OtherGround Forums CV19=Greatest overreaction/con in American history

Edited: 21 days ago
4/20/11
ABCTT_Ninpo Silva -
camicom -

Been saying this since the beginning. THere will be a reckoning for the MSM and all the doomsayers.

I’m a Trump supporter. So you can’t paint me with the brush of a liberal, nor do I pay attention to the mainstream media. Youve been so consistently wrong on this. 
What reckoning do you think is going to happen? That’s absurd. The media has been lying to the masses for decades, and now there will be a reckoning?? Lol

The media sensationalizing things and encouraging hysterias has never had this much of a direct impact on the populace.To the point where many blue collar people have or will lose their income if not their jobs completely.

If and when this pandemic probably turns out to be a manageable scenario many of those people are going to be left destitute. 

There won't be a second revolutionary war but it should result in a lot more people questioning what they are told when charlatans and demagogues in the media are telling society that the sky is falling.

21 days ago
1/1/01

Massive overreaction, imo.

21 days ago
3/28/02
Mountain Medic -
Zonion -

I hope we’ll look back at this as an overreaction.   Time will tell.

Heres the beauty of being a true CT...

Our "overreaction" to the possibility of a pandemic will likely break the growth curve. Then, because 20% of the population doesn't die, they are fully justified in their idiocy.

IMO, it's like being a Bible thumper. Literally nothing I say will change your mind, I just have to decide if I want to deal with you or not.

TRUTH BOMB!

its a strange form of mental illness for CTs like OP

21 days ago
4/20/11
EazyG -
Mountain Medic -
Zonion -

I hope we’ll look back at this as an overreaction.   Time will tell.

Heres the beauty of being a true CT...

Our "overreaction" to the possibility of a pandemic will likely break the growth curve. Then, because 20% of the population doesn't die, they are fully justified in their idiocy.

IMO, it's like being a Bible thumper. Literally nothing I say will change your mind, I just have to decide if I want to deal with you or not.

TRUTH BOMB!

its a strange form of mental illness for CTs like OP

So I am the CT when I point out the extreme overreaction for a flu which has a 99.30% survivability rate?

Wouldn't the people in hysterics for a strain of flu with a 0.70% fatality rate be the CT's?

21 days ago
1/1/01
ttt
21 days ago
3/13/18

So much stupid in one place...

4/20/11
The_Pundits_Ghost -

SInce you're here - I agree.

The true death rate could turn out to be similar to that of a severe seasonal flu, below 1 percent, according to an editorial published in the journal by Dr. Anthony S. Fauci and Dr. H. Clifford Lane, of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, and Dr. Robert R. Redfield, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 

21 days ago
6/11/10
Willin -
ABCTT_Ninpo Silva -
camicom -

Been saying this since the beginning. THere will be a reckoning for the MSM and all the doomsayers.

I’m a Trump supporter. So you can’t paint me with the brush of a liberal, nor do I pay attention to the mainstream media. Youve been so consistently wrong on this. 
What reckoning do you think is going to happen? That’s absurd. The media has been lying to the masses for decades, and now there will be a reckoning?? Lol

The media sensationalizing things and encouraging hysterias has never had this much of a direct impact on the populace.To the point where many blue collar people have or will lose their income if not their jobs completely.

If and when this pandemic probably turns out to be a manageable scenario many of those people are going to be left destitute. 

There won't be a second revolutionary war but it should result in a lot more people questioning what they are told when charlatans and demagogues in the media are telling society that the sky is falling.

Let’s be real here. People whip themselves into a frenzy, there is no media required. Stop scapegoating the media because of stupid people. Guess what? Stupid people are everywhere, they walk amongst us daily. 

The direct impact on the populace comes from the situation we are in.  Do you think overloading the healthcare system would be a better option then shutting things down to prevent that?

You making over exaggerations that the media is claiming the sky is falling when that isn’t happening reduces your credibility.

21 days ago
6/11/10

The media sensationalism isn’t the same as overreacting to prevent a catastrophic outcome.

4/20/11
ABCTT_Ninpo Silva -
Willin -
ABCTT_Ninpo Silva -
camicom -

Let’s be real here. People whip themselves into a frenzy, there is no media required. Stop scapegoating the media because of stupid people. Guess what? Stupid people are everywhere, they walk amongst us daily. 

The direct impact on the populace comes from the situation we are in.  Do you think overloading the healthcare system would be a better option then shutting things down to prevent that?

You making over exaggerations that the media is claiming the sky is falling when that isn’t happening reduces your credibility.

You're missing enormous, enormous factors in your simplified equation.

For something that is barely more dangerous than seasonal flu - and that will improve once they refine treatments - they have shut down huge swaths of the economy.

They have spent/blown $1.5 TRILLION in taxpayer money in a matter of WEEKS. Where do you think that money comes from? It has a very real cost.

Local governments have MANDATED huge swaths of the economy shut down for (what is projected to be) 2 weeks or longer. AS IF THAT WILL MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE. 

In two weeks they will HAVE to let places reopen or face local economic collapse. What do you think this flu is going to fucking disappear in two weeks? LOL at that.

It'll still be here, still spreading - and the vast majority of people will be fine. In fact, the majority of people are AYSMPTOMATIC OR HAVE VERY MILD SYMPTOMS.

Do people not understand how this works? It will STILL be here in two weeks. This time just gives the medical industry a bit of a buffer to prepare a bit more. This CAN NOT go on indefinitely or the economy collapses. 

For a flu that's a bit more dangerous than a seasonal flu.

It amazes me the lack of consideration or understanding most people seem to have about the ENORMOUS toll this is having systemically on the economy - and the pain is just beginning.

It's not the stock market you should be primarily worried about. It's your parents and neighbors who start losing their jobs like flies. They'll be fucking devastated.

Over a flu with a 99.30% survivability rate.

21 days ago
5/13/11
Willin -
The_Pundits_Ghost -

The true death rate could turn out to be similar to that of a severe seasonal flu, below 1 percent, according to an editorial published in the journal by Dr. Anthony S. Fauci and Dr. H. Clifford Lane, of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, and Dr. Robert R. Redfield, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 

"Could turn out to be...."

Yet here you are making two thread in 24 hours repeating the .07% as if it were fact. 

You're doing the same cherry picking bullshit you're crying about, just in the other direction. 

21 days ago
5/13/11

Here's  the same Fauci you just quoted OP:

[The WHO's estimated mortality rate for COVID-19 started off at 2%, Fauci said. If you count all the estimated cases of people who may have it but haven't been diagnosed yet, the mortality rate is probably closer to 1%, he said, "which means it's 10 times more lethal than the seasonal flu." ]

So can you own your own bullshit and stop pretending it's "barely more dangerous than the flu"?

4/20/11
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Willin -
The_Pundits_Ghost -

Yet here you are making two thread in 24 hours repeating the .07% as if it were fact. 

You're doing the same cherry picking bullshit you're crying about, just in the other direction. 

What the fuck did I cherry pick?

Not only that, the survivability rate is UNDOUBTEDLY even better than reported - because so many people have had this but were untested for it since the medical community WASN'T testing for it. Or people had it and it passed without too much of an issue.

Not only that, they are apparently making headway ALREADY in treating it.

Yet the media would have you believe the sky is falling. 

We're all gonna dieeeeeeeeeeeeee! Ahhhhhhhhhh!

21 days ago
4/20/11
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

[The WHO's estimated mortality rate for COVID-19 started off at 2%, Fauci said. If you count all the estimated cases of people who may have it but haven't been diagnosed yet, the mortality rate is probably closer to 1%, he said, "which means it's 10 times more lethal than the seasonal flu." ]

So can you own your own bullshit and stop pretending it's "barely more dangerous than the flu"?

Of course figures are skewed because it caught the medical community and the world by surprise. As it always is for any new strain of flu.

Those fatality figures/estimates are going nowhere but downward.

21 days ago
9/26/10

i give op credit for going out on his shield. he may be extreme, but there are probably a lot of good points in what he says. the people who try to completely shut down his stance are just as extreme, imo. 

hopefully the medical field is getting their ducks in a row over the next few weeks because this can't go on indefinitely. and certainly not for the 18 months that i just saw floated as a recommendation by some experts in another thread. 

21 days ago
12/5/17

Again -- whether you think the panic is called for or not, you seriously discredit yourself when you target the media and not the health officials... it is the health officials... the experts... the people in charge of responding to this very thing... the absolute-fucking-authorities on the subject... who are responsible for sounding the alarms...

See Dr. Fauci and countless leaders at local, state, national, and international health departments.

21 days ago
5/13/11
Willin -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

Of course figures are skewed because it caught the medical community and the world by surprise. As it always is for any new strain of flu.

Fauci: "which means it is ten times deadlier than the flu" 

Willin: "barely more dangerous than the flu"

You opened the door to Fauci by trying to use him for your argument. He shits all over your attempt to pretend this is just a flu. Sorry. 

21 days ago
5/13/11
Willin -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Willin -
The_Pundits_Ghost -

Not only that, the survivability rate is UNDOUBTEDLY even better than reported - because so many people have had this but were untested for it since the medical community WASN'T testing for it. Or people had it and it passed without too much of an issue.

You're cherry picking the lowest possible mortality rate for your #fakenews that this is "barely more dangerous than the flu". 

Just like you're crying about the media using the highest numbers they can to scare everyone, just in the opposite direction. 

21 days ago
1/1/01
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Willin -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

Fauci: "which means it is ten times deadlier than the flu" 

Willin: "barely more dangerous than the flu"

You opened the door to Fauci by trying to use him for your argument. He shits all over your attempt to pretend this is just a flu. Sorry. 

4/20/11
ufc98newb -

i give op credit for going out on his shield. he may be extreme, but there are probably a lot of good points in what he says. the people who try to completely shut down his stance are just as extreme, imo. 

hopefully the medical field is getting their ducks in a row over the next few weeks because this can't go on indefinitely. and certainly not for the 18 months that i just saw floated as a recommendation by some experts in another thread. 

The problem is what I am saying is regarded as extreme by some people. Especially those who gormandize the media hysteria by the shovelful.

To me what I am saying is very reasonable. 

Yet it's considered extreme by a large amount of people in this day and age of unreality - and that is truly terrifying.

21 days ago
4/20/11
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Willin -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Willin -
The_Pundits_Ghost -

You're cherry picking the lowest possible mortality rate for your #fakenews that this is "barely more dangerous than the flu". 

Just like you're crying about the media using the highest numbers they can to scare everyone, just in the opposite direction. 

We'll see who has a greater estimation of reality in about 12 months from now.

Feel free to bump the thread then - if the big, bad COVID doesn't come to get you.

21 days ago
4/13/12

that's it.  i'm convinced OP is trolling.

21 days ago
2/25/09

The reaction is very disproportionate.  

21 days ago
5/13/11
Willin -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Willin -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Willin -
The_Pundits_Ghost -

Feel free to bump the thread then - if the big, bad COVID doesn't come to get you.

Decent deflection attempt. 7/10. 

4/20/11
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Willin -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Willin -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Willin -
The_Pundits_Ghost -

Decent deflection attempt. 7/10. 

What deflection? I inferred to hold me accountable when we have tangible widespread data domestically available.