OtherGround Forums Can anybody make it to the end

9/18/19 9:22 PM
2/1/13

In for tomorrow at work haha

Edited: 9/18/19 9:56 PM
1/1/01

Could be good but it's just the same shit over and over. I stopped at 5500 out of pure bordem

9/18/19 10:08 PM
9/13/06

I can’t scroll, so I just leave them alone and they just keep on going.  Maybe just leave them alone. 

9/18/19 10:10 PM
12/9/13

39 years. Beat that.

We first became aware of the Fruvëv in 2381. They inhabit the misty planet Trëvmurv in the Frovog system. They are taciturn, polite, and thrifty. 

The Fruvëv have learned how to catch water-dwelling creatures such as the frovëg, which is now an important part of the Fruvëv diet.

In 2420, Trëvmurv collided with a wandering planetoid, resulting in a mass extinction event which wiped out all traces of Fruvëv civilization.

9/18/19 10:19 PM
11/19/06

I had one go to like 800 years. They were flying around. Space, cloning, etc. everyone had power, plumbing, rockets etc. only to get killed off. Bummer. 

Edited: 9/18/19 10:34 PM
3/16/11

Othergrounder

We first became aware of the Human degenerate in 2019. They inhabit the absurd internet forum known only as the Otherground in the system of Sol. They are tribal, generally ignorant and dumb as shit, but my God, those giant cocks. 

The OG'ers use tools stoned for many things. This has dramatically improved their efficiency in hunting the wild African rooster.

In 2020, exactly half of the Othergrounders committed suicide after a surprise election result and the other half a year later because they had no one to argue with, bringing about the end of the Otherground civilization.

9/18/19 10:47 PM
6/30/14
Srapbangap
We first became aware of the Srapbangap in 2642. They inhabit the dry planet Slingangan in the Srengicvaip Srictengain system. They are diligent, nimble, and creative.

The Srapbangap have successfully tested their first faster-than-light starship. No longer are they trapped within the gravity well of the Srengicvaip Srictengain system: they are now free to take their place alongside us as fellow wanderers among the stars.

In 3367, the Srapbangap joined us.
9/18/19 11:10 PM
2/27/13
Kubla khan -

39 years. Beat that.

We first became aware of the Fruvëv in 2381. They inhabit the misty planet Trëvmurv in the Frovog system. They are taciturn, polite, and thrifty. 

The Fruvëv have learned how to catch water-dwelling creatures such as the frovëg, which is now an important part of the Fruvëv diet.

In 2420, Trëvmurv collided with a wandering planetoid, resulting in a mass extinction event which wiped out all traces of Fruvëv civilization.

39 years? Those are rookie numbers son! 

had a civilisation die to a comet in 2 years, I was still scrolling up in order to click on fishing.

9/18/19 11:16 PM
10/8/13
Fan of Fanboys - Srapbangap
We first became aware of the Srapbangap in 2642. They inhabit the dry planet Slingangan in the Srengicvaip Srictengain system. They are diligent, nimble, and creative.

The Srapbangap have successfully tested their first faster-than-light starship. No longer are they trapped within the gravity well of the Srengicvaip Srictengain system: they are now free to take their place alongside us as fellow wanderers among the stars.

In 3367, the Srapbangap joined us.

725 years wow you got lucky. Congratulations that you finally made it!

9/18/19 11:22 PM
5/14/13

9/18/19 11:22 PM
5/14/13

Spoiler for the end in next image if anyone wants to see it.

9/18/19 11:24 PM
5/14/13

9/18/19 11:31 PM
7/4/09

4ltr

9/18/19 11:44 PM
4/20/11

I have no idea wtf is going. What is this?

9/18/19 11:51 PM
9/13/14
The Pendulum -

What strategy did you use?

9/19/19 12:02 AM
5/14/13
VFR -
The Pendulum -

Normally agriculture, fishing, astronomy, tools, fire, writing.

That seems to be the best base, regardless of how intelligent the population youre working with is. It's a very simple game.

9/19/19 12:26 AM
1/19/12
The Pendulum -
VFR -
The Pendulum -

That seems to be the best base, regardless of how intelligent the population youre working with is. It's a very simple game.

Why astronomy so soon?

9/19/19 6:38 AM
5/14/13
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -
The Pendulum -
VFR -
The Pendulum -

Why astronomy so soon?

Personal choice at first.

Seems to have benefits with the algorithm though, there must be an intelligence bonus because I noticed you'll gain more passive bonuses with certain choices, but be more likely to have random events end your game.

9/19/19 6:51 AM
2/27/13
The Pendulum -
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -
The Pendulum -
VFR -
The Pendulum -

Why astronomy so soon?

Seems to have benefits with the algorithm though, there must be an intelligence bonus because I noticed you'll gain more passive bonuses with certain choices, but be more likely to have random events end your game.

I was avoiding pushing various techs on them, prefering to let them figure it out themselves. fire was one of those, as they kept setting fire to a forest and wiping themselves out.

Maybe I'll try again and push fire?

I had similar issues with sailing and construction. If they got either of them before some basic sanitation / medical / pest control tech, they tended to get wiped out by disease.

9/19/19 7:27 AM
5/14/13
Banjaxo -
The Pendulum -
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -
The Pendulum -
VFR -
The Pendulum -

Why astronomy so soon?

I was avoiding pushing various techs on them, prefering to let them figure it out themselves. fire was one of those, as they kept setting fire to a forest and wiping themselves out.

Maybe I'll try again and push fire?

I had similar issues with sailing and construction. If they got either of them before some basic sanitation / medical / pest control tech, they tended to get wiped out by disease.

I had one instance of forest fires.

9/19/19 2:03 PM
9/13/14

"winning" is very meh. They join and then that's it?

9/19/19 3:02 PM
1/12/11

First go through

We first became aware of the Enateqeb in 2899. They inhabit the dry planet Atuteqez in the Utanezab system. They are nomadic, fearful, and meticulous.

In 3324, a number of Enateqeb traders returned from across the sea bearing symptoms of an unfamiliar illness. Having no immunity to the germs that caused the disease, the majority of the Enateqeb population was wiped out by the ensuing plague.

9/19/19 4:05 PM
12/13/15

Been playing this all day. Pretty fun 500 yrs is my best so far

9/19/19 4:15 PM
1/1/01
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB - 
The Pendulum -
VFR -
The Pendulum -

Why astronomy so soon?

I haven't played yet, but I would think astronomy could benefit other things like sailing, math, etc.

9/19/19 4:22 PM
1/1/01

In