Edited: 13 days ago
1/1/01
D241 - 
Willin -
Soup and Beer -
Willin - 
Soup and Beer -
Willin - 

Turns out I was right. Whoops! I'll take a seat over here.

Half the country could have died and you would still be saying it was an overreaction.

That being said, I'm 100% for opening things back up.

W

When THE FUCK did I say it was a grand leftist conspiracy? Please point to that post. You're filling in blanks with your own mind and it severely degrades your own arguments. Perhaps I mistook you for a delusional leftist because you swing to extremes and make conflations about my statements like every single leftist loser in this thread has done. It's a universal staple of leftists because their arguments are dogshit. So they resort to conflation and delusion. Always. As a staple.

Sweden's economy might currently be hurt - as all economies will be. However at least their businesses have the CAPABILITY to earn revenue. That will hopefully keep most busineses afloat once things return to normalcy there. They should be reaching herd immunity ANY DAY NOW because they didn't enforce a sociopathic lockdown. Compare that to our results domestically where local governments have essentially delusionally mandated small business bankruptcy under fine of penalty or loss of licensure. 

It's curious to me how easily the sheep in modern American society support a lockdown like it's some normal thing. This is UNPRECEDENTED - yet people are acting like it's the moral and altruistic thing to do. As they watch their neighbors lose their businesses, homes, medical care, and everything they've ever owned.

LOL! How delusional, asleep, blind, and unempathic do you have to be to not understand that? It really is tantamount to speaking to children.

It would be hilarious if it wasn't so tragic. Watching people beat their chest to virtue signal while everything is raized to the ground around them.

LOL. Pure delusion and fantasy. Children. 

You are extreme, as most of your post prove.  You call people political affiliations if they don't seemingly agree with you and I am sure that's where his comment of leftist conspiracy originated from.  

He, Soup and Beer, has shown the ability to listen, dissect, and form an opinion.  You however, seem like someone who in real life either yells at people who don't agree or high five those who do.  

Listening is not your best skill.   Nor is typing online trying to come off level headed. 

No, I have been forming my viewpoints on the virus based on the current and most reliable data available at the time.

The virus has been politicized.  The extremes on the right have been dismissing the virus as nothing more than the flu even when the data showed otherwise.   Any negative data was dismissed and deemed "Democratic liberal propoganda". 

The extremes on the left have been dismissing any positive news.  They insisted on the worst possible outcome and want to stay locked down until a vaccine is created.

I haven't been politicizing the virus at all and was trying to depend on what was coming from those like Dr. Osterholm and Dr. Campbell.   The most recent data shows far more people are asymptomatic than thought before.  That brings the CFR way down.  And that is fantastic news.  I am for opening up the country and trying to get back to normal with precautions.

I am not criticizing those like you who took a different less pessimistic viewpoint.  You have been reasonable during all of this.  You concentrated your posts on positive news relating to the virus and I was grateful for any positive news on it I could get.   There were others like Willin though that wanted to just ignore any medical data coming through at all.  He has been screeching about it from the beginning exactly like those on the opposite side claiming that the virus is going to kill everyone.  The truth always lies between the two extremes.

13 days ago
3/28/10

Greatest under reaction followed by greatest overreaction. That’s the American way. 

13 days ago
1/1/01
"They insisted on the worst possible outcome and want to stay locked down until a vaccine is created."

Does anyone really want that? I don't think I've heard anyone arguing that position.
5/13/11
Tomato Can - "They insisted on the worst possible outcome and want to stay locked down until a vaccine is created."

Does anyone really want that? I don't think I've heard anyone arguing that position.

It's hyperbole at best. There have been calls to continue with social distancing measures until a vaccine, but I've never seen or heard anyone calling for an actual lock down until then. Maybe some retard on social media, but not anyone of importance. 

13 days ago
3/28/10
Tomato Can - "They insisted on the worst possible outcome and want to stay locked down until a vaccine is created."

Even the dumb liberals in nyc are clamoring for things to open. 

1/1/01
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

It's hyperbole at best. There have been calls to continue with social distancing measures until a vaccine, but I've never seen or heard anyone calling for an actual lock down until then. Maybe some retard on social media, but not anyone of importance. 

I was using a little hyperbole but not much.  

Some on both sides of the argument were taking ridiculous positions.  Early on there were those here that regardless of the data presented wanted to insist that we ignore the virus entirely and go about our business like it wasn't there. 

I have a friend that claims to this day that the virus is fake.  He says no one has gotten it and it's all a plot by the Democrats to take down Trump.  He talks exactly like Eddie Bravo and is even a flat earther.

I have another friend that is a bluedog Democrat and a super hardcore Trump hater.  Everytime I showed him good news about the virus he dismissed it as pro Trump rhetoric.  I would send him links showing scientific proof that the asymptomatic cases are as high as 70%.  Previously it was 4%.  And explain it was great news because it lowers the case fatality rate.  He would become visibly irritated because he had already put his foot down on which "side" he was on.

The point is no one should be looking at it as taking a side then gloating if the end result is closer to their chosen prediction.  It's a novel virus and every nation on the planet has been hit hard economically.  I said from the beginning that no matter what actions were taken by the U.S. to deal with the virus, it likely won't be close to being optimal.  We won't know what the correct path to have taken until years after this is all over.  But hindsight is 20/20.  We can only hope that we were in the ballpark with making the right decisions. 

But as I said, even Sweden has been hit hard economically with very few lockdowns.  People still were worried about the virus and not spending and gathering at local businesses like normal.

13 days ago
5/13/11
Soup and Beer -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Some on both sides of the argument were taking ridiculous positions.  Early on there were those here that regardless of the data presented wanted to insist that we ignore the virus entirely and go about our business like it wasn't there. 

I have a friend that claims to this day that the virus is fake.  He says no one has gotten it and it's all a plot by the Democrats to take down Trump.  He talks exactly like Eddie Bravo and is even a flat earther.

I have another friend that is a bluedog Democrat and a super hardcore Trump hater.  Everytime I showed him good news about the virus he dismissed it as pro Trump rhetoric.  I would send him links showing scientific proof that the asymptomatic cases are as high as 70%.  Previously it was 4%.  And explain it was great news because it lowers the case fatality rate.  He would become visibly irritated because he had already put his foot down on which "side" he was on.

The point is no one should be looking at it as taking a side then gloating if the end result is closer to their chosen prediction.  It's a novel virus and every nation on the planet has been hit hard economically.  I said from the beginning that no matter what actions were taken by the U.S. to deal with the virus, it likely won't be close to being optimal.  We won't know what the correct path to have taken until years after this is all over.  But hindsight is 20/20.  We can only hope that we were in the ballpark with making the right decisions. 

But as I said, even Sweden has been hit hard economically with very few lockdowns.  People still were worried about the virus and not spending and gathering at local businesses like normal.

I totally agree with your stance and that there are idiots on both extreme sides of the debate. No question. 

13 days ago
10/23/05
Soup and Beer -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Great post. VU 

13 days ago
6/7/12

Lockdown was effective which makes it look like an overreaction.  There were plenty of places that didnt have covid cases because people were not allowed to travel. 

13 days ago
4/3/20
Soup and Beer -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

We have had many disagreements on nearly everything (dabigchet) but I have to say I find myself agreeing with most of your posts on this topic

13 days ago
5/23/07
Transporter - 

The leftist government in Canada now says if you want loan money you have to give a percentage of your business to them and prove to them that you have plans to go green .

Can you expand on this a bit please
13 days ago
1/1/01
VirusHoax - 
Soup and Beer -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

We have had many disagreements on nearly everything (dabigchet) but I have to say I find myself agreeing with most of your posts on this topic

We should lock down all the transgenders and let everyone else go back to work!

j/k

13 days ago
8/31/11
walkinassassin -

Lockdown was effective which makes it look like an overreaction.  There were plenty of places that didnt have covid cases because people were not allowed to travel. 

In regards to spreading a virus, obviously lockdown would be effective while you are locked down... you didn’t get rid of the virus, you don’t have a cure and millions have lost their jobs. What did you do except delay a problem? How can you consider that effective?

13 days ago
6/7/12
MmmozzY -
walkinassassin -

In regards to spreading a virus, obviously lockdown would be effective while you are locked down... you didn’t get rid of the virus, you don’t have a cure and millions have lost their jobs. What did you do except delay a problem? How can you consider that effective?

It allowed us to ramp up production of the vaccine, ppe, and find what doesn't work [vents]. Seems like a good thing in case round 2 is worse and we see more mutations.

13 days ago
8/29/08
ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -
Transporter - 

The leftist government in Canada now says if you want loan money you have to give a percentage of your business to them and prove to them that you have plans to go green .

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  

DONATE

Trudeau's loans are a protection racket: Liberals will “observe” biz taking bailouts

Will we see a re-nationalization of Air Canada or PetroCanada?

A new report in the Globe and Mail reveals the Liberals’ plan to colonize boards of directors and take part government ownership of large employers seeking Federal help to survive the government mandated coronavirus shut down:  

“The Large Employer Emergency Financing Facility (LEEFF) program, particularly aimed at airlines and oil and gas companies, was announced on May 11 and is designed for distressed companies with at least $300-million in annual revenue. The minimum loan size will be $60-million, and there is no explicit maximum loan size. 

The program offers the government’s help as a lender of last resort to companies that are unable to obtain private financing and would be at risk of falling into bankruptcy owing to the economic impact of the novel coronavirus pandemic. 

The new details of LEEFF state that a company must provide the federal government with the option to purchase common shares through a stock warrant, or receive cash equivalents, equal to 15 per cent of the principal amount of the loan. A stock warrant gives an investor, which in this case is the government, the option to buy company shares at a specific price by a specific time. The conditions also say the government could appoint an observer to the corporate board of the company receiving a loan.” 

But this isn't the first time the feds have made the very businesses they caused to struggle due to Liberal incompetence swear allegiance to the Liberals to be able to get some help.  

Hidden in the  newly launched Canada Emergency Business Account is a liberal landmine. To qualify for the government-backed bank loan, the struggling applicant businesses must profess that it does not promote violence, incite hatred or discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, religion, culture, region, education, age or mental or physical disability”. 

The problem is the Liberals' definitions of those things — discrimination, hate and violence — are ever-evolving, to mean values that don’t comport with stuff Justin Trudeau likes. 

Last week, the federal government announced that any large employer applying for  government help would also have to comply with the Liberals values around climate change.  

What a scam. The government closed these businesses and caused mass layoffs, and now the government wants to seize control of the companies in exchange for help for the damage the government inflicted upon them in the first place!  

The businesses were forced to close because the government failed to close the borders to stop the spread of the coronavirus.  

These days, it’s getting hard to tell the Liberals from a mob protection racket.

4/20/11
D241 -
Willin -
Soup and Beer -
Willin - 
Soup and Beer -
Willin - 

Half the country could have died and you would still be saying it was an overreaction.

What the fuck are you talking about you dunce? More typical liberal conflations. Liberals are children so they view the world in extremes and have a hard time accepting when reality is askance to their perceptions. 

Half the country was never going to die. It was all bullshit from the outset. 

You act like I am unempathic or not understanding the situation. When, as a matter of fact, I am quite the opposite.

In your utter blindness you fail to realize that the devastation caused by government/sociopath/liberal/democrat /childlish overreach was - and is - the far more malicious outcome. This country has been hobbled over what amounts to bullshit.

I am more empathic than the fake, virtue signaling dumb cunts who caused 30,000,000+ people to lose their jobs suddenly - many to never be restored - over something which kills octogenarians. 

You stupid fucks want to nosedive this country into the ground over something comparable to a severe flu - for the elderly and immunocompromised. 

You're all just playing make believe. Pretending that the air is poison with your masks. Jerking yourselves off in your mind as you try to signal your fallacious virtue and moral superiotity. Just like all liberals.

Fucking pathetic cretins and dunces.

What the fuck are YOU talking about dummy?    I'm nothing remotely approaching a liberal. 

I followed this virus since before it was even being talked about in the states.  Once I saw China shut down 90% of their manufacturing and quarantined half the country I knew it was something to keep an eye on.  Then it happened in South Korea, then Iran, Germany, Italy, etc.

This is not some grand leftist conspiracy as you seem to think.  It is a novel virus that turned out to have a lower CFR than originally predicted.  Mainly because of the vastly underestimated asymptomatic cases.  At first they estimated 4% would be asymptomatic.  Now it looks to be higher than 50%.   Unlike people like you that were making claims based off of NOTHING, I was changing my views as more data came in. 

No matter how the U.S. responded, we were not going to get the perfect balance between safety and the economy.  It was guesswork based off incomplete information about the virus.  Sweden responded by having little restrictions but the latest data shows they have been hit almost as hard economically.  Because people have still been hesitant to visit restuarants and other businesses.

To make my position clear overall:

Fuck Fauci :  He lied several times and is all over the place with his predictions.

Fuck the CDC:  They royally fucked up the original test kits, then contaminated subsequent test kits with the virus.

Fuck the WHO:  An abysmal corrupt organization that is 100% in the pockets of China

And fuck the power hungry governors who still want to hang on to power and maintain full lockdowns even though the fatality numbers have dropped to single digits. 

When THE FUCK did I say it was a grand leftist conspiracy? Please point to that post. You're filling in blanks with your own mind and it severely degrades your own arguments. Perhaps I mistook you for a delusional leftist because you swing to extremes and make conflations about my statements like every single leftist loser in this thread has done. It's a universal staple of leftists because their arguments are dogshit. So they resort to conflation and delusion. Always. As a staple.

Sweden's economy might currently be hurt - as all economies will be. However at least their businesses have the CAPABILITY to earn revenue. That will hopefully keep most busineses afloat once things return to normalcy there. They should be reaching herd immunity ANY DAY NOW because they didn't enforce a sociopathic lockdown. Compare that to our results domestically where local governments have essentially delusionally mandated small business bankruptcy under fine of penalty or loss of licensure. 

It's curious to me how easily the sheep in modern American society support a lockdown like it's some normal thing. This is UNPRECEDENTED - yet people are acting like it's the moral and altruistic thing to do. As they watch their neighbors lose their businesses, homes, medical care, and everything they've ever owned.

LOL! How delusional, asleep, blind, and unempathic do you have to be to not understand that? It really is tantamount to speaking to children.

It would be hilarious if it wasn't so tragic. Watching people beat their chest to virtue signal while everything is raized to the ground around them.

You are extreme, as most of your post prove.  You call people political affiliations if they don't seemingly agree with you and I am sure that's where his comment of leftist conspiracy originated from.  

He, Soup and Beer, has shown the ability to listen, dissect, and form an opinion.  You however, seem like someone who in real life either yells at people who don't agree or high five those who do.  

Listening is not your best skill.   Nor is typing online trying to come off level headed. 

You strike me as a eunich. Who cut off your balls? Or are you a "saintly" priest? What gives? Every post you've made in this thread has been in the order of "Why are you speaking so harshly about sinisterly draconian policies that have been enacted to destroy the greatest country ever to exist? Why can't you be sweeter? Look at daaaaa curveeeeeeeeee. Do you know how daaaa curveeeeee works?"

Yes. I told you that I understand how daaa curve works repeatedly ~25 pages ago. I learned it when I was roughly 12 years old. It's a juvenile concept. Where did you go to school? 

Keep being friendzoned by your girlfriends you try to promote in model competitions here on the OG. It's laughable and reeks of erectille disfunction. You act like you're some moral authority. LOL! Pathetic. Grow some balls.

13 days ago
11/1/06
Transporter -
ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -
Transporter - 

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  

DONATE

Trudeau's loans are a protection racket: Liberals will “observe” biz taking bailouts

A new report in the Globe and Mail reveals the Liberals’ plan to colonize boards of directors and take part government ownership of large employers seeking Federal help to survive the government mandated coronavirus shut down:  

“The Large Employer Emergency Financing Facility (LEEFF) program, particularly aimed at airlines and oil and gas companies, was announced on May 11 and is designed for distressed companies with at least $300-million in annual revenue. The minimum loan size will be $60-million, and there is no explicit maximum loan size. 

The program offers the government’s help as a lender of last resort to companies that are unable to obtain private financing and would be at risk of falling into bankruptcy owing to the economic impact of the novel coronavirus pandemic. 

The new details of LEEFF state that a company must provide the federal government with the option to purchase common shares through a stock warrant, or receive cash equivalents, equal to 15 per cent of the principal amount of the loan. A stock warrant gives an investor, which in this case is the government, the option to buy company shares at a specific price by a specific time. The conditions also say the government could appoint an observer to the corporate board of the company receiving a loan.” 

But this isn't the first time the feds have made the very businesses they caused to struggle due to Liberal incompetence swear allegiance to the Liberals to be able to get some help.  

Hidden in the  newly launched Canada Emergency Business Account is a liberal landmine. To qualify for the government-backed bank loan, the struggling applicant businesses must profess that it does not promote violence, incite hatred or discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, religion, culture, region, education, age or mental or physical disability”. 

The problem is the Liberals' definitions of those things — discrimination, hate and violence — are ever-evolving, to mean values that don’t comport with stuff Justin Trudeau likes. 

Last week, the federal government announced that any large employer applying for  government help would also have to comply with the Liberals values around climate change.  

What a scam. The government closed these businesses and caused mass layoffs, and now the government wants to seize control of the companies in exchange for help for the damage the government inflicted upon them in the first place!  

The businesses were forced to close because the government failed to close the borders to stop the spread of the coronavirus.  

These days, it’s getting hard to tell the Liberals from a mob protection racket.

LOL. Asking a business to go green is not the same thing as taking over their business, at all. It’s an incentive and if businesses don’t want to go green then they can always say no and not take the money. 

13 days ago
10/16/10
LoveToChoke - 
Transporter -
ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -
Transporter - 

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  

DONATE

LOL. Asking a business to go green is not the same thing as taking over their business, at all. It’s an incentive and if businesses don’t want to go green then they can always say no and not take the money. 

Radical ideologues, even in a pandemic.
13 days ago
2/2/20
Willin -
D241 -
Willin -
Soup and Beer -
Willin - 
Soup and Beer -
Willin - 

What the fuck are you talking about you dunce? More typical liberal conflations. Liberals are children so they view the world in extremes and have a hard time accepting when reality is askance to their perceptions. 

Half the country was never going to die. It was all bullshit from the outset. 

You act like I am unempathic or not understanding the situation. When, as a matter of fact, I am quite the opposite.

In your utter blindness you fail to realize that the devastation caused by government/sociopath/liberal/democrat /childlish overreach was - and is - the far more malicious outcome. This country has been hobbled over what amounts to bullshit.

I am more empathic than the fake, virtue signaling dumb cunts who caused 30,000,000+ people to lose their jobs suddenly - many to never be restored - over something which kills octogenarians. 

You stupid fucks want to nosedive this country into the ground over something comparable to a severe flu - for the elderly and immunocompromised. 

You're all just playing make believe. Pretending that the air is poison with your masks. Jerking yourselves off in your mind as you try to signal your fallacious virtue and moral superiotity. Just like all liberals.

Fucking pathetic cretins and dunces.

What the fuck are YOU talking about dummy?    I'm nothing remotely approaching a liberal. 

I followed this virus since before it was even being talked about in the states.  Once I saw China shut down 90% of their manufacturing and quarantined half the country I knew it was something to keep an eye on.  Then it happened in South Korea, then Iran, Germany, Italy, etc.

This is not some grand leftist conspiracy as you seem to think.  It is a novel virus that turned out to have a lower CFR than originally predicted.  Mainly because of the vastly underestimated asymptomatic cases.  At first they estimated 4% would be asymptomatic.  Now it looks to be higher than 50%.   Unlike people like you that were making claims based off of NOTHING, I was changing my views as more data came in. 

No matter how the U.S. responded, we were not going to get the perfect balance between safety and the economy.  It was guesswork based off incomplete information about the virus.  Sweden responded by having little restrictions but the latest data shows they have been hit almost as hard economically.  Because people have still been hesitant to visit restuarants and other businesses.

To make my position clear overall:

Fuck Fauci :  He lied several times and is all over the place with his predictions.

Fuck the CDC:  They royally fucked up the original test kits, then contaminated subsequent test kits with the virus.

Fuck the WHO:  An abysmal corrupt organization that is 100% in the pockets of China

And fuck the power hungry governors who still want to hang on to power and maintain full lockdowns even though the fatality numbers have dropped to single digits. 

You strike me as a eunich. Who cut off your balls? Or are you a "saintly" priest? What gives? Every post you've made in this thread has been in the order of "Why are you speaking so harshly about sinisterly draconian policies that have been enacted to destroy the greatest country ever to exist? Why can't you be sweeter? Look at daaaaa curveeeeeeeeee. Do you know how daaaa curveeeeee works?"

Yes. I told you that I understand how daaa curve works repeatedly ~25 pages ago. I learned it when I was roughly 12 years old. It's a juvenile concept. Where did you go to school? 

Keep being friendzoned by your girlfriends you try to promote in model competitions here on the OG. It's laughable and reeks of erectille disfunction. You act like you're some moral authority. LOL! Pathetic. Grow some balls.

LOL at this REEEEEeEEEEEEeeeEE!! by OP because he is a dumbass & wrong

2/28/10
It is/was a social control experiment - the illuminati won.

Start planting veggies, buying guns and get the pitch forks.
12 days ago
6/20/13

OP proved to be right

12 days ago
1/1/01
Willin, you are exactly right. Closing down the worlds economy was a colossal blunder. It will take years to recover from this fuck up. This is going to be a bad summer. By fall I think there will be a world wide depression. This stupid virus wasn’t even close to being as bad as they predicted.
12 days ago
3/3/18
MmmozzY -
walkinassassin -

It prevented people from dying as a result of hospitals being too overwhelmed to treat them because they were hammered with too many cases at once.

Have you listened to or read NOTHING true about any of this since day one?

12 days ago
5/8/11
Crazy Larry -
MmmozzY -
walkinassassin -

It prevented people from dying as a result of hospitals being too overwhelmed to treat them because they were hammered with too many cases at once.

If you care about saving people you should lock yourself up every flu season to prevent yourself from spreading the flu to someone who is "most vulnerable"...sounds stupid right?  How about all the other people who are dying because they didn't go out and get the care they needed? Don't those lives matter too?  With almost 100,000 dead, the lockdown was a failure.  we could have had this same number with limiting lockdown to places like nursing homes and allowing everyone else to go on with their lives.  we didn't prevent anyone from dying...just delayed the lifecycle of the Wuhan flu.  we would all be at family BBQs right now if we just limited the lockdown to the most vulnerable.  We have cowards leading our nation, and cowards eating up the "we are all heroes" bullshit line to make you feel good about being scared.

12 days ago
11/24/09
fnunderful -
Crazy Larry -
MmmozzY -
walkinassassin -

If you care about saving people you should lock yourself up every flu season to prevent yourself from spreading the flu to someone who is "most vulnerable"...sounds stupid right?  How about all the other people who are dying because they didn't go out and get the care they needed? Don't those lives matter too?  With almost 100,000 dead, the lockdown was a failure.  we could have had this same number with limiting lockdown to places like nursing homes and allowing everyone else to go on with their lives.  we didn't prevent anyone from dying...just delayed the lifecycle of the Wuhan flu.  we would all be at family BBQs right now if we just limited the lockdown to the most vulnerable.  We have cowards leading our nation, and cowards eating up the "we are all heroes" bullshit line to make you feel good about being scared.

so everyone goes on living their lives but what do all the healthcare workers do ? live in a bubble for who knows how long ? how do you lockdown the most vulnerable when you need ppl to take care of them ? you lock down all those workers as well ? and all their famlies too cuz they have to live somewhere