Willin -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Willin -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Willin -
The_Pundits_Ghost -

So much stupid in one place...

SInce you're here - I agree.

The true death rate could turn out to be similar to that of a severe seasonal flu, below 1 percent, according to an editorial published in the journal by Dr. Anthony S. Fauci and Dr. H. Clifford Lane, of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, and Dr. Robert R. Redfield, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 

"Could turn out to be...."

Yet here you are making two thread in 24 hours repeating the .07% as if it were fact. 

You're doing the same cherry picking bullshit you're crying about, just in the other direction. 

What the fuck did I cherry pick?

Not only that, the survivability rate is UNDOUBTEDLY even better than reported - because so many people have had this but were untested for it since the medical community WASN'T testing for it. Or people had it and it passed without too much of an issue.

Not only that, they are apparently making headway ALREADY in treating it.

Yet the media would have you believe the sky is falling. 

We're all gonna dieeeeeeeeeeeeee! Ahhhhhhhhhh!

You're cherry picking the lowest possible mortality rate for your #fakenews that this is "barely more dangerous than the flu". 

Just like you're crying about the media using the highest numbers they can to scare everyone, just in the opposite direction. 

We'll see who has a greater estimation of reality in about 12 months from now.

Feel free to bump the thread then - if the big, bad COVID doesn't come to get you.

Decent deflection attempt. 7/10. 

What deflection? I inferred to hold me accountable when we have tangible widespread data domestically available. 

Ahhhh so now you want to wait for accurate data after making two threads parroting the lowest mortality rate you could find repeatedly? Lol, you're cute. 

You're deflecting from how a source you tried to use completely shits on your narrative that its just a flu. Fauci owned you. 

21 days ago
10/23/05
Willin - 
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Willin -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Willin -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Willin -
The_Pundits_Ghost -

The true death rate could turn out to be similar to that of a severe seasonal flu, below 1 percent, according to an editorial published in the journal by Dr. Anthony S. Fauci and Dr. H. Clifford Lane, of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, and Dr. Robert R. Redfield, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 

Yet here you are making two thread in 24 hours repeating the .07% as if it were fact. 

You're doing the same cherry picking bullshit you're crying about, just in the other direction. 

Not only that, the survivability rate is UNDOUBTEDLY even better than reported - because so many people have had this but were untested for it since the medical community WASN'T testing for it. Or people had it and it passed without too much of an issue.

You're cherry picking the lowest possible mortality rate for your #fakenews that this is "barely more dangerous than the flu". 

Just like you're crying about the media using the highest numbers they can to scare everyone, just in the opposite direction. 

Feel free to bump the thread then - if the big, bad COVID doesn't come to get you.

What deflection? I inferred to hold me accountable when we have tangible widespread data domestically available. 

If this is contained, you can thank pro-active politicians, health policy professionals, health care workers and plenty of others who are working around the clock.

You can only tap yourself on the shoulder if nothing happens in the circumstance that nothing was done. This isn't the case.

In either case, perhaps you haven't yet understood: I do wish that this turns out to be something relatively benign. We don't get a second chance if this isn't the case.

21 days ago
11/19/19

When Obama was president, you barely even heard about Ebola unless you watched Fox news.

21 days ago
5/13/11
ScreenName22 -

When Obama was president, you barely even heard about Ebola unless you watched Fox news.

That's a cute infographic to try and downplay this, but it's pretty idiotic to be comparing something we are 3 months into to all those others that are mostly finalized and spanned years or decades. 

21 days ago
10/23/05
ScreenName22 - 

Not sure what your point is.

How many died of Ebola in the US?

You didn't hear about the millions who died of TB, malaria, dengue or cholera this year either.

If you want data, go read a scientific journal or a WHO/CDC website.

21 days ago
5/22/17

Fake virus. Bigger agenda hidden behind it 

21 days ago
6/18/19

The crazy is out of the bottle.  Maybe our response next time will be different if this turns out to be nothing .

I think this be a huge set back to globalism, return huge sectors of production back to America, and get Trump easily relelcted .  

Its very possible that the history books will say that Trump saved America.  Greatest president of all time .  

21 days ago
1/1/01
ScreenName22 -

What is the purple plague?  Bubonic?

21 days ago
6/11/10
SandBlaster -

Fake virus. Bigger agenda hidden behind it 

So all of the hospitals in Italy are overwhelmed by taking care of people with a fake virus?

I’m all about conspiracy theories but this has got to be the dumbest thing Ive seen yet. Lol

21 days ago
3/28/02
mataleo1 -
Willin - 
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Willin -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Willin -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Willin -
The_Pundits_Ghost -

If this is contained, you can thank pro-active politicians, health policy professionals, health care workers and plenty of others who are working around the clock.

You can only tap yourself on the shoulder if nothing happens in the circumstance that nothing was done. This isn't the case.

In either case, perhaps you haven't yet understood: I do wish that this turns out to be something relatively benign. We don't get a second chance if this isn't the case.

Nice to see credible posters in this thread!

Perhaps in will open the eyes of a few CT wingnuts here

But they are usually immune to evidence and rationality 

21 days ago
1/1/01
Same 3 morons making the same thread over and over again.
21 days ago
4/25/13

I still do not fear the virus but the insanity of the worldwide govts is what scares me. I feel like I am in a twilight zone episode with this crap. Hell we have states and cities freeing prisoners and stopping arresting criminals. Some areas are now making it so you can not buy guns to protect yourself. This is one of the weaker viruses in modren history and yet our govt is making laws to send us into armageddon.

Edited: 21 days ago
3/13/18
Vindell -

I still do not fear the virus but the insanity of the worldwide govts is what scares me. I feel like I am in a twilight zone episode with this crap. Hell we have states and cities freeing prisoners and stopping arresting criminals. Some areas are now making it so you can not buy guns to protect yourself. This is one of the weaker viruses in modren history and yet our govt is making laws to send us into armageddon.

Another brilliant og scholar. Thank god we have you to protect us from mataleo1’s propaganda!!!!

/ufuckingdolt

21 days ago
1/1/01
Tomato Can - Same 3 morons making the same thread over and over again.

Damn effective though. It's how those Russian troll farms are able to influence so many people.
21 days ago
1/1/01

Well one thing is for sure.  After this is over there will be Hollywood movies about this for years.

I say Tom Hanks will lead and play himself because he was one of the first actors to get it.

21 days ago
9/8/02
Sobering numbers that pour water on the crazy death predictions...as calculated by legit academics from great universities.

https://www.cebm.net/global-covid-19-case-fatality-rates/

Bottom line: "Our current best assumption, as of the 17th March, is the Case Fatality Rate in > 70s is approximately 1%. In the total population, it’s about 0.125%."
21 days ago
3/18/14

For a place with so many Maga guys It's surprising how much this place is eating up the media narrative

21 days ago
3/13/18
jcblass - Sobering numbers that pour water on the crazy death predictions...as calculated by legit academics from great universities.

https://www.cebm.net/global-covid-19-case-fatality-rates/

Bottom line: "Our current best assumption, as of the 17th March, is the Case Fatality Rate in > 70s is approximately 1%. In the total population, it’s about 0.125%."

From that article. A pretty big assumption there, not to mention arbitrary starting point. The answer is that we simply don’t know 

Therefore, to estimate the CFR, we used the lowest estimate, currently Germany’s 0.25%, and halved this based on the assumption that half the cases go undetected by testing and none of this group dies.

21 days ago
3/20/15

It is. And when it's all said and done this summer, the chinese,  will own far, far, far more of world countries then they already did. In real estate and stocks.

Lay n pray seriously needs to live in a shittier tent then the one he already does to realize the economic impact, and global shift this is causing over a not even top 5 deadly flu of this millenia.

But he will come back, with some smart assed comment basically cheering the demise of millions/billions of people, just so he can gloat on an internet forum.

In no time in my life have I ever wished something fatal on a human being......

21 days ago
7/26/12

“This isn't the Spanish flu. There was a World War going on during that outbreak. They barely even knew what they were dealing with. They barely understood germs or how they spread. Social distancing wasn't feasible even if they thought to do it.They barely had any treatment modalities. They barely had any medicines. They could barely communicate to society broadly with any immediacy due to primitive communication methods at that time. We've made drastic strides in the past 100 years”

exactly. And in those 100 years this is how we respond to protect people. We sequenced the genome in short order. We understand how germs spread. Social distancing is feasible with technology. We can communicate knowledge. 

Its cute that one of your opening paragraphs could be contained in an essay holding a position that actually includes reality. 

21 days ago
1/1/01
PoopingTom - 

If the whole problem is a lack of ventilators then they should be mass producing them like there's no tomorrow.  

Not easy to make. I'm sure that aerospace companies, etc can retool to make them. But it's going to take time.
21 days ago
3/20/15

This douche is no better...Not understanding the global rammifications of a flu virus that is laughed at by actual global pandemic viruses.

Dude, it killed old people, so does the flu. Some people 20-54 died, they do with flu. I still have not read of 1 0-10 year old that has died..... All others have. 

No, every 1-10 y/o in the world was not quarantined. And that age group should have the least immunity to any virus, not vaccinated.

There's some seriously stupid people here. This is an economic move by an sense of the word. China's huge economy was called out 10 years ago asbeing false and when a certain leader called that country out, something had to be done. China didn't care if 50, 100, 200 million Chinese died,as long as it killed the market, they could dive back in........And that will be the history of this in 20-30 years when people look back.

Just my opinion though......not on res or L&G....but on the socio-political results.....

Edited: 21 days ago
4/13/12
Samoa -
ScreenName22 -

What is the purple plague?  Bubonic?

the second wave of it where it killed 1/3 of europe.  bubonic plague hit 3 times.  first time it was known as the plague of justinian, second was the black death in the 1800s, and the third time it was the third plague.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubonic_plague

21 days ago
7/2/07
Where are we getting the 99.3% survival rate?

I have heard several different rates the last few days and I am confused about what is accurate.
21 days ago
3/18/12

OP you're right.  This also paces the way for govt to shut down the American way of life when they see fit.  Fucking millennials are incapable and sheep.  This is a shit show.  Just wait a few months when you see many of your friends and family financially ruined.  But don't worry, they'll get 1k if they make peasant wage.  

Wake up.