

This is the other main trope that deranged liberals spread in every thread I've posted in. "Conspiritard! Mentally ill!" 

LOL. 

Liberals are so childish.

21 days ago
5/13/11
Willin -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Willin -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Soup and Beer -
Charles Barkley - 

Yeah. Something seems fishy. Time will tell. 

what seems fishy about the pandemic?

I think he means more the response in relation to government control. Just my opinion though. 

Exactly.

This is my point. 

I completely acknowledge it's spreading.

Just like the flu spreads.

To 50 million people each year.

Killing 50 thousand.

Yet not a word is said about it outside of "Welp, that happened again - as it ALWAYS does. Every year."

My point is that we can't shut down the fucking economy over it. This is going to cost us in a HUGE way. 

It's already cost JUST the American taxpayers 1,500,000,000,000.00 in stimulus. $1.5 TRILLION!

All bars and restaurants are closed near me. People are losing their jobs left and right!

Some places are going to have to close permanently. 

For a flu with a 99.30% survivability rate!

Yet people (typically liberals) keep conflating the point and saying that I'm crazy because we're all gonna die! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To the opposite side of the coin, you parroting false and misleading connections to a normal flu, that we've had vaccines and proven treatments for for decades, is just as ridiculous, but also much more dangerous. 

This isn't just a flu, and people who think like you are putting a lot of others in danger. 

Based on the data and facts we do have at thus early stage, an "overreaction" is much better than an underreaction (although not an actual word, you get the point). 

It's a flu that spreads a bit easier and has a 99.30% survivability rate.

In fact it seems that they have already figured out several ways to effectively treat it.

Of course they don't have vaccines for it. From my understanding there are thousands of strains of flu spreading around each year. Your magical "vaccines" are just a selection of the predicted handful of most dominant strains that will spread in a comin season. So you get a vaccine for a handful - yet there are thousands more you can still catch.

Cool story bro. I'll stick with data and info from people much smarter than you will ever be on this subject. You can cling to the talking points from back when Trump was trying his best to downplay this. 

3/4/18

It's not the death rate that's scary..it's the amount of people that catch it and need to be hospitalised. Why don't people understand this simple concept. 

As far as overreaction goes...do you not see what's happening everywhere else in the world? Surely, there is no better time for better safe than sorry than now.

21 days ago
10/8/13

Humans see the flu every year. Humans do not or have not seen Covid-19 yet. You can't compare the two.

5/13/11
Smokestack -

It's not the death rate that's scary..it's the amount of people that catch it and need to be hospitalised. Why don't people understand this simple concept. 

As far as overreaction goes...do you not see what's happening everywhere else in the world? Surely, there is no better time for better safe than sorry than now.

Willin didn't see any of this info on Breitbart or infowars....so its not true. Just a flu bro. With a little higher ease of contraction. 

21 days ago
8/1/13

Been saying this since the beginning. THere will be a reckoning for the MSM and all the doomsayers.

10/8/13
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Willin -
billyball2 -
Willin - 
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Soup and Beer -
Charles Barkley - 

I think he means more the response in relation to government control. Just my opinion though. 

Exactly.

This is my point. 

Killing 50 thousand.

Yet not a word is said about it outside of "Welp, that happened again - as it ALWAYS does. Every year."

My point is that we can't shut down the fucking economy over it. This is going to cost us in a HUGE way. 

It's already cost JUST the American taxpayers 1,500,000,000,000.00 in stimulus. $1.5 TRILLION!

All bars and restaurants are closed near me. People are losing their jobs left and right!

Yet people (typically liberals) keep conflating the point and saying that I'm crazy because we're all gonna die! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Politicians saw their opportunity to pounce and exercise power.

It's an election year so they got zero resistance from Trump and they all fucking piled on.

This is insanity on a scale we haven't seen before.

Precisely the point regarding the political aspect.

NOTHING the weasel liberals have tried has really worked.

They WILL utilize this flu and gin up a ton of criticisms about it then try to pin it on Trump.

All the while exclaiming "Look, I shut down our local economy (placing tens of thousands in unemployment using draconian government threat of force) to save our city from this (relatively mild) flu. I saved you all (at the cost of your present and future ability to afford anything) while Trump bungled everything!"

Ahhhhhh so you expose your true sheepish partisanship. 

Republican POTUS, and Republican controlled Senate have the power and authority to make these decisions you're crying about, but if course when a poster aligns with you that politicians are taking advantage, you immediately default to reeeeing about liberals. Lol

Conservatives and Trump are now on the same page with the liberals somebody get OP the memo.

21 days ago
4/20/11
MMA Promoter1 -

Humans see the flu every year. Humans do not or have not seen Covid-19 yet. You can't compare the two.

Just like humans saw the deadly H1N1 Swine Flu during the Obama administration and millions of Americans got infected?

Yet nothing major was done about it.

There wasn't a hysteria.

The economy didn't shut down.

People weren't in hysterics that the sky was falling.

Yet somehow I'm the nut saying that this is an overreaction that is going to (and has) hurt us massively due to the economic impacts and precedent set.

21 days ago
5/13/11
MMA Promoter1 -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Willin -
billyball2 -
Willin - 
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Soup and Beer -
Charles Barkley - 

Exactly.

This is my point. 

Killing 50 thousand.

It's an election year so they got zero resistance from Trump and they all fucking piled on.

They WILL utilize this flu and gin up a ton of criticisms about it then try to pin it on Trump.

All the while exclaiming "Look, I shut down our local economy (placing tens of thousands in unemployment using draconian government threat of force) to save our city from this (relatively mild) flu. I saved you all (at the cost of your present and future ability to afford anything) while Trump bungled everything!"

Republican POTUS, and Republican controlled Senate have the power and authority to make these decisions you're crying about, but if course when a poster aligns with you that politicians are taking advantage, you immediately default to reeeeing about liberals. Lol

Conservatives and Trump are now on the same page with the liberals somebody get OP the memo.

Your comment refutes nothing about what I said. 

21 days ago
4/13/12

OP what part of the hospitalization rate (20%) don't you get?  the fatality rate is low because at the moment, our hospitals are not overloaded.  if they become overloaded, the fatality rate becomes a double digit percentage.

4/20/11
camicom -

Been saying this since the beginning. THere will be a reckoning for the MSM and all the doomsayers.

Yep. This will pass without an exorbitant amount of (unfortunate) deaths.

People will be left devastated without jobs, their 401k's slashed so they can't retire, inability to even AFFORD healthcare, etc.

There will be an uprising and a reckoning from all of the blue collar workers who have been destroyed by local governments edicts that they had to stop working/effectively close their businesses due to this. Harming them irreparably. 

21 days ago
10/8/13
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
MMA Promoter1 -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Willin -
billyball2 -
Willin - 
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Soup and Beer -
Charles Barkley - 

Exactly.

This is my point. 

Killing 50 thousand.

What would I be refuting? Were in agreement OP is a moron. My comment was just that Conservatives and Liberals are actually working together now in response to this. This virus isn't bi-partisan anymore.

21 days ago
4/20/11
EFM -

OP what part of the hospitalization rate (20%) don't you get?  the fatality rate is low because at the moment, our hospitals are not overloaded.  if they become overloaded, the fatality rate becomes a double digit percentage.

Oh, really? When they have already found several ways to effectively treat it? Cool story, bro.

21 days ago
6/30/07
Zonion -

I hope we’ll look back at this as an overreaction.   Time will tell.

Heres the beauty of being a true CT...

Our "overreaction" to the possibility of a pandemic will likely break the growth curve. Then, because 20% of the population doesn't die, they are fully justified in their idiocy.

IMO, it's like being a Bible thumper. Literally nothing I say will change your mind, I just have to decide if I want to deal with you or not.

21 days ago
10/8/13
Willin -
EFM -

Oh, really? When they have already found several ways to effectively treat it? Cool story, bro.

Several ways to treat it without the supplies or means to do so? Trump recently enacted war time policies allowing for supplies to be made immediately. 

21 days ago
1/1/01
EFM - 

The exact same people "REEEEING" that Trump is overreacting are the same people who will be screaming at Trump because he didn't do enough to get the virus under control.

21 days ago
1/24/20

Jesus, the amount of stupidity in this thread is staggering. I think I'm done OG'ing for the day. 

21 days ago
1/1/01
MahomesIsYourDaddy - 

Jesus, the amount of stupidity in this thread is staggering. I think I'm done OG'ing for the day. 

agreed.   A pandemic might be one of those rare cases where an authoritarian government is better equipped to deal with a crisis.  It has the ability to save the braindead from themselves.

21 days ago
1/1/01

in to read later

21 days ago
8/10/05
Soup and Beer - 
MahomesIsYourDaddy - 

agreed.   A pandemic might be one of those rare cases where an authoritarian government is better equipped to deal with a crisis.  It has the ability to save the braindead from themselves.

Are they really savable?

21 days ago
5/13/11
MMA Promoter1 -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
MMA Promoter1 -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Willin -
billyball2 -
Willin - 
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Soup and Beer -
Charles Barkley - 

Exactly.

This is my point. 

Killing 50 thousand.

What would I be refuting? Were in agreement OP is a moron. My comment was just that Conservatives and Liberals are actually working together now in response to this. This virus isn't bi-partisan anymore.

When you can figure out how ridiculous and contradictory this latest response is, let me know. 

(Hint: you argued they are working together...and then said "the virus isn't bipartisan anymore")

Republicans are calling the shots for the most part. They are still starting to work together, but R still has the majority and basically controls all 3 branches at this point. Dems had to concede that the GOP demanded they cut the mandatory sick pay from the COVID19 bill to get it to pass, as one example.

6/11/10
camicom -

I’m a Trump supporter. So you can’t paint me with the brush of a liberal, nor do I pay attention to the mainstream media. Youve been so consistently wrong on this. 
What reckoning do you think is going to happen? That’s absurd. The media has been lying to the masses for decades, and now there will be a reckoning?? Lol