OtherGround Forums California bans schools suspensions!

Edited: 9 days ago
4/27/18

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/california-bans-public-schools-suspending-troublemakers

cuz racism, duuurrrr

Is there anyone more stupid than gavin newsom?

9 days ago
4/27/18

Not content to let problem-students hold the entire class back until they're sent home, California governor Gavin Newsom on Monday signed into law Senate Bill 419, prohibiting the suspension of disruptive kids by both public and charter schools.

The new law (SB 419) which goes into effect July 1, 2020 will permanently prohibit 'willful defiance' suspensions in grades four and five, and will ban such suspensions in grades six through eight for five years, according to the Sacramento Bee. 

So that shitty, unparented, future inmate blowing spitballs at the chalkboard all day can't get sent home no matter how disruptive they are. 

Why? Because it's 'discriminatory' to suspend troublemakers, of course! 

"I strongly believe that SB 419 will bring justice to California youth by eliminating suspensions for disruption and defiance, putting an end to discriminatory discipline policies and instituting restorative justice practices," said civil rights activist Dolores Huerta. 

Opposed to the bill was the Charter School Development Center, whose executive director said that SB419 is a "one size fits all" measure that is "a fix in search of a problem." 

Maybe students like these just need a time-out in detention?

9 days ago
8/5/17

Shit is so bad in a lot of schools right now that I wouldn't object to a weird idea like this on a base level. Unfortunately in reality, this will just perpetuate the current trend of little to no discipline and bringing the rest of the students down.

We are far from a hypothetical time of less discipline being a good thing.

9 days ago
6/16/07
wfa.
9 days ago
1/1/01

This is how yutes are made

9 days ago
4/6/19

the intentional march towards idiocrazy is amazing to watch

9 days ago
12/17/06

Ridiculous leftist shit.

9 days ago
5/22/02
I have to agree, sending kids home does nothing, you need in school prison cells, lock the little fuckers in solitary with nothing but their work to do, it will give them a good idea of what to expect from their future.
9 days ago
1/1/01
What they need to "ban" is the fathers abandoning their kids, resulting in them in growing up to be thugs.

But yeah, get rid of even more discipline.

The state is a joke. Nothing but politically-correct cowards.

4/16/13

I'm not for the ban but boy did I love getting suspended in middle and high school.

One time I went to school with on one of my suspension days with the buddy I got suspended with. We were blazed and drunk and danced a fool until half the school was looking out the window and cheering us on. Principal came out and tried to chase us down. We left him in the fucking dust. We became school legends.

The punishment...... 3 more days of suspension! Me and my friend smoked about 10 blunts a day for those 3 days, went into NYC to find drugs, and had a fucking blast. Not exactly an effective way to teach us a lesson.

9 days ago
4/20/17

Add that nonsense to Katy ISD outside Houston eliminating the D grade on report cards. Now a C- because feelings.

9 days ago
1/25/04
densefog - 

Add that nonsense to Katy ISD outside Houston eliminating the D grade on report cards. Now a C- because feelings.

On a bright note, this will make legit C- students work harder to avoid being seen as someone who really earned a D

11/9/10

Your gov is a giant pussy. And a total fucking idiot. He doesn’t want anyone to deal with any kind of punishment. 

9 days ago
3/16/15

Legit LOL.

"Hey, asswipes, go nuts on your teachers!  There are no consequences!!!!"

9 days ago
3/11/13

yeah this is how you create a massive teacher shortage. who would have the patience to try and teach in an environment like that?

9 days ago
3/16/15
duckdentistry - 

yeah this is how you create a massive teacher shortage. who would have the patience to try and teach in an environment like that?

"Fuck you, bitch!  I don't have to listen to you, you cunt!!!!!"

Is that how this will play out?

Survey says......YES!!!!!!!!

9 days ago
3/3/03

California once again on the cutting-edge of all things great and wise.  

9 days ago
1/1/01
I am not sure this is a bad thing...worse thing when I was in school was in school suspension, getting to stay home was a fucking gift
9 days ago
3/16/06

Cal 3 must happen. It's the last hope. 

8 days ago
10/16/10
All these crazy far left policies like restorative justice that leave thugs in schools and on the streets will be the death of PC culture.

It's one thing to politely refrain from discussing violence disparities as long as the offenders are punished but that politeness will go out the window if authorities refuse to protect the public. People will be left with no choice.
8 days ago
1/2/15
Josh - I am not sure this is a bad thing...worse thing when I was in school was in school suspension, getting to stay home was a fucking gift

Only if you had shitty parents

If I were to be suspended, my parents would have had me do yard work, clean the garage etc 

8 days ago
8/7/19
Stupid kids equal Dem votes.

Le Shat
©
8 days ago
7/18/11

Oh, this will end well. 

8 days ago
11/17/10
RonaldRaygun -

I'm not for the ban but boy did I love getting suspended in middle and high school.

One time I went to school with on one of my suspension days with the buddy I got suspended with. We were blazed and drunk and danced a fool until half the school was looking out the window and cheering us on. Principal came out and tried to chase us down. We left him in the fucking dust. We became school legends.

The punishment...... 3 more days of suspension! Me and my friend smoked about 10 blunts a day for those 3 days, went into NYC to find drugs, and had a fucking blast. Not exactly an effective way to teach us a lesson.

might not teach the suspended kid a lesson, but at least it will remove a distraction from the classroom so the rest of the students can learn and the teacher can focus time and resourses properly

8 days ago
6/13/07
Remember in The Wire where they took the 8 kids out of classes, gave them focused education? It was better for all involved. That isnt just from a TV show, that is science and is done here in Florida. It works.

Did California include that portion in the bill, or just, no you cant suspend kids for being little assholes or worse?